Suho/Tao

Hipster Exo Drabbles

 

                The pressure was getting to him; Suho could tell. Tao was a strong boy, even though his frequent tears might have suggested otherwise. Their impending debut was stressful for all of them, of course.

                But Suho saw something in Tao’s eyes that the others obviously didn’t, and as a leader, it was his job to take care of s. He was just doing this as a leader. Nothing more.

                (Although it didn’t pain him nearly as much to see anyone else cry.)

                He disregarded that thought.

                “Tao-yah, is everything okay?” he asked, sitting down in the stairwell next to Tao after practice.

                “S-Suho-hyung,” Tao jumped, looking up at Suho.

                “Are you okay?” Suho asked again, and Tao sighed. He took a deep breath, and it almost looked like he was going to cry. “Here, give me a hug.”

                Tao leaned into Suho and suddenly started bawling. Suho held him close, rubbing soothing circles into his back and trying to convince himself that he had no more feelings for Tao than a father would for his son. Or a leader would for s.

                “It’s going to be okay,” Suho said soothingly. “I’m here for you. I’m always here for you.”

                “You’re not going to be in China,” Tao whispered, and Suho’s heart ached, because he knew that it was true.

                And that’s when he realized that this was more than a fatherly feeling he had for Tao. He couldn’t deny it any longer.

                “Tao,” Suho said calmly, “you can call me every day, if you want.”

                “Really?” Tao looked up with blotchy eyes, but then dropped his gaze suddenly. “I’m afraid I’ll forget about you.”

                “No, you won’t,” Suho said.

                “How do you know?”

                “How could you forget the boy who confessed to you in a staircase?”

                “But nobody c—” Tao cut himself off as he gasped.

                “Will you forget me now?” Suho asked teasingly, and Tao wiped his eyes with a soft smile.

                “I-if you don’t mind me saying, hyung, I think it might take a little more than that,” Tao said impishly. Suho gave him a reprimanding look but appeased Tao, kissing him lightly on the forehead. Tao puckered his lips up at Suho, but Suho shook his head with a laugh.

                “Patience is a virtue, Tao-yah,” he said. “Taking things slow.”

                “Fine,” Tao said lightly, “I’ll wait for however long it takes, hyung.”

I literally could not find a photo of them together. If anyone has anything...Also I don't like this drabble very much ahhh.

But thanks for all the comments! I'm glad you're liking this so far. ♥