Baekhyun/Tao

Hipster Exo Drabbles

 

                To say that Baekhyun was happy that Tao gave him the Taurus pendant would be a gross understatement.

                He wasn’t happy; he was absolutely thrilled.

                Tao was hard not to fall in love with, and Baekhyun was pretty sure that a few of the other guys had their eyes on Tao as well. Baekhyun had always thought, though, that Tao paid him more attention than he did the others. Sure, Tao seemed to like Kris (Baekhyun kept a very close eye on M’s activities), but had he given Kris a Taurus pendant?

                No.

                “Because we’re both Taurus. Beef,” Tao had said with a meek little laugh, offering the pendant to Baekhyun.

                “Thanks, Tao,” he had replied to his cute dongsaeng. “I’ll find a chain to wear it on!” Tao had smiled.

                And now Baekhyun was finally wearing it after finding a chain that was just long enough. He wanted to show off the pendant, show everyone that Tao had given him a gift.

                He bounced up to Tao, who had just finished getting styled for their one-hundred day event, and he grinned up at him. Tao noticed right away.

                “Hyung!” he said in his thick Chinese accent that Baekhyun found so insanely cute. “You’re wearing it!”

                “Of course I am!” Baekhyun smiled. “I told you I would, didn’t I?”

                “I didn’t think you actually would,” Tao replied. “It looks good.”

                Baekhyun had a little bit of a fanboy moment, because they way Tao looked at him when he said that was just too much. He petted Tao’s hair like he always did, and he could have sworn he saw Tao blush a little.

                “Beef-hyung, will you translate for me if I don’t understand?” Tao said, referencing the fan event they were about to attend. Baekhyun smiled at the nickname and nodded.

                “Sure I will,” Baekhyun replied, poking Tao’s stomach teasingly. “I always do.” Tao laughed.

                “Thanks,” he said. “I’m glad they make me sit next to you.”

                And before he knew it, words were dribbling out of Baekhyun’s mouth, and Baekhyun found himself completely unable to stop talking.

                “Me too. Oh wait, Tao, before you go…um…one more thing. Will you…will you…I mean, we could go and get bubble tea or something after our schedule is over maybe. If you want.”

                “Uh…could you say that again?” Tao asked. “I didn’t understand. You were talking fast and there were some words that seemed confused.”

                Baekhyun sighed. The one problem with Tao’s very lacking Korean skills was that Baekhyun forgot that he usually had to speak simply.

                He wondered if what he was about to say was simple enough.

                “I like you. Will you go out with me?” Baekhyun asked, and Tao turned bright red.

                “Eh?” he stuttered. “You like me?”

                “Yeah,” Baekhyun admitted, and he could feel his face heating up as well. “Tao, you’re just…well, you’re so cute, and so sweet, and so handsome and tall and talented and perfect and I can’t help but be head over heels for you so will you please just go out with me?”

                “Uh…you were talking really fast again,” Tao said, “but uh…I like you too, hyung,” he said shyly. “I’ll go out with you.”

                “Really?” Baekhyun cried. He beamed as he poked Tao teasingly again, and Tao laughed cutely.

                During the fanmeet, he kept sneaking glances at Tao only to see that Tao was looking at him in a way that he’d only ever dreamed to be looked at.

                And to think it all started with a Taurus necklace. 

I got a little off-topic...hmmm I might rewrite this one or maybe write another Baektao at some point, because I know I can do better than this. They're cute though :)