Chapter 25

I Don't Know

_______’s POV

 

“You’re telling me that she is suffering from amnesia?” Said a familiar voice.

 

“Yeah. She can remember things up to 2008 only,” Seungri explained.

 

“Can we go see her?” A male voice asked.

 

Several sounds of disagreement were made.

 

“Just let him be,” Another voice said.

 

What is up with all these voices? Just come into the goddamn room!

 

As if they read my thoughts, they went inside. My eyes rounded and I motioned for Seungri to be by my side.

 

“Yah! Aren’t they SM Town? What are they doing here?” I asked.

 

Seungri was about to answer when I cut him off.

 

“Am I dying? Is this charity work? Oh my God it really is. I’m too young to die! I mean, the group of boys who visited me a few days ago were so good-looking and they wanted to help me regain my memories and have I told you they are so good-looking?”

 

“You’ve said that twice,” DBSK’s Xiah Junsu said.

 

I looked at all the DBSK members.

 

“Wow, your hairstyles have changed drastically. I told you, Seungri! There is no such thing as JYJ, right? It’s not true that you guys disbanded, right?” I asked.

 

“It’s true that we’ve disbanded but we still keep in contact,” Jaejoong said.

 

“Wow, your voice is really nice. You should speak more often on variety shows,” I pointed out.

 

Yoochun let out a laugh.

 

“We can’t be on variety shows anymore. Long story,” He said. I shrugged it off.

 

“Where’s Hankyung-ssi?” I asked Kangin.

 

Said male coughed.

 

“He left Super Junior,” Donghae answered.

 

“Oh. What about Leeteuk, Yesung and Heechul?”

 

“All three of them are in the military,” Eunhyuk answered.

 

“So the only ones left are Kangin, Shindong, Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Siwon, Zhou Mi, Ryeowook, Henry and Kyuhyun, am I right?”

 

“Yeah,” Sungmin answered, looking directly at my eyes.

 

I don’t know why but I felt hurt when I looked at him.

 

“That’s a pity. I really wanted to see my bias up close again,” I said.

 

“And that happens to be Jongwoon hyung?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“Yeah! How did you know?”

 

“You told us,”

 

I don’t remember meeting them?

 

“Alright?”

 

“Seunghyun, where’s Jonghyun?” I asked him.

 

“Right here!” Jonghyun said as he rushed into the room.

 

“I heard about your memory loss, babe,” He said as he kissed my cheeks. I blushed.

 

“Wow, what happened to your hair? Seriously, everyone’s hair here is so different. Especially Sunny’s. I remember when you had long brown hair. Now it’s short and blonde! It suits you,” I said.

 

“Thanks,” She said.

 

“So, what are you guys doing here?” I asked.

 

“We’re here to visit you, duh,” A new voice said.

 

“It can’t be… It is! Heechul!”

 

“Hey there, kiddo. You remember me?”

 

“Of course! We ate out together, remember? That night, I can’t remember what we were celebrating. All I remember was pranking a group of people and running away to eat with you later,”

 

“No fair! How come she remembers you but not me?” A voice said.

 

I know that voice. Didn’t they say that he was in the military? Strangely enough, I remember Jongwoon oppa.

 

“Jongwoon oppa!”

 

“So you do remember me~” He sang.

 

“Of course! You picked me up at my house. I was talking on the phone with someone and then you picked me up,”

 

“Awww, I’m honoured,” He said, touching my philtrum.

 

“So what else do you remember?” Eunhyuk asked.

 

“Ahh, that bastard, Hyunjung. I don’t know how or why but it’s better than him popping up and me fancying him again,”

 

“That’s great!” Jonghyun said.

 

“I don’t know about you but every time I see you, I feel hurt. I have no idea why, though. I’m sorry, Sungmin,” I said.

 

He forced a smile.

 

“It’s no problem, really. Excuse me, I need to go to the toilet,” He said as he bolted out the door.

 

The rest of SM Town looked at Sungmin’s retreating figure, sighing.

 

“I guess he really needs to go,” I said, trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

 

BoA chuckled.

 

“Still the same,” She said, ruffling my hair.

 

“So that means I’m still your favourite dongsaeng?” It slipped my mouth.

 

How?

 

“You remember?” She said, surprised.

 

“I mean, it just came out of my mouth,” I said.

 

“Woah,” She said.

 

“If she remembers that moment, she must remember me!” Changmin exclaimed.

 

“Who is he?” I asked.

 

All of their jaws dropped.

 

“I’m just pulling your leg, Shim. Of course I remember you,”

 

“So how does it feel like, trying to remember?” Yoona asked.

 

“There are some that are very clear but there are also ones that are blurry. Plus, I can’t piece together the clear ones. So I remember certain moments but not how or why it happened,” I answered.

 

“Must’ve been tough on you,” Taeyeon said.

 

“Aww, Taeyeon’s being soft,” I .

 

She looked at me, eyes gleaming.

 

“You remember me!”

 

“Of course. I forced you to ride the rollercoaster with me,” I said.

 

“Do you remember who else you forced to ride on the rollercoaster?” Victoria asked.

 

“Of course! TaeYoonSica and f(x),” I answered.

 

“And then I remember watching a movie with someone but I can’t put my finger on it,” I said.

 

“Is it male or female?” Henry asked.

 

“Male. I don’t think he’s- SHINee!” I exclaimed.

 

“SHE REMEMBERS!” Jinki exclaimed.

 

“Of course, I told you not to call me noona but you insist,”

 

“Oh. You remember that too?” He asked sheepishly.

 

“How’s training, Jonghyun?” I asked.

 

“Me?” Kim Jonghyun asked.

 

“Not you,” I said as I stuck my tongue out.

 

“Noona, I debuted 3 years ago~” Lee Jonghyun sang.

 

“Yah! You’re starting to call me noona again. Why is that, Lee Jonghyun? I thought I told you to stop?”

 

“Yeah but then you asked me to continue,”

 

“Really?”

 

“Nope,” He said, childishly.

 

“If I’m not confined to this IV drip, I would’ve strangled you,” I threatened.

 

“You know you won’t,” Jonghyun said.

 

“You’re right,” I said, defeated.

 

“Wait, I remember Hyunjung cheating on me. That must’ve meant that we broke up, Jonghyun. Why is that?” I asked.

 

Jonghyun started coughing. After a few seconds, it died down and was replaced by a sigh.

 

“It was my birthday and you came to my house, bringing home-made cupcakes but you saw me kissing your bestfriend and before I had a chance to explain, you broke up and left me. I wanted to explain to you but then I got busy with training,” He explained.

 

My eyes widened. My head started throbbing. Suddenly, everything Jonghyun related presented itself to me, unlocking another series of memories. I out. I woke up a few minutes or hours or days later.

 

“I remember everything, now,” I said to no one in particular.

 

“But there’s this tugging feeling at my heart. Like it’s not quite everything,” I mumbled.

 

“It probably isn’t,” Sungmin said, startling me.

 

“You’re right,” I mused.

 

There’s this empty feeling but I can’t quite place it.

 

“It’s like something or someone’s missing,”

 

“Must’ve been someone important,” He said.

 

“Yeah. I guess so. It’s like my brain doesn’t want to remember that person,” I said, not knowing my words dug deeper into Sungmin’s heart.

 

“My mind doesn’t remember it but my heart does. Problem is, all it remembers is pain. There’s the occasional skipping of heartbeat but mostly pain. And that usually happens when I’m with you. Why is that?” I asked Sungmin.

 

“I have no idea,” He said.

 

“Eyyy, you’re lying. You must have a clue what’s going on,” I said, rashly.

 

“I don’t know. It’s your heart,” He said, softly.

 

“I guess you’re right. Why did I even ask you?”

 

I seriously need a brain to mouth filter.

 

“Perhaps I had something to do with it,” He said.

 

“Would you like to help me remember? You’re kinda like the main character now,” I said.

 

He got out of his chair.

 

“I’m not sure if you want to remember. All you remember is pain, right?” He said, sadly as he left the room.

 

His words kept on replaying in my head,

 

All you remember is pain, right?

 

I must’ve unknowingly struck a chord. But why? It’s like I meant something to him and vice versa. I heard the door open again. I pretended to sleep.

 

“My poor little dongsaeng. It’s déjà vu, isn’t it? Me trying to kill you but you always end up with a concussion. Your biological oppa is very, very hurt. At least I succeeded with dad. Mom’s dying soon, anyway. They’re going to pull the plug. It’s just you. But I guess I’ll let you live. You were the only one who loved me from the start, anyways. It’s a pity I made you lose your memories when we were younger. That’s how mom and dad hated me and sent me away. I should hate you but I can’t. My precious little dongsaeng,” I felt the man caressing my face.

 

“I wanted you to experience pain so I hired Hyunjung to do the job for me. He did well, I’m proud. Your so called bestfriend did well too. My poor dongsaeng. You must’ve freaked out when you saw that rat, am I right? And how a guy called, asking about you sleeping well? That was me. I guess this will be the last time I see you. I’m fleeing the country. Won’t tell you where. I don’t want you to find me. Goodbye, dongsaeng. Just remember that I did what I did because I wanted to protect you. You’ll remember, someday. Maybe my name will trigger a few things sooner or later. Lee Youngdo will miss his dongsaeng. Remember that, okay?” He said.

 

After a few minutes, I opened my eyes.

 

What the heck is happening?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 29378012983012, I'm finally back! Haha, sorry guys. I had a major writer's block and I just-- Well, the next chapter is currently in progress and should be up in 2 weeks or less.... (or more) I know, I'm a bad author. T_T Forgive me. T_T