Chapter 13

I Don't Know

Heechul’s P.O.V

 

“You’re expecting me to believe this piece of crap?” I asked, bewildered.

‘He doesn’t need to narrate it, though,’

‘You heard it too, hyung?’

‘Does that mean that we can read his thoughts too?’

‘Maybe we’re just hearing Kyuhyun impersonating Heechul hyung,’

‘Hyung! Have you forgotten that I am in this too? You hyungs are so annoying. I’ll have revenge. NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NY-‘

‘Cho Kyuhyun! Shut up!’

‘Heechul hyung?!’

‘Heechul hyung?!’

‘Heechul hyung?!’

‘It’s Heechul?!’

‘Yes, it is. YAH! CHO KYUHYUN! IT’S HEECHUL HYUNG TO YOU. AM I YOUR FRIEND?!’ (Friend – Same age)

‘Hyung, how are you connected to us? OH MY GOD SUN! Don’t tell me that you like ______ too?!’

 

Like _____ too? What does he mean by- Wait… Connected… Like _______...

 

‘ANIYO! I DON’T KNOW HOW OR WHY I AM CONNECTED TO YOU AND I SERIOUSLY DO NOT WANT TO BE IN THIS SITUATION  AND… All four of you like ______? You do know that she’s with Hyunjung, right?’

‘Hyung, don’t mention ‘it’s name. It’s just…… blerghhhh…’

‘Jongwoon hyung’s right, Heechul hyung. Especially in your thoughts since we can hear you’

‘I want to kick his . We should go face to face. One, two. One,two,’ Donghae said while punching the air.

‘Heechul hyung, it looks like you narrate everything too. Welcome to the club!’

‘Wait. Shut up for a while, maknae. When did you guys get this … ability?’

‘Yesterday night. I’m guessing we dreamt of the same thing. In the dream, this voice said that it pitied us. So, it gave us this ability because we are somehow connected. It only lasts for a day, though. We’re still thinking of how we can use this to our advantage. In my opinion, I think this-‘

‘I want food,’

‘Fishy hyung! Don’t interrupt Minnie hyung!’

‘Thanks, Kyu. Anyways, where was I? Oh yeah! In my opinion, I think this doesn’t make any sense,’

‘Obviously, Sungmin. How am I involved in this again?’

 

‘You got involved in this because you knew their little secret,’

 

Wow. What the hell was that?’

‘Hyung, it’s the voice that gave us this annoying ability,’

 

‘Kim Jongwoon, be grateful that I gave you this specialty. With great power comes great responsibility. I advise you to use this-‘

 

‘God, this voice is annoying. Oh Annoying One! This will last until today, right?’

 

‘I will just ignore what you called me. Apparently, there is something wrong with the ‘take back ability’ button. It might last for a few weeks or even months to come. Until then, be-‘

 

‘YAH! HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO US? I WILL NOT TOLERATE TH-’

‘BWOH?! ME, SHARING MY MIND WITH THEM? PUH-LEASE! I WOULD LIKE MY MIND TO MYSE-‘

‘I DON’T KNOW WHO YOU ARE BUT I WILL FIND YOU AND I WILL KILL YO-‘

‘HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PRANK THE HYUNGS WHEN THEY KNOW WHAT IS IN MY MIND?! EFF THIS PIECE OF NONSENSE!‘

 

Everyone went silent.

 

‘Kyuhyun’s right. He can’t prank us anymore. Not that I got pranked by him or anything. I just get disrespected. This is beyond amazing. Maybe it’s not going to be so bad after a-‘

‘NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA NY-‘

‘I take back what I said. CHO KYUHYUN! SHUT THE EFF UP AND RESPECT YOUR HYUNGS!’

‘Heechul hyung, you know you don’t need to shout, right? My ears are hurting,’

‘Hae’s right, hyung,’

‘Debatable. If Heechul hyung didn’t shout, Kyuhyun might have still be going NYA NYA NYA on us,’

‘Thank you, Jongwoon. By the way, you can imitate Kyuhyun. HOW?’

‘Oh, it’s nothing. Kyu’s pretty easy to imitate. I-‘

‘I will put nails in all of your shoes. Beware, hyungs. Beware…’

‘Has anyone of you seen Kyuhyun?’

‘Wasn’t he in the Living Room with us a while ago?’

‘Don’t tell me that he-‘

‘YAH! CHO KYUHYUN!’

‘YAH! CHO KYUHYUN!’

‘YAH! CHO KYUHYUN!’

‘De, hyung-deul?’ Kyuhyun asked, popping out of no where and looking as innocent as possible.

‘What do you mean by ‘looking as innocent as possible’? I’m innocent! I didn’t do anything…’

 

Drat. I forgot that we can read each other’s thoughts.

 

‘This is going to be one hell of a month,’

‘You can count on that, hyung,’

‘This is going to be tiring,’

‘I want my Starcraft,’

 

-     A week later –

 

It’s been a week. There were a few days when I would bump into ______. At first, I thought she looked sad because she was stressed and tired. Soon, I got to know that it wasn’t because of that. It was only a few days into their relationship when ‘it’ started being a jerk.

 

‘Yay! Hyung’s starting to call ‘it’, ‘it’!’

‘That guy just annoys the life out of me,’

‘It’s not fair how he gets ____ and have the time of his life with her only to break her heart a few times while we who didn’t even get a chance to be with her, suffer with her. Seeing her cry breaks my heart,’

‘She… cried?’

‘Oh, yes hyung. But it’s recent,’

‘What did ‘it’ do this time?’

‘Apparently, he stood her up,’

‘BWOH?!’

‘BWOH?!’

‘BWOH?!’

‘BWOH?!’

You didn’t know? These past few days, _______ wanted to hang out with ‘it’ but he made all sorts of excuses to avoid it. One day, ______ finally got Hyunjung to go out on a date with her. She waited for 3 hours but Hyunjung didn’t show up. So, she went to his house and saw that he was playing video games,’

 

My beloved dongsaeng is dating this… piece of crap?!

 

I knew that she cried but I didn’t know that it was because of this. Hyungs and dongsaengs, I think it’s time we have a man to man talk with ‘it’,’

‘Speaking of the devil, literally, kaja,’

‘I don’t care about being rational. It’s now or never,’

 

All five of us marched towards ‘it’ when we saw something that he shouldn’t do. I clenched my fists. Donghae quickly took a picture of ‘it’……. kissing another girl?!

 

“YAH PARK HYUNJUNG YOU BASTARD!” We chorused.

“What do you want?” He asked, annoyed.

 

He’s not regretful? Or even surprised? Does he even love ______?

 

“You have a freaking girlfriend and now you’re kissing this… ?!” I spat through gritted teeth. Good thing I’m wearing my disguise.

 

“Oppa! He called me a ,” That girl whined in an annoying voice.

 

“Do you think I care about you? Get lost. I have a girlfriend,” ‘It’ said, coldly.

“Exactly. You have a girlfriend. I’m showing this to _______,” Donghae threatened.

 

‘It’s eyes went wide but then it was replaced with a smirk.

 

“Do you really want to ruin our beautiful relationship? How would you think she feel? She’d probably be crying for weeks,” ‘It’ said, confidently.

 

I could see the other four clenching their fists, trying their best not to punch ‘it’. Suddenly, ‘it’s phone rang.

 

“Yoboseyo? Ah, yeobo,”

 

I looked over to see their reactions.

 

Oh boy. This is not good. He’s probably going to make them jealo-

 

“De, I’ll come home quickly. Let’s do something fun tonight, arasseo? erted thoughts? Maybe. Haha okay. De, saranghae!”

 

I thought so. Something fun tonight? Hell to the no.

 

I scoffed.

 

“Yah, Park Hyunjung. You, listen to me. Don’t you freaking take away her ity you two-time bastard. You break her heart, we break you. We’re going to show her that photo. It’ll be the best for her. This is your last warning. Oh and by the way, you should wear a mask next time. Your ugly face could be spotted from miles. It dangers the public. I wouldn’t want those innocent children playing in the park or the lovely elderly couples going to the hospital because of you, now would I? Now scram before I pray to every God I know to put you in hell,” I spat, turned around 180 degrees and walked away, leaving a dumbfounded Hyunjung and some surprised dongsaengs.

 

‘Wow, hyung, daebak! When I grow up, I want to be like Heechul hyung,’

‘Kyuhyun, you’re already a grown up,’

‘Just let him be, Jongwoon hyung. I’ve been his room mate for years. I know how he’s like,’

‘Oohhhh I smell some KyuMin moment. I am definitely the luckiest KyuMin shipper alive. I get to read their thoughts and be with them 24/7. I get to EunHae too because I can read Hae’s mind. This is starting to become handy,’

‘Back to the current issue. What should we do now?’

‘Come out with the worst insults ever. Every time we see him, we say it to him. I’m going to break him mentally first. Let him taste what I meant by ‘you break her heart, we break you’,’

‘Heechul hyung, you seriously are my idol,’

‘I know, I know. I hope ______ will be okay,’

 

-Two weeks later-

 

________’s P.O.V

 

This has got to be the most tiring and stressful week ever. Soo Man just told me that I would be shooting my music video soon.

 

-Flashback-

 

“_______, you’re going to shoot your music video soon,”

“Am I going to be dancing in boxes and weirdly lit rooms?” I asked.

“Yes… How did you know?”

“Sir, you have been doing the same thing since U with Super Junior. There were some music videos that didn’t involve boxes. The fans are getting bored of it. I personally like it because every time you see a box, you think of Super Junior. Since I’m going to debut, I need to make an impact so that people would try to listen to me. Personally, I think it should be a drama MV,” I suggested.

“You talk too much for a trainee who’s going to debut… but that’s good since I get to know from a fan’s point of view. You know what? You’re right. Why don’t you think of the story line? If we think it’s good, we’ll approve it,”

“Yes, sir. I will do my best,”

“Oh, yes. You must have a dance version of the song since the music video does not involve dancing. Prepare for double the work,”

“Yes, sir,”

“You will be debuting under a different name. We think you should be called “Blaze”. You will symbolize your blazing passion to succeed. Your debut song is “He Lied”. Good luck,”

“Thank you, sir,”

 

-Present-

 

Why did I open my mouth? FML. Now I need to think of the story line. Urgh… I need inspiration!

 

I guess I didn’t see where I was going as I bumped into a rather petite girl.

 

“Yah! Watch where you’re going,” A familiar voice said.

 

“Sorry, I-“ I looked up to see that the person I bumped into was… SUNNY?!

 

“Sunny?”

“That’s sunbae to you,”

“I don’t get it. Why-“

“Oh shut up. We never did like you. Only those three idiots over there,” She pointed towards Jessica, Yoona and Taeyeon.

 

“Yah! You may be my sunbae but I am older than you. Also, don’t disrespect your leader,”

“Nevermind, ______. I’m used to this,” Taeyeon sighed.

“I don’t care if you’re older than me by a few months or even 10 years. Get lost or else,”

“Or else?” I challenged.

 

Sunny raised her hand to slap me. I could see the other SNSD members (apart from the three) giggling and laughing. I braced myself for the impact. I waited for a few more seconds.

 

Why aren’t I feeling anything?

 

I opened my eyes to see Heechul, Jongwoon, Sungmin, Donghae and Kyuhyun oppas glaring at them.

 

“What were you about to do?” Heechul oppa asked.

“Heechul oppa! Nothing! We were just playing with unnie,”

“Yeah right. You were just ‘playing’ with me…… ,”

I muttered under my breath.

 

Unfortunately, everyone heard that.

 

“Yah! You and the rest, respect people who are older than you. I don’t care if you debuted first or are more successful. You have a pretty face but a damned heart. What are you still doing here? Get out of my sight. Except for you three,” Heechul oppa said.

 

I wonder why he’s so… angry?

 

“Yoona, Jessica and Taeyeon, thanks for taking care of your unnie and chingu here. Oppa’ll treat you to something delicious, arasseo? Kaja,” Heechul oppa said while grinning.

 

“De!” And with that they went to a nearby ice cream parlour.

 

I excused myself. I would love to spend time with my beloved namja chingu~ I walked all the way to Oppa’s house. I took out the keys from my pocket and stuck it in.

 

“Oppa! I’m he- YAH PARK HYUNJUNG! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING AND WHO THE HELL IS SHE?!”

“Ah, yeobo~ She’s just a nobody,”

“You. Get out of his house,” I glared at her until she was out of sight and closed the door.

 

“If she was a nobody, why were you kissing her?”

“I- I-“

“Nothing to say? You know, Hyunjung, this is the second time I caught you with another girl. I don’t even know if I should even give you another chance,” I said, tears threatening to fall.

 

“______, you’re just exaggerating everything. You are so inconsiderate. Plus, you’re being dramatic,”

 

“I gave you another chance because I loved you. What am I supposed to do now?”

 

“What do you mean? I think there’s something wrong with you,”

 

“Yes, I think there’s something wrong with me. I even parodied a song because of you the first time you cheated. A normal girl would confront her boyfriend and break up with him, not parody a song and move on like nothing happened. Want to listen? Here, I wrote it on a piece of paper. Oh yeah and guess what? I think I’m finally normal now because WE ARE OVER!” I quickly ran away from that house to a nearby park. The song keeps on repeating in my head. I had an intuition that this would happen. (Try singing/reading it in the tune of Xia Junsu’s Uncommitted)

 

It was all a dream,

Reality was far from the same picture you painted for me,

You told me I was the one and I believed,

Until the dream dissipated so suddenly.

 

I don’t know why you were so compelled to cheat,

Something was messing with your honesty,

I’m confused, you’re saying something’s wrong with me,

But how can I fix something that doesn’t exist?

 

You said she’s nobody,

“Baby, you exaggerate the whole thing,”

You told me that I’d be inconsiderate,

And I cannot believe.

 

You said “I can be committed”,

I said “Baby, you don’t really get it”,

You said “She’s not the right type. Only good for one night. I’ll never stay committed to her,”

 

 

How could this be?

You’re telling me,

“I will never let her be my everything,”

I called you a player,

And that you’d never change,

I feel that I’m ready to leave again,

 

I said I could never trust a player like you,

But baby you said it was your history.

You’re telling me,

Dramatic is a part of me,

It’s like in my system,

And it would never leave.

 

You said she’s nobody,

“Baby, you exaggerate the whole thing,”

You told me that I’d be inconsiderate,

And I cannot believe.

 

You said “I can be committed”,

I said “Baby, you don’t really get it”,

You said “She’s not the right type. Only good for one night. I’ll never stay committed to her,”

 

You said “I can be committed”,

I said “Baby, you don’t really get it”,

You said “She’s not the right type. Only good for one night. I’ll never stay committed to her,”

 

 

I’d never admit it,

And then I’ll never get it,

But somehow you could be right,

 

You said “I can be committed”,

I said “Baby, you don’t really get it”,

You said “She’s not the right type. Only good for one night. I’ll never stay committed to her,”

 

You said “I can be committed”,

I said “Baby, you don’t really get it”,

You said “She’s not the right type. Only good for one night. I’ll never stay committed to her,”

 

It’s sad how I spent my time parodying this song. The warm night breeze makes it sadder. I came back from a tiring day of practise only to deal with my unfaithful boyfriend? I guess he never did love me. Our relationship wasn’t even a hundred days old!

 

“________, gwenchana?”

“Hyunjung oppa?”

“Ani,” My face fell.

 

I looked up to see that it was Sungmin oppa. Hurt is evident in his expression.

 

“Ah, mianhae. I thought you were someone else,”

“Gwenchana. I’m okay but what about you?”

"I-"