Chapter 2

I Don't Know

 

The Next Day

_______’s P.O.V

 

I got up early this morning to prepare for today. I made some food and some lemonade and put it in a basket. Oh yeah! Before I forget…

 

To: Hyunjung Ahjussi

From: The Awesome One

Ahjussi, meet me in front of my house at 1 o’clock. It’s still the same. You should know since it’s just the opposite of your old house. -.-“ Bye! ^^ PS: Bring your bike too!

 

I wore a blue T-shirt and paired it with some white shorts. I tied my hair into a ponytail and wore my favourite sneakers. I took my camera, took the picnic basket and bolted out the front door. When I was out, I noticed Hyunjung ahjussi. I guess he’s waiting for me?

 

“Ahjussi, you’re here already? Wow, impressive,” I said.

“First, stop calling me ahjussi please. I prefer oppa. Second, you told me to come here at 1 o’clock, right? It’s 1.30 p.m. now,” he said matter-of-factly.

“Oh… Haha.. Well, NO I WON’T CALL YOU OPPA, AHJUSSI! I only will if it’s a matter of life and death,” Now it’s my turn to say it matter-of-factly.

“Wae? I’m just a year older than you,” ahjussi said with a little bit of aegyo.

“Yuck! Aegyo doesn’t suit an old man like you,” I said while grinning.

“Ppali, ahjussi! Let’s get going. Follow me!” I said enthusiastically. Well, maybe too enthusiastic.

“Arasseo, arasseo,” Hyunjung said.

 

I cycled to a hill I found while I was cycling all alone during the Hyunjung-left-me-alone days with Hyunjung trailing behind me. I used to go here with my guitar and sing “I’m a Loner” by CN BLUE out loud. I can sing it out loud since no one’s there. I know, it’s sad. Finally, after about 30 minutes, we arrived. The view is still as breath taking as always.

 

“How did you find this beautiful place, _______?” Hyunjung asked. His voice filled with curiosity.

“I used to come here when I feel lonely since someone left me,” I said as I remembered those days. It was kinda fun once you get used to it. I know. I’ve got a case of “Forever Alone”.

“Mianhae, _______-ah. I-“

“Never mind. The past is the past. Now, it’s time to enjoy the present and anticipate the future. Why don’t you enjoy the scenery first while I prepare the things?”

“Ah, okay. Sure,” Hyunjung said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

 

Hmmm. I wonder what’s up with him. Well, never mind. I’ll ask when the time is right.

 

Hyunjung’s P.O.V

 

I still feel guilty. Just the thought of leaving her for a few seconds can make me go nuts. I love her. Since the day we met.

 

Flashback

 

Aish, it’s raining heavily and I didn’t bring an umbrella. Okay, time for Operation: Get through the rain.

 I walked through the rain calmly while watching people running in the rain.

Hah! This people don’t know that if you run in the rain, you’ll get wetter. It’s scientifically proven.

 I thought I was the only one walking calmly when I noticed someone walking calmly beside me.

Wow, she’s a smart one. And pretty too. I wonder if she has a boyfri- Wait. Why would I think about that? I just met her. There are butterflies in my stomach. I feel like I am riding on a rollercoaster. I think my heart skipped a beat. What is this feeling? I think it’s love. But I just met her a few seconds ago. Heck, I haven’t even talked to her.

The pretty girl beside me started heading towards a nearby coffee shop.

Hmm, this may be my chance to talk to her and get to know her.

So, I followed her to the shop. She ordered an Americano. My favourite drink. I was just behind her. So, while she was waiting for her order, I ordered an Americano too. She dropped something but she was too oblivious to notice.

“Excuse me, miss but you dropped your handkerchief,” I said while I handed it to her.

“De? Oh, kamsahamnida. It might have dropped when I paid for my Americano. Hey, are you in the same school as me? You have the same uniform as the boys in my school,” She said.

“Duh, Captain Obvious. Well, how old are you?”

“De? Oh, I’m 15. How about you?”

“Oh, I’m 16,” I said. I’m too focused on her beauty to focus on anything else.

“Omo, so you’re my sunbae. Well, sunbae, your coffee’s done,” She said.

“Wait, before you go, can I please have your phone number? Oh and what’s your name?”

“Sure. Here’s my number. Lee ______ imnida. I’ve got to go now. Bye sunbae!” She said cheerfully.

Present

And since that day, we hung out together. In a matter of weeks we became best friends. We were together throughout the whole year until I had to leave for America.

I wonder if she feels the same way. She’s too oblivious to notice my feelings, though. She’s even oblivious enough to not notice Super….. something sitting right there as we speak. I’m not gonna tell her. I’m just gonna watch her embarrass herself in front of them because I’m evil that way.

I grinned evilly to myself.

 

_______’s P.O.V

 

Why is that ahjussi smiling like a crazy person? Not my problem, though.

After I finished setting up everything, I called Hyunjung over. Then, we started eating. I made A LOT of sandwiches and some cupcakes for dessert. I brought along some lemonade since it’s one of Hyunjung’s favourite drinks.

Urgh, I’m sooo full right not. I feel heavy. I think I need to exercise more. I haven’t exercised in like, a month.

I packed all of the leftovers and put it back into the basket. Then, I took out my camera secretly and took a surprise photo of Hyunjung. Finally, after what feels like decades, Hyunjung ahjussi’s photo is out!

I wonder how it’ll look li-

“BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. OH MY GOD HYUNJUNG! HAHAHA YOU HAHAHAHHA LOOK HAHAHA RIDICULOUS! HAHAHA OWWW MY STOMACH HAHAHAHHA HURTS! HAHAHAHAHA. HAHAHA. HA. HA. Phew, now that that’s done-“ I said while turning around just to see a flustered Hyunjung. That did it. “BWAHAHAHHA HAHAHHAHA HYUNJUNG HAHAHHA”

I had my laughing fit for like, 5 more minutes. I was literally, rolling on the grass while laughing out loud. Then, I realised the predictable.

Hyunjung won’t let it slide THAT easy. He’ll usually- Oh God. What have I done?

“Hyunjung, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean too! Please spare my life! I apologize. Don’t tickle me! Please! I- HAHAHAHHAHA HYUNJUNG HAHAHAH STOP HAHAHAH IT TICKLES! HAHAHA I’LL DO ANYTHING! HAHAHAHAHHA”

“Well, there is one thing you can do,” Hyunjung said as he stopped tickling me.

Uh–oh. It’s not going to be pretty. He’ll usually ask you to do something simple before he asks you to do the IMPOSSIBRU. It’s like the calm before the storm.

“Call me oppa and stop calling me ahjussi for the rest of your life,”

Wait. This is too easy. Well, let’s just see.

“Okay, OPPA, Now spill it. There’s always something worse,” I said, bracing myself for the worst.

“Go to that group of men over there and-“ He paused dramatically “-Do the chicken dance,”

“No way, halmeoni! I’ll scan the photo I took of you and it’ll appear everywhere in the Internet! You can’t make me do it,” I said while smirking.

“Tsk, tsk ______. While you were laughing your head off, I took that wonderful photo of mine and disposed it. And at the same time, I took a surprise photo of you laughing. I can put that photo online, instead. Since I used my phone, it’ll be hard for you to delete it since my phone is always with me. So- Oh yeah! Did you just call me a grandmother a while ago?!”

, I’m in trouble.

“New task for you. Instead of doing the chicken dance, which I think is already generous enough of me, go to that group of men over there, introduce yourself as a crazy person who loves unicorns soooo much and they exist. Then, for the grand finale, spin once while singing “Rainbow monkeys, rainbow monkeys”. I expect the best out of you. Good luck and have fun embarrassing yourself. May the odds be ever in your favour,” Hyunjung said. Then, he started laughing evilly.

Urgh, this is going to be the end of me. I’ll get revenge, Park Hyunjung! Just you wait.

I thought as I headed towards my soon-to-be humiliation fest.