Chapter 24

I Don't Know

_______’s POV

 

After cooking up an evil scheme, I decided to head over to the kitchen to grab something to eat.

 

“_______-ah,” A familiar voice said.

 

“Sungmin oppa!”

 

“Now you’re calling me oppa?”

 

“Well, I prefer it to be this way, don’t you think?”

 

“Yeah. So, remember the time at the hospital? The day we stalked you?”

 

“Yeah...? We ran away from the crowd and ended up in an ice cream parlour,”

 

“Wanna do that again?”

 

I grinned.

 

“Sure!”

 

“First, let’s get closer to the door but it must be done inconspicuously. Then, on the count of three, we’ll run for the door and straight into my car. Got it?”

 

“Roger that,”

 

“Okay, let’s go,” Sungmin oppa said as he went into the living room and accidentally engaged himself in a religious conversation with Siwon oppa.

 

I stealthily went to the door, slipped out of it and ran towards Sungmin oppa’s car. Sungmin oppa caught up not long after.

“So, how did you get yourself out of there?” I asked him.

 

“Well…”

 

-Flashback-

 

“-and that is why you have to believe in God,” Siwon concluded.

 

“Yes, dongsaeng, I completely agree. Now, I shall go to the nearest church and pray. May you be blessed,”

 

-End of flashback-

 

“-and that is how I got out of it,”

 

“Suuuuuureeeeeee. On a side note, oppa, where are we going?”

 

“Why don’t we go to the place where we first met?”

 

The drive to the hill was quite short since it wasn’t really that far. We got out of the car and made our way to the spot where I first met Super Junior.

 

“Hey _____. Are you a parking ticket? Because you’ve got fine written all over you,”

 

“Ewwwwwww. That’s so cheesy!”

 

“Only for you, babe,”

 

“No thank you,”

 

“Aww, you hurt my feelings,” He said as he placed his hand on his heart.

 

“Whatever. Oppa, catch me if you can~” I said as I ran, not really knowing where I was heading.

 

“Hey! Be careful!” He said before chasing me.

 

It went on and on for what felt like three hours (It was just 3 minutes, really) We wouldn’t have stopped if it wasn’t for my clumsiness that got in the way. All was going well, until my feet gave up and I fell.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah, it’s nothing,”

 

But Sungmin oppa won’t take that as answer.

 

He shouldn’t have asked if he was going to treat it anyway but awwww, what a sweetheart. :’)

 

“You really should be more careful,” He said as he took a random water bottle that he found and poured the water onto my wound and putting a band-aid after that.

 

“Thanks oppa,” I smiled.

 

He gave me a peck on the lips and proceeded to lay beside me.

 

“Lee ______, the oldest trick in the book,” A familiar voice said.

 

“What do you want, Park Hyunjung?” I asked.

 

“What do you mean, Park Hyunjung?” Sungmin oppa asked.

 

“Didn’t you pull this trick on me when we were dating? Pretending to be clumsy so that I could take care of you. Desperate for attention now, are we?”

 

“Excuse you, Park Hyunjung. I can’t control my clumsiness,”

 

“Of course you can’t but what you can control is where the event took place. ______, isn’t this where it took place?”

 

“Oh shut up, Hyunjung. It wasn’t me who suggested this place,”

 

“But you agreed to it, didn’t you?”

 

“I did but only because it was where we first met,”

 

“But weren’t you with me at that time?”

 

“What are you trying to say, Hyunjung?”

 

“How long did it take for you to accept Lee Sungmin after our break-up?”

 

“That doesn’t answer my-“

 

“Not long, I suppose. Going to the places where we went, doing the actions that you did when we were still together, Lee ________, are you using your poor little boy toy?”

 

“He’s not a boy toy! I really do love him,”

 

“Yeah, right. Keep telling that to yourself. Deep down, you’re still in love with me,”

 

“You wish, Park Hyunjung,”

 

“Please. I wouldn’t want a girl like you to be my girlfriend. Flirting with another guy on national television when you already have a boyfriend. How… classy,”

 

“I didn’t flirt with him. I just thought he was being friendly,”

 

“Yeah, and dogs can fly. Don’t lie, Blaze. You’ve thought of excellent comebacks but you can’t tell when a guy is flirting or being friendly? How daft of you,”

 

“Sungmin oppa, let’s go,” I said, tugging at his hand.

 

“No, I want to hear what he has to say,” He said, coldly, pulling his hand away from my grip during the process.

 

“Oh look, lover boy is defying his girlfriend just to hear what her ex has to say. Now what does that say about your relationship?”

 

Sungmin and I looked at each other after we had processed his words.

 

“Sungmin oppa…”

 

“You know what? Hyunjung’s right. What does that say of our relationship? We haven’t been spending much time lately as you said you were busy,”

 

“I’m not the one who arranges my own schedule. Don’t be like this, oppa. Give us a chance. During this past month, we were happy,”

 

“Yeah, but how many times did we even went out for a date?”

 

“But-“

 

“I’m sorry. Maybe we should take some time apart and sort out our own feelings,”

 

“You know what? Maybe we should,” I said, holding back my tears that were threatening to fall.

 

Hyunjung left the scene and I left shortly after.

 

I can’t believe it. Why is he doing this to me? Maybe it’s for the best?

 

Day 1

 

He says we needed space. Was it really necessary? Why won’t he believe me?

 

“He was just being a jerk,” Was what Boa unnie said to me when I told her.

 

I don’t think so. I must have hurt him. This is all my fault.

 

Day 13

 

The members are all ignoring him for breaking my heart.

 

“You shouldn’t do that,” Was what I told them.

 

It’s all my fault. He probably hates me now. I destroyed his relationship with his band members. But I love him.

 

Day 26

 

He still won’t listen to me. He won’t answer my calls nor my texts. I’ve come to realize that I’ve been in love with him since I was with Hyunjung. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t realize it then. My sisterly love for Hyunjung was mistaken as a lover’s love. I remember when I accepted Hyunjung. I kind of half expected Sungmin to object but he didn’t and that was what made me accept Hyunjung. My heart fluttered when we ran to the ice cream parlour. I noticed how he almost kissed me. I anticipated it but it never came. I was disappointed, to say the least. The dreams that I had when they were racing to hang out with me were my heart’s desires but I was too stubborn to admit it. I saw him kissing Sunny the other day. A part of me died. Another part of me died when I saw him holding hands with her, laughing with her, not even casting a single glance towards my way. Maybe he mistook his love for me.

 

Day 47

 

I’m getting busier than ever. I guess it’s a good thing. I’m able to forget him and the pain he brought but what I won’t be able to forget is how he enjoyed himself with Sunny, not even acknowledging my existence. I still love you, Lee Sungmin. I have to go now. Time for my next schedule.

 

At the filming site

 

“We, Exo, are actually pretty close to Jonghyun hyung,” Joonmyun began.

 

“Yeah! Recently, he challenged us to a sing off. We accepted it and challenged him to a dance off but unfortunately, he kept backing out of it, saying he doesn’t have enough time,” Baekhyun said.

 

“Why don’t you do it now? You’re both here,” I suggested.

 

“Great idea, Blaze!” Yonghwa joined in.

 

Jonghyun, Baekhyun, Jongdae, Kyungsoo and Luhan stepped out.

 

“Woah, 4 versus 1?” Minhyuk voiced out.

 

“He said he could take on the four of us single-handedly,” Chanyeol explained.

 

“Hyung, are you sure?” Jungshin asked.

 

Jonghyun nodded his head absentmindedly.

 

‘How? What? Why?’ He thought.

 

“Who will be the judge?” Yonghwa asked.

 

“Why don’t we ask PD-nim?” I said.

 

And with that, the sing off began. Jonghyun sang ‘Lies’ by CN Blue while Luhan, Jongdae, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun sang ‘What Is Love’. By the time they finished singing, a crowd had gathered.

 

“Uncles and aunties, put aside your favouritism and be true to yourself. Who sang better?”

 

As expected, Jonghyun lost to Exo’s lead vocalists, giving out their all and singing with such emotion that could make someone cry rivers.

 

Okay so maybe I’m a bit biased.

 

“Hyung, you shouldn’t have challenged them,” Minhyuk said, stifling his laughter.

 

“Don’t forget that you still have that dance off~” I said.

 

“Geez, thanks for the words of encouragement, guys,”

 

‘What dance off? What kind of sick joke is this? I’m a band member for crying out loud!’ Said Jonghyun’s conscious.

 

“On this side, Kai, Lay and Sehun are warming up,” Yonghwa commented.

 

Sensing that the cameras are focusing on them, they decided to break into a random dance.

 

“Hyung, you can’t even dance and these guys are dance geniuses. What were you thinking?” Jungshin asked.

 

“I can’t recall challenging them,” Jonghyun said.

 

“Are you calling our guest and my beloved dongsaengs liars?” I asked.

 

“No, of course not,” Jonghyun said, flustered.

 

“I thought so,”

 

And so began the dance battle between Exo and Jonghyun, in which Jonghyun failed so miserably.

 

“But that’s entertainment!” Minhyuk cried out, trying hard not to engage in another laughing fit.

 

“Whatever,” Jonghyun grumbled, looking quite irritated.

 

“And that is why you shouldn’t challenge Kai, Lay and Sehun. Especially when you have no experience at all,” I narrated.

 

“The embarrassment I got is all worth it if I entertained you, Blaze,” Jonghyun said as he winked.

 

Cue a cooing crowd, three cringing band members, a shocked idol group and a female idol who is currently choking on her own spit. After the whole coughing-choking-what-is-air ordeal, I shot him a look.

 

“Way to impress a girl, hyung!” Minhyuk said.

 

“Oh, shut up,” He said.

 

 Somewhere in the corner, oblivious to them, a guy in his mid-twenties was observing them the whole time. Suddenly, a scream was heard followed by a loud sound caused by a crash. He left the scene, leaving behind a note that read;

 

‘My dear dongsaeng ________, it’s not fair that you’re having the time of your life while I’m stuck in this miserable life. I wonder how it would feel to be hit by this thing over here,’

 

“Stay with us _______!”

 

I would love to.

 

“SOMEONE CALL 911!”

 

But I can’t decide the events that took place.

 

“Her head is bleeding!”

 

I hope Sungmin oppa understands that.

 

“She’s losing consciousness! WHERE IS THE GODDAMN AMBULANCE!”

 

I just want to forget.

 

Day 1

 

Darkness. That was all I could see. The sounds faded. I am all alone. I sat down on the ground, not knowing what to do. Suddenly, a dot of light appeared. I tried to grab it but it went further ahead. Deciding that it would be better than nothing, I followed it.

 

“I’m so sorry. I really love you. Please, wake up,”

 

Day 58

 

The little thing certainly didn’t make it easy. Every time I got near, it’ll jump ahead 3 metres or some crazy thing like that. I’ve thought of giving up but this could be the only chance for me to wake up. I’m afraid that if I stop now, I’ll stop forever.

 

“I’m glad we don’t have a lot of schedules. I really miss you. I found your diary. I shouldn’t have doubted you. Please, I’m so sorry. Please wake up soon,”

 

Day 79

 

It’s been a while, I’ve lost track of the days and it’s getting really tiring but the good news is, it seems to be easier to catch this thing? Just an arm’s length away…

 

“It’s been 79 days. I can’t visit you tomorrow since I have to go and perform for the ELFs. Please wake up. It was a misunderstanding. I’m not dating Sunny. I’m sorry,”

 

D-Day

 

“Ddhasjdh! Hasjk dhask jdhkas!”

 

What?

 

“Call asdhkasjhd!”

“Don’t forget xasdas sdasdj!”

“Does he even have a right djhfasd sdsh jok?”

“He isdhs hasd boyfriend,”

“Ex, you mean,”

“Calm dweqw. We need to asjdhsakd dhasjkd,”

 

what?

 

Suddenly, one of my eyelids was forced open and I was face to face with a torchlight shining into my eye. The same procedure was done to my other eyelid.

 

“Everything’s fine. Now, we just need her to answer a few questions,”

 

I looked to my right and opened my eyes. I was in a hospital room.

 

“________-ah?” Seunghyun asked.

 

Seunghyun… Wait! Aren’t we supposed to organize our annual prom this year?

 

“Oh, Seunghyun-ah? What’s up? Wait, what are you doing here? Wait, where’s my notebook? Seunghyun! Prom is three weeks away. What are we doing here?!”

 

Gasps could be heard. I turned around and my eyes widened.

 

Who are these 12 unknown boys?

 

Suddenly, my alarm sounded.

 

Do not you love me?

Do not want to forget?

Saero shijakhaeryo hae—

 

What time is it? Whose song is this? It sounds like Junsu-ssi’s voice but I don’t remember hearing this song?

 

Unsure, I unlocked my phone.

 

5:00 p.m. – EXO’s comeback! <3

 

Settings > Alarm > Song: Nine - JYJ

 

“EXO? Who’s EXO and who’s JYJ? The person who sang the chorus is quite talented, he reminds me of Xiah Junsu,”

 

“Noona, it sounds like Xiah Junsu because it is Xiah Junsu,” Seunghyun explained.

 

“Nonsense! Junsu’s in DBSK. Is JYJ a sub-unit? I doubt it because I should know if that happened since I’m a dedicated Cassie,”

 

“Doctor, what’s wrong?”

 

Yeah, what’s going on?

 

“I have a theory. _________, what’s the date today?”

 

The date?

 

“I don’t know since I’m not sure for how long I’ve been out but I’m quite sure that it’s the year 2008,” I answered

 

The doctor shook his head.

 

“I knew something like this would happen. She has amnesia. Thankfully it’s not Anterograde amnesia or else--”

 

Anterograde.. Why does that sound so simi-

 

“Because hyung, you don’t deserve to see daisies wither,”

“Your name is Do Kyungsoo,”

“Who are you?”

“Happy birthday, to us,”

“My name is Jongin. I’m the writer from next door. See you tomorrow, hyung. Don’t forget!”

Anterograde Tomorrow. Fanfiction written by changdictator.

 

I clutched my throbbing head.

 

So I have amnesia and the first thing I remember are quotes from a fanfic? Wait.. Jongin… and Kyungsoo! Maybe it’s the names of the members of EXO? Maybe they can give me some sort of explanation?

 

“______, are you alright? The doctor said that whenever that happens, it means that he triggered something and you remember things. You were dazed for a few minutes back then,” Seunghyun asked.

 

“I’m fine. I just remembered something, though. Jongin-ssi. Who’s Jongin? Anybody here named Jongin?” I asked.

 

“That would be me,” A tall, handsome boy answered.

 

“Wow, he’s cute,” I whispered to Seunghyun.

 

Snickers filled the room.

 

Well, let me correct myself. I thought I whispered to Seunghyun.

 

“Thanks, noona,”

 

“Awwww, you’re so adorable! Oh and who’s Do Kyungsoo?”

 

“It’s me, noona,” A pale, short, gorgeous boy answered.

 

“Damn, EXO has such good-looking members.. or perhaps they are the visuals? No wonder I’m looking forward to their comeback. Well, back to the point. I’d like to ask about An-“

 

“-Anterograde Tomorrow?” Jongin and Kyungsoo answered.

 

“Yeah, how did you know? Wait, do you stalk your fans and read the fanfics they write or something? Isn’t it in English? Are you guys good in English? Is EXO a two member group? Wow, that’s new in K-Pop since there are close to none two-member groups,”

 

“Woah, one question at a time, noona.  First off, Tao stalks the fans. Then, he asks Kris to translate what the fans wrote. Kris is the only member who is good in English. EXO is a twelve-member group and we’re not the first two-member group. The first two-member group in SM would be TVXQ,” Jongin answered.

 

TVXQ?

 

“Isn’t TVXQ the same as DBSK? DBSK is a five-member group. I have a copy of their Mirotic album somewhere in my house. Twelve members? Woah! That’s a lot. What entertainment are you in? I’m guessing SM. Wow! You must be pretty close to Super Junior, huh? Since both of you are in large groups. When did you guys debut? And shouldn’t you be at a music station right now since it says in my phone that you guys are having a comeback?”

 

“Noona, the doctor said that you remembered events up to 2008. We debuted last year, March 2012,”

 

“Haha, you’re funny, Jongin. It can’t possibly be 2013 now, right?” I asked the doctor.

 

“__________-ssi, we are in the year 2013,”

 

Impossible.

 

I checked the calendar on my phone.

 

June 2013. I really did lose my memories.

 

“Don’t worry, noona. We’ll help you recover them,” Kyungsoo said.

 

“First thing’s first. EXO, show your gorgeous selves!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N] I. Am. Such. A. Jerk. I'm sorry! Omg I can't believe I havent updated this in like, 2 months. D: Well, I had writers' block and I was lazy and school just... ugh. But yeah, I'll try to update earlier next month? /gets bricked/ You can bug me off at my twitter acc when I haven't updated for a long time. Omg this is just so.. D: Guys, I'm really sorry. D: T_T I wrote and extra long update just for you! :D Oh yeah, my twitter acc~ Bye~ Don't woryy, I've gotten loads of ideas now. XD See you in two weeks?