Our First Dance

Heart Skips A Beat

 

 

The news about Bomi being the team partner with Park Chorong for her final year project had swirled around wildly in Cube Art Academy. It had only been less than 24 hours since Bomi met the senior and now she had to deal with the unwanted attention from the students.

 

As Bomi walked along the hallway, she could feel the intense and glaring stares coming from the nearby students. Their loud whispers among themselves were seemly intentional, as Bomi could hear malicious words coming from their mouths. It was obvious that the male students couldn’t contain their jealously as they continuously mocking Bomi along the hallway, whilst the female students were having devil smirks on their faces, still couldn’t able to understand why of all people in the college, Park Chorong decided to choose her.

 

“Acckkk…!” Bomi muttered. A male student had purposely bumped into her causing all of the books in her arms to scatter all over the floor’s hallway. The male student chuckled and the hallway was then followed by a loud, shriek of laughter. Bomi got down on her knee, trying to pick her scattered books up, when she realized a helping figure was already picking up the books for her.

 

“Here you go.” The figure said, as he handed the books to Bomi. As Bomi looked up, she couldn’t believe what her eyes saw. Choi Minhwan? The senior is back?

 

“Are you okay?” He asked with a slight concerned on his tone.

 

“Ye- yes… Thank… Thank you…” Bomi replied as she bowed to the senior.

 

“It’s nothing. You should be careful next time.” He said, while giving a smile. Bomi smiled back in return. Her heart fluttered a little. That angelic smile that she had been admiring for a long time. He’s back. He’s finally back. Bomi found herself smiling as she continued to watch him, walking passed by her, oblivious to the stares of the students who watched the incident right in front of their eyes. The senior, Choi Minhwan, had helped Yoon Bomi. The handsome drummer helped the gorilla girl. The students were in awe.

 

Snapping back to reality, Bomi came to realize that she had an important thing to attend to. She rushed towards the entrance hall and saw an expensive, black-coloured BMW parked in the middle of the sidewalk. A young driver was seen waiting outside.

 

Flashback

 

Listening to Park Chorong’s threat, Bomi had no choice but to succumb to her request. God knew, how Bomi felt despised with the pleased-looking Park Chorong, who felt accomplished seeing the flustered Bomi. Bomi knew that agreeing to this, would make her life a living hell, but she had no choice. It was either this hell or that another bigger hell of being expelled.

 

“I’ve printed out your lectures’ schedules and matched it up with mine.” Said the senior, while handing a paper to Bomi who looked confused and annoyed at the same time.

 

Oh great! Now she’s stalking me!

 

“As soon as you finish your lecture tomorrow, we’ll be having our practice at my house. My driver will come and fetch you up right outside at the car park, near the entrance. Remember, don’t be late. I don’t like having my time wasted.”

 

Flashback ended

 

“I guess, this must be the driver that she was talking about.” Bomi murmured under her breath, while making her way towards the driver. The driver, who somehow happened to recognize her, gave her a slight bow as he opened the car’s door for Bomi. Bomi was in a slight confusion with the driver’s reaction, but she shrugged it off as she swiftly made her way inside the car.

 

“You must be Yoon Bomi-ssi?” the driver asked, breaking the silence between them.

 

“Aahh, yes.” Bomi answered, shortly.

 

“So, you’re friends with Chorongie?” he asked again. Ohh? He called her Chorongie? He must’ve been close enough to her to call her by that.

 

“Umm… No, not really… I’m just her junior.” Bomi answered honestly.

 

“Well, you must’ve been a lovely junior to her then. Chorongie wouldn’t ask me to fetch someone unless the people are important to her.”  

 

Duhh. I’m only important for her because she’s using me! Bomi could only give a fake, sour smile as she laughed it off.

 

Eventually, the car arrived at its destination. Bomi couldn’t help but to have her jaw dropped, as she gazed around the huge, white mansion, standing proudly, and right in front of her eyes. Wahhh, such mansion does exist in real life! She couldn’t stop admiring as she entered inside of the mansion. The living room was huge, perhaps four times larger than the dorm that she lived at the college; then she saw a 42-inch sized of a plasma television on the wall, with three luxurious fur-typed of cushions nicely arranged around the spacious living room. Park Chorong is one lucky princess.

 

The driver escorted Bomi all the way to the practice room, as Bomi saw Chorong talking with a lady, who looked like a performance instructor. Park Chorong was wearing a comfortable, over-sized grey T-shirt, with a red short pant. She was wearing less make-up, and somehow, she still looked rather pretty.  I guess this is why people go crazy over her.

 

“You have 3 minutes to change your clothes before we start our practice.” Chorong gave an order. Perfect. It’s only like 10 seconds I’m here and she already orders me around. How nice.

 

Bomi washed off her make-up and put her hair into a bun as she joined in the stretching session with the lady and Chorong. She wasn’t aware of how Chorong had been sneakily stealing a few glances at her, as she noticed how different Bomi looked than her usual appearance at college. Bomi looked so innocent.

 

“Alright, so before we start our dance practice for today, Bomi-ssi can you stand a little closer to Chorong-ssi?” the lady said with a gentle smile.

 

Ouh? So, Park Chorong wants to do a dance performance with me? Bomi figured in her mind.

 

“Now both of you face each other and hold each other’s hands.”

 

“H-huh?” Bomi’s eyes widen. She couldn’t believe what she had just heard. Hold each other’s hands?

 

“This is just a small test to see your chemistry,” the lady explained her point. Bomi who looked a little flustered, doubted on whether she was allowed to hold the senior’s hand or not, but as she tried to match her eyes with Chorong, she noticed how calm Chorong looked.

 

“Give me your hands, quick.” Chorong said with a straight face, as she offered both of her hands. Seeing how Bomi was reluctant to do so, Chorong then decided to just grab and hold Bomi’s hands. Once again, Bomi seemed flustered.

 

“Now, Bomi-ssi, place your right hand on Chorong’s waist.”

 

“Wh-what??” shrieked Bomi. She accidentally spurted out her dissatisfaction, not understanding why she had to do this in the first place.

 

“Yah! Can you be quiet and just do as what she told?” Chorong said in annoyance. For some reasons, she did not have anything againts the idea – not at all.

 

“And Chorong-ssi, place your left hand on Bomi’s left shoulder.”

 

This is awkward. Bomi muttered inside as she was not able to match Chorong’s eyes, who seemed rather comfortable with the whole situation. And that – Bomi couldn’t understand. As the pair joined their hands which held lower than their shoulders, the pair found themselves in an all-too-familiar ballroom dance position.

 

“In dancing, the communication between the dancing couple is crucial. Thus, in order for you to create complementary movements and good synergy, having chemistry is very important.”

 

“Bomi-ssi, you may begin with moving slightly backwards and Chorong-ssi, you may follow by moving forward. Lead and follow,” the lady explained as her hands wavered all over the place.

 

“Yah! You step on my feet!” Chorong exclaimed with a little annoyance in her voice. She stared at Bomi whose face scrunched in confusion.

 

“But… you’re moving too fast…” Bomi retorted back.

 

“That’s because you’re too slow!”

 

“Ouch! Now you’re stepping on my feet!”

 

“You deserved it!”

 

Blah, blah and blah.

 

It was only their first dance and the pair was already caught in a few rounds of arguments. The lady could only watched them, while shaking her head vigorously. But she had a little smile on her face. She could sense the chemistry.

 

And little do Chorong and Bomi knew that their chemistry was already there.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Finally an update!! So sorry to keep you guys waiting~ I've been busy for the whole week :( Anyways, I hope this chapter makes up those waiting times :)