An Agreement

Heart Skips A Beat

 

 

Park Chorong and Son Naeun were taking their lunch break at the college’s café. As usual, the girls were swarmed by a group of male students who walked them all way to the café, willing to leave their lectures halfway. Some guys had their mouth wide opened, staring crazily towards the two beautiful seniors, while giggling and whispering among themselves, feeling satisfied with only their presence.

 

Chorong and Naeun were well aware of the situation. But living up to their cold-city princesses’ images, they both choose to ignore the attention given. Park Chorong was cold, but Son Naeun was more friendly and more approachable. She would smile and occasionally waved back at the boys. Fan-service, as Naeun often said. 

 

“Chorong-ah, I thought you didn’t want to participate in the seniors’ performances?” Naeun asked her same-aged friend, with a rather confused look. As far as Naeun knew, her friend, Park Chorong, had never once be bothered about participating in any of the college’s activities.

 

Fact number 1, Chorong hated camping.

 

Fact number two, Chorong refused to do sports – despite her 8 years of learning Hapkido.

 

Fact number three, Chorong had never once performed on stage.

 

And fact number four, Son Naeun knew how talented Park Chorong was.

 

It was just that Park Chorong chose to hide her talents and lived a mysterious, cold life.  Chorong kept a lot of things to herself, a side of her that Naeun would never be able to understand.

 

“I’ve changed my mind.” Chorong answered simply, while sipping down her hot cappuccino drink. She was constantly looking at her watch, as if she was waiting for a certain time to come.

 

“But why? I thought you hate these kinds of stuffs.”

 

“Just cause? Well, I thought that it would be fun trying it out – considering, it’s our final year here?” Mehhh. Chorong was bluffing. She gulped down the last sip of her drink and looked yet again at her watch.

 

10 minutes before 1 p.m.

 

Chorong had somewhere to go. She didn’t want to be late.

 

“Naeun-ah, I’ve got something to attend to. Would it be okay for you to go shopping alone today?” Chorong asked, but she was already on both of her feet, ready to go somewhere.

 

“Ohh? Yeah, I guess it would be fine. I’ll call Yookyung then-” before Naeun could even finish her words, Chorong already went off.

 

Flashback

 

“Meet me at the library at 1 o’clock. Rack 118. Don’t be late.”

 

From: Park Chorong

 

Chorong folded the letter and slid it into an envelope.

 

“Pass this to Yoon Bomi. Make sure she gets it.” Said Park Chorong as she passed the letter to a student. In return, she gave the student a 100 dollar tips.

 

Flashback ended

 

Bomi was frantically searching for the rack 118. She had been to the library for numerous times, but being absent-minded as she was, she was never able to recall the location of each of the racks there.

 

“Rack 115? So, there’s 3 more racks.” Bomi muttered to herself, while looking everywhere for the glimpse of Park Chorong.

 

Right. There she is. Park Chorong was sitting comfortably at one of the desks in the corner. Bomi took a deep breath and off she went, walking towards the senior, revealing herself.

 

“Hi.” Bomi greeted awkwardly.

 

“You’re late.” Said Chorong while folding her arms firmly on her chest. She looked rather annoyed.

 

“I’m s-sorry. My lecture had just ended and I ran to the library, but I couldn’t find the-”

 

“Enough. Take a seat.” Chorong cut her off. Obliging to the senior’s order, Bomi pulled out the chair in front of Chorong, trying to settle on it, but only to find that she misplaced her buttocks on the sharp corner of the chair, causing her to shriek in pain. Clumsy Bomi is clumsy.

 

“Ouchh! That hurts!” The younger girl said while rubbing her buttocks, trying to minimize the pain but it didn’t work.

 

Chorong who saw the incident, found that it was too funny for her to digest. She almost burst out in laughter, but she refrained herself. She giggled inside.

 

Bomi who came to realize that she gave a rather loud shriek, felt a little embarrased. She glanced around, making sure that no one had heard her shriek. But then she realized that, Park Chorong was staring at her – with a smirk. Wait, is she making fun of me now? Bomi then took a seat, but was not able to meet Chorong’s stares.

 

“I’m assuming you came here as a sign of agreement to my request?” Chorong broke the silence between them.

 

Request? I thought it was an order. And I have yet to agree!! Bomi yelled inside.

 

“Silence means yes and starting from tomorrow, we shall start our practice.”

 

“Wh-what?” Wait a second. Wait a second. Bomi stuttered.

 

“Why? Do you have any other plans? Or perhaps you’ll be busy working at that cupcake shop?”

 

Snap. She got me right there. This senior knows how to play her game.

 

“I know that everything is probably shocking to you right now. But I’m going to ensure that you’ll get good grades. But that would only happen if you’re willing to help me out with this project."

 

"And I’ll pay you, if I have to.” Chorong continued.

 

Disgusting. If she thinks she could buy everything with money, then she is totally wrong. Bomi couldn't contain her annoyance anymore. She felt as if she needed to say something. She needed to stand up for herself.

 

“But… I don’t want your money and I don’t want to be-”

 

“So you want to get expel from the college? Trust me; I would have no problems in telling our dean about your secret little job.” Chorong said as she gave a little snort. Park Chorong sure knew how to play against someone’s weaknesses. She did it many times, she was good at it - and she knew it.

 

“Expel?” Bomi muttered under her breath. That was literally the last thing she wanted. As she found herself at loss for words, all she was able to do was to agree – whether she liked it or not.

 

 

A/N: The longest update so far...! This would probably be my last update for this week. As I've said in my previous notes, I will be quite busy next week. Probably won't have time to update. But until then, do enjoy this one until the next update comes :)