Closer and Comfortable

Heart Skips A Beat

 

"Where am I?" Bomi murmured under her breath as soon as she opened her eyes. She rubbed her eyes, slowly got up, but then she realized that she woke up in an unfamiliar place. She was not on her bed - let alone at her dormitory bedroom. She glanced at her surroundings and saw Park Chorong on the side of the bed, sitting on a chair, while her head was resting on top of the bed. She was still asleep. Has Park Chorong been here all night?

 

Bomi tried to reach her hands and gave her a slight nudge on her left arm. The nudge awakened Chorong from her sleep as she slowly held her head up. Chorong yawned and rubbed her eyes. 

 

"Hey. Good morning." Chorong greeted her with a smile. "You're finally awake."

 

"Umm- Unnie, where am I?" Bomi asked as her forehead creased.

 

"You're in my bedroom."

 

"H-huh? But how?" She asked again. There were too many questions running in Bomi's mind.

 

"Don't you remember?" This time Chorong asked. 

 

Bomi only shook her head. The last thing that she remembered was the blurry image of her crying in a corner - and nothing else. She recalled the musical performance, she remembered going there with Chorong and her friends - and she remembered how she saw Choi Minhwan with his girlfriend for the first time. But everything else? She couldn't recall. 

 

Flashback

 

That night Chorong let Bomi cried in her arms - for a moment that somehow felt forever to Chorong. She wasn't used to see this weak side of Yoon Bomi. Her tears and sobbing were all too alien for Park Chorong. In her entire life, she had never bothered to comfort someone when they cried - as she thought that she was too cold to do so. She wasn't able to comfort her own heart, let alone, trying to fix someone else's emotions. But perhaps it was because Yoon Bomi, Chorong did everything that she could. 

 

She called her driver, Hyunshik to fetch them. While they were waiting, Chorong let Bomi to rest her head on her shoulder. Chorong could perfectly hear the loud sound coming from the threatre, but all her heart could feel was numbness. The pair was sitting together in a corner accompanied by the beautiful sound of silence. 

 

"Unnie?" Bomi broke the silence.

 

"Have you ever loved someone so much that no matter how much they hurt you, you would still love them with all your heart?" 

 

Chorong could feel Bomi's tears dripping on her shoulder as she was asking the question. Again - Chorong did not say a word. She didn't expect Bomi to want an answer too. She knew that what all girls want was someone who could listen attentively to them and to listen to every words that they say - even if the topic was boring or meaningless. 

 

She wanted to bring Bomi back to her dorm, but she couldn't find her dorm's keys and she refused to wake Bomi up from her sleep, who seemed to had fallen asleep in her car while they were on their back. Chorong thought that it would be a better idea to take Bomi back to her home - at least, she could be the one who would look after her and be there when she woke up. 

 

The whole night, Chorong stayed awake. For a few times, Bomi would be sleep-talking as she would ask for her mom and dad, in her sleep. There were a couple of times where Chorong saw a few teardrops rolled down on Bomi's cheeks and she would wipe it away with her fingers. And she would also hear Bomi slipped out a guy's name, Minhwan.

 

Chorong's heart wrenched a little. Is Minhwan the guy who made her cry like this? Her curiousity and jealousy both struck at the same time. But Chorong knew that she was in no position to feel that way. Yoon Bomi was just a junior to her. 

 

Flashback ended

 

"You really don't remember?" Chorong asked again as she shot a serious glance at Bomi.

 

Again, Bomi only shook her head. 

 

Chorong chuckled a little. "Well, it's a pretty long story." She shrugged. For some reasons, Chorong wanted to keep the last night's incident all to herself. She knew that Bomi would feel embarrassed if she had found that she had cried on the senior's shoulder and that Chorong had listened to her sobbing all night long. Chorong didn't want things to become awkward between them. She liked the way they were now. 

 

"So, do you want breakfast in bed? Or at the dining room?

 

----

 

The idea of having breakfast in bed was a little weird to Bomi. So, instead, she helped herself up from the bed and followed Park Chorong to her dining room. It was Bomi's first time in the dining room and she was completely mesmerized with the neatness and how spacious the room was, with all the wooden antiques on the walls. She saw a few family pictures of Park Chorong on the desk and went over to take a closer look. There was a picture of her with a guy that Bomi assumed was her father, and she saw another picture of Chorong with an older, beautiful lady, someone who was likely to be her mother. But weird enough, Chorong did not seem to have a single picture of her being with both of her parents.

 

She shrugged the thoughts off when she realized that Chorong grabbed her wrist and pulled her down on a seat. A lady who looked a little over her middle-aged soon came with trays on her hands. As she put each of the dishes down, Bomi could only gulped down her appetite as her eyes sparkles at the sight of the delicious foods in front of her. She was ready to attack the foods anytime soon and not caring if whether Chorong was staring at her or not. 

 

As Bomi had already planned, she took a large spoon of every dishes and shoved it in to satisfy her hunger. She had full, but her hands were already busy picking out pieces of fried chicken. Chorong could only look in awe as she shook her head vigorously. This girl turns into a monster in front of food.

 

"Yah! You better eat slowly before you choke yourself with that chicken." She warned Bomi but Bomi was too immersed with her appetite that her ears were completely blocked to the surroundings. 

 

Chorong was only eyeing for a single dish, her favourite ever dish, the chicken's feet. She had a bowl of chicken's feet in front of her and she took a bite, two bites and before Bomi could even take a little taste of it, Chorong had completely finished the dish all by herself. 

 

"Ahh-unnie! I haven't try that one yet!" Bomi muttered with still full. 

 

"Yah! This one is my mine. You have like 8 other dishes for you." She replied with a chuckle. Chorong seemed to be in a rather cheerful mood that day. She was enjoying the breakfast time with Bomi.

 

"Shoot!" Bomi suddenly shrieked causing Chorong to startle a bit. "I have lectures with Professor Choi today!! Ahh-unnie, I'm so dead!! I need to go there now!!"

 

Bomi's sudden squeak caused Chorong to laugh. Her face expression was too priceless. "Don't worry about that. I've got it all settled." Chorong replied calmly. 

 

"But how?"

 

"I've told him that you're sick and you need a day off. And he said OK." Chorong said with a straight face. One of Chorong's many charms was the fact that she was calm and she was good at hiding her emotions. 

 

"But I'm not sick?" Bomi frowned a little.

 

"We could pretend. Like I've told you, I've settled everything. No worries."

 

A thing settled but then the thoughts of Eunji shot at Bomi's mind. "Does Eunji know I'm here?" Since Bomi left the musical performance rather drastically, her bestfriend might had wanted some explanations from her. 

 

"I've called her last night." She said while playing with her spoon. She continued. "She was a bit worried about you at first, but I've told her that everything was OK."

 

Things were not that okay to be honest. You cried the whole night, how was that an okay?

 

"Umm- but unnie, what did I really do last night anyways?" She was asking - with not so much interest. Her interest was still with the foods. She was still busy eating. 

 

"That's not a thing to be worried about. The only thing you have to think about now is our dance practice. Since you're here, you're going to have a long day of practice. Now stop eating and get yourself ready."

 

 

 

A/N: Update! Update! Update! I seriously love it when I get more times like this to write. I'm on my semester's break, which explains why I've been actively updating :) Hope you guys like the story so far. And btw, the plots might come to an end soon, after a few more chapters? But I'm still not sure though. Let's just see where would my ideas take me to :)