A History

Heart Skips A Beat

 

 

It was the day after the incident. It was noon and Bomi’s two hours long of a tedious lecture had finally come to an end. She was supposed to be pleased that it ended, but as for today, she didn’t feel the same way. She dreaded it. She knew that the moment she stepped out from the lecture room, she would get herself into a sticky situation.

 

Almost like a déjà vu, her mind wandered away.

 

Flashback

 

It was the day of the juniors’ musical performance. Bomi was glad that she was chosen to work behind the scenes, as she dreaded performing and being on the stage.

 

But little that she knew, everything completely got out of her hands.

 

Being a freshman junior in the Cube Art Academy, Bomi didn’t have any position or power to say anything. Whatever the seniors said or asked her to do, Bomi was obligated to do so. It was a hierarchical thing that existed in almost every academy. There would always be a silent rule, stating that a junior should always compel to their seniors’ requests.

 

As innocent and as naïve as Bomi was, she kept the rule, only to get herself in trouble.

 

“Hey. You, over there. Come here,” said a male senior with a serious looking face. His body was muscular, but he was a little short.

 

“Y-yes?” Bomi replied with a stutter. She got up from her chair and quickly rushed her steps towards the senior.

 

“Do you have any talents? Singing? Dancing? Impersonating? You got to make yourself useful here, or you’ll probably be kicked out from the team.” The senior said, which somehow felt like a threat to Bomi.

 

“I’m… I can… I can do a gorilla imitation…”

 

“A GORILLA…??!” The senior’s eyes widen, in shock. He burst into a big laughter, causing the other students to shift their attention towards them.

 

“I want to see the gorilla imitation.” He said with a straight face, crossing his muscular, veiny arms.

 

Shoot! I’m in trouble~ Bomi said to herself. She scratched her head, thinking to herself, how embarrassing would it be for her to do that in front of a group of strangers! Yes, strangers. Bomi did not have many friends. She looked at the senior who had been anticipating anxiously with a smirk, which almost felt like the senior was looking down at her.

 

So, she gathered her strength and courage. She took a deep breath and slowly moved to the corner of the stage. All eyes were on her now, anticipating. Some even took out their hand phones, putting it into the video mode, wanting to record the so-called-epic imitation. As far as the academy’s history went, none of the students had ever pulled off successful animal imitations, what even a Gorilla. This would be epic.

 

Then. Bomi dashed forward like a mad gorilla. A mad gorilla.

 

And the next thing that Bomi knew, the theatre hall was filled with a complete, hysterical burst of laughter. The male senior was already down at the floor, laughing like a maniac as the other students held their stomach, about to die from laughing. As the students continued on cheering Bomi, she could hear some of the students already calling her a gorilla. A gorilla girl.

 

The humiliation didn’t end there. With that, Bomi was instructed to make a special appearance during the musical performance, only to find that her role was a gorilla. A gorilla on the loose. Bomi even had to wear a gorilla costume to make it even more real.

 

As expected, the musical performance was a hit, but the highlight of the news belonged to none other than the gorilla girl, herself, Bomi. Ever since then, she was called the gorilla girl. No one ever knew her as Yoon Bomi, anymore. It was always the gorilla girl. The mocking, jeering and calling her a gorilla lasted almost six months before it went away – at least for a period. But with the yesterday’s incident, with the Park Chorong thingy, Bomi could only pray that the history won’t repeat itself.

 

Flashback ended

 

Bomi gathered her courage. She held her head up high as she walked along the hallway, which was crowded with tons of students, here and there, in each corner of the hallway. Bomi could hear some whisperings coming from the students, as some of the guys let out an intentional gorilla’s voice, making fun of her. These people are so childish.

 

“That’s the gorilla girl.”

 

“Yah! How dare she do that to Park Chorong! This gorilla girl-”

 

As they continued to , Bomi kept her head up and mentally close her ears, not wanting to hear anymore of the rubbish. She made her mind that these fellow low people won’t bring her down. She made through the fuss and jeer last year, she would be capable enough to make it this year too. She continued to walk along the hallway, until she saw a familiar figure, right at the end of the hallway. Bomi’s lip curve into a smile as she waved back at the figure.

 

“Yah! Yoon Bomi! Let’s go to eat!” yelled Eunji, waving her hands cheerfully at her friend. If there was ever a person that Bomi knew she could rely to, it was always going to be Jung Eunji. The one and only friend she had in Cube Art Academy. 

 

 

A/N: 3 chapters updated in a day! I hope you like it so far :) I know my story is about ChoMi, but I'll be putting some EunMi moments too, since I know that EunMi's pairing is rather popular too~