Dancing On My Own

Heart Skips A Beat

 

 

8.12 p.m. Bomi found herself at the theatre hall where she had her musical performance last year. The place where she had created the Gorilla girl history for herself. It has been a while since she went there. She hopped up onto the stage, glanced around the rather large hall and took a seat on the floor, right in the middle of the stage.

 

Her biggest dream was to perform on the stage. Doing what she liked to do – living the dream that she wanted to live.

 

But all of that was shattered. Much thanks to the Gorilla girl. No one would ever look at her seriously anymore.

 

ARGHHH! She yelled loudly inside the hall. She was able to do so as she knew that no one would have heard her. Being all-so-familiar to the place, the people and the condition, Bomi knew that the college would be empty after 6 p.m. Most of the students would already went back to their dormitory, not to be bothered with anything in regards of the college anymore. But Bomi – she was different. Cube Art Academy was her dream college that she had been longing to attend. As much as she hated the students, but she had always loved the place. It was a place for her to reach for her dreams.

 

Bomi spread herself on the stage, lying comfortably on the floor’s stage. She had been thinking too much these past few days. One in particular, was regarding the senior, Park Chorong.

 

A few days after the incident at Bubibu’s, Bomi was almost certain that the news about her working there would spread wildly in the college. In fact, if the worst case scenario had happened, Bomi was ready to be called upon to see the dean, to explain her standings and she was ready to fight to stay in the college – if she was ever going to be expelled from the college.

 

But, contrary to all of her worst expectations – that all didn’t happen. At least, not in this week. She felt weird, restless but glad at the same time. So, Park Chorong actually didn’t blow up my secret?

 

Not that Bomi expected the senior to hold on a grudge on her or something after the crashing incident, but the fact that Park Chorong didn’t say anything about it amazed her. After all, Park Chorong’s father was a friend of Yang Hyun Suk, the head of all the deans of the Cube Art Academy itself.  

 

Bomi let out a big sigh. How bad of a person she was to deserve all of these problems? Her grades, her scholarships, her part-time job and adding to all of that mess – she was literally in the danger of being expelled from the college.

 

That night, Bomi wasn’t alone.

 

“Hyunsik-oppa, can you wait for a while. I’ll be back soon,” said Chorong to the driver, who was in her late twenties. Chorong had her driver to take her all the way from her house to the college, when she realized that she was missing one of her books. Because the book was so important to Chorong, she didn’t have a second thought about her decision to head to the college.  

 

Did I leave it at the lecture room? Or was it at vocal room? She muttered to herself, anxiously trying to recall the last place she was at. Dashing from one place to another, Chorong frantically searching everywhere for the book as she was about to lose her calm. Her final resolution was to search for it at her locker.

 

“Damn it! It was here the entire time!” she said to herself, feeling annoyed because of her carelessness. A huge part of her was relief, as the book didn’t go missing. She then grabbed the book, holding it tightly into her arms, as she cat walked along the hallway.

 

But I don’t care what they say

I’m in love with you

They try to pull me away but they don’t know the truth

My heart is crippled by the vein that I keep on closing

You cut me open and I-

 

A song was playing.

 

Upon hearing that, Chorong stopped in her tracks. She swore she could hear some music playing, coming from upstairs. Chorong raised her eyebrow. Who in the earth would be in the college at this time around?

 

Chorong followed the music’s trails and found herself standing right in front of the theatre hall’s door. She was certain that the music came from within. The door was not locked and the music was still playing. So, she decided to poke her head into the hall, only to find herself gasping from disbelief, as she saw a figure that had somehow became familiar to her. The figure was dancing to the music. She was dancing to the beat. Yoon Bomi was dancing on the stage.

 

And it’s draining all of me

They find it hard to believe

I’ll be wearing these scars for everyone to see

I don’t care what they say; I’m in love with you

They try to pull me away but they don’t know the truth

My heart is crippled by the vein that I keep on closing-

 

Chorong was in awe as she continued to watch the figure dancing gracefully on stage. Her moves were sharp, she didn’t miss the beat and her choreography was beautiful.

 

She danced with all of her heart. Until the very end of the song.

 

This side of Yoon Bomi. Was amazing.

 

 

A/N: This chapter remarks the real start of ChoMi :) How is it so far? And btw, should I include a love triangle between Eunji-Bomi-Chorong? Do drop some suggestions :)