A Day Out With You

Heart Skips A Beat

 

 

 

Summer was coming soon. It would be the warmest season of the four temperate seasons. It was a season where people would spend most of their time outdoors with their beloved ones. Lotte World? Chorong squinted her eyes under the scorching sun as she glanced around at her busy surroundings. There were glimpse of people everywhere, hollering their excitement as kids were running from one place to another, and couples would walk hand-in-hand, intimately.

 

Chorong was waiting patiently for Bomi, who seemed to be trapped in a rather long queue of line, to purchase their tickets before they could both enter the amusement park. The fact that it was Saturday and it was early in the morning, put Chorong in a little daze. She was dragged here all the way from her house, much thanks to Yoon Bomi, who showed up at her house, disturbing her from her sleep.

 

The older one thought that Bomi would be working at the cupcake shop today, but Bomi told her that she took a day off. Her reason? She wanted to spend a day out with Chorong - just cause. 

 

"Rong-unnie!! I've got the tickets!!" Bomi exclaimed from a distance. She was jumping up and down, as she ran towards the senior, with two tickets in her hands. The sight was rather embarrassing for even Chorong to watch. She noticed how people started to give them weird, awkward stares, particularly towards Bomi who immediately turned into a 10-year-old child, the minute she placed her foot inside the amusement park. 

 

"Let's try this ride! And that ride!" Bomi threw her suggestions non-stop, while pointing to each and every ride that came to her sight. She was too absorbed in her own little world.

 

Meanwhile, Chorong? She wasn't really a big fan of amusement rides. In fact, she was scared of it, but since her ego was too big for her to admit, she decided to swallow down her fear - and pretended to act cool with the whole thing. Chorong didn't mind being dragged by Bomi and plus, she liked what she saw today. Innocent Bomi at her highest level of happiness. 

 

To Chorong, whatever that made Bomi happy, would make her happy too.

 

"Unnie, this chicken burger is so delicious!" Bomi spurted out with full. The pair was having their late lunch, after having uncountable rides in the park. They played some games at the game stalls and won a big, Angry Bird doll - they went for a rollercoaster ride, in which, it got Chorong screaming and nagging at Bomi during the whole ride - and they even went to a haunted house, where Chorong found herself clinging onto Bomi's arms the entire time. Bomi, on the other hand, had so much of fun, giggling and laughing at each of the fake ghosts that they had encountered. 

 

"Yah! Didn't anybody tell you not to talk when your mouth is full?" Chorong nagged at her. She was still a little dizzy after the rollercoaster ride.

 

"I'm only expressing my appreciation for the food!" Bomi retorted back, as she stuck her tongue out at Chorong. 

 

At the sight of that, Chorong could only smile. For as long as they have been 'friends', it was the first time that Bomi had dared to make faces in front of her. 

 

----

 

The day was getting late, but the pair was still enjoying their time at the park. They were walking hand-in-hand, while making their way through the swarming crowds. None of them had realized when did their interlaced fingers had met but what both of them were well aware of - was at the fact that, they both refused to let go. 

 

As they walked through a section, Chorong had her eyes fixed on a 'Hot Air Balloon' ride up in the sky.

 

"Do you want to ride that?" She asked Bomi. It was her first suggestion of the entire day. 

 

Bomi was a little startled, but she was quick to agree. 

 

The 'Hot Air Balloon' ride gave a sky view tour of the entire park. From up there, Chorong and Bomi were able to see every bit of the whole place. The walking humans would look as tiny as ants, and even the huge castles would look like the size of their thumbs. It was almost like they were watching the world from a bird's eye-view. 

 

The two young girls gazed out at the open space, mesmerized and fascinated by the beautiful view of the night. 

 

"I've always liked the view from above." Chorong said, breaking the momentarily silence between them. "When I'm watching from above, everything feels within my reach. I like the idea of that. I sometimes wish that I could see my future."

 

"But isn't that scary? I mean, what if the future is not as bright as we thought it would be?" Bomi asked as she intently observed Chorong, who was still gazing down, admiring the view to every bit of its pieces.

 

"That's the whole point. Being able to see the future gives you the power to guard your feelings. Not being able to predict makes you a vulnerable person, and when you're vulnerable, you'll get hurt eventually."

 

Bomi couldn't exactly understand what Chorong intended to say, but she was listening. 

 

"I've been here once - with both of my parents and we were happy, I was happy. Like what a happy family would do, we tried every ride in the park, we would take pictures and we would laugh - even at the silliest things. But then, they got their divorced."

 

There was a sudden crack in Chorong's voice. Bomi could tell that she was struggling inside.

 

"I hate my dad for not fighting for their marriage and I hate my mom for letting go too easily. In fact, I hate both of them for making my childhood's life, a misery." 

 

For once, Yoon Bomi had finally figured Park Chorong. She wasn't a living princess with a perfect life, after all. She was just as vulnerable as Bomi, or even more so. The more and more Bomi looked at her, the faster her heartbeat and little that she realized she was about to fall hard for Park Chorong.

 

----

 

"Thank you for a good day out." Bomi said as she reached the front of her dormitory's door. Chorong had walked Bomi all the way from her car to the inside of the college's dormitory. It was her first time doing so. 

 

"No, I should thank you. You're the one who brought me out, remember?" Chorong replied as she grinned a little. There was a moment of awkward silence, when both of them paused at their own thoughts - not knowing what to say next. 

 

"Well, I guess, you better get going now. It's getting late."

 

"I shall leave the moment you step inside your room and close the door."

 

"Okay then sunbae! Goodnight-" 

 

Eyes wide opened, the heart thumped rapidly as time felt like it stopped. Bomi found her lips was sealed with a sudden kiss from the older one. A gentle pressure was placed lightly on her lips, engulfing Bomi with a strange sensation over her entire body. She felt her knees went weak with a desire to kiss Chorong back - and so she did. Their first kiss lasted for quite a while before they both pulled away gasping for air with a slight reddened cheek on each other's faces. 

 

"Goodnight Yoon Bomi." Chorong said before she finally went off. Bomi stood in front of her door, watching the senior left as her figure vanished into the long, dormitory hallway. She giggled by herself, twirling and dancing at the quite hallway. Once she got her composure back, she then decided to enter her room. 

 

The moment Bomi stepped inside her room, she saw Eunji sitting on the edge of her bed, with a worried expression on her face. What's the fuss, she quietly tried to read her friend's expression. Eunji stood up and slowly walked towards Bomi. 

 

"Bbom-ah..." Eunji stuttered as she placed both of her hands on Bomi's shoulders. Bomi looked at her in confusion. 

 

"You're going to get expelled."