A Heartbreak

Heart Skips A Beat

 

The day of Eunji's musical performance had arrived but Bomi was still contemplating whether to go or not. She had promised Eunji that she would be there, but at the same time, after the whole Choi Minhwan's incident last night at the library, Bomi didn't think that she would have the courage to face him anymore. Her heart was too fragile - and she was scared that if she met him again - she would do something as crazy as confessing her feelings to him before it's too late or perhaps not.

 

She wasn't exactly sure if he really had a girlfriend, but just the thoughts of it, killed her so many times. She hated the fact that the girl was not her, she hated Minhwan for not realizing of how much she liked him and she hated herself for liking him - for so long. Despite all the hatings, half of her heart - still desperately wanted to see him. 

 

The sound of her phone vibrating with a message awakened her from her thoughts. She flipped open her phone and saw that the message was from none other than Park Chorong. The senior had been starting texting her rather frequently these days. Chorong had even sent her a good night text for about two nights in a row.

 

Are you going to the musical?

 

Yeap. You?

 

I'm going too. Need a ride?

 

I can go there by foot. No worries.

 

You're not allowed to. I'll come and fetch you. I don't accept a NO.

 

Ok then, if you said so. What time?

 

At 7. Don't be late.

 

OK.

 

Bomi would always end their messages with an OK. As far as she recalled, their messages had never lasted anymore than 5 or 6 messages and their topics were always regarding "where are you?", "don't be late for practice" and most recently, the "goodnight" text. They never really had meaningful topics to talk about to and sometimes Bomi wondered, why did Park Chorong had given her the phone if she would not used it as frequent as she should. Bomi thought that it was an utter worthless waste of money.

 

The idea of dressing up never really fascinated Bomi in the first place. She enjoyed seeing people in beautiful dresses and neat tuxedos, but  Bomi was the kind of girl who preferred wearing something casual and comfortable. The fact that she had to dress up to the musical performance to match the dressing codes had annoyed her in so many ways.

 

She pulled out a white, sleeveless blouse from her closet and matched it up with the black pencil skirt with white polka dots that Eunji had lent to Bomi. She was hoping that the outfit would be fancy enough for the event.

 

-----

 

Park Chorong had been anxiously waiting inside her car. She had promised Bomi that she would be here at 7 o'clock at night, but she came earlier than she had planned. She was 10 minutes earlier. 

 

"Chorongie, you look nervous?" The young driver, Hyunshik-oppa asked. 

 

"Umm, I'm not. I'm just a little excited for the performance." Chorong tried to reply with a straight face, hiding her nervousness. The truth was, she was indeed nervous to meet the girl who made her heart fluttered a few days ago.

 

"The performance or that girl walking right out there?" He , while pointing out at Bomi, who was making her way towards the car. Chorong's eyes begun to widen with astonishment as she could not take her eyes away from what she saw. The way Bomi walked elegantly with her heels, the way her hair flowing in the wind and the way she smiled effortlessly were more than enough to put Chorong in awe. Her heart started to thump faster. 

 

"Am I late?" Bomi asked as soon as she got into the car. Chorong pretended to look elsewhere, "Nope," she said casually. 

 

"We came too early, right Chorongie?" Hyunshik again, with a smirk on his face. This time, Chorong rolled her eyes and signalled him to drive off. 

 

----

 

Son Naeun and Hong Yookyung were waiting for Chorong and Bomi at the entrance. The couple looked at each other with their eyes wide opened as they saw Chorong and Bomi strutted their way across the hallway. They knew beforehand that Chorong was going to the musical performance with Bomi, but what they didn't expect was how elegant and beautiful did Bomi look that night.

 

"Hey." The couple greeted Chorong and Bomi.

 

"Hello Naeun-sunbae, hello Yookyung-sunbae." Bomi greeted them back with a slight bow. Sneakily, Naeun gave Chorong a wink and two thumbs up. Chorong only returned it with a smile. 

 

As the two couples set their foot into the rather big threatre hall, all eyes were on them, watching their every steps, gestures and movements. Bomi felt uncomfortable with the intense stares and flaring glares coming from the audiences. She was aware of the bad publicity that she was getting herself into by showing up to the event with the three famous girls of Cube Art Academy, but for some reasons, she wanted not to care.

 

Noticing on how Bomi looked flustered with all the attention, Chorong grabbed Bomi's hands in hers and held it tightly to comfort her. 

 

Huh? Bomi was stun with the senior's sudden action. She felt her heart raced a little. 

 

"Let's just pretend." Chorong simply said as she led Bomi to the front rows of seating. Chorong was sitting in between Bomi and Naeun, with Yookyung sitting next to Naeun. The pair let go of their entwined hands rather awkwardly as silence fell into them. 

 

From their seatings, Bomi tried to look for Minhwan's presence. She looked over from one corner of the seatings to another, observing any possible signs of Choi Minhwan. Just when she was about to give up, a familiar figure strutted his way into the hall with a beautiful lady on his side. They were walking hands in hands, with smiles on their faces, too absorbed with their own happiness that they ignored their surroundings. 

 

Is that Choi Minhwan and his girlfriend?

 

Bomi watched them from afar as she felt her heart sank deeper and deeper. 

 

During the entire performance, Bomi wasn't able to concentrate. She saw Eunji singing on stage, she saw her acting and she remembered to wave at Eunji when she waved her, but in all honesty, her mind was not there. All Bomi could see was the couple's presence and nothing else. Bomi saw how Minhwan would put his arms around her, how he would kiss her on her forehead and how she would lay her head comfortably on his shoulder. She envied the lucky girl who got to be her first love's girlfriend, she despised their happiness so much that it made her wanted to throw up, she hated his girlfriend for no reasons and she wanted to slap Minhwan on his face for making her fall for him when he was not going to catch her. 

 

Most of all, she felt stupid for having a heartbreak for someone who was not even hers in the first place. She held her pain in a tight fist, refuse to let the tears to win over her. But she felt as if she couldn't fight it any longer. She needed to go away from the place. 

 

So - Bomi walked away. And left Chorong in confusion. 

 

----

 

At one end of a corner, Bomi hid herself. She curled herself into a ball as she tried to cover from sobbing. Her tears had profusely running down and she wasn't able to stop it. For once in her life, she'd let all of her walls down. All she wanted to do was to cry all night and not to care about anything. She never knew that loving someone could cause her such a pain - and if she had knew it in the first place, she would choose not to fall for him - and not to love Choi Minhwan. 

 

"Bomi-ah!" Bomi heard her name was being called. But she was too weak to respond. 

 

"Yah! Yoon Bomi!" Again, she heard someone yelled for her. The voice was getting nearer and nearer.

 

"Bb- bomi?" Park Chorong murmured as she saw Bomi hiding in the corner. She was still crying and although Chorong couldn't understand why, her heart ached at the sight of Bomi's crying. 

 

"Wh-what happened?" She gently asked Bomi. Bomi looked up and she saw Chorong kneeling down, levelling her face to Bomi's position. Chorong was genuinely concerned. She was bewildered, confused and worried. This was the first time she had seen Bomi as weak as this - and she did not know how or what to feel. 

 

"Unnie? I..." 

 

A habit of Chorong, she did not let Bomi to finish her words. She pulled Bomi tightly into her hug, with no words spoken, as she hugged her closer and closer. 

 

That night, she let Bomi cried in her arms. 

 

 

 

A/N: What a dramatic chapter! Pheww~ Probably the hardest chapter to write so far >_<. Yeaahh, so here you go readers. Two chapters updated in a day! I don't even know how I'm able to do this. Thanks to my free times, I guess~ Btw, I would love to read some of your comments :)