Lunar New Year

Yunho's other little sister

''Kyeopta!!! You looked so adorable in your hanbok'' Jihye exclaimed, taking my hand to make me turn. ''You too, you are very pretty in your hanbok'' I respond smiling. It's the Lunar New Year, one of the most significant traditional Korean holidays. We're celenrating with our family by doing a memorial service to our ancestors. Yunho entered the room, smiling widely. He was so handsome in these traditional clothes. ''The two of you looked so beautiful'' He said hugging us. ''Same as you'' Jihye and I exclaimed at the same time, before laughing. ''So, you're ready? We should go downstairs''. ''Wait, I need to take a picture'' jihye said, taking her cellphone. ''Oh! Nadoh'' I respond taking mine. Yunho imitate us and we did pictures of us together for each cellphone. After that, the three of us slowly went downstairs and entered the living room. Umma, appa, auntie and uncle were here when we arrived in front of them. ''Saehae Bok Mani Badeuseyo'' we said while doing the formal bow of respect to them, as a New Year's greeting. They gave us new year's money before we went to  eat rice cake soup in the dining room. My parents looked so cute, looking at each other while smiling. We talked about a lot of things like what was coming for each one us in 2014, school, work, etc.. ''Some news came out for this year'' Appa said. ''Good ones or bad ones?'' I asked him. ''It depends'' He said looking at me. ''I heard that the Kim family are moving in Korea in a few days. They already bought their houses since the debut of January''. I sighed loudly, why is Chanmi coming here? ''Minsung ah, I know that between you & Chanmi, everything wasn't looking so good'' Uncle started. ''Hmm'' I nodded. ''But, I want you to make an effort this time. She's coming here without a friend around her'' he continued. ''I know'' I said lowering my head. ''I don't know, maybe you could introduce herself to your friends at the dance room'' Auntie said. I raised my head quickly and shook it, not interested into introducing her to my friends. ''Minsung'' Umma said looking at me. ''Arasso.....I will try'' I responded. Appa looked at me with serious eyes. ''Arasso, I will do it for real'' I said. ''I also have some news to reveal'' Jihye suddenly said. ''Umma & Appa already know it, but not you'' She said looking at the four of us. We were looking at her curiously. ''I'm dating someone'' She said with a shy smile. I went to put aside the problems with Chanmi and smiled widely and hugged her happily while my aunt & uncle were looking happy for her. Yunho was still trying to digest that news, he looks so bewildered. For a moment, I thought about him. That protective brother who is just learning that her little sister is dating someone and that a lot of questions are appearing immediately in his mind. He always wanted to meet the guy before to make an agreement. Oppa just didn't say a word, he stayed quiet.  We went to hold a memorial service for our deceased ones and after that, we bowed to the neighbours. Family members came to celebrate with us. After greeting everyone, I saw my brother talking to Jihye. ''I'm dead'' she mouthed to me. ''Good luck'' I mouthed before she went upstairs. Jihye and I went to her bedroom. She closed her door to not let someone to hear us. ''It's been a long time since that...'' I said, not finishing my sentence. ''Yes, since the begining of November''. ''And you didn't prevent me'' I was mad to discover it just today. ''I wanted to wait a little bit'' she responded. I took a chair and sat in front of her. ''You could have call me or leave me a message on my phone'' I looked at her. ''I thought that it would have been better to talk about it in person with you'' she said looking at me. ''I have to admit that you're right''. ''By the way, the parents already met him?' I asked her'. ''Yes, and they really love Jinwoon'' she respond smiling shyly. Just saying his name, she's reacting like that. I can see that he's making her happy, just looking at her smile. I just need to see if he really deserve my dongsaeng, I should met him, to konw if he takes care od her very well. ''I know that look of yours'' she suddenly exclaimed. ''Oppa, he's not a bad guy, arasso ! '' she said. ''I just need to meet him too'' I respond. ''You've been busy lately and that will remain like that for a while. I don't know when will you get the chance to meet him'' she respond. I went to sit on the bed, next to her. ''That's why that I will worry more about yourself, because of the fact that I'm not here quite often'' I sighed before hugging her. ''You should not worry about me'' she said. ''I know, but with what that happened to our little sister last year, I'm feeling more affraid than usually for you two'' I respond. ''Yeah, I notice it. But oppa, he's never going to hurt me'' she exclaimed. I lowered my head to meet her eyes. ''Are you sure?'' I asked seriously. ''Yes, oppa'' she respnd, laughing. I raised my head, hugging her tightly. ''I love you my protective oppa'' she said. ''Me too, my giant dongsaeng'' I respond, before she hit me to complain. A large smile appeared on my face. We broke our hug a few minutes later. It was great having a little moment with her. I'm feeling sorry towards her because she can't get to see me often. ''Finally, you're here!!!'' Minsung exclaimed when we went downstairs. ''We're going to do family pictures'' she explained as we followed her to the living room, where everyone was. She sat at the front on the floor, beside some cousins around her age. Jihye's position was in the middle with the women. I was put at back, standing next to the men. ''Are you reday?'' One of my cousin exclaimed. ''Ne!!!'' We all shouted. He touched the button before going quickly to his place. A few seconds later, the big camera started to take pictures of us. When it stopped, he took the camera. Some were standing around him to see the pictures. When I got to see it, I laughed. After a few ones, the childrens changed their expressions to funny ones. It was funny to look from the olders serious faces or just smiley faces to their faces. Minsung was also a part of them, changing expressions on each funny's pictures. Jihye and I looked at her smiling. ''What?'' she said, acting like she did nothing. It was the night when everyone left the house. I was going to sleep when I heard voices. I went to see Minsung's room. Even if she's just here rarely because of school, her bedroom still looked not empty. ''She's in Jihye's room'' I said walking quietly to there. I slowly open the door and saw them on the bed, looking at the ceiling. They were talking with each other, whispering to not wake up the others. I knocked on the door and they looked at me. ''You should go sleep, it's getting late'' I said entering the room. ''You should get  plenty of sleep'' I continued. Minsung looked at me with one eyebrow raised . ''Yahhh, I know that I should be the one but still'' I said laughing. She smiled before squeezing Jihye's hand. ''Goodnight unnie'' she get up from the bed. Jihye said goodnight to both of us before I closed her door. She entered her room and went in her bed. ''Goodnight oppa'' she waved her hand. ''Goodnight'' I respond before closing her door.