Of Orange Juice and Warm Hugs

Love Trauma

 

Yong Hwa’s POV

I really couldn’t believe Halmeoni made us sleep here together. Doesn’t she think that this might create rumors or scandals? But then, she has a point. Our maids here wouldn’t dare to do that or else they will lose their jobs, and as grownups, Shin Hye and I have our own minds to know what to do and what not to do, which I think Halmeoni will prefer if we will do the latter.

There was an awkward silence while we sit on the edge of the bed, our backs facing each other. When I turned around to check on her, she did the same.

“Sooooo…”

“Sooo… what are we gonna do now?”

I glanced at my flat screen and then at the DVD rack. An idea occurred to me.

“Oh I know!”

I went to the rack and browse some movies I haven’t watched yet. In fact, you can just count it in one hand how many I only have came across because most of the time, I just review my study cases even while I’m on a vacation here. This is actually the first time that I didn’t let myself to be bothered by piles of paper. I’ve just watched like…2 or 3?

I sat on the floor with five DVDs I have chosen. She sat beside me and checked it too. Her eyes widened realizing that all of them were horror movies.

“Yong Hwa, are you sure with this? We can just…do other things aside from this. I’m not used to it… I’m scared.”

“Oh c’mon Shin Hye-ya! It’s been a long time since I last did this. I missed doing it. It’s a form of a stress-reliever to me.”

“But…”

 “You promised me! Just trust me, arasseo?”

Before she could protest, I already cut her in about her making a promise that she will do anything I want. I know I’m quite cruel that I used it against her will but… watching these movies won’t do anything harm to her so it’s no big deal. Realizing she had no choice, she just let out a sigh of defeat.

“Arasseo…”

I put in “Insidious” on the DVD player first. I jumped on my bed with my back leaning on the pillows. I signalled her to sit beside me. I was surprised when she didn’t hesitate to scoot next to me and even held one pillow which she hugged really tight. When it started to play, a child popped on the screen with an evil glare.

“Yong Hwaaaa!!!”

I was shocked too but not as shocked as hers, besides I can’t show her even a single sign of fear.  She must have been scared too much that’s why she dropped her pillow and hugged me really tight. I can truly smell the sweet scent of her shampoo, and her skin was really…soft. It kind of mesmerized me that I only realized I can’t breathe anymore because of her embrace after a matter of seconds.

“Shin Hye-ya! You’re too tight!”

She was startled after realizing her action. She quickly removed her arms from my biceps. I’m quite sure I have seen a blush on her face.

“Mianhae. I just can’t help it. This is your fault! We shouldn’t have done this if you weren’t so persuasive! You deserve it after all!”

She’s right. There goes her jeering mode again. I started this first so I guess I have to bear with it.

“Ara! Let’s just continue…”

On the second thought, I don’t really think I have to bear with it because…I’m quite enjoying it. :)

***

We’ve not spoken a word while watching the movie because we just became so hooked at it I guess. My throat must’ve gone dry so I went to the mini-fridge at the corner to grab some drink. All I found there were three pitchers of my favorite orange juice. I looked at my room for a second to find a glass but I saw nothing. Just thinking about going out of the room, walking down the stairs to the kitchen to get some glass makes me feel lazy so I just drank on the pitcher. I placed it on the lamp table in case she might be thirsty too. And I was right.

“Yong Hwa-ya, I’m thirsty.”

“Here you go!”

I handed her the pitcher without a glass.

“It’s too big!”

“Chincha? You don’t want it?...I thought you’re thirsty. Fine.”

“Ya! Give it to me!”

She gulped the juice for her life as if she was also going to drink the pitcher itself.

“Ya! Are you that thirsty?! Bend your head a little lower. You might choke.”

When she has finally satisfied by knocking back the drink,

“Massisseo! It’s sweet! I want more!”

“Sure. But, this is your last for now. Save some for later. You never know…”

“Just give it to me.”

I stood up and got another pitcher from the fridge then handed it to her.

We’re already on the second half of the movie, and it gets scarier and scarier as secrets unfold. I was watching closely when I heard something… Is it just me or is there someone talking? I glanced at Shin Hye who is intently focused on watching the movie. She can’t be talking to herself. She covers her face with the pillow now and then but still couldn’t afford to miss a scene. There were still those times that she will hold on to my arm, but just real quick. I guess she has become more aware of her actions now. When she was about to drink the pitcher next to her, the one I gave her earlier, she frowned. It must have been empty already. She looked at me and grinned, and I got what she’s trying to say. She must have been thirsty again so I took the last pitcher on the fridge.

As I was about to get back to bed, I remembered the noise earlier so I walked towards the door to check if someone might actually be manning at us, and I’m pretty sure it’s Halmeoni. I was about to turn the knob when she suddenly shouted,

“Yong Hwa!”

“Wait! You’re such in a hurry!”

“Faster!”

“Wait for me!...Can’t we pause it for awhile?”

“Aniyo! We’re gonna lose the momentum!”

I’m tired of arguing with her anymore so I surrendered.

“Fine! I’m coming!”

Just as when I came back to watch,

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!” We both screamed at the top of our lungs.

***

I felt something heavy on my waist. I had my eyes blinking slowly. I must have slept while watching the the second movie, One Missed Call. I glanced at the desk clock. 2 am. After a few seconds, I can feel an arm over me, cuddling me tenderly. It was really a warm embrace. She scooted a little closer and I felt her head leaning on my back. I can imagine myself as a tree trunk while Shin Hye is the koala. I smiled at the thought then I was about to close my eyes again. Wait… Shin Hye? Shin Hye! I suddenly remembered it was Shin Hye—she’s a woman who barely knew me!

I slowly removed her arm from her embrace and her thigh on my waist. I stood up to get some pillows and a blanket so that I will just sleep on the floor, only to find out that there is only one blanket here. Fine. I’ll just sleep on the floor without the blanket.

All the pillows were all over Shin Hye. She used it earlier to cover her while watching the movie. As I was about to get one, she held it tighter to an embrace. I had another attempt but then she pulled my hand which let me fall back to the bed and made me hug her all the while.

“If her unconscious mind wants us to stay like this for the rest of the night, fine. So be it.” I smirked at myself as I pulled her closer to hug her more. She did the same. The night was warmer than ever.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annyeong chingus! So, it's not really y after all! :)) Yay! I updated sooner again! It's because I just finished taking my three-hour bloodshed exam in Mathematical Economics. It was really hard solving all those equations, matrices and all! Gosh. Still got one more exam left in Monetary Economics which will be divided in two parts. The first part will be taken on Friday and the other half will be on Wednesday next week. Why does it seem to me that my exams are endless?! Sheeez. But anyway, enough of the rant. I hope you enjoyed this chapter chingus! Thank you for your continued support! ^_^ Comments, anyone? :)