What happened?

Love Trauma

 

Yong Hwa’s POV

Happy, worry-free vacation days passed but it seems that it all happened in just a blink of an eye. And now, we are having our things packed and being hesitantly ready to go back to reality—a stressed, busy life stuffed with lots of papers, usually about case studies.

I looked at her as she stares with amazement at the overlooking view of the sea on my room’s small veranda. I wonder if she’s ready enough to face her situation back in Seoul. What will happen to her, to us? I don’t even know if there exists ‘us’. I heavily sighed at this uncertainty, heavy enough for her to look back at me.

“Is there something wrong?”

“You.”

Her eyes widened with bewilderment.

“Why?”

“Are you ready to go back?”

She walked towards me then sat beside me on the bed. She let out a sigh as heavy as mine.

“I don’t know. I have no choice but to deal with it.” Her voice was soft but dignified.

“You can stay here a little longer with Halmeoni and Yo Rim if you want. Just go back in Seoul when you’re already ready.”

“Thank you for your concern and offer Yong Hwa, but I’m afraid I would be too much indebted to you that I might not be able to pay you back in the future.”

“You don’t have to pay me back. Who says you have to? I’m doing this…because I care.” I said trying to hide my irritation but my voice raised a little. I don’t get why she thinks of this as a debt.

“I know, Yong Hwa, I know. The point is you and your family have done enough, no—too much for me. I just feel so overwhelmed by all of your kindness.” She said as she rested her right hand on my shoulder.

“I’m just really worried for you and I mean it when I said I will help you forget him.”

I placed my hand on her hand on my shoulder and her knuckles with my thumb.

“I know and I’m very thankful for that. I’m going to be fine. I swear. Besides, I think the times were here helped in pushing my problems in the back of my head…for awhile. But I know I can’t hide forever. I should face it and I think now is the right time for that.”

I saw this coming. Why did I even bother having an argument with her? In the short period of time that we were together, I have fully been aware of Shin Hye’s tenacity, or stubbornness would be the better term for it. Even a lawyer like me could not hold her back. If she has decided on something, it will be really hard for you convincing her to change her mind. All I could do is just to surrender.

“Fine. If you say so.”

***

“I’m going to miss you, Mommy Shin Hye.”

“Me too, Yo Rim. I’m going to miss you.”

I was amazed how Yo Rim hugged Shin Hye tight. It’s only been a few days that we’re here and the two of them have become so close with each other.

“You better take care of her Daddy Yong!”

“Arasseo, little girl.” I said as I carried her one last time before we go and made a ‘salute’ at her.

“You should come back here very soon. Haii… The house is going to be a bit quieter again. I’m going to miss you too.” Halmeoni hugged Shin Hye and me.

“Thank you for accommodating me here, Halmeoni. I had the most wonderful days in my life here in Busan.” Shin Hye said with watery eyes. She can really be emotional at times. Halmeoni let go of me so she could embrace Shin Hye alone and patted her back and whispered something that I wasn’t able to hear. Shin Hye gave her a shy smile after they pulled away from each other.

Halmeoni turned to me and also whispered something.

“Never let her slip away, Yong. She’s one of a kind.”

“Ne, halmeoni.” I hugged her once more and squeezed her before we headed to the car where Woo Young sat on the driver’s seat.

***

Min Hyuk was waiting for us at the arrival area. I could easily see him because he holds a “Jung Yong Hwa” signboard in the air. I can’t believe I’m going back to work tomorrow with this ridiculous guy. Shin Hye followed me from behind as I walked towards him.

“Hyung-ah! Welcome back! I already brought your car. It’s in the parking lot.” He patted my shoulder then leaned closer to whisper,

“Pretty girl you found there, hyung. Nice catch! See, I told you that you will find someone in Busan!”

I shrugged at him. I am not in the mood to entertain his inquisition right now. I’m tired from travelling.

“Shin Hye, this is Min Hyuk my friend and co-worker. Min Hyuk, this is Shin Hye.” They bowed politely at each other. As we head outside the airport, Shin Hye suddenly tapped my shoulder.

“Oh?”

“I’m going now Yong Hwa-ssi. It’s nice meeting you.”

“Wait, what?! You’re going? Where?” My voice went panicking. I couldn’t help it. I never thought about this. I thought she’s still coming with me.

“Uh… I will drop by at my... no, Jong Hyun’s apartment to get some things then I will stay at my best friend’s house.”

“I’ll take you there.” I said as I get a hold of her wrist, preventing her from walking away.

“Let me go.” She said it calmly but coolly. I wasn’t intimidated at all. I even tugged her wrist towards me, bumping to my chest, and hugged her for awhile.

“Let go.”

I only shook my head. I was waiting for her free hand to slap me anywhere on my body but she only held out a sigh.

“Let go… I’ll take the ride with you.”

I slowly removed my grip and she pulled away from me. She headed with me towards my Bentley.

End of POV

***

Shin Hye’s POV

It was an awkward silent trip going to our, I mean, Jong Hyun’s pad. I could sense in my periphery that Yong Hwa is glancing at me every single time but I didn’t mind. I think he is trying to decipher what I’m thinking. Right now, my mind is flooded with lots of thoughts. Am I really ready? What if I see him there? Am I ready to talk to him and face him?

“Eyes on the road, Yong Hwa. We don’t want an accident.”

He let out a laugh. What’s so funny with what I said?

“Anything amusing you?”

“You.”

“Really?” I sounded sarcastic.

“The accident. That’s when I met you.” Yong Hwa smiled at me shortly then went back focusing on the road. I rolled my eyes at him.

 “Over there. You can drop me from here.” I pointed at Yong Hwa so he could park his car across the street. He made a smooth halt and the engine died down.

“You sure with this?” Yong Hwa looks at me with narrowed eyes.

“…yes.” I gaped at him straight into his eyes, reassuring him it’s ok, but my voice betrayed me. It was full of uncertainty.

I stepped outside the car.

“Goodbye, Yong Hwa. I had a great time.” I gave him my utmost genuine smile.

“Til we meet again, Shin Hye.” He smiled back at me. I closed the door of his car and waved earnestly at him as he went away.

As long as his car was out of sight, so was my smile. I stared at the place for a moment. I walked towards the door and looked for the key hidden under the doormat.

I was shocked when I opened it. When I entered the house, I expected it to be dirty and rowdy. Jong Hyun is not the type of person who cleans his stuff. He’s such a mess. My eyes widen when I see that everything is in place, spick and span. As I explore the room, I saw a lady, quite the same age as mine. Oh. I blinked my eyes so as to hide the shock. Is she the housekeeper? I used to be the one cleaning this house. It was my duty as his…partner. Could it be…

“Oh Shin Hye-ssi! Come in.”

How on earth does this girl know me? Who is she? Why is she here? A lot of questions were running inside my head. I could only step my feet on the pad with silence, not sure where to start and how to start asking her.

 “Jong Hyun is just out to buy something. He won’t be long. Do you want a drink?” She offered with a smile. She seemed so at home. And he’s going to be here soon. I swallowed my throat. With this state, I know now, I am not ready to talk to him.

“No, thanks. I…I won’t be long. I will just take my things with me then I’ll leave.” Without waiting for her response, I immediately went to our…his bedroom to gather all my stuff—my clothes, my phone, my pictures, even my toothbrush, and put them all in my pink suitcase I found under the bed as fast as a lightning. I don’t want to see him…yet. When I’m done, I can see her waiting for me outside the room.

“Aren’t you going to wait for him?”

“There is no need. Just tell him I came by.”

“Ok Shin Hye-ssi.”

“And you are?” I couldn’t help it anymore. I should at least know her name.

“Oh I’m sorry I haven’t introduced myself. I am…”

“Hitomi-ah…”

I stood in terror, frozen in my place, as I heard the door opened and heard his voice, husky as ever. . He’s here, and I’m still here. I gasped as I looked at him with shock, reflecting his look of astonishment. He suddenly dropped the bag with French breads that he was holding.

“Shi…Shin Hye?” He was swept by surprise and his tone sounded longing… but immediately shaking his head to shrug it off.

“What are you doing here?!” His eyes suddenly went scrutinizing, with brows furrowed, as if boring holes on my body. He looks at me with disbelief, his arms folded. He regarded me as if I was a menace.

“I’m sorry I barged in. I must have trespassed without even knowing your… girlfriend is here. I’m just here to get my things…” There! I said it with my own mouth, answering the unsaid questions to myself. Obviously, she is! No questions asked.

“Wait!” He hurriedly walked towards me.

 “Shin Hye-ya… Wait!” Jong Hyun’s tone was authoritative but…longing, maybe. He hurriedly walked towards my direction and grabbed my wrist.

“I’m going to leave now…”

“Who says I’m going to hold you back?” I stared at him in horror. Who is this man? He is not being himself! He let go of me of my hand recklessly and held out his hand.

“If you want to leave, go. But give me my keys.”

“Sorry.” My voice was hoarse.

Without second thoughts, I tossed it to his hand, trying to fight back my tears. I don’t want him to see me crying, I don’t want him to regard me as a weakling. I ran outside his pad and saw Yong Hwa’s car across the street. I thought… he left already. How?

“Climb in!” Yong Hwa said as he opened the other door of his car, his window is down.

Without hesitation, I do as I was told. Jong Hyun saw us while leaning on his door and glared at me, at us. Why? I don’t get him.  What happened to him? What happened to my…Jong Hyun? Who is this monster?

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone! As you can see, Jong Hyun is now back in the fic, with a woman named Hitomi. Who is she? What happened to Jong Hyun? I know those are the questions you want to ask me but those inquiries will only be answered as you read til the end.

As for my decision regarding if this fic is going to be mature or not… YES. It will be but not yet. So far, 76 people voted for a YES while 5 readers said NO. I’m sorry for those 5 people. I hope you will still read this.

What do you think of this chap? Comment so I’ll know. :)