He's Not Worth It

Love Trauma

 

Author’s POV

Yong Hwa moved closer to hug Shin Hye but immediately opened his eyes when he felt that the bed was already cold. He sat up in his bed and looked around him.

“Shin Hye…”

He frowned at the thought of her leaving him without saying a word. Suddenly, he heard someone playing a sad melody in the piano. He went to the living room to check who it was. A feeling of relief crossed him. There she was, gracefully playing the piano.

River Flows in You

 

 

(Play this vid while reading. It’s a good music to listen to.)

As he watched her play on the corner, he couldn’t help but feel moved by the melody. It was just too sad and so he came to sit beside her as she finished the song and hugged her tightly.

“Oh Yong! Sorry for waking you up…” She said as she his arm.

“I think… I have fallen for you, Shin Hye-ya…”

He felt her breathing stopped and so he slightly but reluctantly pulled away.

“Yong-ah…”

“I know it’s been just for a while…but I have never felt anything like this…”

“Please…”

“It’s not a question you have to answer, Shin Hye. It’s just… a confession…from here.” He took her hand and brought it close to his heart. She looked at him calmly and let out a sigh.

“I… I feel so comfortable with you… I think I’m also feeling something for you… but I’m not yet sure if it’s love…or just friendship…”

She slightly removed her hand from his chest.

“You see, my life is all ed up right now… I’m still hurting… It’s just so…complicated…”

“Well, everyday is a new chance to change your life…and I’m here to help you.” He held her hand again and caressed her palm with his thumb.

“I know… Thank you for being there for me…” She smiled sincerely at him and he did the same. Their faces are a few inches apart. Yong Hwa was about to close their gap when suddenly, his stomach growled. Shin Hye laughed hard. Instead of getting annoyed, he felt more than satisfied at the sight of her.

“Yeah that’s right. Laugh for me.”

“Ya! Let’s go! I already prepared breakfast for us!”

***

He stepped on the break when Shin Hye pointed to the house.

“Are you sure with this? You can stay at my place as long as you want. I’d be more than happy to wake up beside you everyday.”

“Aniyo…I’m fine. I will be. Thanks to you. Besides, you have work to do…”

“It’s nothing. I’m not busy…”

Suddenly, his phone rang. They looked at each other with amusement.

“See?” She let out a chuckle. “Answer it, Attorney Jung.”

He pouted before answering the phone.

“Ya Min Hyuk! You’re ruining my moment…aish!...arasseo…I’ll be there…”

“So?”

“He needed my signature for some papers… Mianhae Shin Hye-ya…”

“It’s ok. You don’t have to feel sorry. I can manage. Have a nice day at work!”

She then planted a chaste kiss on his cheek and stepped out of the car.

“I will definitely have. Shin Hye-ya, Just pretend you don’t love him. In the end, it’s either he will miss you or you will realize how much you don’t need him. Ciao!” He said with a smile of encouragement before driving away. She just smirked and waved at him as he was out of her sight.

She then pressed the buzzer at the gate. When Eun Jung saw her, she hurriedly went to welcome her and hugged her tight. Shin Hye hugged her back with the same intensity as her. They just missed each other so much.

“Where have you been, huh? I was hell worried for you!”

She then helped Shin Hye brought her things inside the house. They sat on the sofa to continue their discussion.

“I was just on a vacation…to take a rest... I just wanted to forget all these even just for a while… It was too painful and humiliating…”

Eun Jung then started comforting her by her back then pulled away.

“That bastard! It’s his loss! If only he is not my namjachingu’s older brother, I could have broken his teeth! You know me! Nobody messes up with my bestfriend!”

Shin Hye just laughed at Eun Jung who just rolled up her sleeves and acted like a bully.

“Speaking of whom…where is Jung Shin?”

“He’s in Japan right now. He said it was for a very important matter. I actually miss him now…”

“Aww. It’s ok. I’m here….if it’s ok with you if I will stay here for a while…”

“Of course you can! My parents are in abroad, right? It’s just the two of us enjoying this place! By the way… have you met that Jong Hyun ‘the bastard’ already?”

Shin Hye’s jolly expression went to sadness again just by hearing the name of the man who broke her heart and caused her misery.

“I went to his place yesterday…”

“And??”

“I just got my things and left…”

Eun Jung knew she wasn’t telling her the whole thing so she interrogated her.

“You saw him there?...with that…girl?”

Shin Hye was surprised that Eun Jung knew about Hitomi.

“You…know her?”

“No.” She said flatly. “I just bumped into them once in the supermarket but I restrained myself. Tch! I wanted to pull her hair that instant for stealing Jong Hyun away from you…”

“But she seemed nice…”

Eun Jung’s jaw dropped to the floor. She couldn’t believe that her bestfriend can still complement the other girl…

“Looks can be deceiving Shin Hye-ya… Oh well. Let’s just go shopping! My treat of course!”

Shin Hye really wanted to turn down her offer but she knew that Eun Jung is just trying to make her feel better and so she agreed.

“Arasseo.”

“That’s the spirit Shin Hye-ya! Someday, someone will make you realize why it never worked with anyone else… so get your up, get pretty so we can find that someone ASAP!”

They both laughed. Eun Jung can really tell ridiculous things at times, and those were the times that will make Shin Hye happy.

***

“Aish! So many paperworks!” Yong Hwa said as he entered his office and was welcomed by gazillions of papers piled up on his desk. He reckless sat on his chair and ruffled his hair. But then, he suddenly remembered Shin Hye’s words…and kiss on his cheek before he went to work.

I told her I will have a nice day…

He smiled just at the thought of their deep kiss the day before. His radiant smile wasn’t left unnoticed by the nosy Min Hyuk.

“You seemed happy, hyung…” He teased Yong.

“Yes I am…very much.”

“Let me guess… is it because of Shin Hye-ssi?”

He nodded absentmindedly while smiling like an idiot, so unlikely done by a respectable lawyer.

“That’s right, hyung. Search for someone who will make you happy instead of searching for love itself. Sooner or later, that happiness will evolve into love.” Min Hyuk said as he patted his hyung’s shoulder to bring him back to reality.

“Ah love! But the search is over…” He jokingly said. Min Hyuk is now getting uncomfortable of Yong Hwa’s mushy side so he changed the topic.

“By the way, you still hadn’t treated us after winning your last care before you went to Busan! How about later after work?”

“Arasseo! But where?”

“Oh I know a place!” Min Hyuk reassured his colleague.

***

After hours of walking and shopping here and there, they finally went to take a rest at an ice cream shop. They ordered their favorite flavors and sat down on the couches.

“Isn’t this fun? Uhm! Massisseo! Isn’t it delicious, Shin Hye-ya?”

“Ne. Komawo, Eun Jung-ah!” Shin Hye heartily eats her ice cream.

Eun Jung was happy to help her best friend cope after having a broken heart…but that happiness immediately vanished when she saw someone…no, they were actually two.

“That bastard!”

Shin Hye looked where Eun Jung’s eyes are glued and there she saw him again…with her, talking happily with each other when Hitomi caressed her belly and Jong Hyun it too.

“Omo! Don’t tell me…she’s pregnant!”

Shin Hye’s eyes are almost ready to let out tears when Eun Jung looked to see her reaction. She couldn’t take her best friend being hurt any longer so she approached them and made a scene. Shin Hye ran to stop her but it’s too late Eun Jung already blurted harsh words.

“So this is your new girl, huh?! Congratulations b*tch for stealing my best friend’s boy friend! You look more than satisfied with him, home wrecker!”

Hitomi could just look down at her fidgeting fingers on her lap. Jong Hyun felt enraged by Eun Jung’s sharp tongue.

“Watch your dirty mouth Eun Jung-ah!” He said coldly, his eyes burning through their souls. The tears Shin Hye was about to shed suddenly disappeared. He matched his burning eyes with a death glare.

“How dare you be the one to get mad at us…at me?! You’re the one who left me in front of the church during our wedding day, you heartless fool! And now, it’s as If I was the one who did something wrong while you!…you got her pregnant for heaven’s sake! All this time you were just fooling around!”

Jong Hyun’s anger was replaced with shock. He felt being slapped by her words…and not long after,

“Shin Hye-ya… it’s… it’s not…”

She really gave him a real slap on his face before storming out of the shop. Eun Jung looked at Jong Hyun from head to toe and smirked while shaking her head.

“Tsk Tsk…Not even close from the pain you caused her…oh by the way! Nice mark on your face! Suits you better!”

Eun Jung then paid the cashier all the money on her wallet to ‘pay’ for the scene they caused before running outside only to find Shin Hye on the car crying.

“Will you stop crying over him! He’s not worth your tears Shin Hye-ya! You did a great job earlier!” Eun Jung was starting to get annoyed by Shin Hye being a cry baby.

“It still hurts Eun Jung-ah…seeing him with another girl… Why does love hurts this much Eun Jung-ah?”

“A person is hurt either because you still really care for him or he doesn’t really care about you anymore. But in your case, it’s both! That’s why it’s too painful…” Eun Jung could only be her shoulder to lean on during these rough times of her life.

“Shin Hye-ya…what hurts you today will make you stronger tomorrow.  Life is too short to waste time with anyone who doesn’t appreciate you. I repeat Shin Hye-ya, HE. IS. NOT. WORTH. IT. C’mon! A lot of guys are just waiting for you to be single!”

Shin Hye just looked at her with disbelief and rolled her eyes at her. She eventually stopped crying as she listens to Eun Jung’s ‘words of wisdom’. She knew that Eun Jung is trying to help her with those encouraging words about life…but then when it comes from , it sounded unrealistic and so she tried hard to suppress the laugh from her face.

“Arasseo! Arasseo! Enough Eun Jung ahjumma! I’ve had enough lessons for today! But the slap was a big relief for me. I couldn't believe myself doing it...So....where are you going to take me this evening? And where are those guys, huh?!”

“You’ll see…” She winked at her.

“Uh oh. I think I might pass. Just by seeing the way you look at me smells trouble… real trouble…”

“We’re going to have fun! Prove to him you can live without him!”

That’s what really best friends are for: They wouldn’t let you do stupid things…without them. First you were crying and the next thing you knew, you were already laughing with them.

________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the super late update chingus. I died from my exam in Monetary Econ earlier. I think I just . All those financial crisis, financial derivatives and whatsoever drove me crazy. My brain cells are not working properly so sorry if this update was kind of crappy and has lots of errors. I’m really feeling sleepy right now. I actually wrote this yesterday on the back of my notebook in Labor Economics but I didn’t have the time to write here in my laptop because I was busy reviewing…no, cramming…for my exam. I just squeezed my brain just to give you this update because I missed my readers so much. The past week was a tough one for me. Thank you to all the ones who sent me encouraging words. I was touched. It was really stressful and I couldn’t focus very well because I had so many things to worry about. I could only sleep for three hours and I will suddenly wake up thinking on some things. Til now, I’m still trying to put everything back to normal, including myself. Please bear with me. I still have an exam in Labor Econ next week and I haven’t read anything about it. T_T What a responsible creature! LOL >:)

Btw, who’s reading Fifty Shades of Grey? I heard Ian Somerhalder will play the role of Christian Grey in the movie. *drools* Hahaha. Kyaa~!  And is it true that E.L. James will write another novel for Christian’s y POV? OMG! I’m so excited! ^o^

Til the next update! :) Good night chingus and happy reading!

 

‎"The hardest thing in life is trying to let go of something you thought was real."