Fate Draws Them Closer

Love Trauma

 

Yong Hwa’s POV

Another day for me. I was carefully driving my brand new black Bentley on the way to my office. Just got it earlier this morning. It was dazzling. It was part of my working fee for winning a big case yesterday, which was expected.

 

Today was just… plain. I wake up, eat breakfast, go to work, go home and review my cases then sleep then wake up again and the cycle goes on. Boring, right? I feel like my life doesn’t have any thrill in it. I’ve always thought that being at the top of your game was the one that keeps life exciting. But apparently, it didn’t apply to me. I was a bigshot lawyer who accepts paychecks with lots of zeros in it, who has never failed to win ALL my lawsuits, who has to be tough at all times, not giving my opponents any signs of weakness for they will surely tear me into pieces at the courtroom. But all these achievements are only partly won because I wasn’t happy, for I don’t have anyone to share my success. How I wish I could have someone whom I can share these things—my triumphs…my feelings…

All of these are running in my head until my attention shifted to this… this beautiful deity who came down to the earth to answer my heart’s cry.

“Is she a goddess or something?” I said to myself while I couldn’t help myself but admire her beauty.

I was dumbfoundedly staring at her while she crossed the street, like this is a runway where she is strutting her white long gown, or maybe she’s a model and there’s some photoshoot going on here. But I couldn’t see any flashing lights around, except for the stoplight.

I halted just as when it turned red. I couldn’t see the lady anymore. I looked sideways to see some signs of her but all I saw was people staring at my car. I didn’t mind. After a few seconds, I checked if they were still looking. And they really are so I stepped out of my car. They went nearer, particularly in front of my car. I was about to ask one of the ahjussis when someone spoke,

“Tsk tsk. Poor young lady! This is his fault!” The old man pointed his finger at me. I checked to see what he was talking about. There lies the body of a girl, the woman I that took my breath away earlier, but it seemed that I’ve taken hers too, literally speaking. What have I done?! But… I was just… I thought I stopped right in time.

“She must be dead now. Tsk tsk tsk. What a fate!” The man said again.

I knelt down on the ground and put my ear near to her nose to check if she’s still breathing. My heart skipped when she suddenly opened her eyes and spoke,

“Take me… take me away. Please?”

She told me in her weak voice. She closed her eyes again. She must’ve lost her consciousness now. Without having second thoughts, I carried her on my arms and laid her in the back seat of my car. I drove my car in a swift, without even caring if my brand new car will have any scratches or whatsoever, and went to the nearest hospital.

The staff immediately took care of her and took her to the emergency room.

***

“Excuse me, sir, are you her husband?”

I was startled when the doctor asked me. I was sitting nervously on one of the benches outside the ER.

“Aniyo. I… I… I just brought her here.”

 “Well, she’s fine now. According to our findings, there wasn’t single sign that her unconsciousness was due to a sudden impact… like being hit with a car. The bruises are just minor and might just be from fainting on the street. She lost her awareness because of an emotional breakdown and not an accident. Do you have any idea what happened to her earlier before you saw her?”

I just raised my shoulders. Phew! Good thing I didn’t hit her, or else my image will be in ruins.

“Where is she now, Doc?”

“She’s already in the private room, taking some rest. She’s still asleep. She can go home tomorrow.”

I thanked the doctor and immediately went to check on her. When I opened the door, I found her sleeping, peacefully. I got a chair and put it next to her bed so I can look at her more closely.

What had happened to this bride-like woman? Almond eyes, rosy cheeks, curved lips… I sighed as I marvel at her flawless face.

My head suddenly had a rerun on my mind on what happened yesterday morning, the time I lost to a girl who also loves the same coffee as mine. P. S. H. That’s right! Shin Hye! She’s Shin Hye! But… I looked at what she’s wearing. It’s definitely a bridal gown. Omo! She’s telling the truth yesterday. She’s really getting married… and now here she is, lying unconsciously on a hospital bed. What could’ve happened to her?

I carefully touched her head and it. Suddenly, a tear fell on her cheek. O_O What did I do again? I wiped it from her face and I continued to her soft hair.

“Why Jong Hyun? Please. You promised me…” She murmured as tears once again fell on her cheeks. She must have been having a bad dream, but I can’t wake her up because it might not be good to her seeing a stranger once she opens her eyes.

I stood up to call Min Hyuk, one of my partners in the law firm, to ask how the firm has been doing. I went outside and I saw someone not from a far, a doctor who was talking to a guy and patted his shoulders. The guy walked away with a heavy heart. The doctor looked at me, looking at me with curiosity, then I waved at him. He went towards me, still wearing that curious look.

“Hyung! Long time no see!” I hugged him then made high-fives with him.

“Oh! Yong Hwa! What brings you here?” He received my high five and ruffled my hair.

Aish! He hasn’t changed a bit. He still sees me as a boy! He’s Jung Il Woo, my cousin and childhood friend in Busan.

“I just brought a patient here.”

“I thought you came here to see me! Hmp! You must be so busy driving your career up to Everest! Kekeke.”

We had never had a conversation like this for a long time.

“By the way, halmeoni misses you so much. You should take a break and pay some visit to her.”

I sighed as he mentioned our grandmother. I missed her too—her cooking, her scolding and even her bedtime stories when we were kids.

***

I went to the office and decided to take file an indefinite leave.

“Wow hyung! About time to take some rest.” Min Hyuk said as he reads my letter.

“Make sure that anything will go on smoothly here. Call me immediately if something happens…”

“Hyung-ah, you haven’t even gone yet you already bombarded with tons of orders. Don’t worry. I got your back. All you have to do is enjoy your vacation and have fun. You deserve it. Who knows? You might already meet your bride-to-be during this break.” he said as he winked at me.

“Just… just go back to your work now.” I stuttered when I remembered someone in my mind.

Before I go home to pack my things, I decided to drop by at the hospital to check her once more. I saw this summer dress displayed on the glass window of the department store. I didn’t know what happened to me but my feet stepped outside of the car then walked straight inside the store and immediately bought the dress. All I know is that I was thinking of Shin Hye at that time.

***

I knocked at her door, thinking she’s already awake. No one spoke so I entered the room. Maybe she’s still sleeping. When I entered, I saw her sitting on her bed, staring blankly at the window. She looked at me with sad eyes then looked back outside.

“Good thing you’re ok now. The doctor said you can go home tomorrow.” I told her while I was leaning on the wall. She just smirked.

“Home? I don’t think I have one after he left me.” She said, not losing her focus at the window.

“Geureom… just call your parents so they can pick you up. I’ll go now.” I told her before I stood straight and started reaching the door knob. Before I could turn the knob, I can feel a soft grip on my arm.

“Please, take me. I have nowhere else to go. I… I will do whatever you want.”

Her eyes looked really pleading to me. Her words seemed to pluck the strings of my heart. I held her hands then slowly removed them from the grip and walked outside the room. I dialled my secretary’s number.

“Ms. Go, book me a flight to Busan tomorrow morning. Make it two. And buy some clothes for a young lady.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the long wait chingus! Just had time. About the comments last chapter, I was hoping that you guys will be sad and all... but why are some people rejoicing?! Kekeke. Must be solid dooliers, eh? :) Please bear with me chingus. Good thing my exams were moved next next week so I think I'll have more time writing this than before, but I still have some a scrapbook to pass on Friday. T.T Just had our long exam in Korean10 and whoa! I just died. T.T Brain-bleeding here. Kekeke. I was hoping to ace the test. I hope so. *fingers crossed*

How's this chapter chingus? Feel free to share your thoughts on the comment box. I would love to read it. ^_^