Slowly Into You

Love Trauma

 

Author’s POV

Together, they went outside of the room and went to the mansion’s balcony to have some tea there. They saw Yo Rim happily playing with Snowy, the resident Bichon Frise. She was teaching the furry white dog on how to fetch the toy bone. It was a joy for them watching her having fun.

“Yong, can I ask you something?” Shin Hye said as she pours tea on Yong Hwa’s cup.

“Shoot.”

“Where are Yo Rim’s parents?”

“Il Woo hyung is my cousin and is currently working as a doctor in a hospital in Seoul. Her mom, Lee Yo Won noona passed away from a car accident when Yo Rim was only two.” Yong smiled sadly. Shin Hye did the same and let out a deep sigh before taking a sip of her warm drink.

“That was a deep one. Is something bothering you, Shin Hye-ah?”

She looked at him and let out another sigh before talking.

“Now I know the reason why I just felt close to her in just our first encounter.”

“And the reason is…?”

“It was a Sunday evening, we were about to go home from having a dinner in a restaurant. It was raining hard, the road was very slippery. My dad lost control of the car… the next thing I knew, I was in a hospital. A lady told me that I was already orphaned and that she’ll take me to the orphanage where people like me stay…” She let a tear drop to her cheek but quickly wiped it and shrugged it off with a smile. Yong Hwa pour tea from her emptied cup so that the warmth of the tea can comfort her.

Yo Rim came to them out of nowhere. She back hugged Shin Hye.

“Daddy Yong! You made Mommy Shin Hye sad…” She pouted at Yong Hwa then Shin Hye’s back.

“Ah…aniyo! The tea is too warm that’s why I was upset. I can’t drink it.”

“Blow the cup for mommy, daddy Yong!” Yo Rim ordered and he obeyed. He blew on it gently  while smilingly staring at the cuteness of Yo Rim and Shin Hye hugging each other.

“Yo Rim! Your appa is on the phone right now.” Halmeoni called her great granddaughter.

She hurriedly went over the phone. After talking with her dad, she came back to them with a sad face. She jumped on Yong Hwa’s lap and put her shoulders on his neck. She was sobbing.

“I knew it. I shouldn’t have asked him. I knew he couldn’t make it. I don’t have a family.”

“Sshh… uljima… Daddy Yong is here. Mommy Shin Hye is here, and so are Halmeoni and Uncle Woo Young and your IU eonni… We are your family. Maybe your Appa is just busy for work. He just wanted to give you the toys you want that’s why he’s working really hard.” Yong Hwa said as he comforted his niece.

Hearing those words, Yo Rim went back to her lively self again. An idea came to her mind.

“Chincha???” She looked at Yong Hwa and Shin Hye with hopeful eyes. The two nodded in unison, with great assurance in their faces.

“Geureomyeon… can you come with me in the amusement park as my parents for the Family Day?”

“Mwo?” Shin Hye almost spat her drink.

“I knew it… Mommy Shin Hye will refuse…” Yo Rim pouted. Yong Hwa also gave her a scrutinizing look. As she was about to turn her back, Shin Hye held her hand.

“Wait! You must have misunderstood. I was just shocked because the tea is still too hot to be handled by my tongue…” Yo Rim stopped and listened to Shin Hye’s explanation…or should I say, her excuse.

“I was just asking you… when it is so we can go buy food at the grocery.” She smiled weakly, hoping she will let her through, and she did.

“So… does that mean you’re coming with us?” Yong Hwa grinned teasingly at her. Yo Rim also looked the same.

“…ne.”

“Yesss!!!” Yo Rim hugged Shin Hye tightly then made high-fives with Yong Hwa.

“It’ll be tomorrow. Don’t worry for the food, Mommy. Halmeoni is already in-charge of it.” Yo Rim went out of their sight to inform Halmeoni about the good news.

Yong Hwa had his two thumbs up at Shin Hye.

“You just made her the happiest girl in the world.”

“Geurae?”

“Geurae! She had always been dreaming of having a mom and a dad to come with her at the Family Day. It’s a day allotted by the school to treat children to the amusement park with their family.”

“Geureom… we shall be there for her.” She said with encouragement.

***

“Shin Hye-ya, thanking for coming with Yo Rim today.” Halmeoni said as she handed her the things they needed for the day.

“It’s nothing Halmeoni compared to all the goodness that your family have shown me.”

“Treat us as your family too, Shin Hye. I’d be more than glad.” Halmeoni hugged her with warmth. Shin Hye reciprocated it.

“Ne, halmeoni. Kamsahamnida.” She said before riding the SUV with Yong Hwa and Yo Rim, and Woo Young as the one who will drive them there.

Yo Rim sat in between Shin Hye and Yong Hwa then started singing The Three Bears Song. After a few seconds, Yong Hwa and Shin Hye are singing with her while Woo Young was whistling while driving. They happily stepped out of the car when they arrived.

“Enjoy your day!” Woo Young said then drove away.

“So, where do you want to ride first?” Yong Hwa asked Yo Rim who was holding him and Shin Hye on her side.

“Carousel!” She answered joyfully.

“Alright! Carousel here we come!” Shin Hye said happily then went to the carousel.

While they were on the ride, Yong Hwa got his camera and took pictures of them. They looked at it after the ride ended.

“Wahh! We looked so happy there!” Shin Hye remarked and Yo Rim nodded eagerly.

“Daddy, your turn to choose the ride!” Yo Rim said to him.

“Me?”

The two nodded.

“How about the roller coaster?” He smirked.

The two girls looked at each other with surprise.

 “Alright Daddy! Let’s go!”

Shin Hye was even more startled to hear that from a girl way younger than her. Yong Hwa and Yo Rim dragged her to the ride forcefully.

“Andwae… andwae…”

“It’s alright Mommy! Daddy Yong is there for us!” She said in a wide grin.

“Don’t be such a chicken Shin Hye-ya! Remember why we are here.” Yong Hwa winked at her.

“Ara! Arasseo…” She finally submitted to them after remembering the reason why she agreed to come.

During the ride, she was holding onto Yong Hwa’s muscular arms and kept on screaming at the top of her lungs throughout the ride. Yo Rim was screaming too, but more on a thrill of excitement.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!”

Though it hurts his eardrums, Yong Hwa seemed to be very much enjoying the ride, partly because it was his favorite ride but most of all he liked how Shin Hye trusts him with her life during the ride.

Shin Hye was frozen at her seat even after the ride. Yo Rim tapped her to get her back to reality.

“Mommy! It’s already over kekekek.” She laughed at the site of her startled mommy.

“Ya Shin Hye-ya! Look at yourself!” Yong Hwa then showed a picture of her reaction after the ride, was half-open, with a poker-faced facial expression. Yo Rim and Yong Hwa laughed so hard while looking at the picture. Shin Hye threw her evil looks at Yong Hwa then hit her biceps full force, not once, not twice, but several times, as long as she could.

“Apha! Apha! Arasseo! Arasseo! I’ll delete it!” He said as he stopped himself from laughing. She pouted then walked ahead of him while she holds Yo Rim’s hand, completely forgetting to check if Yong Hwa really deleted her epic face. He didn’t and smirked as he followed behind.

Yo Rim chose the Ghost House as their next destination, Shin Hye’s another dreaded ride. Just like the Roller Coaster, she was screaming at all the images and props she sees, while she scooted really close to him. Yo Rim already knew what is inside that place so she wasn’t really scared at all. Yong Hwa was grinning again throughout the walk inside.

When they went out, Shin Hye was panting really hard so Yong Hwa handed her a bottle of water.

“Here, drink this. Your throat must have been all dried up after all the deafening screams of yours!” He said as he rubbed his ears.

“Does it hurt?” Shin Hye said with concern as she his ears too.

“Yeah…ah! apha…” He said faintly sounding like he was deeply hurt.

Realizing he was just mocking her,

“Chincha?!”

“…ne… here…” he said.

She it for a moment then suddenly, squeezed his ears really hard.

“Aphaaaa!” Yong Hwa said, this time he is really hurt.

They were interrupted by a flash. It was Yo Rim who took a picture of them.

“Neomu kwuiyeopta!” She said in delight. “Halmeoni will surely love this!” Yo Rim thought to herself.

“It’s your turn to choose the place now, Shin Hye-ya.” Yong Hwa said still caressing his ears.

“Let’s just go that game!” She pointed at the target-shooting game.

“Kaja!” She said as she dragged Yo Rim with her while Yong Hwa followed them hesitantly.

“Daddy! Win us some teddy bear!” Yo Rim pointed at the large teddy bear prize.

“You want that? I’ll just buy you one in the toy store…”

“Shiryeo! I want that one! Play the game daddy so we can bring home Teddy!”

Shin Hye looked at Yong Hwa who was obviously feeling uneasy.

“Kwaenchanha?”

If Yong Hwa was afraid of something, those were gun shots, even though he knew it was just a toy.

“Arasseo. I’ll just do it.” Shin Hye covered for him. When she played, Yong Hwa stepped back and watched them from a distance.

“Mommy Shin Hye fighting!” Yo Rim cheered for her.

“For Yo Rim, we will bring home the Teddy!” She said before she closed her eyes then shot the target three targets.

“Bang!... Bang!... Bang!”

“Huwahh!” One of the by-standers said in amazement.

“Tough luck!” Another one said.

“Bull’s eye! You hit all the targets perfectly ahgassi! Daebak!” The game facilitator said then everyone around them clapped their hands for her as he handed her the Teddy Bear. Yong Hwa could not believe what he saw.

“She was one lucky girl!” He thought.

Yo Rim jumped for joy when Shin Hye gave her the prize.

“Thanks Mommy! You’re the best!” She said as she hugged Shin Hye tightly.

“Aww… you’re an amazing mom and you’re lucky to have a beautiful child.” The by-stander earlier commented at them. Shin Hye just smiled shyly then went to Yong Hwa.

“Did you see that Daddy? Isn’t Mommy great?”

“Deh. She really is! Congratulations to the two of you!” He smiled at them.

***

The last ride Yo Rim chose was the ferris wheel but because she was tired because she had too much fun, she fell asleep while on the ride, hugging Teddy, her head leaned on Yong Hwa’s arm. Shin Hye marvelled at the sight of Busan from above.

“Uwahh! Such an astounding place Yong Hwa!” She said with admiration.

“Thanks for letting me come here. I’m really having the time of my life.” She said with sincerity.

“It’s nothing. I’m glad you are getting better day by day.” His husky voice sounded really genuine, and his smile as well.

Their eyes locked just looking at each other, with heart rates getting faster than ever. Slowly, he leaned closer to her. She closed her eyes as he closed the gap between them by sealing it with a gentle kiss.

After the kiss…

“I will help you… forget him.” He said with reassurance in his eyes.

“Ne…. but… let’s just take it slow.” She said then leaned on his shoulder. He kissed her forehead. And they stayed like that for the entire ride, while Yong Hwa was wishing to himself for time to stop.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! Sorry for the super duper late update. My exams are moved again next week because of the suspension of our classes for almost a week due to heavy rains but it’s ok for me to update because we have a long weekend today. I hope you are still reading this and that you are enjoying it.

Btw, I already completed updating My Dangerous Love, a fic which I am a co-author. The author, Director-Smiley asked me to write for the finale of the story because she is having some internet connection difficulties and also because she told me it was my responsibility to help her as her co-author.  :) I have a new co-authored yongshin fic right now named Back in Time by My_heart_is_only_4_u. She’s a newbie here in AFF so I hope you could support this fic too. :”>

Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting to Love Trauma. ^o^