Broken Promises

Love Trauma

 

Shin Hye’s POV

The sun is shining brightly in the skies. It must be a sign that I’m going to be lucky today. And I was. I just had a free cup of Tall Americano thanks to a yuppie. He looked really neat and upright, quite the type of person who doesn’t give in on people’s arguments easily. I just won on a bet over a lawyer and it made me proud.

Though I was happy because of my victory, there is only one person who can draw a bigger smile on my face—no other than my fiancé, Jong Hyun. We’ve been lovers for a long time. Just a few months ago, right after he popped the big question that is meant to bind our relationship for the rest of our lives, we decided to stay under one roof, to get used to being a married couple. But let me just clear to you one thing, I am still a . It’s my gift for my husband after the wedding. Though sometimes tempted to give in to our forbidden desires, plus the fact that my boyfriend is just gifted with seductive eyes and a hot body, we always restrain ourselves not to do it.

When we got into the car, he seemed to be really quiet. I touched his forehead, thinking that he got sick.

“You look pale. Aren’t you feeling well? Let’s go stop at the pharmacy first to buy medicine.”

He gently removed my hand from his forehead. He just held it then squeezed it, he just threw glances at me because he was focused driving.

“Aniyo. Kwaenchanha. I don’t look pale. My skin’s just really fair.” He smiled at me and pinched my cheek.

“But… you really looked… different. Sure you’re ok? I’ll just go home with you today.”

I was really worried for him. He looked so uneasy.

“Aniya. I’m fine. I’ll take you to the hotel. I don’t want to spoil myself seeing you beautiful tomorrow. Maybe I’m just having some what they call, wedding jitters.”

I caressed his arm and sighed. They say it’s normal to feel that way. I was curious at myself, though. Why don’t I feel like that? Am I not normal? Maybe I’m just too excited for tomorrow when I can finally be with him.

“You’re not gonna ditch me, are you?”

I asked him boldly, just to be sure. He held my hand again and kissed the back of my palm.

“I won’t. Promise.”

But promises, as usual, are made to be broken.

***

“Do I look beautiful enough to march down the aisle?” I asked my best friend and maid-of-honor Ham Eun Jung. We’ve been the best of friends since high school.

“Wow! What can I say Shin Hye-ya! You look really… timeless. You took my breath away chingu! I wish that I will also look as beautiful as you when my day comes.” Eun Jung chuckled, her eyes seemed sparkling when she went to check me inside the bridal car.

Yeah, it was my day, just like every woman has envisioned of this day. I was really hands-on on this wedding. I check every detail of my memorable event from the most general to the tiniest ones. Jong Hyun just agreed on anything that I want which made it easier for me to plan for this day. I even checked the weather forecasts and the good & bad lucks of this day so that everything will be perfect. Well it is, actually. The place was just exactly what I dreamt of—filled with flowers, old rose accents of the tiffany chairs and tables for the guests, Olympic drapes and ornamented trellis as our background setting, except that the one supposed to be beside me on this remarkable day was not there.

“Shin Hye eonni! Hyung is on the phone.” Jung Shin hurriedly came to us in his black tux and immediately handed me his iPhone.

“Jong Hyun-ah? Are you almost here?”

I was expecting for a quick and energetic answer from him. All I heard was just a heavy sigh.

“Jong Hyun-ah! Waeyo? Are you sick?”

Seconds passed before he finally talked.

“Mianhae Shin Hye-ya. I can’t make it.”

“Is this for real? But everything has been set…” I was checking out if he’s just kidding.

“I’m sorry.” He hung up the phone.

I accidentally dropped Jung Shin's phone. He’s definitely not joking. I gulped my throat. It has been dry. It seems all the water in my body climbed at  the back of my eyes, ready to flow down in any minute now.

“What did she tell you eonni? Where’s hyung?”

“Shin Hye-ya, is everything ok? He’s coming right?”

Though I can clearly hear what Jung Shin and Eun Jung are asking me, I don’t seem to understand what they are saying. I just looked at them, with watery eyes. I couldn’t hold it anymore.

I stepped out of the car and ran as fast as I could, in my silk white lace gown and six-inch stilettos. I didn’t even dare to look back. I don’t want to see the horrible look on their faces. I don’t want them to see pitying me or criticizing me or anything. I just want to be away from them, all of them. I was wiping my tears endlessly flowing in my cheeks. Just like my vision, my mind is also in a state of blur. Just as when I thought I was already struck by a car, my knees went weak and I couldn’t help but just lie on the floor, like some dead person. Am I dead now? I hope so.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annyeong chingus! Sorry for the short and sad update. T.T I'm glad you liked the first chap. Thank you for all the loves people! ^_^

primrose_ and miss-hitomi: I know right?! Jong Hyun is really a vampire, a y vampire! *drools* Kekeke. :))