Moving Forward

Love Trauma

Going home, the ride was silent. There was tension in the air that the two of them can hardly breathe. It was awkward. Shin Hye couldn't think properly after Jong Hyun's revelation. It hurt. She wasn't there during his pain. Even though she was certain of her feelings for Yong Hwa, but Jong Hyun nevertheless is important to her. As for Yong Hwa, he was dreading as to where their relationship will go. He loves her, but if she is not yet ready then he has to give way. Deciding to take the initiative, Yong Hwa spoke,

"About what happened earlier, I can give you time to decide."

"No-"

Shin Hye was surprised at his words. That's when her senses have awakened. She was thinking all about Jong Hyun, but how about Yong Hwa? She must have hurt his feelings too. Unknowingly, reality strikes and tears started falling from her eyes. Yong Hwa pulled over upon reaching their house. Shin Hye threw her arms on him, giving him a tight embrace.

"Don't leave me, Yong Hwa. I'm sorry for not taking your feelings into consideration."

Her tears were soaking his shirt, but he could only care less. He was more interested in what she will say.

"I love you, I really do. But Jong Hyun, he needs me now. All this time he was doing all these things to hide his pain from me. He intentionally pushed me away so I can force myself to move on- to move forward towards a life without him."

Now, Yong Hwa understood. Hugging her tighter, he her back softly, trying to ease her cries.

"It's okay, Shin Hye. It must have been hard for the both of you. We can visit him anytime you want just so you can see him."

He cupper her cheeks and gave her a weak smile, reassuring her that he is fine. Now is not the time to let her be alone like this. She needs someone to support her and serve as her strength. It's not easy to lose someone important and he knew it.

"Really, are you sure of this Yong? What about you?"

Shin Hye wiped her tears, her concern now focused on him.

"I'll be fine. I just have one condition."

"What is it?"

"Be officially so that way I can really take care of you."

Shin Hye smiled. What has she done in her life to deserve such an understanding guy like him? She his cheek, knowing what to answer.

"Yes, I'm yours."

 

Another day passed and they went back to the hospital to visit Jong Hyun, who had just finished his chemo after being accompanied by his personal nurse, Hitomi.

"I brought you some fruits to eat."

Shin Hye entered the room with Yong Hwa and put the basket on the table.

"Hi Jong Hyun. How have you been feeling?"

Yong Hwa asked quietly. By the looks of it, he knew that the other guy had been through a lot. Jong Hyun only nodded to acknowledge his presence before turning his attention to Shin Hye.

"Shin Hye, can you buy me some ramyeon? I have been craving for that ever since I got here."

Getting the signal, she nodded and went on her way to buy his request. She knew he wanted to talk with Yong Hwa.

"Don't take pity on me."

Jong Hyun said rather coldly. He sighed, not really wanting others to see him in such a weak state. 

"Don't worry I do not."

"I don't have any rights to say this but take care of Shin Hye. She is the most precious thing that ever happened to me. You may not understand my ways but I only wanted what is best for her so you should always be the best you can be in making her the happiest girl."

This time, Jong Hyun was serious. He meant every single word he said. He might not be the first hand to know that Yong Hwa is a good guy, but he can't just let Shin Hye go without talking to the man who will have his girl.

"Shin Hye told me everything and I know how much you love her. And yes, you don't have the right to tell me that. But just so you know, I will cherish and love her with all my heart and put her as my priority from now on."

"Good. That's all I wanted to hear. Now get me the apple you brought so I can eat it"

Yong Hwa rolls his eyes and scoffs. This guy, really. Even in a situation like this he still has his arrogant side.

"Fine."

 

Two years later...

 

Shin Hye and Yong Hwa were watching the sunset together at a beach in Bali. It was their honeymoon trip after getting married. They were sitting in the balcony of their villa, holding each other's hands.

"I hope Jong Hyun does have a successful therapy in Germany."

"I hope so too. Now you don't have to be worried anymore because Hitomi is with him. He is not just his personal nurse, but his partner in life now as well."

The both of them smiled before sharing a sweet kiss in front of a beautiful scenery.

"I love you, Yong Hwa and I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have met someone like you."

"I love you too. And who knows that an accident will lead me to the woman of my dreams?"

Shin Hye laughed and slapped his arm with his cheesiness.

"Yah! Your words don't suit the ambiance here!"

Having another idea, Yong Hwa grinned meaningfully before standing up and carrying Shin Hye bridal style to their room.

Before she could protest, he already locked the door and started undressing himself upon reaching the bed.

"It's getting hot in here, Shin"

"Hey!"

"Too late to back out now!"

 

 

FIN.

 

Author's Note: So uhm, Hi? /shyly waves at my readers/ this chapter has looooooong been overdue! It's been almost 2 years since I last updated this story. I'm sorry. I'm slowly getting back my muse now and I was too guilty not to finish this story that I have started. Sorry for coming back only to finish this story T_T Nevertheless, I will be continuing my other yongshin fic, It Started With A Fan Fiction which was also on hold for a long time. I hope you still liked the ending of this story. Thank you to all those who subscribed, commented and upvoted this story!  Kindly upvote if you like my fic ans please do comment your thoughts. Those are the best rewards an author can get. It drives us to continue writing :D