Going Back

Love Trauma

 

Yong Hwa’s POV

We we’re quiet from the moment we left the hospital until now that we have already boarded in the plane. Once in a while, I will sneak some glances at her but she just looked the same—just sitting timidly while looking at somewhere as far as she can see, then make deep sighs every now and then. I let her wore the summer dress that I had bought yesterday and she looked pretty in it. She could’ve been prettier if she will smile.

I don’t know what happened to her and I don’t even have the courage to ask her. But then, the moment I saw her sleeping in tears, I knew that something must’ve gone wrong. When she ran to me and grabbed my arm, I suddenly felt an electric shot throughout my body. Her plea seemed like a form of hypnotism that led me to take her to Busan. And I’m not having any regrets at all. I do really think I made the right decision. She needs this and I just knew it.

I didn’t notice that while my mind is wandering on thoughts about her that I was actually looking, no, staring at her. When I finally realized it, she was staring back at me also, with asking eyes.

“Waeyo? Is there something on my face?”

She cupped her face then rubbed it gently. Finally, she talked to me. I thought she has already turned deaf. Good thing she didn’t.

“Ah… aniyo! I was just thinking…”

I don’t know if it is the right question to ask but I really wanted to know her answer, that’s what’s kept me from being wide awake until 3am. I gulped my throat before I continued,

“Why would you go away with someone like me… I mean… you don’t me well enough. We actually just met at the coffee shop and even had a small argument over a coffee.”

She just smiled at me, then looked away. Wait. She smiled at me? Now we’re really talking. But, I can still see sadness in the corner of her eyes.

“It’s ok if you don’t want to answer…”

“I don’t know. I’m just really desperate in going away.”

“Didn’t it come to your mind that… I might take advantage of you during this trip?... since you told me you would do everything for me…”

I know I’m too straightforward in asking her that, but I do really think I should ask her these kinds of questions to at least know something more about her, what happened to her.

She looked at me again with seriousness then smirked.

“Never.”

“Why? Do I look like a nice guy?”

I said as I arranged my collar then cleared my throat. She let out a little chuckle, and it sounded like music to my ears. She seemed to loosen up a little bit, which is a good sign.

“Don’t think so full of yourself. You’re a lawyer, right? I know you wouldn’t do anything that will give even the slightest stain on your image.”

I looked at her in disbelief. I was surprised by her answer. So, she could still think about that in spite of her current state, huh? What a clever move. I’m quite impressed. Despite the sadness in her aura and all, she’s still the same frank girl I first met.

***

We finally arrived at the airport so I called Woo Young, my younger cousin, to pick us up. He was already there, with our family’s gray Range Rover.

“Hyung-ah!” Woo Young run towards us while waving his hands. We exchange our brotherly hug.

“You’ve grown a lot!” I said as I ruffled his waxed hair.

“Aish! Stop messing with my hair, hyung. My jagi might not like it if she’ll see me like this.”

“Whoa! You have a jagi now? Who?”

“IU.” He said shyly as he put one hand on his nape.

“Oh, right! You’re childhood sweetheart. She’s too good for you! Kekeke.” I said teasingly but he didn’t mind because he was dumbfounded by Shin Hye’s presence.

“Annyeong! Cheo eum poepkesseumnida. Jang Woo Young-imnida. I’m Yong Hwa’s cousin. You’re Shin Hye eonni, right?”

“Annyeong! Pangapseumnida, Woo Young-ssi.”

She smiled at him, warmly. He whispered at me.

“You have a good taste too, hyung! She looks really lovely. Surely, halmeoni will be pleased with her.”

“Eh?! You must’ve mistaken. She’s my uh… just uh… anyway, how is halmeoni? Did you tell her I’m coming?”

I still don’t know what Shin Hye is to me. Is she a friend? An acquaintance? I don’t know, so I just changed the subject. Good thing Woo Young seemed to just let it pass.

“Ne, hyung. Before, she always preferred to be just in her bed, not doing anything. Whenever she hears your name from conversations, she will scoff at us and tells us that you must have forgotten her already because of your work and that she wanted you to give her a great grandchild already before she dies. But when I told her that you’re coming with your yeojachingu, she suddenly regained her old energetic self and started baking again and even supervised the maids to renovate our house! She must have been really excited in meeting her.”

“Mwo?? You told her Shin Hye’s my girlfriend?!”

I looked at Shin Hye sheepishly, her eyes were wide open and she threw dagger looks at me. She must have heard our conversation.

***

It didn’t take us long to reach our house. Woo Young helped us bring our things outside the car. Seconds later, halmeoni went to us. I was really happy to see her again that I wanted to hug her tight, but she pinched my ears hard.

“Stop it halmeoni, please? It hurts.”

“That is for not paying me a visit for a long time! What kind of grandchild are you, huh?!”

Shin Hye let out a chuckle at us, letting her to be noticed by halmeoni. She finally let go of my ears. Phew! I massaged my ear and looked at the car’s side mirror only to find out it was bright red.

“Oh! You must be Shin Hye! Eoseo oseyo! You’re so beautiful! Jung Ma Na-imnida. I'm Yong Hwa's halmeoni... and soon to be grandmother too. Ya Yong Hwa! She’s too pretty for you!”

Halmeoni said and gave Shin Hye a squeeze. I bit my lower lip as Shin Hye glared at me.

“Annyeong hashimnikka!” She said and bowed politely after she was released in halmeoni’s hug.

“ But… you looked so beat. You must have been tired on your trip. Let’s go inside now. I already prepared food for you.”

“How about me, halmeoni? I’m your grandson and yet you didn’t give me a hug?”

I ran to her then hugged her tight. She hugged me back for a moment then hit my back.

"Ouch! You're being sadistic again, halmeoni."

“You’re a grown up now, right? That’s what you always tell me whenever I treated you like that.”

Halmeoni said before she headed to our dining room. I've never seen halmeoni as happy as this for a long time. Suddenly, I've thought of an idea. I walked next to Shin Hye while she examines our place.

“You said you will do anything for me, right?”

I told her, with a meaningful look. She looked at me intriguingly. She must have gotten what I’m trying to say.

“What?”

I put one arm on her shoulder then winked at her.

“Be my girlfriend.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annyeong chingus! I'm sorry for waiting for a long time. And I know that I told you I will update next week due to my exams but, luckily, my exams are moved next next week so I found time to write this update. I'm really sorry for being on HIATUS for awhile. I missed you guys so much that I couldn't wait another week not wrting an update for you so I kind of squeezed my time. How have you been doing?! ^_^ Have you seen my new poster? I made it myself. It though. I'm still exploring photoshoppe. Yeah yeah. I'm quite outdated. But still, I'm quite proud that I made a poster for my fic. Haha. Enough said.

By the way, just had my exam results in my Korean class and hell yeah! I got two mistakes, but then there are bonus points so my score went beyond the perfect score. But still, I didn't get the highest score. T.T Yeah, I'm quite competitive. Next time, I'll do better. Seonsangnim gave us 500won and some candies and chips from Korea when he came back. He's a fun professor. :)

What do you think of this chapter, chingus? I'll be waiting for yor comments! ^_^