Chapter 5

Gotta Get To Your Heart (My Angel)

 

CHAPTER 5!! :D

 

******************************************************************

 

The moment we, I mean I, finished my breakfast, I called my mom to inform her and my father that we would be out for the day—but we promised to be back before our weekly family dinner. My mom insisted that we stay there for the night, I laughed but she was serious; I think my mom’s planning on something.

 

“Kai?”

 

LuHan’s voice brings me back to myself. I looked at him with a questioning look on my face, he shook his head.

 

“Nothing. It’s just that, you’re spacing out again.” he said, I always do that…space out. I must be losing parts of my brain every day.

 

“Sorry” I smiled, “I really am.”

 

“Haha. No need, just saving you from yourself.”

 

I smiled at him then we fell silent. He laid his head on my shoulder then we were just, staring. We’re at the Gimpo Airport, waiting for our flight to Jeju Island.

 

***

“So, where’s your destination number 1?”

 

LuHan didn’t have to think twice on where he wanted to go, he immediately exclaimed “Jeju Island!”, the moment he heard my question.

 

With his cute expression, I couldn’t protest that I wasn’t in the mood to go. Well, I’ll be with him…it doesn’t matter where we go or how tired I am. Cheesy.

 

“Okay” I simply replied, trying hard not to hug the life out of him and finished my pancakes.

***

 

“How long is the flight to Jeju?” LuHan asked. I hope he didn’t notice me spacing out again.

 

“Hmm, about an hour and 5 minutes.” I replied, not moving. His head was still on my shoulder, I feel chills that I hope he doesn’t feel. He’s making me feel good to my soul.

 

“Really? That fast? Wow~ there’s no doubt we’ll be back before tonight’s dinner”

 

“Yeah~” there’s no way I would be spending the night there with LuHan. I mean, it’s not that I don’t want to. By all means, SURE! But, he might get the wrong idea.

 

We fell silent again. I don’t want this silence, but he’s silent. I don’t know why, as far as I know him…he’s usually a chatter box.

 

“Sorry” he mumbled, still lying on my shoulder and looking straight ahead. Then he turned his head to look at me.

 

I gulped, I must’ve looked stupid. He’s toooo close to me; it’s making my brain delirious. “Wh…why?” and I just have to stutter, eh?

 

He smiled softly. He must’ve felt my discomfort. He looked away, removed his head from my shoulder, Indian sat on his seat and faced me. “I’m not usually this quiet” most people wouldn’t apologize for their silence, usually when someone’s very loud, their apology should be ‘sorry that I’m so noisy’. But no, that wasn’t why he was sorry. But I’m not complaining; I’d rather him loud than quiet.

 

“Why? I mean, why are you quiet?”

 

He shrugged, “I don’t know. I just felt that you need the silence.”

 

“No!” I exclaimed, a few passer-by looking at me weirdly. I cleared my throat. “I mean, I actually enjoy your loudness. It makes me, well, feel elevated.”

 

He grinned, “Really now?”

 

I blushed, he was enjoying my discomfort, my shyness my….I just nodded, and that seem to satisfy him because he just smiled even more and leaned his head back on my shoulder.

 

“Is this ok?” he asked as is this is the first time he did it. I chuckled, “Yes, it’s ok.”

 

I was still enjoying the moment when our flight was announced. He must’ve, too, because he told to me to stay for a few more minutes. I don’t mind. We don’t have luggage or anything, just ourselves and our wallets and gadgets and we’re ready to go.

 

 

I wasn’t really familiar with Jeju because we barely visit the place. I told LuHan that, and it seemed to excite him more. He asked a random local about the places that should be visited when it’s your first time in the beautiful city.

 

The elderly woman that he asked, gave us a warm smile and told us about 8 places to go to, how to go there and the duration of the trip. Since we were limited in time, we decided to choose three places—Jeju Dinosaur Land, Hallim Park and Lotte Sauna. We decided to choose to go to a Sauna because, well, we just wanted to relax.

 

When we arrived at the Jeju Dinosaur Land (I was actually against it at first, because clearly, it’s a children’s place…but since LuHan wants to go to it~), the first thing that he said the moment we alighted the bus was “I’m hungry, let’s eat.”

 

I nodded, feeling a little hungry myself. While walking around and looking for somewhere to eat, we saw a Pizza Restaurant. No words were needed when he held my hand and marched toward the said restaurant.

 

We ordered, waited and ate—all in silence. I don’t know if the silence was due to our hunger, or just sheer awkwardness. It has been like this ever since, uh, yesterday. He would cling to me, would be sweet then when I begin to be comfortable and act the same as him, a little subtle than him, we would have this annoyingly awkward silence.

 

But I might be wrong, maybe he just have other things in his mind and he needs the silence. After we ate and asked for the bill, he took it from me.

 

“I’ll pay for it” he offered.

 

“No, it’s okay, I’ll~”

 

“No.” his voice was firm, when he noticed my shock, he smiled, “Oh c’mon. You’ve paid for everything ever since we went out yesterday…just, let me pay…okay?”

 

With the look on his face, I knew he wasn’t going to take no for an answer…so I just nodded. He grinned, “Good”

 

He took money from his wallet, more than what we need to pay (maybe for tip), left it with the bill and stood up.

 

“Let’s go” he said. Before we went out, he ran back to our table. I followed after him.

 

“What is it?”

 

He took something from the table and turned back to me with a smile, “The bill. I want a remembrance.”

 

I blushed; I felt my cheeks heating up. I just nodded and let him hold my hand as we went out of the restaurant.

 

 

We spent about 2 hours in the Dinosaur Land before we proceeded to Hallim Park which is quite far from the amusement park where we were. There, we walked around about an hour and talked about random stuff before we went to the Sauna.

 

We lied on the floor and stared at the ceiling. We just finished our separate hot baths and met here in the common room.

 

“This is nice” he said, closing his eyes. I looked at him and I felt like flying. He looked really peaceful and, well…angelic. Will I be able to have a chance to be forever with this angel?

 

“I’ll melt.”

 

“Huh?”

 

I didn’t realize he was already looking at me.

 

“It’s bad to stare, you know.”

 

“Sorry” I mumbled, looking away. “I was thinking of something then…”

 

“…you spaced out” he finished for me, I nodded; still interested in the ceiling above me. He chuckled, “You’re cute, have I told you that already?”

 

I wasn’t intending to reply, but because my body was a traitor to my mind…I nodded. I wanted to slap myself so bad, he chuckled again.

 

“Well, then. Sorry if I forgot. Please don’t feel awkward.” he looked at me with a pout and cute puppy eyes; I just nodded and looked away.

 

He sighed. “Tomorrow’s Monday, do you have classes?”

 

Really? It’s Monday tomorrow? Gosh, can I, like…skip school until he goes back to China? Reluctantly, I replied “Yes.”.

 

“Oh. Okay. I guess I’ll be staying at home for the week.” I can hear him smile, “My tour guide will be busy.”

 

I was thinking of something good to say when I remembered something. “Hey, didn’t I tell you that I’d convince you to study here?”

 

“Huh? Oh, yea. Soo…?”

 

“So. Uh, wanna go to school with me tomorrow?”

 

He sat up so fast I barely registered it. “Really? I mean, can I?”

 

I nodded and sat up to face him, “Why not?”

 

“Yey!” he was very loud that a few people were giving us weird glances. I nodded my apology and so did LuHan. Sorry, he mouthed to me. I just shook my head and smiled. He’s so cute.

 

“Anyway, what time do your classes start?

 

“Hmm, Mondays and Wednesdays, my classes start at 10am.”

 

“Oh, that’s nice. We don’t have to wake up early.”

 

“Yea” I nodded, “I…”

 

“Will you introduce me to your friends?” he asked, “I just want proof that you really have friends.”

 

He laughed, and I surprised myself that I did too.

 

After spending about an hour and a half at the Sauna, we decided to go home. We don’t wanna be late for our family dinner.

 

“Today was fun” LuHan told me as we were sitting inside the aircraft. We had been quiet for about 15 minutes after our flight. “I had a lot of fun. Thank you.”

 

I blushed. I blushed a lot lately. I really wish that he doesn’t notice, but I can’t really hide it. No really. Really.

 

“Me too” I replied, more like mumbled, “Thank you, also, it’s been such a long time since I’ve had a vacation like that.”

 

He chuckled, “Well, I wouldn’t really call it a vacation. It’s barely one day.”

 

I nodded, “Yea, but. It’s a vacation for me, since I was too busy at school, at home and sometimes work…so, yea.”

 

“You work?” he looked at me with wide eyes. He reminds me of a young new singer that I once saw on TV, he had the same innocent look that LuHan has, but the singer had a creepy look whilst LuHan doesn’t. I think he belongs in a group. And I’m blabbering in my mind.

 

“Well, sometimes, if I really need the money. I mean, my parents still supports me. And they will until I finish college…but there are times that, when I want to buy something for myself, I don’t ask from my parents. Ever since I was in middle school, I tried little jobs to help me buy what I wanted.”

 

This seemed to interest him because he was looking at me with, well, interest. “Really, now? So, what jobs have you done so far? And…are you working lately?”

 

“I shook my head. No, I don’t. I just got out of high school, I’m trying to concentrate on my first year in the university. But I may go back to work soon, since I have lots of free time…so far.” I smiled, “Anyway, I’ve tried working in restaurants, cafés, accepted typing jobs, became a dance instructor and…”

 

“YOU DANCE?” he cut me off, and it was loud. I didn’t dare look at the other passengers.

 

“Sorry” he mumbled, “I just got excited. But, you dance?”

 

I nodded shyly. I don’t really advertise that I do. A few friends just tell their other friends or relatives that I teach so, that is how I teach.

 

“Wow. That is so cool. Can you teach me?”

 

“Well…”

 

“Please?”

 

I nodded, again. “Okay.”

 

He smiled then nodded, “So, that’s all?”

 

“Huh? What?”

 

“Your jobs.”

 

“Oh! Uh, yea.”

 

He nodded, “You’re cool” then he laid his head on my shoulders, closing his eyes. I don’t know if it’s just my ears, my imagination or someone talking behind me…but I heard “I like you” in what seemed like LuHan’s voice. But I can never be sure. So I just closed my eyes and waited for our flight to descend; ignoring the heat that I feel creeping out of my cheeks.

 

******************************************************************

I was supposed to post this when I got home. But since I finished this before I planned on going home, might as well post it.

YEY! 2 UPDATES IN ONE DAY. hehehe

Next chapter would be in LuHan's POV.

What y'all think? hehe

 

to those who read and waited, thanks!

and to my new subscriber:

  • AliceMoon

a BIG BOLD GREEN THANKS! hehe (:

 

to commenter:

  • bubbleees: i know. and i also just noticed that i use the word cute a lot. haha. gyee thanks for reading. (:

 

I just noticed while re-reading this and the previous chapter, they've been having lots of skinships. I've been thinking...nah~ i'll stop. no, i won't. Should...stay...cute...and...fluffy...must...resist.... *y thoughts, go away* *scolds myself :D