Chapter 3

Gotta Get To Your Heart (My Angel)

 

 

Yey! Chapter 3.

This is short and so out of....order?

Fluff and cheese.

Comment? (:

*shoutouts to commenters and subscribers after this chapter :D

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

 

 “So, where do you wanna go now?” I asked; we were at the Coffee Prince at his request.

 

“I heard Coffee Prince really exists” LuHan said, “Can we go there?” he asked.

 

Unable to say no, I nodded and here we are.

 

He shrugged while sipping his coffee, he looked at the rain thoughtfully then to me. “Well, I was thinking of Han River, but since it’s raining…”

 

He looked at me as if I know what goes next to his sentence; I gave him a blank look. He giggled. He giggles?

 

“You’re cute.” I felt my cheeks heat up. “You have a cute blank look.

 

What? What’s he saying? Wait, did I just do that? “I…did that?” he nodded, “Can you do that again?”

 

“Huh?” Now I’m embarrassed, he’s making me do something…cute and kind of silly. I’m not cute; I’m not supposed to be cute. I’m 18, an adult…I’m mature, I’m…

 

“Please?” he pouted. I sighed. I dunno what to do so I just looked blankly at something. He in squealed in delight,

“Awwww. You’re so cute!” He really is like a girl…and  a kid. I can’t believe he’s 4 years older than me.

 

I just smiled and shook my head, I can’t be angry at him for making me do a fool of me. “I’m not supposed to be cute, I’m already 18.”

 

“So? You’re still young. And cute.”

 

Why is he like this? Why am like this? He makes me feel all jumpy and my heart keeps pounding in my chest like it’s about to burst. I think I already like him…so much. I hope I don’t gross him out or something. I’m not even sure if he’s like me.

 

“Uh, Kai?” he’s waving a hand in front of my face, I’m spacing out again.

 

“Sorry.” I mumbled then sipped my now-cold-then-hot coffee. He just nodded.

 

“I was just about to say I’m thankful that you’re beginning to act like you’re already comfy with me, but I guess I was wrong.”

 

LuHan gave me a teasing smile then bit his cookie.

 

“N-no!” I exclaimed, defending myself, “I am. I am, comfortable with you. I’m just, well, just not good with people.”

 

“People? Or pretty people?”

 

That again. This is my mom’s fault. But I can’t lie, I’m really not good with, well, people...pretty people.

 

“Well, both.” I admitted, really. I’m not really good with dealing with people, that’s why I mostly keep to myself.

 

“But, you have friends?” he asked, he looks worried.

 

I nodded, “Yes, I do have friends. But well, you know…strangers.”

 

He nodded but he looked sad. Why?

 

“Hmmm, I guess I have to work hard so that I won’t be a stranger to you anymore, huh?” despite looking sad just seconds ago, he was smiling. Not just any smile, it was a warm and comforting smile.

 

“You’re not a stranger to me.” I said, no. More like, it slipped from my tongue out of nowhere. he gave me a questioning look. “Well, ever since I saw you…I never thought of you as a stranger. You have a, well, comforting aura.”

 

He laughed. LuHan’s laughing. This is embarrassing. But then, I saw his cheeks was turning red (almost as red as mine, because of my embarrassment) then he sobered until he eventually stopped laughing. He coughed awkwardly then looked outside the window.

 

We were silent for a couple of minutes, it was an awkward silence and it made my heart sink a little bit. Maybe he’s already finding me weird and creepy; maybe the waitress from the café where I first saw him told him that I was looking at him and…

 

“Kai?”

 

I ‘hmmmmed’ then sipped my coffee, finding comfort.

 

“Uh…” he was looking at me like he was afraid of something I might find out or something like that.

 

“Yes?” I pressed; I didn’t know why he was acting like that. Maybe I did creep him out. Can’t the ground open up and swallow me; body and soul?

 

“I’ll just…I’ll just go to the comfort room”

 

I nodded then he left. What did I do?

 

 

 

 

****

The rain has already stopped and we were walking in a park. After that awkward moment in the café, he asked if I wanted to take a walk because he did. I said yes, again, and here we are. We actually just arrived because he doesn’t want to ride in the car, and I agree with him. That’ll be more awkward.

 

“Are you tired?” he asked, breaking our silence. We were silent throughout our walk; from the café to the park.

 

I shook my head, “No, I’m not.” I should be the one asking him that. “Are you?”

 

He smiled then shook his head, “I like walking. It makes me feel relaxed.”

 

We walked around the park in silence and I felt like hiding somewhere. People around us, as in the couples, were all getting cozy and sweet and cheesy and….we’re not one of them. I feel so sad that we’re just, this: almost strangers walking together, although I really don’t consider him a stranger. We did sleep together last night.

 

“I’m sorry.” I blurted. I wasn’t even thinking about that.

 

We walked slowly then he looked at me, “Why are you sorry?”

 

I scratched the back of my neck, “I don’t know?” I chuckled awkwardly, “I just felt like saying sorry. I mean, I feel like we’re a bit awkward now and it’s all my fault”

 

He smiled then what he did next made me feel like I was a walking pile of mush; he held my hand and pulled me closer to him. “It’s still kinda cold, I needed warmth.” Then he laced our fingers. So much for awkwardness, this is not the least awkward as I thought it would be, this is actually heart-warming. Like our hands were made for each other, to hold each other and give comfort.

 

I shook my head; I’m having weird thoughts lately—all because of this angel beside me.

 

“This is okay, right?” he asked, I squeezed his hand then nodded. He beamed and laid his head on my arm, since my shoulder was too high for him.

 

I ignored the looks that the people in the park were giving us. I don’t care.

 

We walked hand in hand around the park until it was time for us to go to the movies.

 

 

“What movie are we going to watch?”

 

We were in line for the buying of tickets; I was in line but I don’t know for which movie. LuHan chuckled.

 

“The Vow” he replied, looking at the poster thoughtfully. “Even though it’s just a movie poster and they’re just acting for that photo, it really feels like they’re in love, don’t they?”

 

I looked to where he was looking and yes, I agree. Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams really do look like they’re so in love, though they’re just playing for a part. I wonder if LuHan and I would ever be like that. Wait. What? Did I just think of that? We just met and barely know each other, he’s a guy and why am I thinking about that? Haha what the…?

 

“You’re smiling.” I heard him say, “Would you like to share?”

 

I slowly shook my head, “I don’t think I want to right now. Maybe some other time” I replied, and he just nodded. Maybe he figured out it was about him.

 

“Oh, by the way. Do you want to eat while watching the movie? Or is it okay if we just eat after the movie?” I asked

 

“Well, it depends on what you have in mind.”

 

“Uh, hmm. I’m thinking of pizza, but if you’re not…”

 

“Then after the movie it is!”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I love pizza!” he exclaimed, “And that’s what we’re having after the movie, then I better not eat while watching. I need to empty my tummy for my favorite yummy.”

 

After saying that, his cheeks turned red. “That was embarrassing.”

 

“That was actually cute.”

 

His blushed deepened, “Thanks, I guess?”

 

“Wel…” I trailed off when his phone started ringing.

 

“Excuse me.” he said and went to a quiet corner. I didn’t wanna seem to be like a gossiper or something so I just faced front and followed the line. Glad I did because I was already next. He came back just as I was just collecting the ticket and change.

 

“Let’s go?” he invited, placing his phone inside his bag.

 

“Let’s…” I said.

 

He, again, held my hand as we walked inside.

 

 

 

After the movie, LuHan immediately pulled me outside.

 

“What’s the hurry?” I asked him, curious.

 

“Hungry.” he replied, “Pizza.”

 

Maybe he really does love pizza. I nodded and led him out of the theater, he hugged onto my right arm as if it was about to be taken away from him.

 

He was so clingy that I’m beginning to think he’s already my boyfriend, not that I’m complaining. But…what if last night we talked about something then I just forgot about it then…that’s why he’s like this now? Or maybe I’m just dreaming and…I don’t wanna wake up.

 

“Is it far?” he asked.

 

“Nope. Just around the corner.”

 

“Oh, okay.”

 

When we entered the pizza restaurant, LuHan immediately looked for somewhere to sit then ran there, holding my hand. He’s just like a child excited for candy.

 

“Hungry much?”

 

He nodded, “and I just love pizza so much that I get excited just by the thought of it.” he smiled shyly, “Sorry.”

 

I waved a hand, “Not a problem. Your cuteness is always welcome.”

 

Go ahead, mouth, and say all the things you want without consulting my brain. And thank you, brain, for always being inactive.

 

He just smiled as the waiter approached us to take our orders. We ordered pizza and coke; an unhealthy and delicious pair. I like that LuHan actually likes food, a lot…and it shocked me. (With thin figure, would anyone believe that he actually eats A LOT?)

 

Earlier today, after we sent his mother to the airport and before we went to coffee prince café, we walked around the streets of Seoul and I introduced him to different kinds of Korean street foods. He said he was familiar with a few but he never actually tasted, maybe some.

 

We ate almost everything that we saw and I can see that he really enjoyed….especially the eating part.

 

“You’re lost again.”

 

I looked at him, an amused expression gracing his features.

 

“What do you mean?” I was pretending to be not aware, but I am fully aware.

 

“What’s on your mind?” he asked, “You keep spacing out.”

 

“I’m sorry, really.” Indeed I am. “I guess I’m just, overwhelmed by your presence that I’m turning into something like…this” I gestured to myself.

 

He smiled a sunny one; his eyes turning into lines. “I don’t know if I should be flattered or whatever. But I guess that’s something good, right?”

 

“Haha. Yea, it is something good.”

 

A few seconds of awkward silence.

 

“So, uh, how long will you be staying here…in Korea?” I was the one to break the ice, for once.

 

“Hmmm, a month. Well, maybe 3 weeks and a few days. This is already my fourth day here.” he smiled, “Why? Getting rid of me already?”

 

“N-no! Of course not! I…I was just curious. So, you know. We could plan your stay here. I might even convince you to study here.”

 

He chuckled, “You better do well on that, because even before I came here…I’ve already thought about that.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yea. But I’ve yet to discover and consider.”

 

“Well, then…I guess I really do have to do well on convincing you.”

 

He didn’t reply anymore as the food was served and we were silence by our eating. All the while, I was thinking of ways to make him stay.

 

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

 

I was supposed to update yesterday; since work got cancelled due to heavy rain :D

But, well...it was cold and it was nice to get cozy in my bed--I got lazy and cuddled with myself *foreveralone :D

anyhow~ here it is, chapter 3. sorry, it's kinda short. i'll make up for the necxt chapters :D

and oh~ here's the shoutout:

TO EVERYONE WHO COMMENTED AND SUBSCRIBED TO ME AND THIS STORY BEFORE I POSTED THIS CHAPTER...A BIG BOLD GREEN THANKS! EHEHE :D

to those who subscribed:

  • bubbleees
  • evilpuffs
  • exotic_elf
  • kyungkitty
  • Hikari0611
  • hokuspokus
  • xcosmics
  • Taemin-Minho
  • mudkipera
  • dwiananing
  • heyitsleaahh
  • Gdragonkwonjiyong

THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBING! :D

and to those who commented, THANKS:

  • kyungkitty: i'll make them cuddle soon. do you have suggestions? it will  be appreciated. hihi. thanks for reading (:
  • mrslukai: haha now i'm smiling too--i always smile reading this even though i was the one who wrote it. lol. thanks for reading (:
  • Taemin-Minho: thanks. and thanks for reading (:
  • mudkipera: yes, i am sure that this is my first fanfic. LOL. but i've written fics before. but this is my first ever fanfic. hehe. thanks for reading (:
  • bubbleees: she is fun to write. lol thanks for reading (:
  • dwiananing: hehe thanks, she is fun (: thanks for reading (:

 

have a great day and i hope y'all enjoy this and wait for the next chapter (:

*suggestions and requests are appreciated (:

 

this is long. gotta go. ahaha