Chapter 4

Gotta Get To Your Heart (My Angel)

 

I was supposed to post something tomorrow, but got overwhelmed by m y new Subscribers and Comments…THANKS ! (:

Hope you enjoyed this :D

*This was written waaayyy before I read suggestions and comments, so the cuddlings and y’knows will be out…on the next chapter. Hihi :D

 

******************************************************

 

“I don’t think I can do it”

 

“Well, how can you know? Have you tried?”

 

“No. But, well…I’m afraid.”

 

“What are you afraid of?”

 

The voices stopped. I opened my eyes to find myself lying on our small living room couch, the rest of my legs to my feet are over a chair and I was tucked in a blanket. Curios, I don’t remember lying last night like this.  No, I don’t even remember sleeping and lying. I’m pretty sure I was sitting last night when I fell asleep. The one lying down was LuHan; he slept on my lap again.

 

I looked at the clock and saw that it was already 9am; I wasn’t able to see the sun light because the curtains were still closed; how thoughtful of them.

 

Speaking of LuHan, his conversation with my mom stopped. What was that about?

 

Deciding that I’m very curios and I really want to know what they’re talking about, I walked towards the kitchen.

 

“Morning” I greeted them, sounding like a mumble.

 

“Have you washed up already?” my mom inquired, eyeing me carefully.

 

“Nope. Just woke up.” I replied and proceeded to the fridge to get some milk.

 

“Kim JongIn.” When my mom uses my full name, she’s already very serious…and that’s rare.

 

I heard LuHan chuckle. I looked at him but he was looking at my mom. “I didn’t know that Kai wasn’t his real name.” he said, chuckling.

 

My mom smiled at him, “It’s just a nickname that I and his father used to call him when he was little, then it became a hard habit to break.”

 

“Why Kai?”

 

My mom smiled warmly. I, too, don’t know why they call me Kai…I just grew up with the nickname. “Well, it took very long for Kai to talk…and the first word that he uttered was ‘Kai’. He always repeated it then it ended up us calling him that.” she and LuHan laughed, leaving me to gape at them. Could they at least bad mouth me when I’m not around? Especially in the mornings…I’m not a morning person.

 

“JongIn” I looked to the direction of the voice, and the owner had on his angelic smile. Who wasn’t a morning person? Me? With LuHan here? Nah, I love mornings. I even love noons, afternoons and evenings…and nights!

 

“Yes?” I replied, trying to stay calm and collected like I haven’t changed my mood.

 

He shook his head, “Nothing. Just wanted to say your real name and catch your attention.” he smiled, “Why don’t you go wash up so you could have your breakfast?”

 

I felt like a robot as I nodded and immediately went to the comfort room, the effects my angel has on me are unbelievable.

 

 

“I had fun today” LuHan said as we arrived at my house. He was staying here for the night, actually…he’s staying for the month, which is so…nice (:

 

“Yeah, me too” I replied timidly as we walked to my room.

 

“You know the drill” I said, “Choose anything that you find comfortable.”

 

He chuckled. “I don’t think I need that tonight. I do have my clothes now.” he smiled then I felt my face darken with embarrassment, thankful that the only light in my room was my bed side lamp so it’s not that bright.

 

“Oh, right. haha” I was just about to go out and slam my head against a wall when he awkwardly coughed. I gave him a curious look.

 

“Is…the black hoodie still available?” he quietly asked.

 

I think I blushed more, if that was even possible with my current blushing state. I was planning to wear that tonight because he wore it last night and you know…I just wanted to know what it feels and STOP IT KIM JONGIN!

 

“Uh, yea. It’s still where you left it.”

 

His eyes widen in excitement, “Really? Uhm, is it still…clean to use it?”

 

Despite my embarrassment, I was able to laugh. “Well, if you were clean yesterday, then yes. But if not…”  I purposely trailed off as I saw him pouting. He’s really cute.

 

“Of course I’m clean!” he defended, “You even let me use your bathroom!” he pouted then crossed his hands in front of him.

 

“Haha. I was just kidding, LuHan.” I yawned, I wasn’t intending to but it’s not something that I can prevent.

 

“Better go to sleep.” he said, the pout disappeared and was replaced with concern. “I know you’re tired.”

 

“A bit” I admitted, “You should, too.”

 

I took some clothes and proceeded to go to the comfort room. “Oh! You should go in first.”

 

He just nodded and said thanks before collecting his bath stuff and went out of my room.

 

I sat on the edge of my bed and waited. I was already dozing off but I can’t sleep here, I can't sleep with him here. I mean, there’s nothing wrong. We’re both guys. Uh, but I think that’s a more reasonable reason why we shouldn’t sleep together.

 

Sighing, I just played a game on my phone to prevent me from sleeping.

 

After 11 minutes and 45 seconds, LuHan reappeared in my room.

 

"Go to sleep" I told him, "I won't be going in again so you could go to sleep."

 

He nodded, he looked sleepy. He was still by the door and I was just about to go out when he hugged me. "Good night and thank you"

 

I just stood there, not knowing what to do. "No need to thank me" I managed, "We still have 3 weeks together, you can thank me after that." he let go of me and I already missed his warmth. I wanted to hug him back but I was shy to do it.

 

"Good night" I said and left the room before I melt into a puddle of something on the ground.

 

 

I was brushing when I thought about last night. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and I looked really foolish--like a love sick dog.

 

 

My second sleepless and movie night. I was sleepy but I can't bring myself to sleep. Usually when I'm sleepy, whether I'm sitting, standing or walking..I would fall asleep. But now...I just hated my uncooperative body parts.

 

"I can't sleep." LuHan's voice filled my ear. I would've thought that was just my sleepy imagination if it weren't for him sitting beside me. "You too." he pointed out, I nodded.

 

"I don't even know why, I'm really sleepy." We sighed, then I looked at him, he was just looking at the TV. "Maybe you can't sleep because you're homesick." I said.

 

"I doubt" he smiled and looked at me, "Or maybe." he yawned and lied on my lap...again.

 

"Sorry." he said, hiding his face on my thigh.

 

"It's...it's okay" I stuttered, so lame. "Why are you sorry, anyway?"

 

He shrugged, "You might be feeling uncomfortable. Sorry, I just have this weird habit on lying on laps."

 

I blushed at that. "It's okay, really" I said and I was sincere. Weird habit of lying on laps? "Do you do that to all your boyfriends?" the moment it slipped out of my mouth, I felt so embarrassed for myself.

 

But his reaction was something that I wasn't expecting, he laughed, "BOYFRIENDS??"

 

“I’m sorry!” I exclaimed, “I mean to say girlfriends or…” I stuttered, “I mean, I wasn’t intending to say anything!~”

 

He just continued laughing as I was idiotically looking at nothing in particular. I didn’t know what to say.

 

He sobered and looked at me, still lying on my lap, “No, you’re the first.”

 

What does he mean by that?

A few moments then…

 

"LuHan?"

 

I waited for a few seconds when I saw that he was already asleep.

 

 

"Kai! Are you gonna take forever in there?" my mom shouted from the kitchen then I realized that I still had my toothbrush in my mouth and that I was smiling like a happy dog. I spat the foams in my mouth then hurriedly washed my face and went outside.

 

"What's for breakfast?" I asked as I sat on my place at the dining table.

 

"Pancakes" it was LuHan who answered, "I made them."

 

Really? "Really?" I love pancakes. "I love pancakes."

 

"I know" he grinned, "Your mom told me." speaking of her, where's my mom?

 

"Where's mom?" I asked and placed a piece of pancake in my mouth. It tastes...heavenly. Am I dead already? "This is really delicious, thanks!"

 

He giggled; I gave him a questioning look.

 

He shook his head, “You look cute and happy. Is that your favorite food?”

 

I slowly nodded my head; it really is my favorite food. I can eat pancakes all day without getting fed up.

 

I ate in silence while he was busy sipping his apple juice and looking at nothing in particular when he looked at me. “About your mom, she left after she called you.”

 

“Oh. Okay.” I chewed and swallowed, “Did she say where to?”

 

He shrugged, “Sunday date with your dad?”

 

Oh, right. Their regular Sunday dates. They have it because they rarely see each other the whole week. I hardly see my father since I went to college.

 

“Your dad’s nice.” LuHan said.

 

“You met him?” he nodded, “When?”

 

“This morning. I woke up early because I heard footsteps, and I felt that your leg was already cold.”

 

How embarrassing. He shrugged then smiled, “Anyhow, you’re father stopped by the end of the couch and was looking at us. I greeted him ‘Good Morning’ then explained the situation. He just nodded, smiled and said that he’ll get to know me more if we have time tonight.”

 

Tonight, our Sunday night ritual: dinner-together-no-matter-what.

 

“Hello, Earth to Kai JongIn~”

 

I was spacing out again, I shook my head and focused my view on LuHan, “Sorry?”

 

He pouted, “You weren’t listening to me.”

 

“I was!” I defended, “I just thought about tonight.”

 

“Hmm, what about tonight?”

 

“Well, every Sunday, we have our ‘dinner-together-no-matter-what’. That’s the only time I get to see my father.”

 

“Really? Why?”

 

“Well, it’s his job. He leaves early in the morning and comes home late at night. Sometimes, I see him in the morning…that is if I wake up early. As in 6am early.”

 

“What time are your classes?”

 

“They start at 10. I really intended to get late in the morning classes, I’m not really a morning person.”

 

LuHan grinned, “I noticed.” he drank his apple juice, “So, do you have anything planned for today?”

 

I paused, do I? “What do you do during Sundays?” he added.

 

“Sleep” was my fast reply. “I usually just sleep since I’m busy the whole week. Or watch TV, or anything that’ll keep me inside the house.”

 

“Oh…okay. House it is” he smiled and went to the sink to wash his glass.

 

“Just leave it there.” I said, he’s a guest…I don’t want him washing his dishes.

 

“It’s okay. This is just one glass.” he still had that smile but something’s bothering me. Right! I’m his ‘tour-guide’.

 

I swallowed the pancake that I was chewing and coughed to catch his attention, he straightened up, “Do…do you want to go somewhere today?”

 

He hummed like he was thinking about it. Of course he wants to go somewhere! He’s here for a vacation, anyway.

 

“I mean…where do you want to go today?” I rephrased my question to a more appropriate one.

 

He chuckled. He chuckles a lot, it’s really cute. “Assuming that I want to go somewhere?”

 

That caught me off guard. So…my first question was right?

 

There must have been something funny in my expression because he laughed. “Kidding. Yes, there are a couple of places I want to go.”

 

I just shrugged and concentrated on my food, hiding my blushing face. “Okay. Just name it and we’ll try to go to as many as we can.”

 

He ran to his previous seat and beamed at me, “Really?”

 

Cute. “Ah, really.”

 

“As in seriously really?” he was too close, any closer and I’ll feel the heat. What the heck is that Girls’ Generation song doing lurking in my head like that? I’m going crazy!

 

I sat back closer to my seat, getting away from him. I wanted to hug him. “Yes. Seriously really.” I coughed, awkward. “Now, destination one?”

 

“Uhhh…”

 

******************************************************

A big bold green THANKS to my new Subscribers:

  • helloimrayn
  • _watermelon
  • SS501angel

 

AND TO THE COMMENTERS:

  • dwiananing: i haven't watched their happy camp yet, but i saw some .gifs and jshfduesaifesauifi!!!! i wanted to roll like a buffalo on the floor. KaiHan's making me crazy.~ o.O
  • exotic_elf: updated! hope you enjoyed this (:
  • SS501angel: awww love them too, SO MUCH! and yes, i'm thinking about that too. and that's soon. i got it all planned in my complicated mind. HAHA :D thanks (:
  • Taemin-Minho: haha thanks for finding it funny. i hope i won't disappoint you with my future posts. thanks (:
  • kyungkitty: *rolling like a buffalo just by thinking about your suggestions* i think i'll do that very soon. fhehjsnf♥ thanks (:
  • helloimrayn: hi~! thanks for reading! updated (: hope you enjoyed.

 

YEAH. AND BECAUSE I'M HAPPY...I THINK I'LL POST CHAPTER 5 TONIGHT. WHAT Y'ALL THINK? hihi