Chapter 2

Gotta Get To Your Heart (My Angel)

 

The living room won't be comfortable.

I should know.

I'm pitifully making my tall self fit in the couch which is capable of seating four people. When I lie on the floor, 8-12 people can sit on me; from my head to my feet. Pfft.

It's already 1am, the rain is still falling hard and I can't sleep. What did I do to deserve this?

Sighing and knowing—fully well--that I won't be able to sleep for the rest of the night, I sat up and the TV and looked for something to watch.

"Oh, you're still awake"

I looked to the direction of the voice and I saw LuHan standing by the entrance of the living room. My heart went somersaulting when I realized he was wearing my FAVORITE black hoodie. It's really big for him and he looks cute, he was playing with the hem.

"I'm sorry" he said, "I was cold and I saw this on your study table and..." he trailed off, looking at me shyly.

I just smiled and nodded, "It's okay, really. Are you warm now?" he nodded

From the hoodie to the sweat pants, everything was mine. "Wear anything that you find comfortable" I told him. It's so odd that what he found comfortable was my favorites. It was also odd that I did not decide to wear them tonight.

Noticing that he was still standing there and playing with the hem of my hoodie, I cleared my throat to catch his attention. "Can't sleep?" he nodded, "Want to watch TV with me?"

I patted a space a couple of inches from me and he sat there, in a comfortable distance.

"What're you watching?" he asked in a soft voice, making me self-conscious for no reason.

"Nothing yet. I'm still browsing channels."

"Oh"

We were silent for a few moments, browsing channels when he decided to break the ice. "Do you like foreign films? Like Western ones?"

I smiled, I dunno why. "Well, yea. I watch lots of those" it's true, though.

He smiled excitedly, "Well, are you free later in the afternoon or maybe tonight?"

WHAT? Is he asking me out...again?

"Are you asking me out?" slipped from my mind out to roll out of my tongue even before I can control it. I think my face is burning red already.

He chuckled then shook his head, "Uh, yea? Well, you were going to show me around this morning, right? I was just asking if you would be free after that because there's this movie that I would really like to watch." he said then grinned, "But if you'd like, we can separate the movie and call it a date, while in the morning...it'll be just the tour. What do you say?"

Wow. I. Am. Really. Speechless. Losing my ability to speak, I just nodded earning a big smile from him, "ok" he said then took the remote control from me and then we watched a random foreign film.

"Have you watched this already!?" he asked.

I wasn't really looking at the screen, I was thinking about the day that was about to come. But when I did, I was glad I was familiar. It's an old movie. It's a story about a man who finds a portrait of a woman, finds her beautiful and decides to try time traveling. Well, that's what I remember and I hope I'm correct. I actually like that movie.

"Uh, yes. I know how it goes, I just forgot the title"

He smiled, "It's Somewhere in Time, it's actually one of my favorite movies; it's so beautiful"

We watched the movie in silence and then I felt him dozing off, his head was falling off the backrest of the couch.

"Lu--"

"I'm sorry" he said, sleep consuming him, "but can I sleep on your lap?" I was still processing his question when I unconsciously nodded. When his head was already on my lap, I got it. He asked if he could sleep on my lap. Ok, I am slooow.

I watched the movie for a couple of minutes before deciding to turn off the TV and sleep. I don't care how uncomfortable this is, he's sleeping on my lap...that's all that matters.

 

I awoke to the feeling of being slapped. Slapped? I opened my eyes to see my mom constantly giving my cheeks little slaps. I groaned.

"Good. You're alive" she stood up and grinned.

"Moooom!" I exclaimed, what's wrong with her, really?

She shrugged and walked towards the dining area. "How're you feeling?" she asked, biting on her toast.

"My body is aching" I said, "I will never sleep on the couch ever again"

"Well, you will have to"

Say what? "What?" now I'm awake. Why? "Why?" I asked as I sat across her on the dining table.

"Well....YuRi had to come back to China for something, she will be leaving LuHan here. I offered him to just stay with us and..."

I wasn't listening to her anymore. LuHan? Where is he? Wait! Why didn't....

"Where is he?" I interrupted my mom.

"Back to his hotel. He's just gonna get his clothes, send his mom to the airport and go here. Oooh. Which reminds me, you're gonna show him around, right?"

I nodded, "uh, yea"

"Okay. Then be a gentleman, go to their hotel now, send his mom off with him then spend the day with him."

Gentleman? What is LuHan, a girl? Well, he looks like one. But…

No more further instructions needed. I stood up to go to my room then my mom said, "Getting cozy on your first meeting, I like that"

Is my mom okay? Does she know anything?

I ignored her as I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment and hopped to my room.

I saw my hoodie on top of my sweat pants, both were neatly folded. I was just about to go to the bathroom when I noticed a note on top of my hoodie.

"Thanks for the clothes. 

See you later! (:

-LuHan"

This is going to be a good day.

 

***** 

"Mom, how am I supposed to-"

"Here" my Mom appeared out of nowhere from behind me and handed me a piece of paper.

"What is this?" I asked, not bothering to read the paper.

"Uh. A piece of paper?"

I shrug, that means I have to read it...and I'm glad I did. Written was LuHan's cellphone number, the name of the hotel they were staying in and their hotel room number.

"Okay" I said then headed to the door.

"I don't expect to see you 'til midnight, okay?"

I turned around and saw my mom grinning at me, I raised an eyebrow.

"Are you throwing me out of the house, mom?"

"Nope." she sipped from her glass of water then waved a hand at me. "Enjoy, dear"

Before I the engine of my car, I decided to save LuHan's number so that it'll be easier to call him on the way. Smiling to myself, I saved it under the name 'My Angel❤'. I am so corny.

 

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

I can hear his voice but I think I've lost my ability to speak.

"Hello? Look, if you're..."

"LUHAN!" I exclaimed, out of panic.

"Kai? Is this you?" he inquired, I feel so weird. "Kai, are you okay?"

Talk. Speak. Communicate. "Yes, it's me. And yes, I'm okay." I sighed. "Sorry, I was driving"

He chuckled. "Why are you calling me if you are driving? That's not safe."

"I know. Sorry. Just wanted to check how you’re doing. I'm on my way there."

I heard a little shriek, but I ignored it...it might just be my imagination but it made me smile.

"You're on your way? Here? Now? Gosh. Good thing you called, we were just about to leave. Are you near already? Because if it's convenient for you, we'll just meet you outside. We don't wanna be a bother"

He said that all so fast I barely hid my laughter. "Oh no, you won't be a bother. I'm actually 10 minutes away. Is that alright?"

"Well, 10 minutes is still a bit far. We can wait somewhere near, or we'll just go where you are....."

"LuHan" I cut him off, "Really, it's okay. Just, relax, wait and stay where you are...okay?"

I heard a sigh then a chuckle, "Okay, then. We'll wait for you, here...exactly where we are"

"Where exactly are you?"

Another chuckle. "In our hotel room, near the door. I was just about to go out, but since you said to stay where we are..."

"Haha. Silly. Go back to your bed and lay or sit or roll over or hand stand."

"Pfft. You're telling me I'm silly and you're the one making me do silly things" I can almost hear him pout. "Fine. Talk to you later. Concentrate on your driving. Bye."

"Lu---hmmm. Bye"

I wasn't the least disappointed with him dropping the call, a smile was even plastered on my face.

 

*********

This is short, I know. Sorry (:

Hope you enjoyed reading it and...

THANK YOU ALL TO THOSE WHO READ THE CHAPTER ONE, SUBSCRIBED AND COMMENTED!! VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. I WILL THANK Y'ALL ONE BY ONE WHEN I HAVE LOTS OF FREE TIME :D