Epilogue

Welcome to the Family

 

Sunggyu

 

A few months passed by before I began to miss Hana.  In my defense, I had a good reason—my anger.  Andy, her boyfriend at the time, said that she planed to stay at our parents’ new apartment after admitting that she did not get on the plane.  However, according to Mom, Hana wasn’t there.  I couldn’t look for her due to my solo promotions, though, and she changed her cell phone number.  I wondered why she did all of that.

I sat in the van, next to a sleeping Dongwoo and an angry Myungsoo.  Riding through a crowded street, we passed hundreds of fans waiting for our comeback performance.  I could hear their screaming from the inside of the van, quite loudly in fact, but I was used to it.

That is, until someone caught my eye.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Woohyun turned around from the passenger seat, having caught my expression in the mirror. 

The familiar face was gone.  “Yeah.”

--

“Sunggyu, something came for you.” One of our managers walked into our dressing room with a present.  I stared at the bag in curiosity.

“I thought you stopped accepting presents personally from fans,” I replied.

“But…she wasn’t a fan.”

My heartbeat increased.  I took the package and pulled out a red scarf.  Examining the scarf closely, I noticed a note taped to the inside of the bag.

Stay warm.  Good luck with the comeback.

-Hana

At that moment, I realized that no matter how many times Hana messed up, or how many times I failed to understand her true intentions, I’d love her, and she’d love me too.  Our bond was stronger than blood.  By welcoming her into our family, I not only watched her mature, but I also matured myself.

And I was happy.

----------

A/N: Well, I'm not so sure about this ending, but I am, to say satisfied.  I believed that I got my message across (even if I struggled a lot while doing so): that blood relation isn't the only thing that makes a family.  But I'll continue this note more in the next chapter with all of my thank you's.