Chapter 5

I Just Don't Know Anymore

{ Eunkwang POV }

 

“Eu-Eunkwang…” Eunjin whimpered from behind me. This bastard touched her and he thinks he can get away with it! No one can touch Eunjin like that…

 

I tightened my grip on the idiot’s throat and he gasped and chocked in response. Narrowing my eyes I looked him straight in the face and said the next words with lethal seriousness.

“If I ever see you touching her again, you’ll be answering to me. And I’m not a very merciful person.” My words dripped with venom as I glared daggers at him. I let go of him and he keeled over coughing and gasping for air. Before leaving the kitchen he gave me a glare that showed he wasn’t going to give up without a fight. I don’t think this will be the last time I’ll cross paths with him. My thoughts instantly went to Eunjin and I whirled around to see her clutching her wrist while she shook uncontrollably. ‘I didn’t think she would be this shaken up.’ Of course she would be frightened about what just happened, anyone would be, but it seems as though she saw a ghost or something. Opening the freezer I took out an ice cube tray and twisted it to release the cubes, placing them inside a tea towel and gently resting it on Eunjin’s wrist. She looked up at me with those eyes I love so much and my heart instantly melted, all the anger from before was replaced with concern.

 

“Th-thanks.” She shakily muttered while looking down at the floor, a light pink blush spreading across her cheeks. I smiled inwardly at the small reaction, though remembering that was all the response I would ever get. The finger marks on her wrist had gone down and her shaking had ceased. Stepping back I placed the tea towel on the bench and delicately held Eunjin’s wrist, checking for any other injuries. I felt along the soft skin of her hand and she flinched when I pressed my fingers down on the underside of her wrist.

“I’m sorry.” I apologised with sad eyes and cradled her wrist in both of my hands, protecting her from any more pain. While I was lost in my feelings I didn’t notice the presence of another person in the room until Eunjin snatched her hand out of mine and held it tightly to her chest. Turning around I saw Minhyuk standing in the doorway with calculating eyes. Eunjin looked liked a child who was about to be punished by their parent after they had done something wrong. I screwed my face up in confusion at her actions, ‘Why would she be so afraid? It’s only Minhyuk.’

 

“What’s going on here?” Minhyuk’s calm voice cut through my thoughts and brought me back to reality. ‘Should I tell him what happened?’ I struggled momentarily with the decision before coming up with a better alternative.

“Eunjin hurt her wrist when we were hiding before Sungjae came in. I was just getting some ice for her.” I replied casually as if I had not fallen even deeper in love with his girlfriend. I placed a hand on his shoulder as I walked out of the kitchen and into the lively lounge room. Though I had vowed to never voice my feelings about Eunjin, it was getting harder and harder to keep everything locked away. ‘I don’t know how much longer I can take this.’ I thought in frustration as I threw myself down on the lounge and covered my face with my arm.

 

{ Minhyuk POV }

 

The floor was now a field of coke and shattered glass. Wiping off a few splatters of coke from my face, I searched the room for Eunjin. She was no longer in the room and that worried me. ‘Could she maybe have gotten hurt by the glass?’ I went through all the possible scenarios in my head before noticing something else had changed. Eunkwang and Sungjae’s friend, Jihoon I think his name was, were also missing. My eyes narrowed at the though of Eunjin alone with that Jihoon. As soon as I walked into the dorm I knew I didn’t like him. He had the same cocky expression on his face the whole time we’ve been here. ‘Maybe he’s doing something to Eunjin. Or she could be-’, my thoughts halted to a stop as I thought of my Eunjin betraying me in such a way. I would not let her use me as a play toy that gets thrown away when she gets bored with me.

 

Leaving the mess behind me, I stalked into the hallway and down into the kitchen. On my way there I passed Jihoon. He seemed to have had some trouble breathing as he was coughing and his face was a shade of purple. I didn’t care; all I cared about was Eunjin. Strutting past I gave Jihoon my deadliest glare and bumped into his shoulder, asserting more authority than he could ever have. As I entered the doorframe I stopped in my tracks, staring at the scene in front of me. Eunkwang had Eunjin’s hand in his and he was standing too close for my liking. I couldn’t see his face so I don’t know what expression he had on, though his stance and movements seemed to say it all. And Eunjin…She was a light pink colour at the contact between her and Eunkwang. But what really made me angry was her expression. She looked uncomfortable, but her face said she didn’t hate it. Finally noticing me, she looked up and her face instantly went from discomfort to fear. Her eyes widened and she snatched her hand away from Eunkwang and held it to her chest in an attempt to conceal what happened. Eunkwang had turned around and was now facing me with a slightly surprised yet confused look on his face.

 

“What’s going on here?” I asked in as clam a voice I could manage to try and mask the fiery rage that was building up inside me. Eunkwang hesitated before answering, and this made me even more suspicious and angry.

“Eunjin hurt her wrist when we were hiding before Sungjae came in. I was just getting some ice for her.” He replied casually as if it were nothing. Was he stupid? Did he not know that Eunjin is mine and mine only? He walked towards me and placed a firm hand on my shoulder, he only ever did that when he was completely serious about something. I glared at him out of the corner of my eye and waited for him to leave.

 

When Eunkwang was completely out of sight I turned my attention to Eunjin once more. Now she looked absolutely terrified… and she should be. Taking my time with each step towards her, I kept my eyes locked with hers. I now stood in front of her, our chests touching at the close proximity. She had closed her eyes and looked away obviously petrified at what I might do to her. I snatched her wrist in my hand and brought it to my face. Faintly I could make out finger marks on her pale skin. That did it, I was furious. Gripping her wrist tighter she whimpered in pain and struggled to get away. Someone else had left a mark on her, on my property. So now I had to leave mine. My hand was like a vice on her wrist and she had to clamp a hand over to keep from screaming out in pain. Tears rolled down her cheeks and she fell limp in my hand, showing submission. I let go of her and she collapsed to the tiled floor in a heap. I just stood there and stared at her. ‘Why does she do this? Why must she betray me?’ The doubtful questions flew through my head as I tried to understand her actions. I couldn’t keep it in for much longer, we had to leave now before our secret gets out.

 

Picking Eunjin up by the waist I wiped the tears off her face and threw my jacket to her.

“Put it on, we’re leaving now.” I ordered in a harsh tone. She didn’t say anything but zipped up the jacket and placed her injured hand in one of the pockets. Sliding an arm around her waist, I pulled her down the hallway and into the lounge room once again. Everyone looked up from whatever they were doing and stared. Putting on a sheepish face I made up a lie about Eunjin being tired and wanting to go home and rest. They believed it and stood up to walk us out the door. Sungjae thanked his sister once again and gave her a bear hug, causing her to wince but try and act as though she were happy. The guys said bye and waved to Eunjin as we walked out into the school again. Eunkwang just leaned against the wall and said nothing, though he gave Eunjin a meaningful stare. Once we were out of sight of everyone I pulled Eunjin faster to the car and threw her in, slamming the door. I started the car and speeded down the streets as I raced to our apartment. The sky was still dark from this morning’s rain and it cast a gloomy shadow over everything. It matched my heart perfectly.

 

I parked my car out the front of the building and dragged Eunjin inside with me. I kicked open our apartment door and threw Eunjin into the lounge room. She started to cry again and now she had her arms wrapped protectively around her. The pent up rage was about to explode as I took excruciatingly slow steps towards her trembling frame. She knew she would get hurt but there was nothing she could do about it.

“P-p-please…” She stuttered and looked at me with pleading eyes. Nothing could stop me now. I grabbed her by the shoulders and threw her backwards. She tumbled into the corner of the antique piano that was placed along one of the walls. She cried out in pain at the impact and fell to the floor again, clutching her hip. The piano shook from the crash and a photo frame that was placed on top of it fell and shattered. Her tears came down in rivers as she rolled on the floor holding her side.

 

I looked at the smashed photo and saw it was a picture of us. We were hugging and had bright smiles on our faces. The glass had shredded it in several places and the wooden frame was broken. I looked at Eunjin once more and she dragged her eyes up to meet mine. She looked so hurt, physically but emotionally as well. I didn’t care, she had to learn her lesson and know she belongs to me. I would never let her be with another man, not like her…

 

I stormed out of the apartment and into my car. Ripping out onto the street I slammed my foot down onto the accelerator and sped into the drizzle. I didn’t know where I was going but I had to get away from here and clear my thoughts. Eunjin would suffer for now.

 

 

{ Eunjin POV }

 

I lay on the cold floor, tears streaming down my face. I was hurt, but not like the slaps or shoves I had received before. I was actually injured. My hip throbbed in pain and I could feel a trickle of blood moving to the waistband of my jeans. My chest and eyes burned from my erratic sobs and my head felt as though it were going to explode. I was confused enough before, but this was just torture. I just didn’t know anymore and it was beginning to drive me insane. I had no idea when Minhyuk would be back but I didn’t want him back for a while.

 

I tried to pull myself off the floor but the glass from the shattered photo frame embedded itself into my palm. The pain in my hip over powered all my other senses so I just pushed harder on the floor and heaved my limp body up. Blood began to seep from my palm and smeared across the wall as I stumbled into the bathroom. I collapsed onto the cold tiled floor and weakly opened the cupboard and reached for the supply of bandages and cotton strips. Lifting my shirt up I met with the sight of a small puncture wound and a massive blue and purple bruise that ran from my waist to the top of my thigh. The sight was enough to make me feel queasy as I unscrewed a bottle of antiseptic. Pouring some of the pungent brown liquid onto a cotton ball I pressed it against the puncture and hissed in pain at the burning sensation. I placed the cotton pad onto the wound and wrapped the bandage around my torso. I sighed and leaned back against the wall, trying to breathe normally, the glass in my hand forgotten about. My tears had stopped and now all I wanted to do was sleep and escape from reality.

 

And I did just that.


Hello again! So, how's the story going? And who do you think is this 'her' Minhyuk speaks of?

Comments and subscriptions are much appreciated.