Chapter [9]

On Rainy Days

 

Chapter [9]: Love countdown…

 

MinJung POV

I can’t believe.. no way.. NO FREAKIN WAY.. SiHan.. SiHan is Kangin’s brother.. he is still in coma? And is being hospitalized overseas…? Oh dear God…!!  And that.. that loser.. Kim YeSung.. the beggar I had thrown behind.. ends up being engaged to SiHan.. MY SIHAN…!!!!

Forget it.. am not gonna let all this crap ruin my plan.. SiHan will wake up.. and until then.. I have to get Choi brothers pay the price of their brother’s betrayal and misbehaviour.. am so gonna take revenge.. their gonna beg for mercy.. wait and see.. Choi family.. I will destroy you.. and that includes u.. the to-become-Choi-son-in-law… I swear I’ll destroy every single one of you..

End of POV

The year was coming to an end, it was mid-December already, and Christmas is around the corner.

"Sunbanim.. its almost closing time.. u can just go home first.. our ajhumma neighbour loves MaRi and all but we shouldn’t be thick-skinned, its almost 11:00 p.m its passes MaRi’s sleeping time plus its so inappropriate of us to let the ajhumma watch over her for all this long period of time…" Hyuk lectured YeSung while finishing up some calculation.

YeSung was half-asleep, merely peeking at his friend..

"mmmmmm…"

Hyuk smiled at the view of his friend.

"Hyuk…" SiWon walked into the cashier area where the other two have been staying at for the last couple of hours.

"yes SiWon..’’

‘’I and the sunbaes finished cleaning up..’’

‘’good job.. ‘’

He then looked over at sleeping YeSung.

"why are u guys still here.. everyone is gonna leave in a minute.."

"am staying a little bit more.. sunbaenim slept while working.. he over-worked himself the last couple of days."

SiWon sighed.

He tried to come up with all kind of excuses to avoid me for the past 3 days..

As if working his off will make his annoyance and anger over me fly away..

Ring Ding Dong Ring Ding Dong

Hyuk phone started ringing; he picked up the call quickly so it won’t disturb YeSung’s sleep.

He smiled immediately, and started walking away.

"SiWon-ah wake sunabenim up.. tell him I will follow him in about an hour…."

SiWon smelled something fishy.

LOL I swear this guy is hiding something :P

SiWon then walked close to YeSung’s side.

The elder was sleeping on the table with couple of folders underneath his head as a pillow.

SiWon dragged a wheel-ed chair, the one Hyuk was sitting at and seated himself right beside YeSung.

He placed he slowly copied the elder’s way of sleeping, looking directly at him.. the sleepy him.

Beautiful..

SiWon thought to himself before smiling.

He then started caressing YeSung’s silky hair.

I would have never thought of myself getting so desperate..

So desperate over someone..

Look at me hyung.. am secretly practicing my…

I won’t say that word..

I don’t love u..

Am just.. u just.. u make me waver..

My heart is anything but MY heart when it comes to u..

But its not my dilemma alone is it..?

U aren’t the same YeSung ever since..

R u also having a cold war with ur heart..

Is that supposed to make me feel better about myself..

And this little, whatever undefined thing between us is not a burden..

Not only for me..

YeSung was pouting all of a sudden.

SiWon fixed his way of seating, he was now sitting properly but with his hand still on YeSung’s hair.

He smiled.

“u never stop pouting do u…?”

“not when a creeper like u is disturbing my beauty sleep.”  SiWon was startled at first but then he found himself laughing at YeSung statement.

“just go home and sleep there, ur neck will get sore…”

YeSung's eyes are still closed and he didn’t move from his position.

“I thought ur angry….”

SiWon smiled again.

“interesting way of having a conversation.. no Boss am not.. why would I be…?”

YeSung peeked at him.

“u love to play angry.. the way u acted the last few days….”

“we didn’t even run into each other for u to assume am angry.. and why is that? Is because YOU were avoiding me, Mr. I don’t give a crap about u Choi SiWon”

YeSung jumped, sitting straight.

“I was..wasn’t avoiding anyone.. and hell yes I don’t give a crap about ur….”

“cute…..” SiWon said with a smile, more like staring at the elder.

“w…what? What’s cute…”

“the way u peeked at me earlier.. don’t do that around other guys….”

YeSung raised his hand and placed it on SiWon’s forehead, SiWon still maintaining his smile.

“u don’t have a fever.. what is it then? Split personality.. oh dear God” YeSung gasped causing SiWon to laugh.

A coughing voice was heard before Hyuk and DongHae stepped forward.

“oh DongHae-ya u just arrived.” SiWon asked.

DongHae smiled before nodding, he then turned to look at YeSung.

“HYUNG.. long time no see.. oh God u look so handsome”

YeSung smiled while Hyuk pinched DongHae’s arm.

“DongHae-ssi is the handsome one.. Considering I just wake up from a nap I look like a dead bug”

Everyone started laughing.

Hyuk and Hae dragged couple of chairs before getting seated.

“today.. mmm.. there is something I have to tell u guy all about…” Hyuk said in a nervous tone with a hesitant smile.

DongHae smiled before holding Hyuk’s hand.

YeSung and SiWon looked at each other before looking at the other two.

“NO WAY!!!!!!!” said YeSung in surprise.

Hyuk nod his head.

“i KNEW it” said SiWon with a victorious smile xD

“SINCE WHEN??????????” YeSung asked.

“well.. for me it’s from-the-first-sight kinda thing.. its just he was so thick-skinned to realise it..” said DongHae before receiving a slap on the arm from Hyuk.

That conversation didn’t last longer as DongHae kept receiving kick and pinched from “supposedly” shy Hyuk.

“am so happy for them.. omg how come I didn’t sense anything fishy about them before” said YeSung while walking out of the restaurant with SiWon.

“because ur thick-skinned.. what else?” SiWon said with a grin.

“yeah whatever Mr. investigator….” He replied with a frown.

They walked silently toward the bus stop.

Once they arrived YeSung looked at the younger one.

“its too late.. u should go.. “

SiWon grinned before passing YeSung and sitting on the bench available over there.

YeSung followed him and sat beside him.

“listen… I think.. there is something we have to clarify….” YeSung started.

“something related to what happened the other day on the amusement park…” SiWon added.

YeSung looked straight at the empty street in front of him.

“SiWon-ah… although the other day… nothing was said directly.. we both know that there is that thing we both are annoyed about.. maybe its not something people would usually get annoyed over but in our case….”

“which case… the case of u waiting for ur ex-fiancé to wake up from a coma, do u even know of he will want u back.. I know things weren’t going too well between u too before the accident…” SiWon said with a straight face.

YeSung turned to look at him.

“first of all he is NOT my “EX-fiancé” secondly whatever had happened or will happen between me and SiHan is none of ur damn business..” YeSung didn’t notice he was YELLING at the other.

SiWon smiled before looking away.

“how stupid of me… and for a second I thought u understand how….. u know what never mind….” And he stood up, ready to leave.

YeSung held his arm.

“I do understand….” Said YeSung holding SiWon’s wrist tightly.

SiWon turned to look at him.

“u do…? Then tell me.. what is it that u understand about this… about US!!!”

YeSung loosen his grip on SiWon’s wrist.

“its… its complicated….”

SiWon stepped forward holding the other’s shoulders.

“it SHOULD be.. it must be complicated coz its YOU YeSung.. when it comes to u.. even having a peaceful meal is not as easy as it sounds.. why? Because any crave for food, for drinks will vanish as ur radiating annoying hateful cheerful self will take over….”

YeSung looked up at the taller guy with a shocked expression.

“yes.. believe it or not.. Choi SiWon.. the rude, heartless, kid who happen to be the 3rd  inheritor of Choi family wealth.. the kid who never knew who to act friendly, how to be nice to his siblings, not to make any friends.. Choi SiWon is giving up.. I gave up YeSung.. there is no more room for confusion….”

“Si…SiWon-ah…what are u trying to say…..”

SiWon hands slide down to YeSung arms.

“that I can’t lie to myself anymore.. I can’t deny those feelings anymore.. no matter how hard I try.. and the thoughts of SiHan hyung… its…..” and he placed one hand on his chest. “its hitting the core of me… I can’t… I don’t even know… “ and at that moment the bus arrived at the bus stop and its auto door opened.

YeSung was looking nowhere but at SiWon.

SiWon-ah NO..

Don’t dare and say anything..

No more..

Plz.. I beg of u..

Coz then..

There is no turn back..

Not for either one of us..

“u don’t even know what….” YeSung asked holding SiWon arms.

SiWon was in the verge of tears so he tried to hold back.

“just… just go… the bus will leave in a minute…”

“u don’t even know what SiWon……..” he insisted, shaking SiWon’s body lightly.

“just GOOO”

“u don’t even know WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!”

“I DON’T EVEN KNOW IF LIKING U EVEN MORE THAN WHAT I ALREADY DO IS EVEN POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!” SiWon finally managed to speak his feelings.

They both froze.

The bus closes its door and left.. leaving them with a killing silence.

YeSung moved his hands to SiWon chest.

“tappon saram –bad person-…..” and he started hitting SiWon’s chest lightly.

SiWon looked away, it was hard for him, the whole thing was hard, restraining his tears, resisting to break-down in front of the other.. and the thoughts of betraying his own brother will start to haunt him down, that was a major concern, something he have to deal with from now on until God knows when.

YeSung then stopped and turn around.

“how is this possible… how did u manage to say it….”

“I am sick of denial.. sick of lying to myself….” SiWon said in a very gloomy expression covering his face.

YeSung then turned to face him.

“SiWon-ah… this.. its wrong…”

“it’s not…”

“what….”

“its me…”

“…………”

“its me whose forever is being screwed over… when I was born, I was a result of an affair… when I was added to the Choi family as the maknae all I received is crappy treatment from my stepmother and a father whose ignorant of my feelings..when I wanted to migrate I was forced to study something I have no interest in to satisfy the same ignorant father of mine who will never consider me as an inheritor so all the years I wasted studying in the state already gone for waste..” he stopped before stepping a bit closer to YeSung.

“even when I fell in love.. the one thing I persuade myself I will never believe in to experience.. it has to be the man engaged to my brother who got nothing in common with me but this face….”

YeSung released a tear before turning his back once again.

“life is never gonna be just.. even if SiHan wasn’t my destiny.. we will never… it will never work out between the two of us….”

“why…? Because its too hard for u to step down from that high class palace of dignity to admit having feelings for me…”

YeSung closed his eyes tightly.

“NO!! its because… this is not love… this is you clinging into people who make u feel like a loved one.. people u can trust and be ur self around… people who….” And YeSung stopped when he felt SiWon arms wrapping around his waist from the back.

His eyes widened in shock. He felt SiWon resting his chin on his shoulder.

“people who can make me smile just by being in my life… people whom God created so beautifully…” YeSung then shivered to the feeling of SiWon whispering into his ear.

“people who are the WORLD to me.. am not gonna give up on u.. even if I have to fight the world.. even if u didn’t wanna walk this path with me.. u will be mine YeSung.. I promise.”

 

2 weeks later

Just like what YeSung was telling himself.. things will NEVER be the same.. during the next 2 weeks.. a lot of things happened.. the first round of the competition were held and SiWon with 3 of his sunbaes made it to the 2nd round. Hyuk and Hae can’t be any happier.. things are working perfectly with them.. Kangin.. will Kangin now won’t mind being called a psycho if that will guarantee him meeting up with Teuk whenever there is a chance for that.. Hyoyeon wedding date is set to be sometime during February of the new year, most likely the valentine’s day :D their lives changed… they were all happy.. all??? Maybe…

“oh.. okay father-in-law. I understand.. please keep me updated.. am so sorry that u can’t make it to Seoul during Christmas this year.. please send my regards to mother-in-low….” Said YeSung before hanging up a call to his father in law, checking on SiHan health condition.

“any updates..?” Hyuk asked handing his friend a cup of coffee as the two were chilling at home.

YeSung shake his head as a NO.

“he said there is no sign of him regaining conciseness, not anytime soon…” YeSung said with a straight face.

Hyuk placed his coffee aside, walked to sit beside his friend.

“sunabenim… until when ur gonna keep with this act.. I know this has nothing to do with SiHan’s condition….”

“it has nothing to do BUT with SiHan’s  condition…”

Hyuk sighed before placing a hand on YeSung’s shoulder.

“sunbaenim.. u can just talk to SiW……”

“HYUK I TOLD U TO NEVER BRING THIS UP OKAY!!!!!!!!!” YeSung yelled before placing his coffee down and walking to his room.

Hyuk sighed before following him.

“u think avoiding the problem will make it solve itself….”

“the only problem here is ur stubborn head which is insisting that there is a problem when there is NOT”

Hyuk pulled YeSung to the side of the bed and both sit down.

“why are u being so cold toward him…”

“am not being cold.. there is nothing for us to talk about.. he is an employee and am his bos…”

“can’t u see how pale he looks, he is wilting….”

YeSung closed his eyes before hugging his legs.

“Hyuk stop it plz…..”

Hyuk sighed deeply.

“sunabnim stop torturing ur self..” and he moved closely to hug the other, YeSung was trying his best not to cry.

“I can’t look at him… I can’t be around him by my own.. I am not the strong me anymore.. if I go to him.. I will never come back to SiHan, Hyuk.. plz try to understand….”

Hyuk caressed his back.

“then u think running away or avoidance is the solution.. he is suffering too.. he is too young to deal with all of this….”

“ and u think am old enough, numb enough to let it slide.. am dying every day because I can’t see him,  our fights.. his teasing.. do u know how much it hurts.. missing those things.. its killing my inside….”

Hyuk looked at his now-crying friend.

“I would’ve never expect it to be that serious between u two..”

Hyuk gently turned YeSung to look at him, raising up his chin, the tears covering his face.

“u love him….?”

YeSung closed his eyes tightly, more tears digging a road along his cheeks. Before he push Hyuk’s hand away and avoid looking at him.

Hyuk let out a long, deep breath.

“hell yes u do…..”

YeSung started erasing away his own tears.

“this will pass.. I can endure it.. its just… I need sometime.. so don’t question my attitude toward him…”

“u love him and all u can do is cry like a school kid.. is this even sane hyung.. how.. since when love is something for us to push away and resist than for us to embrace and enjoy….”

“STOP it Hyuk… am engaged.. am in love with another man.. who happen to be his brother….”

“do u even mean what ur saying….?”

YeSung looked up at Hyuk who stood up.

“what do u mean?. Of course I mean it….”

“ur in love with SiHan still….?”

“HECK Hyuk of course I am… we were getting married… did u forget….”

“no I didn’t.. and at first I was strongly against the progress of ur relation with SiWon.. but I can’t stand seeing u destructing ur self like this.. and torturing him with u..u think the fake smile u draw everyday will deceive me..”

YeSung stood up and was about to leave.

“whatever….”

Hyuk then held his arm.

“if ur too coward to admit ur feelings.. then SiWon deserves love.. if not from u then from someone who can appreciate him.. someone who won’t hide, lie and fake his feelings…if u don’t love him, if u see no future for this.. then make it clear to him.. he deserves that much.. that single piece of info….”

The next day (Christmas Eve)

Hyuk, Hae, Teuk, Kangin,SiWon and YeSung were all invited over to Hyoyeon place for Christmas eve gathering.

“isn’t Christmas is a family gathering kinda thing?” DongHae asked while getting seated on the table.

“yes.. but since none of us have his family around then we are stuck with one another” Kangin said.

The bell started ringing.

“I will get that…” Teuk volunteered to open the door.

“are u gonna sulk all night long…?” Hyuk asked YeSung.

“I am not sulking. Am just tired…”

“ur famous line.. arasso arasso…” Hyuk said in annoyance.

“Our SiWon just arrived…”

“good evening..” SiWon greeted with a pale smile.

YeSung avoided looking at his side.

“SiWon-ssi finally… come in, please have a seat” Hyoyeon greeted him as the host of the gathering.

During Dinner.

“how come u didn’t call ur boyfriend over?” Hyuk asked.

“he is spending the night with his family..”

“I really wanted to see him.. poor guy.. I wanted to give him a long lecture of how he is walking down the path of misery by clinging into u…” Hyuk mocked her causing everyone to laugh.

“u anchovy.. if he was here I would have treat him as the prince of this gathering, look at u.. sitting 2 kilometres away from Hae….”

Hyuk grinned.

“don’t worry.. he sat there on purpose to get the entire cake for himself.”

Everyone then turned to look at Hae and burst in laughter at the view of cream moustache covering ion his face.

“am really glad u called me over Hyoyeon-ssi….” Kangin said with a smile.

“he is allergic to people.. u really did him a favour Hyo…” Teuk said before winking to her.

Kangin slapped his arm.

SiWon was completely out of it, he was playing with the olives in his plate.

Hyoyeon noticed that, she then looked at YeSung who wasn’t in a better status himself.

“SiWon-ssi… is also spending a lonely Christmas? Am sure ur parents are missing u, and Kangin-ssi….”

YeSung then FINALLY looked at SiWon’s side.

He gave her another pale smile.

“am sure they did.. its just that it’s a bit hard to tell about my mother though since she isn’t in this world anymore….”

Hyoyeon gasped in shock.

Teuk placed his hand on SiWon’s shoulder who touched his hand and smiled to him.

“am so…am so sorry SiWon-ssi… I thought its..”

He gave her a gesture of its-okay.

“am lucky enough to be here with u guys….”

That atmosphere didn’t last since they decided to go play some play-station, splitting into teams… Hae and Hyo in a team, Hae and Kangin in a team… YeSung was sitting there, half-spaced out.. it was when he noticed SiWon and Teuk standing out at the balcony.. he stood up and walked to their side.. its not that he was planning to join them.. he just felt like doing so..

“do u even eat properly, look at ur face.. it shrank…” Teuk asked in concern.

SiWon smiled.

“am fine.. don’t worry about me…”

Teuk sighed before walking closer to his side.

“is it YeSung issue again….”

YeSung turned his back, his back resting on the door of the balcony, while the other half of the door was opened.

SiWon closed his eyes and sighed.

“he looked so tired earlier did u saw that?” SiWon asked.

“is all what u worry about is him.. look at ur face.. until when u will carry on with this self-torture SiWon.. enough is enough….”

SiWon turned to look at his friend.

“do u know hyung.. when I and him used to argue all the time, when we were hanging out almost every day… when he tutor me on how to cook and serve customers.. all the time I was too close to him.. as I think about it now.. it would have hurt even more if that is still the case….”

Teuk raised a brow.

“what? What do u mean….?”

SiWon placed his hands in both pants pockets.

“I mean.. with me carrying such deep feelings for this man.. being around him.. observing his kindness.. his charms.. his smile.. his cuteness.. his warmth.. his hotness.. without being able to respond to that.. without being able to hold him.. to hug him.. to ensure myself that he is mine and will forever be.. if that was the case I would have lost all my senses by now…”

Teuk felt heartache listening to his friend, he tapped his back.

“u know hyung.. what’s even more painful that being too close to him without being able to have a hold on him….its… SiHan hyung….” And his voice started cracking.

YeSung hands were covering his mouth, he was about to start sobbing, he didn’t want to be found out.

“the thought of him being my rival…its…he is not even my rival…no no.. I would never be the one to beat him for YeSung’s heart.. not even for that.. SiHan hyung is better than me in everything.. he is kind, friendly, generous.. by all means.. he is someone to die for.. so I don’t blame YeSung for falling so hard for him..who am I in comparison to him? Am his sibling? We aren’t even fully blood-related.. he didn’t have a corrupted childhood.. he didn’t grow up adapting with that psychological distortion.. he never had to squeeze his heart the moment it beats for someone.. how I can I beat that hyung… tell me how…”

YeSung let himself slide and was now hugging his legs while sitting on the floor, crying his eyes out.

Enough..

Enough of this u idiot..

I can’t take it anymore..

Only if..

Only if I can tell u how I feel..

“what’s keeping me smiling is that am certain.. and I would swear.. YeSung loves me back.. maybe even more than the love I feel for him.. and that is the reason of my pain and happiness.. I can’t run to him.. or away from him..how pitiful u would say….”

Teuk pulled SiWon into a hug, and that all what he managed to do to ease his friend’s pain.

SiWon hugged him back.

“it actually is another lonely, sad Christmas hyung.. I wonder if it will ever be any sadder.. ever..”

5 days later (new year’s eve)

It was around 8:00 p.m when the same gang gathered, but this time it was in the downtown, along the Cornish, as there will be fireworks and huge crowd for the countdown for the new year.

“r u sure things won’t be awkward between them?” Hyuk asked once he get seated beside DongHae in the car, waiting for YeSung to get dressed.

“it won’t.. i will handle that.. Don’t worry…”

Hyuk sighed before looking at his watch.

“what is taking him so long anyway…?”

YeSung was late, he tried his best to get his things done, and luckily MaRi is sleeping over in Hyoyeon place so he don’t have to worry about her for the rest of the night. The moment he stepped out of the apartment, he was about to kick a beautifully designed box placed on his doorstop.

“what is this….?”

He was about to open it when his phone started vibrating in his pocket revealing Hyuk’s name, he throw the box inside his bag and ran to the elevator.

After a long lecture from Hyuk they manage to reach the gathering spot.

Hae called Kangin who just arrived along with Teuk and SiWon.

“OMO Doctor u look HAAAAAAAAAWT today” DongHae said staring at Teuk see-through long-sleeves.

Hyuk slapped Hae’s head.

Kangin looked at Teuk.

“its freezing and u still insist on wearing that.”

Teuk grinned.

“if I will keep receiving such compliments I will wear shorts next time”

Kangin glared at him and he just laughed.

YeSung peeked at SiWon who was talking on the phone and just hanged up.

“SOOOOO… let’s go, I reserved a table for 6…” Hyuk said with a smile dragging Hae along.

Teuk held Kangin hand which both YeSung and SiWon looked at in shock.

They looked at each other at the exact same moment then turned away. They followed the other, it was a bit hard keeping up with their pace since it was very crowded over there.. While walking toward the other’s direction, an old ajhumma pumped into YeSung causing him to fall on his arm.

“aaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!” YeSung moaned in pain.

SiWon who was behind him quickly ran to his side and hold him.

“ur okay? Are u hurt?” he then held YeSung left hand’s palm.

“! Its bleeding….”

“omg.. son.. am so sorry..” the ajhumma-more like a grandmother- bend to look  closely at YeSung.

“it..s..okay..mmm” YeSung managed to say, holding into SiWon who pulled him up.

“ I have an aid box in my car, please let me help treating ur hand…”

“no no no… no need….” YeSung said.

SiWon looked at him.

“what do u mean no need.. it will get infected, there is no pharmacy around to get u any bandage…”

YeSung was hating the fact that he is forced to have such a conversation with SiWon.

At the end they managed to walk to the direction of her car..

It was a humble one, as what’s expected from a granny.

She brought the aid box and the three of them sat on a bench close to her car.

SiWon was kneeling, facing sitting YeSung to help cleaning his wound.

The granny was observing the two with a silly smile.

“u two seems too close….” She said.

“we work together…” SiWon said with a smile.

“aaaah…do they allow co-workers dating.. the time before I retired it wasn’t allowed….”

YeSung looked at her n suspicion.

“halmoni –grandma- what r u implying?”

SiWon smiled knowing how is this conversation is gonna progress.

“I mean.. the two of u are young and good-looking.. u guys must be dating.. no??”

YeSung gasped and SiWon laughed in a low tone.

“WHAT? NOOOOOOOOO.. NO WAY IN HELL” YeSung moved a bit causing his bag to drop… the box from earlier fell out of it.

The granny bend to grab that.

She looked at both guy, as SiWon just finished wrapping some gauze around YeSung’s hand.

“omg.. that’s why u got all worked up a minute ago.. ur planning to propose? On new year’s eve.. how romantic….”

SiWon looked at the tiny box she was holding.

“what IS that?”  he asked.

“its… just… ITS NONE OF UR BUSINESS.. halmoni.. thanks for the help.. we have to leave now…”

And he grabbed the boz and his bag, holding SiWon’s wrist.

“how cute.. I know u guys need some privacy… awuuuuuh”

SiWon couldn’t hold his laughter anymore, that granny was so hilarious.

YeSung frowned before walking away dragging SiWon along, he was about to pump again into some other guy when SiWon pulled him to his side.. YeSung turned slightly to the taller guy’s side…”komawa…..” when he saw the granny still looking at them with her fingers crossed,.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAH CHINCHA” YeSung then walked away angrily.

SiWon turned around to see the ajuma waving at him before making the heart sign with her hands.

He laughed once again before copying her with the heart sign then following the forever angry guy to where they were supposed to go.

In the Restaurant

“so that why u guys were late.. hyung how is ur hand now?” DongHae asked.

“its fine….” He said with a frown.

SiWon smiled remembering the scene from earlier.

They ordered more food once SiWon and YeSung arrived, then all pairings were having little chats together.

SiWon looked at YeSung who was sitting beside him.

“what was that box from earlier?” he asked.

“oh yeah …..” YeSung then grabbed his back and got the boz out of it.

“I don’t know myself.. I found it on my door stop today…”

SiWon raised an eye brow.

YeSung then opened that slowly, then he gasped.

“OMG BRROWNIES”

And everyone turned to look at him.

“it looks unique, only one piece but with rainbow colours? Creative.. is it a gift?” Kangin asked.

YeSung looked so happy.

“well I don’t know.. I found it on my doorstop.”

SiWon noticed some writing at the bottom of the box. He turned it around.

“Dear YeSung.. I wish u enjoy the taste of colourful love.. best wishes”

“WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW its from a fan” DongHae said with a grin.

“is that eve clean…” Hyuk said before he continue eating.

YeSung saw SiWon looking at HIS brownies.

“yeah.. stop it.. u will create a hole in my precious fan-made brownies” YeSung said teasingly.

SiWon glared at him.

“fan-made bosen –whatever- “

YeSung grinned before eating his brownie.

They walked around the Cornish, enjoyed the view of the fireworks…

SiWon though was smiling every time he looks at YeSung. He felt ease at heart as the other was slowly going back to himself.. the real HIM..

He saw how mesmerized he was as the fireworks started playing.. he saw him rubbing his hands so he walked over to him and wrapped his scarf around his neck.

“ko…komawooo” he said hesitantly.

It was 11:45 p.m now… the gang decided to walk to the large area in the middle of the Cornish were a huge TV screen was positioned to air the celebration of new year from different countries..

The moment the guys arrived not really close enough of the TV but fair enough since they all can watch clearly.. the crowed was divided into pairs..

Seems that all the people around here are couples..

While waiting for the countdown to begin..

SiWon looked at HaeHyuk, Hae was back-hugging Hyuk whispering things into his ear..

He smiled before turning to Teuk and Kangin side, they were laughing over a joke maybe and Kangin was caressing Teuk’s hair..

He then turned to look at the man who was slipping out of his grip, even when they walk around he will lose him among the crowed..

YeSung… he was…? Praying??

SiWon walked a bit closer to him..

He was crossing his fingers.. smiling.. smiling. Smiling.. that famous annoying smile..

SiWon POV

I was looking closely at him.. for some reason.. I felt like touching his face… I couldn’t…no no.. I WOULDN’T fight this urge of touching his angelic face even if he punches me.. I slowly reached for his cheek when I felt a drop of water hitting the top of my hand… I looked around.. I looked up..

Is it raining…..?

“WOAH.. rain…? How come…? And it didn’t snow in couple of days…..” SiWon heard the crowd saying… but it wasn’t event that strong of a rain…

And “he”… he stayed still.. crossing fingers.. praying..

The chaos increased as someone whose more like a host announced that its 11:59 P.M EACTLY.. and that they will start the countdown..

I wasn’t bothered.. they are still at number 60…

I looked back at him.. he lowered his face..

Still praying…?

45..

He is no longer smiling..

30..

I see him touching his chest..

25..

Is it a necklace…?

20..

He is praying for someone…?

15..

He opened his eyes the moment the crowd reach number 10..

He then smiled again..

5..

He was excited..

4..

Started jumping..

3..

Shouting the number..

2..

Clapping..

1..

All the chaos then came to an end.. as saw all people around hugging.. dancing in groups..

…. I saw HaeHyuk kissing..

End of POV

“Happy new year SiWon-ah….” I felt Kangin hyung tapping on my shoulder..

“thanks hyung.. wish u one too…”

They all greeted and hugged… and.. it was their turn.. after everyone decided to head back home.. they are once again were left behind.. on purpose.. sort of!

YeSung walked hesitantly to SiWon side.

SiWon looked at him and smiled.

“Happy new year..” YeSung said.

“happy new year to u too hyug…”

YeSung hesitantly reached out his hand to the other.

SiWon was a bit startled.

“it’s a new year.. let’s start all over..”

SiWon remained silent for a second before reaching out his hand and shaking it with the other.

“ur not fully forgiven.. u have to get me brownies whenever u misbehave.. as a sign of compromise…”

SiWon smiled.

“thanks to you.. I am now so desperate to the point I hate those brownies coz u love them so much…”

YeSung smiled.

Its that smile..

The exact same one..

The one I hated the most..

The one I loved the most..

The smile.. that stole away my sanity..

Oh.. only of u know how much hatefully adorable that smile of urs is..

Only if..

“oh… ur scarf…..” YeSung started taking off the scarf when SiWon stopped him, holding both his arms.

“wha….u don’t want it back?”

SiWon let go of YeSung’s arms and held both edges of YeSung’s scarf pulling him closer.

YeSung hands were now pressed on SiWon’s chest, he looked up at the taller one with concern.

“SiWon-ah… what…? What was that for….?”

SiWon held the smaller man’s waist tightly.

“until when u think u will wander around..its time for u to receive ur penalty….”

YeSung stopped resisting the other’s grip and looked at him in confusion.

“penalty… for what…?”

SiWon slide one hand and placed it on YeSung’s right cheek.

“for u.. being created so beautifully.. so gorgeously for me to give up not only my sanity.. but my soul and heart if they ever allow u to go for another man….”

YeSung lowered his head before looking at the other.

“SiWon-ah…plz….”

And his pleading were interrupted…the moment SiWon smashed their lips together..

YeSung was beyond startled.. he was too shocked..…

Too weak..

Too needy..

Too desperate..

To push him away..

SiWon broke the kiss and walked few steps away from YeSung.

“when they did the countdown.. this exactly how I wanted to start my year off.. so if u.. if u are sick of my hyung.. if u really don’t have any feelings for me… if u want us to go our separate paths… then.. go away… before I finish MY countdown…”

YeSung was standing there, fighting his rapid heartbeats coz of that kiss earlier…

“three….” SiWon started counting.. taking one step ahead.

YeSung closed his eyes tightly.

“Two….”

He opened his eyes, his head is still looking down…

“One…..” he was now, merely 1 step away.

YeSung raised his head to look at the other…

“u still can run….” SiWon said in a sad tone.

YeSung smiled, a tear falling from his eye.

He didn’t reply, he just stepped forward and hugged the other tightly before pulling away quickly.

His face was 1 inch away from SiWon’s when he said.

“u better make it worth all the suspense during the countdown….” Erasing his tear.

SiWon smiled before pulling the other into a deep kiss.. so deep that they  both lost track of how many minute it lasted before SiWon broke the kiss once again, looking into YeSung eyes.. feeling their breaths mixing.

“I am SO.. in love with u….” and he kissed him once again..

Was it as long as the previous one…? Maybe., it was enough for their hearts to blend and emotions to take over..

Its not a love story..

Its insanity..

If u gave ur sanity for me SiWon..

I would give up my entire life..

To stay in ur embrace..

My love..!

End of Chapter [9]

 

A.N: forever a long chapter ;A;

So many typos/grammatical mistakes..

Forgive me for that ;A;

Thanks for all ur freakin awesome comments..

They cheer me up.. and make my day *hugs*