Chapter [4]

On Rainy Days

Chapter [4] : Devil.. Are u really a devil..?

 

“What kinda nonsense  is this...?” SiHan father said in a shivering tone.

“am sorry Sir.. but SiHan’s isn’t in a condition where he can be sent overseas to receive treatment.. for coma there is no alternative treatment.. in contrast, sending him overseas will most likely affect him negatively since he just entered the 2nd stage of coma last night... am sorry but this is my consultation and i take no responsibility of whatever decision ur going to make.” Dr. Lee bowed to Choi parents before leaving all four behind in a literally terrible condition.

Kangin held his father who was trembling in anger.. maybe in fear too.. he was old enough and what happened to his favourite child hit his core.

Mrs. Choi turned to look at her husband and elder son, tears swinging in her eyes.

“ur not gonna let our son die yoboo –honey- are u?” she walked closer to her husband. “our SiHan is going to get better... right yoboo?” she placed her hand on her husband’s chest.

“our SiHan will wake up.. he will surely will.. i mean he is just tired and will wake up once he feel better..” she started hitting her husband’s chest. “RIGHT YOBOO”  she started sobbing so hard.

YeSung who was holding back his tears walked closer to Mrs.Choi trying to calm her down, it was when he held her arms from the back when she turned around and slapped him right in his left cheek. Causing Kangin and his dad to gasp.

“because of u.. all of this is because of u.. ur such a curse.. ever since he met u the misfortune accompanied him.. nothing worked right for him.. even his smile vanished.. ur such an illness.. no wonder u have no family.. even ur parents couldn’t put up with ur awfulness...”

“Omma kemanhae – stop it-“

Everyone turned around except YeSung, who couldn’t help but feeling pitiful, letting the tears fall off if his eyes.

“SiWon ur here...” His dad walked to his side.

“who r u calling omma.. another beggar...” Mrs.Choi said before walking away to God knows where.

“ur okay...” Kangin asked YeSung with an unhidden concern in his voice.

YeSung erased his tears before nodding his head.

“YeSung-ssi....” The father interrupted. Both Kangin and YeSung turned to look at him.

“I need to talk to u... the three of u” He said, holding SiWon’s hand.

1 hour later in the hospital’s cafeteria

“BULL...”SiWon cursed standing up off of his seat.

“SIT DOWN...” Kangin emphasized before pulling him to sit down.

“But... Mr.Choi... I ....”

“call me father.. did u forget...? am ur father in law...” said the father with a warm tone.

“Dad, am not against ur decision but its not YeSung’s area.. he is a school teacher.. and running our company’s main restaurant branch is so irrelevant to his area of studies...” Kangin added.

“that’s my point Mr..... father...” YeSung stuttered.

SiWon was sitting there shooting hate glares to everyone including his father.

“I know.. and i really can’t picture him serving customers.. but my aim of this is that for YeSung to feel like home.. i want him to be part of this family.. not only because SiHan thought so and pushed it to the point of marrying him.. NO.. it’s because i have this strange faith on him.. and i also think that this experience will add to him.. in many areas.. PLUS.. this kid...” SiHan’s dad pointed at SiWon who now was looking at his Dad with widely open eyes. “i want u to supervise him..he’ll work under u.. in the restaurant.. teach him well”

YeSung POV

That night couldn’t get any worse.. Father-in-law’s offer startled me.. his words of praise.. it was more like fatherly praise and support.. i felt sincerity in his words.. but why me? Why now..? when SiHan needs me the most.. father-in-law is surely aware that this new job will consume all my time.. not to mention his weird request of me supervising his younger son.. that jerk of a son.. every time i remember our first meeting i feel my skin crawl.. for some reason i no longer have an issue of him resembling my SiHan.. i mean he surely do.. ALOT.. but his personality is way too awful to be considered as a blood-related person to my SiHan.. i smiled remembering his reaction when father-in-law told him about this training thing.. i mean he often have this frowning, angry facial expression but i held my laughter looking at his face.. it was priceless.. ironically.. he made me laugh when his mother’s words hit my core.. so badly.. but she is SiHan’s mom.. i can’t be angry at her can i..? i mean she is the reason my SiHan is in this world.. I’d rather be thankful.. am so thankful..

End of POV

Two days later

It was THE DAY.. YeSung first day as an assistant manager of Choi family’s number.1 brand restaurant ‘’Happy Day’’ ..

Isn’t that a childish name xD

YeSung didn’t really feel nervous as serving in restaurants wasn’t something unfamiliar to him.. he worked in almost all kind of jobs as he was making a living for him and his sis when their dad ditched them and his mom death after delivering his sis MaRi.

It’s been over 5 years though.. Since i last worked in cafe-restaurant area..

It was around 8:00 am when he pulled the restaurant main door making his way inside. He was surprised with the large number of people in there..

Isn’t it too early.. i mean, do people have time to have breakfast outside..? in a restaurant...!!

YeSung felt a hand placing on his shoulder from the back..

“its been a while.. sunbae-nim..”

YeSung POV

The last thing i expected was meeting EunHyuk... its been since forever.. we were besties ever since elementary school.. but he moved to Busan in junior high.. we are of the same age.. but that “sunbae-nim” thing is coz he was a bit lazy at school.. i used to be good at studying so he called me that.. it sounds weird when he don’t though =) so he is the manager of that restaurant.. no surprise as he always had good management and leadership skills..  furthermore, i felt more at ease now.. Hyuk being there is like a sign from God for me to take over this job and do my best.. SiHan will be so happy too.. he always told me that i can reach the stars.. all i need is faith and persistence.

Hyuk gathered all the workers, waiter/sses, the cook trio [ surprisingly there was only 3 of them ] based on Hyuk, the restaurant wasn’t that big in size but its always busy even on the morning of week days.. Some of them looked a bit uncomfortable with me, well.. first meetings are forever awkward anyway :P but the majority looked happy, as if a new member will be added to their big family. Everything was just fine until....

End of POV

“this is ridiculous just take ur hands off of me hyung.. this is my last warning...” SiWon screamed as Kangin pulled him inside the restaurant.

Everyone bowed once Kangin came in sight.

“Oh Mr.Choi ...” EunHyuk said with a nervous smile.

“TAKE IT OFF”

“EunHyuk-ah .. this is the kid i told u about.. YeSung-ssi is familiar with our deal.. plz endure his rudeness and there is 2 bodyguards out there just in case u needed their help.” Said Kangin giving SiWon THE LOOK.

Kangin smiled to YeSung who nervously smiled back.

“and YOU..”Kangin pointed at SiWon after taking his hand off of him.

“if u screw things up Dad will handle this and believe me u don’t want that to happen..”

“YOU...”SiWon glared at his elder bro while messaging his arm where Kangin was holding him earlier.

Kangin was about to leave when he suddenly turned back and looked at his brother before grinning.

“You can’t go back home..  Dad said that there will be an apartment for u in this exact building, upstairs.. so that there is no excuse for u to come late to work..” he throwed the key to YeSung who catches it with one hand.

“THE HELL....” SiWon shouted.

“Enjoy it.. Choi Junior” said Kangin before leaving.

And then a whole sequence of misery started ...!

“Manager Kim.. Mr.Choi was purposely breaking the plates instead of washing them today..”

SiWon : they slipped off of my hand.. is that illegal? Ungrateful people.. they should consider it an honour.. my giving them a hand in washing those dirty dishes..

YeSung : u mean breaking them.. [ the conversation will end with SiWon cursing at me before leaving to God knows where ]

“Manger Kim.. Mr.Choi added pepper instead of sugar to the coffee ordered by a well-known regular customer today...”’

SiWon : was it pepper..? it looked white to me..

YeSung : ur colour-blind..? how did u get a driving license? [another conversation where SiWon will continue cursing at me before leaving to another unknown destination ]]

“Manager Kim.. Mr.Choi is having an argument with one of the customers right now...”

YeSung ran to where that was taking place, Thanks God no one was using his fists... but...

“THE HELL is wrong with u...”

“quit that.. i said am new here and its just water that i spilled over ur pants so no need to cry like a school girl...” SiWon answered arrogantly before turning his back.

“You idiot.. who do u think u are...” the man held SiWon’s arm and turned him over to face him.

“Ajhussi why do u talk too much.. don’t ur mouth hurt.. Tisso –forget it- i will pay for the laundry.. how much does it cost.. 10$ ? 15$ ....”

“KEMANHAE...”YeSung stepped in.

“Sir.. am so sorry for my employee’s rude behaviour.. plz forgive me...” YeSung said with a bow.

“WHO DO U THINK UR CALLING RUDE...”

“SHUT THE HELL UP and get out of here.. NOW!!”

Gladly the situation was handled with the help of EunHyuk and the customer was served free muffin as a sign of make-up.

YeSung POV

I asked about SiWon.. it was almost lunch break-time and he is nowhere to be found..

“he is up there in the rooftop Sir...”

One of the waitresses told me .. he must be hiding there.. or might be running a party of his own.. who knows.. this kid is not spoiled.. he is a spoiled gangster.. its very hard dealing with him.. i had couple of student when i was a substitute teacher.. but they never pushed it to this extent.. he is terrible.. by all means..my predictions failed as he was sitting on a chair, with his legs placed on the circular table, crossed.. was he asleep...?

“SiWon-ssi...”

He turned his head to the side so he don’t see me.. i crossed my arms and called him again..

“it’s lunch time.. r u gonan take a nap now..? if yes then there is no lunch for you...”

“deceptive...” he mumbled.

“what did u say....?” i asked, not really getting what he said.

He put down his legs, stands and turn to face me.

“how did u get SiHan hyung to like u...? did u beg him..? bribe him... oh scratch that.. how could a beggar like u do so...mmmm.. i think there is only one option left.. seduction was it...”

I lost all my cool.. he pushed it too far.

“How... dare u...?”

“What? Ur pissed.. heart is aching...? do u think i will put up with ur ty act...? supervisor.. YOU.. THE ..  i would rather join ur family in mending before being supervised by a dirty like you....”

“BAAAAAAAAAAAANG” i slapped him.

“ignorant.. rude.. manner-less.. son of ....”

“SHUT UP” SiWon shouted, his expression was now scarier than anything else i have ever seen in my life.

“u know nothing about me..NOTHING.. and if there is anything i ever hated about SiHan.. is that he shares the same blood with someone as pathetic as u....”

and i left.. i don’t know how did the time pass by so quickly.. it was 12:30 am.. by the time i reached home.. Kangin was calling me.. i felt a bit uneasy.. he never called me at such time.. DID SOMETHING HAPPEN TO SIAHN????

“Hello...”

“Kangin-ssi ... what’s wrong? Did something happen to SiHan.. is everything okay..?’

Kangin laughed in a low tone.

“relax.. relax.. SiHan is fine.. i just left the hospital and his Doctor said that his condition is stable...”

I released a sigh of relief.

“how come u don’t stop by lately.. is it coz of the new job..?”

“no.. i do visit him every 2 days.. its kinda complicated.. i mean coz of Mrs.Choi.. and...”

“i understand....”

There was silence for a second before he resumed talking.

“i talked to Hyuk and it seemed that SiWon is giving u a hard time.. i assume he is going too far with that.. am sorry that u have to deal with all of that...”

I sighed once again remembering what happened earlier.

“its okay.. its not that i expected this to be an easy task anyway..”

“Did u see him leaving after work..? i mean I’ve been calling him for the past hour and he isn’t picking up..”

“No.. actually i left work too early today.. won’t he be home by now.. his “new” home..?” i said remembering how close his new apartment is from the restaurant.

“well.. i don’t think so.. not today.. maybe he is at the graveyard.. most likely.. i didn’t want him to go alone.. not at night...” Kangin said with concerned tone.

I gasped.

“graveyard...? why would he go there..?”

“its his mother’s 3rd death anniversary.. “

“w...WHAT??.... how come? isn't her your........”

“he is my step-brother..... from my father’s side.” Kangin interrupted.

That conversation didn’t last any longer.. i was now running.. running to the destination i never thought i would run to.. he is an orphan too.. today, 3 years ago.. his mother passed away.. not a normal death but ... a suicide.. she hanged herself.. all of a sudden i remembered my words to him earlier.. i was about to curse at his mom.. at that moment i was too upset to function that he was SiHan’s brother.. that his mom is my mother-in-law.. that how it would have been analyzed but no.. its even worse.. am running there... but what am i expecting.. is he going to accept my apology.. late condolences.. compassion.. do i even feel anything good toward this guy at all...? by the time i was almost done with mentally lecturing myself.. i was standing at the gate.. a small gate..but.. do i have the guts to enter there.. i mean.. its a graveyard.. it passes mid-night already.. i saw an ajusshi sitting there reading a book.. i sighed in relief and walked in.. i looked around.. i couldn’t see SiWon..

“He is over there...”

That ajhussi guided me to the corner where SiWon was .. with so many lights surrounding the walls of that graveyards.. my fears are pushed aside.. i was about to speak when i heard that sobbing voice..

“Omoni.. its November already..am i going to spend Christmas alone this year too..? my Dad promised to stop by but he never did.. Kangin hyung will just go to bed and leave me behind.. SiHan hyung is in another world now.. peaceful one.. although his beloved spouse is apart of him.. but am sure he is at ease.. this world.. its very cold Omoni.. people only looks for their benefits.. if there is no such thing they won’t even look at u.. But am not like that omoni.. am ur handsome son.. hardworking one.. i will prove them all wrong and do a perfect job.. i will always make u proud Omoni.. will u then.. forgive me.. will u still think of me.. will u ever.. wait for me...” he was now in almost hugging the ground, wailing so hard. “pogoshipossoyo omoni.... – i missed u so much-.. please come back to me...”

Then.. just then i realized.. how can cruelness be used to cover for our smashed hearts.

I cried.. it actually did happen.. and i cried for u.. Choi SiWon..

 

End of Chapter [4]

A.N: Thank u guys for all the subscribtion and views.. really appreciate it.. plz keep supporting this story.. and i wish i could read more of ur comments ^^ and yes a new character :) Hyukieee~