Chapter [3]

On Rainy Days

Chapter [3] : The Return of the Devil..

 

YeSung POV

Seoul’s streets were wet.. wet in an ugly way.. harsh.. and heartless.. i don’t even know how I managed to reach the hospital in a matter of 10 minutes.. i was purposely ignoring the risks of getting the car flipped.. i didn’t let SiHan’s friend drive.. he didn’t even bother arguing with me.. he handed me the car keys and said that he’ll stop by in the afternoon.. i was wandering those cold hospital corridors aimlessly.. all what i was mumbling was “SiHan.. surgery.. his room.. WHERE THE HELL IS MY SIHAN??” when a tiny lady dressing in light pink uniform – a nurse i guess - guided me to his place, pointing at the direction with a trembling hand. I don’t know from where I managed to generate all my powers to run, I ran to where SiHan was.. it was the intensive care room.. i froze in my place.. when i saw SiHan’s mom and Dad standing there with pale expressions .. SiHan's dad holding his wife close to his chest..

“His condition is stable now..”

I turned around to see a familiar figure.. sorta..!

“How... when... why did this...”

“he was drunk.. he got hit by a speeding car when he was crossing the street..” said Kangin with a straight face.

I slowly seated myself on the cold floor, i didn’t cry.. i couldn’t cry.. did i even have the guts to do so when clearly i was the reason behind all of this.

“its because of me....” i said in a stutter manner.

Kangin crossed his arms.

“i don’t think its the right place to talk about this... let’s go somewhere else and talk.. the waiting room out there will do...”

End of POV

Kangin got them both lemonade juice mostly to help YeSung calming down, not that he was panicking or crying, his status was worse, he was sweating and shivering in an abnormal way.

“so what...? couples have arguments.. why would he behave like this..? getting himself to drink that much.. SiHan have low tolerance to drinking anyway.. am sure its not how it seems to be.. and could u plz CALM DOWN.. he is fine.. he had a successful surgery and he is sleeping now under the effect of anaesthesia so relax..”

YeSung was holding his drink, still shivering.

“it wasn’t a normal argument Kangin.. our relation was on the verge of collapsing.. i can’t tell u anymore.. but whether its me, being the direct reason or not.. i will never forgive myself for this.. it was raining heavily last night.. how did i let him leave in such a condition.. that was harsh.. inhuman.. it was..”

“do u love him that much...?”

“love.. this word.. didn’t even begin to cover my feelings for ur bro.. it will never do...”

During the next 3 days

SiHan condition was stable.. just like what Kangin assured me with.. his Doctor told us that he will regain his consciousness in a matter of a week.. the accident affected his liver so badly.. he lost alot of blood.. so a blood transfusion was needed with large quantities.. it was even more heart-aching for YeSung..

We have the same blood type.. i couldn’t even help him.. not with this.. not the slightest bit..

The marriage preparation were in hold now.. they won’t bring this up as a topic of discussion.. not anytime soon..!

Choi parent’s undefined treatment toward YeSung was added to his long list of dilemmas.. Mr.Choi will smile coldly at him when he stop by to check on SiHan.. while Mrs.Choi will just simply ignore his existence.. YeSung didn’t blame them.. he kept telling himself that if they knew that he is the reason behind SiHan being in this condition they would have hated him even more.. so for them to coldly treat him assuming that he is the only one they can throw their anger at, at the moment isn’t something he’ll blame them for.. !

YeSung POV

During that one hour where Choi parents are away, and Kangin who would stop by for a maximum of 1 hour in the evening to check on SiHan then leave.. i had that one precious hour of privacy with him.. i would set there, monitor his sleeping figure.. how his chest moves up and down in a constant rhythm as he breath, how he’s 100 times more attractive when he sleeps.. looking at his dry lips.. i wish that kissing him softly will wake him up with an annoyed expression all over his face =’) i held his hand, it was cold..  very cold.. it never felt as cold as it feels now.. i smiled remembering the 1st time we held hands.. i was being my grumbled self whenever SiHan will play the oppa role.. i didn’t get why he was insisting to be romantic doing such things when he knows that i will mock him to death.. stupid me.. only if i can turn back time.. i would have held his hands tighter.. and never let go..only if..

End of POV

In Kangin’s office

“that’s it.. are there any other papers i need to sign for today?”  Kangin asked before closing the file in front of him.

“No Sir, but Mr.Choi called earlier today and asked if u could call him back once ur done with ur schedule for the day.”

Kangin frowned.

“SiWon.....?”

“yes Sir.”

“Did he tell  u anything else...?”

“he just said that if u didn’t manage to spare anytime to call him today, he will contact u once his plane lands in Seoul international Airport this evening.”

“SIWON IS COMING BACK FROM THE STATES...!” Kangin almost shouted.

That evening in the Airport

“AISH.. how did i get so unlucky.. Tch.. why did boss choose me to accompany his donseng out of all people why me x___x why today.. am going crazy chincha ><.. the plane landed 30 minutes ago and that spoiled brat in so where to be found <___< as if i bother looking for him among the crowd :/ hold on let me check the pic Secretary Hong gave me again.. WOAH.. he is fashiniosta CHINCHA a fashiniosta =.= no wonder :/ he is Choi family’s maknae, he is surely is a wealthy kid.. just my luck.. crying rivers of envy tears.. i don’t even know why I didn’t quit this company already T___T all they do is mentally torturing me T.T OMO.. OMO.. isn’t that ... its him...”

DongHae ran toward the guy who perfectly resembled the photo his holding and have been cursing for the past half an hour.

Excuse me.. is this Mr. SiWon...?”

The fashionista guy took off his sunglasses and looked at DongHae from bottom to top.

“Did Kangin hyung send me his driver to pick me up..? that’s nice in a rude way.. carry these bags.. my arms are sore.. where did u park the car again...?”  said SiWon before walking toward the exit gate.

DongHae tightened his fists before shooting hate glares at the taller man’s back.

“u little arrogant ungrateful creature.. DRIVER? WHO? ME? Ur going to regret this u loser...”

“YA.. are u deaf.. hurry up.. carry the bags and drive me to the hospital.. i want to stop by to check on SiHan hyung before going home.” He said with a nicer tone to the last statement.

DongHae sighed to release his anger and did what he was told.

In the hospital

Choi parents just left, it was almost 1:30am and they already spent the entire day in the hospital. YeSung was still there, Kangin also joined as it was a weekend the day after so he decided to sleep over..

“u can leave i will stay for the night.. “ Kangin said seating himself on the bench placed on the corridor where SiHan’s room is, just beside YeSung.

“u know my answer already...”

“what about ur sister.. how can u leave her alone at home.. she is an elementary school kid...”

“my friend Hyoyeon is taking good care of her.. thanks for ur concern Kangin...” YeSung said with a sincere smile.

Kangin sighed before crossing his legs.

“what do u do for living YeSung..? SiHan told me once that u were a middle school teacher, trainee..”

YeSung laughed in a low tone.

“i didn’t know u guys actually talked.. SiHan was isolating himself from u guys in a weird way.. sometimes i felt that even the mention of his family will freak him out..”

Kangin grinned.

“its coz he believe that he don’t belong to us.. for some reason all Choi family members are emotionally corrupted, searching for a core reason won’t help.. its by default... ironically thinking that u and SiHan getting married will add a new member to this weird, emotionally disrupted family.. as u ur self is an orphan.. so that whole family union and concept is not something u will help promoting in ur new originally emotionally broken family.”

YeSung POV

I looked at Kangin and my heart felt so heavy.. is this what SiHan was thinking.. is this why he felt so different when his family topic was brought up randomly into our discussions.. was he that hurt..? that much broken inside.. for no clearly defined reason just like what Kangin said.. was he...

“I’ll be back..” he said before his figure disappeared from my sight.

I  didn’t get to resume my trail of thoughts as i felt someone walking to my side and stopped right there.

“is this the right room..? AISH.. where the hell is Kangin hyung.. didn’t he say he’ll be standing in front of the room...”

This voice was familiar..i raised my head to look at the person standing few steps away from me.. and a gasp escaped my chest.

“Si..SiHan.. SiHan-ssi...” i stuttered.

The guy tuned to look at me with an annoyed expression.

“who are u... ? and who exactly are u calli....”

I ran to his side and hugged him so tightly, like i have never hugged him before.. i actually.. never hugged him before.

“SiHan-ah u nappon saram –bad person- how dare u do this to me.. do u even realize how terrified i felt.. i thought i was going to lose u, when did u wake up.. what exactly happen.. how did u change into this.. why are u....” i didn’t get to finish my sentence as i felt the guy pushing me away, he pushed me so hard that my back hit the floor.

“SiHan-ssi what did u just...” i was struggling to talk as my back was hurting like hell at that moment.

The guy was fixing his sleeves and shirt, as if it was sprayed with some dirt.

“you psycho.. how do they let mentally disturbed people wander around in a hospital.. the hell is wrong with them...”

My eyes were tearing in pain.. is it the back pain coz of that push...? yeah.. and heart-ache due to the weird version of SiHan am looking at right now.

“Aish my 100$ shirt is all crumbled now coz of this ajhussi ><  “ the guy added with an arrogant tone.

“SIWON STOP IT”

I turned back to see Kangin who looked down at me before helping me to stand up.

“Hyung.. where the HELL have u...”

“SHUT UP.. “ Kangin turned to face me. “ur okay..?” i weakly nod my head before turning to look at SiHan, the one Kangin just called... SiWon..?

Kangin sighed before looking at that guy.

“I went out to look for u, i didn’t know u already arrived here and i assume ur the one who hurt this hyung of urs so u better apologize.. RIGHT NOW..”

The guy smirked before crossing his arms.

“why would i.. he is just a psycho.. or maybe is creating a show to get some cash.. never mind.. throw him away and guide me to SiHan hyung’s room.. “

“who are..u??” i managed to ask barely feeling my knees.

“he is my younger brother.. I and SiHan’s younger brother.. SiWon..”

“Nice intro bro.. so who is this dude.. is he ur driver? But i met that guy earlier.. hahaha don’t tell me he is ur housekeeper...” That guy added before laughing in a loud tone.

“He is SiHan’s fiancé.. do u understand now why did the SHOW from earlier was overly done.. Mr. Manner less ignorant...”

End of POV

Not that he answered.. not that he showed any apologetic expression.. he turned his back and left.. and i was left with pain.. lots of it.. as that one sentence kept echoing in my head for the night..

“SiHan-ssi stable condition is no longer a good sign.. today’s check up results showed that he entered the 1st stage of a chronic coma...am sorry Mr. Kim...”

End of Chapter [3]

 

A.N: nothing much to say but that YES there is also DongHae in this story.. [ any EunHae fans around ] coz am considering adding new characters.. am so glad for all of u who've subscribed to this fic :') not to mention the views who are close to 300.. am really thankful :') i wish there will be more commetns coz i wanna know what do u guys think and if there is any recommendation or suggestion u would like to provide me with.. i will be more than happy :')

 

P.S : i won't be posting on Miracle community for sometime, but i will be doing so here in AFF, YeWon community and KangTeuk community, also u can view my updates on my live journal.

Sorry for any typos/grammatical mistakes..

 

Comments are LOVED <3