Chapter [5]

On Rainy Days

Chapter [5] : Am falling..

 

A.N: Many parts will be written from YeSung & SiWon POV without the need to mention that in bold..

Three days have passed and SiWon was not really the same SiWon we knew.. he was quite, unexpectedly obedient but clearly more isolated than before.. he won’t even eat with the others during the lunch-break.. YeSung was avoiding him too.. indirectly.. they didn’t have any eye-contact ever since that incident.. and it’s just made YeSung feel worse..

“what...? r u serious...? how could all of this happen... i mean.. why didn’t u tell me before...?” Hyuk said with a shocked tone as he was preparing to drift off to bed.. Hyuk moved to YeSung’s place right after the 1st week for YeSung at work.. Hyuk was living in a very small apartment in which he didn’t like at the first place.. so he end up moving out.. and YeSung can’t be any happier to have the other’s company.. they are still gonna share the rent payment though..

“i just told u.. what difference did it make.. i felt like crap after talking to Kangin.. and SiWon’s attitude lately is making it even worse..” YeSung said, laying in his bed..

“well.. u can be a bit more lenient with him.. try and deliver ur mission just like what Mr.Choi senior told u and that is fair enough.. don’t over think.. it’ll be just fine..” said Hyuk before turning off the lights..

And that what happened..

The next day was a Sunday, so we decided to run a maintenance campaign for the restaurant, again, it wasn’t that big in size but still it needed regular cleansing.. we divided up the tasks, 3 people to handle the restaurant, 3 for the toilets and 3 for the tables, chairs and the floor of the main serving area.. those latter were Hyuk, myself... and him...!!

He was indifferent from the past few days, once the missions were divided he turned his back and went to the far-est area from us and started wiping the tables and cleaning the chairs.

I tried to ignore that and started wiping the windows while Hyuk was sweeping the floor.. One of the waiters started playing some catchy music that JUST fit to the mood, i found myself dancing, well sort of.. while doing what i was doing.. until i pumped into him..

“Owuh...”

“Sorry...” he said without looking at me and walked to the next table.

I sighed before turning to his side.

“Ya Choi SiWon.. come here..” i gestured to him to come closer.

He did, still avoiding any eye-contact with me.

“ur shirt...” i said.

“what...” he said with an annoyed expression.

I gave him a wry smile before pointing to his shirt.

“u either pull up ur jacket zipper or go change in a one-piece shirt, there are female workers around, even if its not a working day u should stay strict to the dress code...”

He looked at me with sarcasm dripping off of his eyes.

“did u spent the night brainstorming for stupid reasons to pull off a fight with me.. how old r u? Aren’t u the hyung here...” he said before turning around.

I held his arm and turned him around.

“well am sorry to tell u that i have full authority over u to the point i can get ur nice hair shaved if i find it inconvenient sight for me.. so pull that damn zipper up before i lose my cool...” YeSung said, with a hidden giggle.

“Tch.. and what if i don’t...”

“its not optional my dear....” said YeSung before throwing his towel aside and pulling up SiWon’s jacket zipper up.. quickly.. and was now left with his face.. 1 inch away from the other..

SiWon gaze was blank.. totally.. while YeSung froze..

He got SiHan’s eyes.. nose.. even the eyebrows..

SiWon now was looking closely at the other.

“ajhussi.. even though the states is way too far but the personal space rules still applies..” then he held YeSung’s wrist and pushed him away lightly.

“don’t ever into my business EVER again...” he said before walking away.

YeSung smiled..

For a second.. i thought u will carry on with the gloomy act.. at least i got to see SiHan on u.. maybe.. someone a little bit more attractive.. when he gets all pissed off..

SiWon POV

It was around 3:00 p.m when we finished all the cleaning business.. after having a late lunch, in which i decided to join the others with after few days of strike.. they started planning for how to spend that exhilarating evening.

“What about we all go to the Karaoke...?” one of the waiters suggested.

“WOAH what a good idea.. Manager. Lee what do u say...?” another asked.

EunHyuk looked at YeSung.

“if Manager Kim is coming i will surely go...”

I looked at him, my so-called brother-in-law, he was spacing out, until Hyuk poked his arm.

“ah..oh.. mmm.. i think that will be nice and refreshing” he said, putting his usual smile, the one that caused me the chills.

“so everyone is in... what about u maknae...” one of the waitresses asked.

I looked at her before my eyes landed on him, he was... waiting for an answer.. an approving one.?!

“i don’t do boring business.. not with the company with old people.. thanks for the meal..” And i made my way out of the place, upstairs to where my new apartment is taking place.

End of POV

That night at the Karaoke

When everyone was enjoying the music and the funny dances..

Hyuk and YeSung were drinking on the side.

“don’t tell me ur leaving coz he didn’t join.. sunbaenim.. ur pushing this too far..”Hyuk said in an annoyed tone.

YeSung sighed before crossing his legs.

“am not.. its just that Kangin called and he said he wanted to meet both of us and the only suitable place for now is the restaurant that’s all..”

“when r u meeting him...?”

YeSung checked his watch.

“its 8:00 p.m so after an hour.. i should leave now...”

Hyuk frowned.

“okay.. i will see u at home then...”

YeSung POV

I waved to Hyuk and made my way out of there, it was fun.. really fun.. i don’t remember coming to the Karaoke before.. maybe once.. back in high school.. Tsk.. that idiot call this boring business.. no wonder.. he is an ultimate ignorant.!! Speaking of him.. would he be at the restaurant.. or at his apartment at least.. i don’t want Kangin and i wasting the night looking for him.. its not that he have much friends here.. does he...?

And there was when all of a sudden i remembered that scene earlier from the graveyard.

“am i going to spend Christmas alone this year too..?”

And here is my heart aching again.. he must be lonely.. i mean.. he is the outcast family member.. that what Kangin told me.. but isn’t that a bit harsh.. i mean he is rude and all.. but aren’t they his siblings and parents.. they share the same blood.. they should give him a room to express himself.. i don’t think he is that bad.. he just.. he need consultation and some care.. that’s all...

End of POV

By the time YeSung was drown again in his sea of thoughts, he was now standing right in front of the restaurant.

“its 8:20 p.m ...there is still sometime...”

He walked in and saw the lights were all off, except the ones on the kitchen..

Is he there...?

YeSung walked slowly to the direction of the kitchen, making sure he don’t pump into anything since its really dark.

“Aish...Tch..its too bitter.. and this taste like nothing but milk..its not even normal milk its too sweet ><

Is he making coffee.. he can’t even manage getting the ingredients right.. aish.. this guy really xD

SiWon was so annoyed, he poured all the coffee he made onto the sink and stared at the coffee machine.

“how come u always make good coffee unless its me whose using u.. are u my anti..”

“Hahahahahah....”

 SiWon almost jumped from his place.

“OMG.. u scared me to death...” and he closed his eyes before exhaling.

YeSung tried to hold back the laughter and go back to his bossy image from earlier.

“Ya.. u can’t even make a proper coffee.. a DRINKABLE one.. how old r u...? in ur age i mastered all the French dishes...”

SiWon gave him the look.

“yeah.. clearly there is nothing u can’t do Superman... now leave me alone and make sure to knock the door next time...”

YeSung grinned before walking closer to his side.

“u can’t even use this.. its easy... look...” and he started showing SiWon how to use the coffee machine.

“what?  I pressed that button but the milk didn’t come out...” SiWon said dumbfounded.

YeSung glared.

“u should make sure that the pipe inside is placed inside the milk bottle u idiot...” and he gently strike SiWon’s head.

“this ajhussi chincha....” SiWon complained and YeSung flash him with his perfect smile.

“easy right.. now give it a try...”

SiWon hesitated for a second but decided to do what he was told.

“first the choco.. then the sugar....”

“no no u add the sugar at the very end based on the customer choice.. some might even prefer brown...”

“okay.. so then its the boiled milk... so....”

“watch out ur hand....”  YeSung pushed aside SiWon hand that was about to get burned by the hot milk but...

“AAAAAAAAAAAH....” he end up burning his own.

“OMG kinchana – r u okay- this is my fault .... hang on there i will get u the ointment.. just set here.. come i will help u ...”  SiWon held YeSung closed and helped him sit on the nearest chair.

“I’ll be back...” he assured YeSung who nodded, his eyes are tearing up.

SiWon then brought the aid box and pulled another chair close enough to YeSung..

“here.. give me ur hand...”

And he rubbing the elder’s finger’s with the ointment.

YeSung closed one eye and looked up at SiWon with the other.

“tell me if i pressed a bit hard hmmm....” SiWon asked, focusing on the other’s hand.

“mmmmm...” YeSung said in a low tone.

Oh god what is this feeling..

He then wrapped YeSung left hand with a supporting bandage.

“am sorry...” SiWon said, not looking at the other.

YeSung smiled.

“its okay.. its not my 1st time burning my hand..”

“really...?”

YeSung nodded before pulling up his left arm’s sleeve.

SiWon was startled by the view of YeSung brownish skin.

“but this was long time ago.. i was a kid.. fooling around in this kitchen.. so i end up spilling this big pot with boiled water on my arm.. am still alive though...” and he gave the younger another smile...

SiWon smiled weakly.

“Oh....” YeSung gasped.

“what? Is it hurting...?” SiWon asked in concern.

YeSung shacked his head as a NO.

“You smiled....!!!!”

SiWon looked at him in confusion.

“u actually know how to smile..”

SiWon didn’t get upset as expected. He actually smiled again.

'‘and its a dimpled one.. see.. two dimples...”

Both start laughing.

“although u resemble him alot.. SiHan smile is totally different...”

“yeah.. he got a bright smile..” SiWon assured.

“bright but its lacking... it lacks the pair of dimples...”

SiWon smiled for the 100th time on that half-an-hour.

“so what? ur too mean to admit that my smile is nicer than his...?”

YeSung loses his smile and was rather staring at SiWon.

“its not just nicer.. its 100 times more mesmerizing...”

And there was silence...

This ajhussi..

Its that feeling again..

Why does he feel so different..

Is this even a stomach ache..

“YeSung-ah.. SiWon-ah u guys are here....?”

There came Kangin’s husky voice breaking the iced silence.. that silence that will draw new paths.. that will break its own iced self..

30 minutes later

“am so sorry YeSung-ssi....” Kangin said in a low tone.

“So.. SiHan hyung will be sent to Germany.. but u said earlier that HIS Doctor didn’t recommend that...” SiWon asked in an angry tone.

“Mom insisted and Dad is giving up.. its like he lost faith on SiHan regaining his conciseness....”

Both Choi brothers looked at YeSung.

“when is he leaving....” YeSung asked in a weak tone.

“9:00 pm tomorrow night...”

8:45 p.m The following Day

“omoni.. what do u mean he can’t have a talk with him.. he is flying overseas in no time, God knows when they are gonna see each other again...” Kangin was on the verge of losing his cool.

“as if i care.. move out of the way...” and she made her way inside the room where SiHan was sleeping.

SiWon looked at YeSung who was standing there lifeless.

“am sorry.. i really don’t know why she is acting like this...” Kangin apologized.

YeSung forced a smile and nod his head.

“u don’t have to apologize.. i just.. one last look is enough for me...”

“The patient is coming out in the wheeled-bed please move to the side..” the nurse announced.

And that was it.. Choi parents positioned on the sides of SiHan and the nurses blocking the tiny angles where i can peek my last look at my SiHan.. i managed to see his face.. he was sleeping peacefully.. he was a bit pale.. did they even take good care of u when they told me to stop visiting u..

Why does it break my heart.. the view of him.. he is collapsing.. why does it hurt ...?

I  held them back.. my tears.. when SiHan vanished from my sight.. i bowed as a goodbye to Kangin and gave a quick look to SiWon who was standing behind me.. before leaving that dismal place..

SiWon took one step ahead before holding back..

Shall i let him leave in such a condition.. he looks terrible..

I felt Kangin hyung hand placed on my shoulder.

“he needs to be alone.. but he shouldn’t.. he might get himself  hurt..”

And he wasn’t left alone.. i found myself following him like some sort of a school girl secretly following her crush..

Why am i even thinking of this.. it makes my skin crawl..

Where is he going anyway..?

He was walking too slow.. dragging his legs seems so troublesome for him.. his face.. i couldn’t see his face clearly..

When did i turn into his personal guard..

Damn this.. i can’t even get myself to leave him either..

He was now among the crowd, about to cross the street.. i checked the sign.. its green.. thanks to my parents i was born tall otherwise i would have lost him among the crowd but i can still monitor him from up there xD wa...wai...wait a second why isn’t he walking... all the crowd crossed the street already.. why did he stop..? i checked the sign again.. its red.. i can see few cars speeding to our direction.. i looked back at him he is acting weird.. is he feeling dizzy..

“YESUNG-SSI....” i screamed..

He reeling-ly turned to my side..

“Si...Han... ssi...?”

There was no time to get him back to his senses, i found myself running to his side and pushing him to the pedestrian stop zone as we both fell on the ground with me on top of him..

I felt pain in my chest but i managed to pull apart.. i looked at him.. his forehead was bleeding..

“Damn.. r u okay...? do u hear me...?”

He smiled to me.

“YeSung-ssi.. r u okay....”

He maintained that smile, yet tears started falling of his eyes.

“He is up there.. flying away.. but he sent me someone to save my soul... but why does it still hurt....” he pulled my hand and placed it on his chest.

“its hurting even more now that am not up there.. that i didn’t fly away to god..  i wanted to ask him to keep my SiHan alive.. to revive him.. am i asking for too much SiWon-ah.... i... i just wanna die.....”

I never knew.. in my 21 years of life.. i never knew i will ever be able to alleviate someone's grief.. i found myself hugging him so tightly.. i found myself crying silently.. i found myself thinking..

If love hurts that much.. why do we fall in it at the first place...?

End of Chapter [5]