Chapter [6]

On Rainy Days

Chapter [6] : of touches, confusion.. and denial..!

 

SiWon POV

After that night.. we never met.. he didn’t show up in work for the next 2 days and i tried to ask Hyuk about him but.... i was too stubborn to do so.. what if he thinks that am starting to care for his “sunbaenim” or whatever he calls him.. it annoys me.. the fact that HELL yes am worried.. i mean.. what happened that night wasn’t just a simple incident that will pass by just like that.. YeSung.. [ it still feels so weird on my tongue.. his name is just.. it give me all kind of mixed feelings.. that’s why i don’t wanna call his name.. not even in my self-monologue ] he was on the verge of breaking apart.. that night.. i couldn’t sleep.. not for the following two nights.. all kind of thoughts traveled back and forth on the back of my head.. how can someone possibly love others in such a way.. he was as if he will just die like that if i didn’t hold him back.. as if he have no other reason to live for.. my questions about human behaviour subsides and were replaced of concerned questions when he didn’t show up for the following two days.. it was already Wednesday.. and unexpectedly i saw him.. i was running kinda late for work [ just 3 minutes late =,= ] and the moment i pushed the glass door to enter the restaurant, i almost pumped into him.. i was frozen for a minute.. he seemed to notice my shock so he just causally smiled..

“Oh.. SiWon-ah u just arrived.. the others are changing into their uniforms.. what about we all have breakfast together today...”

And he flashed me with his ANNOYING smile.. that beautifully annoying one..

That day, i surprised myself, the only thing i did was staring at him, how he eats, how he drinks, his side profile, his annoyingly nice attitude toward his employees, i mean.. i didn’t even realize it was so obvious until one of the waiters remarked.

“Maknae is there something wrong with u today? U created holes in Manager Kim face, am not even the one being stared at and its giving me a hard time trying to have a decent meal...”

The others laughed for some reason and ... he looked at me with a silly face before giving me that annoying smile once again.

“Staring? Tsk.. ajhussi.. seems ur aging too quickly.. better go get ur eyes-sight checked...”

And i was about to stand and leave when Hyuk held my wrist.

“if ur done eating, wait at the cashier spot.. there is an announcement to make today....”

20 minutes later

Everyone gathered at the spot where Hyuk mentioned, for my surprise, Kangin hyung was also there.. he was smiling like a fool that caused me Goosebumps.

His smile is so creepy..

The three of them, Kangin, Hyuk and ... brother-in-law or whatever his name is *.* stood in  a line before Kangin hyung started talking.

End of POV

“I will make this short.. i called u guys for a gathering today to announce something i would personally call quite interesting.. My dad and I used to run a competition in each of our “Happy Day” branches around the country once a year, every year the competition will take place in that particular branch.. this competition aims to test the employee’s cooking & backing skills and a little bit more as it requires u coming up with ur own dish, whether its a dessert, a main dish or even an appetizer.. so this year, its “Happy Day” branch turn to give it a try and help promoting the quality of the food and services of our main branch’s restaurant... the judges will be Myself, Manager Hyuk and another representative from our company.. as for the awards, the people who will place at the 3 top positions will get a 20% salary increase and 1 extra month added to their yearly vacation along with a symbolic gift like an iPad or Galaxy Tab, i don’t know.. anyhow.. this is what this meeting is all about... any comments? Questions...? concerns...? its time for u to ask questions” Kangin concluded.

“how long is the period of the competition..?” A waitress asked.

“one week... it will take place 2 month from now” Hyuk answered.

“is everyone obligated to take part or is it optional.?” Another waitress asked.

“its absolutely of ur choice.. so its optional” YeSung answered with a smile.

“are we done.. my legs are sore....”  SiWon commented causing the crowd to burst out laughing.

YeSung couldn’t help it but smile.

Kangin on the other hand gave him the look and since no one had any more questions or lousy comments to make xD everyone were allowed to go resume their work..

Kangin dragged SiWon to the rooftop and they had a quick conversation.

“what do u mean i have to take part..  i can’t make coffee for myself.. u want me to take part in such a challenging competition.. plus i am not looking for all those lousy awards so quit this hyung....” SiWon said in an angry tone.

Kangin smiled.

“my cute little donseng.. u think u have the choice not to enrol in this...”

“what.. what do u mean...? u said its optional...”

“it is but not for u.. in ur case the awards thingy doesn’t apply to u.. if u place on top 3 u will have a complete different reward..”

“which is....” SiWon asked showing some interest.

“i can’t tell u but it’ll be a valuable one so make sure u do well...”

They chatted a little bit more and Hyuk joined later. SiWon asked Kangin for DongHae’s phone number since he is not allowed to use any of the family cars so he had to get someone to drive him here and there.

“am not sure if i have his number.. i asked Secretary Hong to add it.. i don’t know if she did.. take my phone.. check that ur self...” Kangin handed his phone to SiWon and continue talking with Hyuk.

How annoying , i can’t even use my motorcycle.. it’s not that they brought me that.. i paid for it with my own money.. this family CHINCHA ><

SiWon luckily found DongHae’s phone number so he typed it down on his phone and saved it, before handing the phone back to his hyung he noticed the picture his hyung used as a background.

Woah yeppoda – pretty- lol she looks like a movie star.. i didn’t know Kangin hyung have such interest hahaha.. Ah how can someone be so pretty O.O

For the 2 following weeks

YeSung POV

After that speech of Kangin alot of things changed.. it’s like he pushed up everyone’s spirit and flied away.. i saw more smiles.. some are nervous some are ambitious.. and more and more dedication on everyone’s eyes.. except that one.. SiWon.. he was giving me a headache trying to figure out what kinda person he was really.. i mean it’s true that i had a very bad impression on him.. but thinking of everything else happened after that i get more and more confused.. i saw his tears when he ran to his mother’s grave.. i saw his smile when we were making coffee the other day.. i sensed his compassion the day SiHan left and i was prevented from meeting him.. i saw his concern and care the day i broke-down after SiHan’s farewell.. and now he is all careless and lazy.. he will be watching SpongeBob on his break times and i can hear him laughing his off watching gag concert with the Chief trio..

is he even mentally stable..

We didn’t really talk since that night, i will just stop by the restaurant after closing time of an hour and so on to check on him.. he was secretly practicing in the kitchen after work.. i knew he would do so.. although he was showing no interest on this competition at all at first..

Maybe its the iPad that tempted him.. i can picture him watching Pororro while sweeping the floor or washing the dishes xD

I laughed at my own self-monologue.. i peeked once again and i saw his famous frown expression before he started cursing the guy who wrote that cooking book xD

I knocked the door this time so he won’t lecture me on manners and so..

“its u again...” he said, still looking annoyed.

I walked closer and crossed me arms while looking at the mess he created.

“what are u doing...?”

“nothing...” he said still frowning and started cleaning the table.

I looked around and i saw flour, sugar, cream and some choco..

“were u backing...? chocolate cake...?”

He looked at me with a funny sad face.

“it never gonna work, i already wasted two week trying to master this and all what i got is a semi cake tasting like chicken.”

I  couldn’t help but laugh so hard at his comment.

“u got the right components.. just to avoid wasting more materials.. look and listen to me carefully... “

I pulled up my sleeves, got the ingredients ready and started the first session of cake baking.

“isn’t that too little sugar...”

“nah..its choco-flavoured remember..? no need for too much sugar...”

“woah the flour looks so fluffy...”

“is this a teddy bear.. its dough.. idiot”

SiWon kept asking stupid question and  throwing10 times more stupid comments.. but at the end we got our choco-cake ready.

“TA-DAAAAAAAAAA..” i said with a smile of victory.

I looked at SiWon at my side and he was holding his laughter.

“what..?”

He started laughing.

“what is it? what so funny” i was annoyed now.

He grabbed his phone and placed the screen in front of me.

My hair and nose and chin were all covered in flour and cream.

“AISH...” i started cleaning my hair and i wiped my chin, then i felt SiWon finger touching my nose.

“what a waste of cream.” He said before the cream he erased from the top of my nose.

This jerk.. isn’t that a little bit too much.. it’s disturbing ><

For the next week we continued our past-mid-night cooking tutorials, he was a complete idiot but he was learning quickly and i can see him enjoying it. We prepared sea food meals, desserts, pizza and had that one session of how to decorate the meal u serve.

Today was almost the last class, we prepared pasta together and this time i did nothing but observing SiWon while working. It was time to taste the very first meal he prepared without my help or assistance.

I took a small quantity in a spoon and slowly swallowed it.

“hmmm.. any good news...? digestion issues...”  SiWon said in a worried tone.

I looked at him, then to the plate then back to him.

“this is a disgrace to mankind...” i said and he sighed.

“coz even Italian cooks won’t be able made such tasty pasta.. NEVER..” i added with a wink.

“CHINCHA” he almost screamed... “YES!!! Let me taste it let me let me taste it..”

And he thought it was a bit salty and yes it was but yet it tasted great.

“just to apply what we learned for decoration of meals watch closely..” i added and started cutting some tomato, cucumber and carrot and shaping them like flowers and faces for the meal to be an eye-candy.

“and TADAAAAA..”  i smiled before turning around and... i almost gasped.. my back hit SiWon’s chest, he was standing right behind me, his arms trapping me between himself and the table behind..

We were having a very awkward eye-contact..

“You....” i wanted to say something but i felt my cheeks burning.

He looked directly into my eyes.

“u said i should watch closely.. how come i don’t think it’s close enough..”.

I was having breathing difficulty, did i start sweating -_-‘

I tried to look away.

“so did.. u get.. what .. i just did..” i stuttered.

I felt his sharp gaze striking my face.

“Very pretty...” he said in a low husky voice..

I swallowed my saliva.

“SiWon-ah.. this is ... not right.. just .. move aside plz...” i stuttered feeling the sweat covering my forehead.

SiWon gave me that silly expression before stepping backward.

“what.. what did i do.. i just said that the pasta presentation is really good...”

I stood there for a minute trying not to lose my cool and punch him right in the face.

He was laughing sarcastically.

“ ur so funny.. look at how ur sweating hahahaha that was so funny i swear.. only if u saw ur face POUAHAHAHA” he started laughing loudly and i felt my blood boils.

That jerk.. this is so freaking embarrassing... AISH ><

I was about to leave him behind and go kick a table or do anything to run away from this awkward, embarrassing situation.. i gave him THE LOOK and was about to make my way out of the kitchen when i felt SiWon holding my wrist, turning me back and pushing me a little bit too harsh until my back hit the refrigerator.

“Stop it with the childish act SiWon.. am so pissed right now...” i yelled at him.

He looked so calm all of a sudden and stand there looking straight into my eyes.

“that day... were u really going to let ur self die.. just like that.?”

I was so startled by his questions that i lost all my energy all of a sudden. I lowered my head and felt my eyes turning watery.

“i don’t wanna talk about it..” i said with my head looking anywhere else BUT his face.

I felt him losing his grip on my left hand’s wrist before he held my hand.

“that burn..its all healed now..?”

He looked at me with a pale smile.

“i didn’t want SiHan hyung to turn back home and receive bad news about u.. i thought that rescuing u is the least i could do for him.. that’s why...”

“that’s why u helped me that night and bravely saved me from my own reckless behaviour.. don’t worry SiWon.. its not like i will never think that its ME whom u care about...” i said feeling my heart heavy.

“its ..its not like that...” SiWon said with an angry one.

I smiled to him weakly.

“u did a great job so far..i think our tutorials ends here.. u will have to practice what we learned on ur own..” and i pushed his chest gently away trying to make a room for myself to leave when he held my arm again..

“YOU....” he said with an angry tone but his eyes were showing pain.. we stood there for a second before a knock on the door was heard.

“Mr. Choi.. DongHae is here.. i brought u the stuff-...OMO.. YESUNG HYUNG  o.O”

And that gloomy night was over with my reunion with another old friend.. my childhood friend, Lee DongHae.

End of POV

The next 2 days and the weekend passed and that tension didn’t subside, SiWon was so angry that he will be screaming and getting pissed over the silliest things while YeSung was spacing out most of the time.

“hyung where are u?” Hyuk called YeSung.

“i was supposed to get MaRi to drift to sleep but Hyoyeon insisted that she will take her along with her.. she said they have women issues to discuss” and he laughed recalling Hyoyeon funny comment

“PERFECT.. so u have nothing to do now.. u have 30 minutes to get to Vox Cinema in down town..”

And YeSung failed to turn down Hyuk offer under the latter’s persistence.

In front of the Cinema

“are u sure SiWon is coming..?” Hyuk asked.

“i think so.. he was acting all creepy lately... but he nodded when i asked him to come over.” Added DongHae while eating his ice cream.

“these two are having another argument.. both were acting so weird lately...” Hyuk said, looking right and left.

“Oh.. there is SiWon” DongHae said waving at the younger guy.

SiWon walked to their side.

“i thought ur not coming...” Hyuk said with a nervous smile.

“Nicolas Cage is my forever favourite actor, i decided to bear with the boring company to come and watch his movie...” SiWon said with a pale smile.

 

JERRRRRRRRRRK ><

 

DongHae gave him THE LOOK and Hyuk just smiled.

“well we are so glad u decided to bear with us for the night.. “

“oh... there is YeSung hyung...”

SiWon face turned colourless hearing YeSung’s name.

“Hi there sorry-...” and his eyes met SiWon’s. “sor..sorry for being late.”

“its TOTALLY fine.. the movie will start in 15 minutes let’s go grab some food” DongHae said, dragging Hyuk along.

YeSung smiled weakly trying to break the iced awkwardness.

“ ur here too..”

“just for ur luck.. a horror movie and my company.. not ur best day...” said SiWon in a cold tone before making his way inside following the other two.

YeSung sighed before looking around.

Its not my best day for sure.. its freezing..

They got the popcorn and coke before getting seated.

Hyuk purposely sit on the edge of the row of chairs with DongHae to his side, leaving SiWon and YeSung with no other choice but setting beside each other.

It was very uncomfortable at first before they all got totally hooked up with the movie to think of how awkward their seating order was.

SiWon though felt YeSung moving alot on the seat beside him.

He looked at him and saw the elder turning away whenever a violent scene will appear, it was one bloody movie to be honest. SiWon raised an eyebrow seeing the other closing his eyes and looking right and left to avoid watching the screen, but peeking each in a while.

SiWon couldn’t help finding that cute. He smiled to himself before leaning to whisper to the elder’s ear.

“the last time i checked, this movie is +18 rated, did u miss ur way and end up watching horror instead of  Ice Age?”

YeSung felt his ear tickling due to SiWon’s whisper so he annoyingly turned his face around and....

Their lips touched...!!

They briefly brushed on each other.

SiWon eyes went wide while YeSung almost screamed. He suddenly stands up in the middle of the movie before SiWon pulled him down.

OMG OMG OH MY GOD.. that didn’t just happen..

YeSung spent the rest of the movie mentally cursing himself while SiWon was secretly peeking at the other. A hesitant smile is to appear on his face.

The hell is wrong with these lips of mine.. STOP SMILING >< u will burn in hell xS

The movie was FINALLY over and the 4 guys made their way out of the cinema.

“WOAH what a freaking awesome movie.” DongHae said showing his perfect smile.

“i ate too much but am still hungry.. shall we go eat pizza...” Hyuk asked.

“GREA IDEA hyung :D” DongHae said before looking at the other two.

“what’s with u two.. why r u so quite.?” Both SiWon and YeSung looked away.

Hyuk smiled.

“DongHae-ah what about we run to that pizza place over there” and he pointed at a small pizza-Hut shop at the end of the corridor “and who arrived last pays for the pizza.”

DongHae  didn’t bother replying as he started running.

“YOU.. STOP THERE.. YAAAAAAAAAAAA” Hyuk shouted before following the other.

SiWon smiled before looking at the other.

“ur not coming...?”

YeSung smiled awkwardly before making his way to follow his friends.

The dinner was so much fun with DongHae funny jokes and Hyuk imitating singers and drama scenes.

SiWon couldn’t carry on the cold-act and just causally joined the gag-show the other two were running and YeSung was on charge of filming them. Maybe to blackmail them in the future lol.

It was almost 12:00 am and they were on their way back home.

DongHae drank alot of soju so he was reeling and was leaning on Hyuk.

SiWon was smiling at the view of drunk DongHae before he turned to look at YeSung behind him. His face was red. He was rubbing his palms and blowing some air in between.

is he feeling cold..?

SiWon stopped walking and YeSung stopped too, looking at the younger one.

“u should have wear some gloves, its already September..winter is no joke.”

YeSung was still feeling awkward from earlier so he smiled and nodded.

SiWon looked at him for a second before walking closer to him.

He placed both his hands on YeSung’s cheeks startling the other.

“this won’t do...” he said before holding YeSung left hand and placing it inside his own Jacket’s pocket.

“this is the fees.. ur tutorials were helpful... alot.”

YeSung smiled thinking of how SiWon helped melting the awkwardness from before.

They didn’t talk on their way home.. not a single word but both couldn’t stop recalling that “almost-kiss” from earlier.

Isn’t this an indirect date.. Hell.. i don’t even know why am i acting this way.. ur gradually  losing ur sanity Choi SiWon.. thanks to Mr. I-forgot-my-gloves, scared-cat-over-horror-movie.. over here :P

 

That Night

That was an accident YeSung..

SiWon was about to drift off to bed when Kangin called him to come over and sleep in his place.

so get ur head straight..

They talked about alot of stuff..

How come i feel happy and uneasy all at once..

Including YeSung..

Idiot.. stop smiling xS

He wanted to know everything about him.. who is he really? How did he meet SiHan? How did they fall in love.

That jerk.. did he sleep..? i bet he did already.. then u can sleep YeSung.. it was nothing.. NOTHING.. so just get over it..

SiWon POV

The next day i wake up from sleep with a heavy heart.

He is an orphan with a 6 years old younger sis to look after.

I dragged my legs to get off to work.

His dad disappeared in a mysterious way after his mother passed away giving birth to his younger sister.

Kangin hyung was deep asleep still.

He had a girlfriend for 4 years but she ditched him to look after her career, she is said to be a celebrity.

I managed to catch up with the bus.

He worked multiple jobs to pay for the fees of tutoring all for the sake of retaking his final examination in which he messed twice before due to unfortunate accidents.

I was now standing in front of the restaurant’s glassy door when i saw HIM..

I pity but respect him, he can still keep it together despite his inner collapses due to SiHan critical health struggle.

I sighed deeply before walking in.

I really like this man and am sure if SiHan ever to be happy that will be coz of this one man called Kim YeSung.

“Oh maknae u arrived...” one of the waiters said and i saw HIM turning to my side.

I avoided looking at him.

“i don’t feel like having breakfast i will pull off with cleaning the kitchen.”  I said and walked quickly to the direction of the kitchen.

And that how it worked all day, i can feel them, his gazes, his glances, his annoyed expression.. i can feel them all but i had no guts to look at him.. i was mad at him or maybe coz of him..but mainly.. i was mad at myself.. why? Not coz he is someone to pity and i treated him like crap.. its because am about to completely lose my mind.. because of this one man..i feel like suffocating.

End of POV

It was around 8:30 p.m when Hyuk sent SiWon to do a quick grocery shopping since the kitchen was running out of some vegetables and others.

He was heading back to the restaurant when he saw YeSung standing outside the restaurant talking to a lady, a very familiar figure to SiWon. She was having her car door’s open while leaning on it while talking to YeSung.

Who is she..?

SiWon walked a bit closer, close enough not to be seen but to be able to hear what was the two of them talking about.. for some reason the atmosphere between them didn’t look so good.

“what do u want now Min Jung...?” YeSung asked with a straight face.

She smirked before crossing her arms.

“its Min Jung now....? not Min Noona anymore.?!”

YeSung sighed.

“if u think i up to get this job then i didn’t.. and i have enough authority to kick u out of here and politely ask to never show up in front of me ever again.”

She smirked once again.

This woman...

“YeSung-ah.. look straight into my eyes and tell me.. how did u get to run a restaurant owned by Choi family.. who did u fool to get this job.. coz apparently...”

“coz apparently someone whom u forever look at as a pitiful beggar is not capable enough of having such a job  with my lacking qualification.”

She laughed out loud.

Kangin hyung’s phone..

“BINGO.. u still have ur smart head.. so yeah.. who was it that u up for to get this job.. or did just beg and dragged MaRi along to create a more convenient show...”

YeSung was looking at her with burning eyes.

The woman on the background pic..

“i never begged anyone and will never do.. u ask ur self how did u jump from a stuntwoman to female lead in a matter of few months.. i think ur up skills surprised even ur self....”

She lost her sly smirk and glared at him.

Is YeSung’s ex-girlfriend...?

 “u stinky loser.. u forgot the days when u borrowed even my shoes coz u couldn’t afford one.. how u used to starve for days and get some leftovers to eat.. how u used to beg me to keep an eye on ur sis when u were wandering streets begging people for money.. when u were....”

“when i used to work 6 jobs all at once to help u pay for ur acting classes fees.. i remember that too...”

She was taken aback by that comment and was about to continue her attack when YeSung’s name was heard.

“YeSung-ah...”

Both YeSung and Min Jung turned to the source of the voice.

SiWon ran to their side.

“Sorry baby.. i had to do grocery shopping before stopping by.. ur not mad are u...?” he smiled, slightly out of breath.

YeSung was looking blankly at the younger when Min Jung gasped.

“come on.. don’t give me that look.. am sorry love...” and he pulled YeSung closer before kissing his forehead.

YeSung felt his heart skipping a beat. His brain wasn’t functioning what the hell was SiWon saying and doing at that exact moment. With all the cold act from earlier and ignoring him all day long.

“Si....SiHan...SiHan-ah....”  Min Jung stuttered and both men looked at her with wide eyes.

How does she know my SiHan’s name...?

......................

Who the hell is this woman...??

End of Chapter [6]

 

A.N  : it took me 3 hours straight to write this chapter and it turned out way too long.. sorry for that :/ and thanks for all ur comments and subscriptions :D

Sorry for any typos/grammatical mistakes.

Comments are loved :D