Chapter 10

Taking Back What I Said

Now that the concert is over and I’m back home in my warm bed, I couldn’t help but think of my rejection. To tell you the truth I kind of expected him to still like me but I can’t blame him. That’s two years to get over someone (or in my case, fall for someone) and that seemed like more than enough time.

And Jae was probably right, like always. Our friendship has already survived this once. Why would it be a problem the second time?

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I had done all I could up to this point. If Hyukkie didn’t like me, then he didn’t like me. The only thing I could do now was stay good friends with him and keep him as my best friend forever. Especially if I wanted everything to stay the same between us.

All this thinking made me really tired and I decided to go to sleep for the night. I probably sound love sick but I fell asleep thinking about Hyukkie. It was one of the best nights of sleep I have had in a while.

----------------

The Day Before School Starts

I was so sad that summer was just about over. I still had summer homework I needed to finish too. The best idea came to me when I decided to have a last minute study session at my house so we could all finish our homework!

Soon there were four of us sitting around my room trying to finish the rest of the homework we were supposed to do throughout summer. We had all procrastinated on a good portion of the work but who could blame us? Summer is supposed to be for having fun, relaxing and taking a break from school! Not for more school. But in order for any of us to get into a good college, we needed to do a lot more academically.

Yunho and Hyukkie are working on a math problem so Jae took the opportunity to talk to me about what happened at the concert.

She pulled me into my kitchen telling the boys that we were going to grab some snacks. Since she knew where everything was in my house anyways, I let her do most of the work. This was her idea anyways. But it didn’t take too long for her to bombard me with questions.

“So from what I could see in there, you guys aren’t going out. But you seem fine. Did what I tell you come true?” she inquired.

“Haha, yes. The almighty Jae was right again. We’re fine so I’m glad that this hasn’t become a big deal,” I told her.

“Ahh I knew it. But that’s good. And who knows, maybe he will end up falling for your lovely charms again now that he knows the feeling is mutual,” she said trying to cheer me up.

“Hmm.. maybe. That’s all up to Hyukkie now,” I commented as we made our way back to my room with snacks in hand.

-----------------------------

A/N: So these next few chapters will be a little more like fillers. I want to show the friendship between Hyuk and Hae and also between Yunho and Jaejoong. They aren't in this story nearly enough xD 

@AyaniELF: I'm sorry about that T^T That must have really , I hope everything is better now~