The First Date

Can't Help Falling In Love With You

 

Curious, I go through his phone. I know I’m not supposed to but I just can’t help it. I open the note section and see a brand new note Onew just made a few minutes ago.

“Woa, LA fans are so awesome, this must be one of the best concert. I hope to come here again.

In the crowd, there was a girl with an amazing smile, she smiled at me when I sang. She gave me more energy to perform. I wish I could get to know her, but how do I suppose to find her in this sea of people. The girl with the amazing smile, where are you at?”

I was the one who smiled at him, at least one of the fangirl. He could be talking about me.” I smile to myself

For the last two days nobody has called to claim the phone, so I thought Onew doesn’t need his phone anymore. But after the third day, a phone call comes. The contact name appears as “JongHyun”. JongHyun oppa?

Yobeoseyo?” I pick up and answer the phone

Oh! Yobeoseyo! Dangsinneun hanguksaram imnida?” A male voice answer, it’s not JongHyun’s voice though. I could recognize the voice no matter where it is. It’s Onew who calls.

Ani eyo. Cheoneun hanguk saram ani eyo.” I nervously answer

Oh um, hello. I’m the owner of the phone. By any chance could we meet up and give the phone back to me?” Onew asks

You are Onew right?” 

Yes, I am Onew. How could you possibly know that?” He asks in surprised

I bumped into you at the parking lot a couple days ago at the concert.

I don’t really remember, but let’s meet up on Saturday. I’ll text you the info later, is that fine with you?”

Sure, we’ll meet on Saturday. Anyeonggi kaseyo.” I say goodbye to Onew

That was a three-minute conversation over the phone, but it was enough to make me the happiest camper alive. I even get a date with Onew on Saturday. Well, not exactly a date, just to return his phone, but I still get to see his face.

 

I make sure I come super early just to wait for Onew to come, but my car broke down and I end up being 30 minutes late. I arrived but Onew is nowhere to be found. I sit down, and wait for him. 

He’s a busy person, he probably just a little late, I could wait.” I console myself.

One hour passes, and then two hours passes, and three and four. It’s now 10 PM, no one is in the coffee shop anymore. I wait and wait but he doesn’t come. I decide to leave when Onew sends a text to his phone saying:

            “Sorry, I can’t make it. I have a very important interview right now. I’ll see you some other time ^^

            “He stood me up!” I scream inside my head as I’m leaving the empty coffee shop. “He’s a celebrity, he probably doesn’t have any time for me. I’m lucky he doesn’t send his manager or something to pick up his phone. Pshh.