The Phone

Can't Help Falling In Love With You

 

                        May 20th, 2012

            “Hurry up guys, we need to get there as early as we could. It’s not like we’re the only four there!!” I say in an impatient voice.

            Today is the day that SM Town Concert comes to Los Angeles, three of my friends and I, Juliet, are going to the concert. This is the very first time in my entire 16 years of living, I go to a concert. It’s not just any normal concert, it’s a concert that all of my 17 biases will be there.

            I have been a Kpoper for a very long time, I had biased many Korean groups and celebrity but none of them could compare to SHINee. I love all five members of SHINee, but there’s just one of them that I love more than anybody else is Onew. I could sit here and go on and on about all the great aspects of him but that would takes hours, even days.

My parents are really strict about me going out with friends, so I spend most of my times on the internet looking at videos, pictures or news about Onew. I adore Onew, everything he does I find it so cute and sweet. I go out of my way, trying to find audio of him singing and listen to it every night before I go to sleep. Every time I hear Onew’s voice, it makes me feel so happy, my days suddenly turn brighter with a little help of his voice. His voice is so warm and sweet, it makes me love him even more. Okay, call me obsessed, but I know I’m not. If I was obsessed, I wouldn’t still be home at this time while Onew is at the stadium getting ready for the concert. If I was obsessed, I would even go to LAX on Friday when they just landed to LA just to see them for probably a couples of seconds, just to walk the road they walked and breathe the air they breathed, but I know there’s a fine line between reality and Kpop world. Without all that being said, I can’t believe I’m going to see Onew in a few hours. I mean like the real him, not just pictures, not just videos of him that I replay a thousand times on my laptop, but Onew, in the flesh. 

My parents don’t make a lot of money, so I know if I want to go, I have to save up my own money. Months passed and I finally saved up exactly 400 dollars for the ticket. I make sure the seat that I get is the closest to the stage so I could get a good view of Onew and my four other boys. I know this concert is not just for SHINee, but all other groups from SMent, but I only need to see Onew for a few minutes, my heart would be satisfy for a while.

45 minutes later in the car, we finally arrived at Honda Center. The concert doesn’t start until three more hours, but I come early for the rehearsal and to admire Onew from afar. The concert finally starts. When SHINee comes out, the first thing I do is just like every fangirl else, I scream Onew’s name, for his attention, but silly me, he doesn’t notice. 

I’m a die-hard Shawol. I know every line to their songs, every fan chants there is and every dance moves they make, there is nothing that I don’t know. SHINee makes their entrance onto the stage and say hello to everybody, I just stand there and look at them in awe. How could they be so close to me right now I ask myself in my head. Just when Lucifer intro starts to play, my thought gets interrupted. The music plays and I, together with all the other Shawols scream the fan chant:

Lee JinKi, Lee TaeMin, Kim JongHyun, Kim KiBum, Choi MinHo, SHINee, LUCIFER!!

I thought I was dreaming when Onew is standing right above me and singing with his angelic voice. Oh, how the song is so relating to me right now “Your undeniable spell is the Lucifer. Your undeniable magic is the Lucifer. When I approach you with your angelic face, tell me the reason you live is for me.” The lyrics of his song are not wrong.

When Onew makes his appearance to sing “Can I Have This Dance”, I am stunned. It’s like I fell in love, I see nobody but him. There are thousands of people here in this place but I felt like there’s only me and him, face to face. Just when I thought nothing more perfect could happen, Onew walks to the place where I’m standing, he reads my “Keep Calm and Onew Condition On” poster and gives me a sweet-like-candy smile. I melt. This is officially the best night of my entire life.

            4 short hours later, the concert finally over. I get to have a little glance of Onew’s face when he goes out to say goodbye to everybody and that is it. That is the last time I would be able to see his angelic face, so I thought.

            My friends make a small stop at the gift shop, but I couldn’t bring myself to. I feel so down, so blue that I don’t know how drag my feet outside of the stadium without everybody smothering to death. The posters and the light stick in my arms I bought to support SHINee suddenly comes crashing on the ground when I bump into a person. I immediately saying sorry nonstop to the person and pick up my stuff.

            “I’m so sorry, I didn’t see you walking. I’m sorry for bumping into you.

            “It’s okay, no need to apologize.” A warm, male voice says to me.

          I look up to see who it is and all I see is halo. It’s Onew. What? I can’t believe in my eyes. How could this be? Are my eyes deceiving me? I bring my two hands onto my face and rub my eyes so hard that they burn.

            “Oh… Um… JinKi sshi, I’m… I’m so sorry.” I stutter

            “It’s fine. Are you alright? You don’t look so good” Onew asks me

            “Yes, I’m totally fine. Thank you. It’s just that the concert is over. I’m a little sad.

            “Oh, is that so. Don’t be sad. I have to go right now. Nice to meet you.” He gives me a pat on my back and quickly leaves

            I look on the ground and saw a white iPhone, I picked it up and the screen lights up. It’s Onew’s phone. I turn around about to call out to him, but I realize he is long gone. What do I do with his phone?