Flashback

"Who are you?"

 

“Sica you can use my bathroom to wash up if you want.” Hyoyeon told her and Sica simply nodded.

“Now everyone go back to where you come from there is nothing to watch anymore.” Hyoyeon shooed the girls away and she went down to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

~Inside the bathroom~

‘Why I can’t get rid of the dream, it keeps on repeating in my head and it felt so real.’ Sica stepped out of the shower, with a towel wrapping her wet body she walked passes the mirror and something caught her eyes. She looked at herself in the mirror and grasped

“What is this red marks on my neck? It looks like something bit it and my lips it swollen red.” She touched her lips and neck she remembers the dream where Hyoyeon assault her neck.

“That can’t be. It a dream, it can’t be real.” She talked to herself, but later shakes the ideas away; she opened the door and found her clothes neatly placed on the bed.

“Did she do this?” she asked herself, quickly she took her clothes and ran back inside the bathroom before anyone come inside the room. She got dress and went down to the kitchen and found a lot of strange faces sitting on around the kitchen table, she looked at Hyoyeon who was placing the foods down on to the table.

“Sica let me introduce you to my friends.”

“You remember these two rights?” Hyoyeon pointed at the two girls that kill Sica eyes, Sica nodded.

“The tall one is Sooyoung, the short one is Taeyeon and they are a couple.” Sica looks at the two.

“You’re thinking how we can be a couple with our height difference right. How can we kiss? I have to carry her when we kiss, that is why I eat a lot to have strength to carry her when we make love.” Sooyoung said, Taeyeon was blushing and everyone in the room showed a disgusted faces.

“YAH!!” Taeyeon hit Sooyoung arms but the Sooyoung just laugh.

“Let move on. This short hair girl here is Sunkyu and the one sitting next to her is Hyomin they also a couple.”

“Yah! I told you to stop calling me that.” Sunny yelled at Hyoyeon and looks at Sica with a bright smile. “Just call me Sunny.”

“This is Seohyun and Yoona they are the maknae of the group, they are a couple also.” Seohyun and Yoona politely bowed.

“The dark girl here is Yuri and the last girl is Tiffany she is our American friend.”

“Are they also a couple?”

“No we’re not a couple, Tiffany is not my type.” Yuri jokingly said, everyone burst out laughing and Tiffany acted angry, “Well you are not my type either.”

“I was just joking Fany ah.” Yuri tried to coo Tiffany, Sica and Hyoyeon sat down next to each other and ate their breakfast.

“Hyoyeon did something happened when I was sleeping.” Sica asked, Hyoyeon chocked on her food and everyone looks at Hyoyeon, tiffany quickly get some water for her.

“Here drink this.” Tiffany gave Hyoyeon the glass of water.

“Thank you.” Hyoyeon thanks Tiffany and gulp down the water.

“*Cough* Uhmm…I was in a deep sleep so I don’t know anything. What did you see?”

“Nothing I was just asking.”

Everyone finished their foods, Seohyun and Yoona washing the dishes, Sooyoung and Taeyeon clean the table. Sica, Hyoyeon and Yuri is in the living room watching T.V., then came down Tiffany who was dressing up seem like she is going out.

“Are you going out?” Yuri asked her, Tiffany nodded and went to put her shoes on.

“Wait there!” Hyoyeon yelled and ran upstairs to her room, minutes later Hyoyeon came out with new clothes and walked to Tiffany. Tiffany looked at her in puzzle.

“I will take you, where you want to go.”

“No, no need I can go by myself.”

“You have been gone for two years, everything are not the same you know.” Hyoyeon finished putting on her shoes and ran outside before Tiffany could protest she opened the passenger door for Tiffany; she looked hesitated before going inside the car.

 

Hyoyeon POV

“So where do you want to go?” I asked while start the engine.

“I just missed Korea so I just want to go around…it going to be boring that is why I don’t want you to come along.”

“No, I actually want to take a walk around some where too, I haven’t been outside the house now that I’m taking care of Sica.”

“How about walking around the park?” I asked her.

“Can we go to our old high school?” she said with her eyes looking outside the window.

“Sure.” While driving, we didn’t say a single word, Tiffany keeps on looking outside the window, I saw the school and so I parked my car near the campus.

“We’re here.” I told her and we both get out of the car, we walked to the school and stopped in front of the school gate.

“It closed.”

“What do you expect? It Sunday.” She has this sadness in her face. It seem like she really want to see the school.

“Do you really want to go inside?” I asked her, she has this sparkle in her eyes and quickly nods her head. I walked to the back of the school, one side of the fence were cover with wild grass that grow there over the pass years.

“I don’t know if they covered it up or not.” I moved the grass to the side and I saw the hole I made 5 years ago.

“Whoa there’s a hole on the fence. How did you know there’s a hole here?”

“I made it.”

“What?” she looked at me in surprised.

“I was always woke up late by the time I got to school the gate already closed that why I make this hole. I can’t believe they didn’t find out. You’re the first one that I showed this too.” I crawled inside followed by Tiffany.

“This is as far as I can go.” I told her, I thought she would disappoint but she smile sweetly at me.

“This far is enough for me and I’m happy that I’m the first person to know about this.” We were walking around the school, everything was the same.

“Hyoyeon, do you still remember the first time we met?”

“I sure do.”

 

~Flashback~

“I can’t believe that you’re late again?” Sooyoung yelled at me.

“It was not my fault the alarm didn’t ring.”

“Or you’re just deaf.” We were arguing with each other that we didn’t look at the surrounding; I bumped into someone and we both fell down.

“.” I cursed

“I’m sorry.” The girl spoke in English and kept on saying sorry. Sooyoung laughed at me and I glared at her, she quickly zipped . I stood up and Sooyoung whispered in my ear “She’s American.”

“N-no worry.” I said to her with my Korean accent, she snickers and I was embarrassed. I should have paid attention in English class.

“Hi! My named is Tiffany you can call me Fany.” She spoke in Korean with a cheerful voice, and when she smiles her eyes make a crescents moon shaped. She was really pretty.

“Hi. My named is Hyoyeon and this giraffe here is Sooyoung.” She shook our hands and I was curious of the crescents moon shape eyes she was making so I asked her, “What did you do with your eyes that when you smile it become crescent?”

“Oh this is call eyes smile.” This is the first time I have heard of eye smile.

“But aren’t it supposed to go up not go down.”

“Well if it go up then it would look really creepy right.” She laughed and Sooyoung hit my head while whispered ‘Babo’.

“I’m new here. Would mind tell me where this class is I seemed can’t find it?” she showed me her schedule.

“I have that class too, I will take you there.” I told her and she make the eye smile once again. At that moment I knew that I’m in love.

~End of Flashback~

 

“This school brings back a lot of memories.” I told her and she nodded, we were walking around the school trying to remember all those happy memories we have together.

“HEY NO TRESPASSING.” Someone yelled, we both looked at each other.

“RUN!!” we yelled and I took her hands, we went under the fence and ran until we reach the car. We both out of breath and panting, we looked at each others and burst out laughing. Minutes passed before the silent took over once again.

“It afternoon now, do you want to go for lunch?” I asked her.
”Sure, the runnings sure make me tired.” I drove around and suddenly Tiffany said to stop. I look at the place and immediately I knew where we are, the restaurant brings back the sad memories. I was about to tell Tiffany to go to a different place but she was already walking inside. When we were inside all this flash back came back to me, it feel like cold water that got splash to my face. I looked at Tiffany and she was talking to the waitress, she led us to a private room. I remember this private room, why does it have to be THIS room? Everything is just the same as it was two years ago.

“Hyoyeon sit down.” Tiffany was already sitting and was looking at me. I sat down we were both facing each other.

“Hyoyeon do you still remember this place?” she asked me

“Yes, clear as daylight.”

 

~Flashback~

“Hyoyeon are you sure about this.” Sooyoung asked me.

“Definitely, I have been secretly in love with her for three years and today I’m going to change that, I will love her openly.” I said while trying to pick out a dress.

“What if she rejects you?”

“If that happened then I will accept it without a complaint.” I looked at Sooyoung and she still has this worry expressions.

“Sooyoung you don’t have to worry a thing. I have sent her my love letter and I have prepared a private dinner at this 5 stars restaurant.”

“I just don’t want you to get hurt.”

“I know Youngie you’re my best friend since who know how long it was. You should believe in this friend of your. I’m old enough to know what I’m doing, don’t worry.” I hugged her.

“Now stop worrying and help me pick out a dress.”

~

I excitedly walked inside the private room and wait for Tiffany to appear, I looked at my phone at it was 7:20 any minutes now she will come inside that door. 7:30 she is still not here, people don’t have to come at the exact time, I told myself. 8:00 maybe she stuck in the traffic. 9:00 and she still not here, the foods have gone cold. 10:00 I’m looking at the door, praying that she was behind the door. 11:00 the ices in the champagne bucket have melt and was full of water, I have waited for her for 5 hours and she is not here. I just want to cry but I held it in believe that she will come and if I cry I would ruined my makeup. 12:00 she didn’t come at all, I have been stood up.

“Miss, the restaurant is closing please go home.” The waiter told me, I stood up walking out of the restaurant the workers there look at me in pity; I drove home and saw Sooyoung standing in front of my house looking worried. I parked my car and walked out she ran toward me and right at that moment the tears that I have held in for so long spilled out, I cried in her arms.

“Let it all out. Let it all out.” Sooyoung cried while holding me. That night she stayed by my side and comforted me. Days later I found out the reason Tiffany didn’t show up was because she was having a date with Siwon and now they are an official couple. For a whole month I stayed in my house didn’t talk to anyone, disconnect my phones and didn’t answer the crying and begging from my friends to open the door. The day when I opened my door again was the day Tiffany and Siwon went to America I went to the airport but I was too late, she was gone.

~End of Flashback~

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t show up, I should at least text you so you don’t have to wait for me.”

“It the past now, everyone have move on, we all now forgot about that painful past. You don’t have to blame yourself.” I told her

“Hyo what would our future be like if I show up to the date and we became a couple? Would we like our friends right now, love each other?”

“Maybe” I didn’t look at her when I said that because truly I did think about what our future would be like if we were a couple.

“Let hurry and finish eating.” I told her. I just want to get out of here as soon as possible.

~

We are now walking in the park to digest the food we just ate.

“I like this kind of weather, the sky is dark and there is no sun.” I said.

“I thought you like sunny weather.”

“Used to”

“Was it because of me that you have become gloomy?” I didn’t respond to her question, but keep on walking; I noticed that she is not beside me.

“Hurry up or I will leave you behind.” I looked back at her and she was crying. I want to hit myself so much, I have made her cry. I walked toward her; she used her shirt sleeves and roughly wipes her tears.

“Don’t do that, you will hurt your delicate cheeks.” I caught hold of her wrist and used my thumb to wipe her tears.

“It not like you cares.” She pulled her wrist away.

“What do you mean? I care about you.”

“Not like the Sica girl.” Her voice was full of jealousy.

“Are you jealous?” I jokingly said.

“What if I said I am?” her face was serious and I didn’t expect she would say those things.