Promise

"Who are you?"

 

“And what’s your answer?”

“I’m sorry, I can’t you. This is between me and Tiffany. If you don’t want to go back home with me, then wait here. I’ll go and talk to Tiffany and I’ll come back. Is that alright with you?”

“I’ll take that as an okay. I don’t have that much time, I need to go.” Hyoyeon said and ran.

“If you go and meet her than don’t come back here!”

Hyoyeon act like she didn’t hear what Sica said and yelled, “Wait for me. I’ll be back in an hour!”

Hyoyeon was running and didn’t notice that Yuri was calling her.

“Hyoyeon! Hyoyeon!” Yuri was yelling but Hyoyeon just keep on running.

“Where the heck is that girl going? And why is Sica not with her?” Yuri mumbles and then she saw Sica who was crying loudly. She quickly ran toward the crying girl, Sica was a mess, she have never seen Sica like this. Yuri can’t find the cold icy princess in the girl eyes but instead she found a heartbroken girl, she cautiously touching Sica arm.

“Sica, are you okay? What happened? Why are you crying?” Yuri asked many question but Sica didn’t answer to any of them but instead her head fall on Yuri shoulder. Yuri was hesitating whether she should hug Sica or stay still, but her heart tell her to hug Sica and so she slowly wraps her arms around the heartbroken girl. They stay in that position, no sound coming from the girls, the only sound was the leaves rustling in the wind, the sound of birds singing and the foot steps of the people that passed by. Sica pull away from the hug and wiped her eyes, Yuri speak again after confirming that Sica have completely stop crying, “Sica, let’s go home. I think it’s going to rain.”

Sica shook her head and said, “I need to stay here.”

“Why? It’s going to rain soon.”

“I can’t, I’m waiting for Hyoyeon.”

“Now you’re talking about Hyoyeon. Where did she go?”

~

“Did her flight take off yet?” Hyoyeon said while running around the airport looking for Tiffany, she then saw a familiar figure with a pink luggage. She quickly run to the girl and grab her wrist. The girl turn around and grasp in surprise, she couldn’t believe who she saw it was Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon face brightens up when she see Tiffany while Tiffany face darken.

“What are you doing here?”

“I came here to ask why you leaved.”

“I can leave whenever I want; I’m not your prisoner.”

“Fany-ah, why are you doing this? ...Do you really want to go back to the States? If you do then I’m not going to fight with you. I came here to give you my answer; I want you to leave this place with a lighten heart, no worry, and no regret. Are you ready for my answer?” Hyoyeon looks straight in Tiffany eyes, but the girl was hesitating if she really wants to hear Hyoyeon answer. Half of her wants to know the answer and half scared that she might be heartbroken from Hyoyeon answer.

“Tiffany you used to be my first love, and you’ll still be my first love, and no one can change your place in my heart. But over this few months, I came to realized that my love for you starting to change, it change to a friendship love. I love you as a friend and that all we will ever be. But don’t think our relationship will change, you’ll always be my best friend, if you ever feel down or lonely give me a call and I’ll gladly accept it without delay.” Tiffany cries and Hyoyeon pull her into a bear hug which Tiffany gladly accepts.

‘This is the last calls, for the people who are going to LA.”

“Oh, that’s your flight.” Hyoyeon pull Tiffany out from the hug.

“In this life we might not belong to one another but if God allow us to meet in the next life, I’ll never ever let you go.” Tiffany said while Hyoyeon wiped Tiffany tears away.

“What if I become a bad person in the next life?” Hyoyeon joked.

“I’ll still never let you go.”

“I’ll promise you that if we meet each other in the next life, I’ll also never let you go.”

“That will be a promise between us. Don’t ever break it.”

“I won’t.”

“I should go, I’m already late. Bye Hyo.” Tiffany waves goodbye and drag her luggage with her.

“Bye Fany!” Hyoyeon yelled but then Tiffany suddenly ran back and crashes her lips on to Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon was too surprise to even react. Tiffany pulls away and smile her famous eyes smile.

“Our promise is now seal. Now I’m really late. Bye Hyo! Take care!” Tiffany waves goodbyes and went inside the gate. We waves goodbyes for one last time before the door close. I let out a relief sigh; and my heart has lightened a bit. I remember Sica is still waiting for me, I quickly ran out the airport and it was raining outside. I quickly drive to the park, wondering if she has gone home or still in the park. I was almost near the park, when I saw an ambulance going inside the park. Did something happen?