Magazine

Two lives

My body was deflated, totally out of energy, a feeling that was foreign to me, who was always at any time had the energy of dozen monkeys in one body. Even at social gatherings my brain didn't loose its focus. But now I felt as if I could close my eyes and be gone in seconds. My wounded body had apparently lost all energy fighting Minho, trying to keep him from touching my leg first and then trying to keep him from taking me to the car. From which the last one failed miserably, seeing that I was sitting next to the guy in his luxurious car, on our way to his house.

A small sight escaped my mouth.

What's wrong?” Minho asked, the smirk apparent in his tone, without me having to see his face.

I didn't answer him. Keeping the silence in the car.

Are you mad?” This time he didn't seem so sure with himself any more, which made it my turn to smile.

I turned my head from the window where it had been laying, to look at him. I saw him looking worriedly at me and I found it surprisingly cute that he even cared. I couldn't help that the smile, already on my face, broadened by seeing the worried guys face.

I just really don't know,” I told him. “You kind of kidnapped me. A normal person would be mad, but you are my buddy so I'm not. Or something like that.” The last part was an unrecognisable mumble, but Minho seemed better already after hearing the word buddy.

Okay, so you are okay with seeing a doctor,” Minho stated, opening the door on his side. I was shocked when I looked outside the window. I hadn't even noticed the car stopping and now we were already inside the Chois grounds.

My eyes roamed over the huge building, at least as big as the place I lived in, maybe a little smaller, and a familiar unwelcome feeling build up in the pit of my stomach. I was never really able to place it, but it was there whenever I looked up at my own place and only left when I left it. And I didn't like it.

The door on my side opened and Minho helped me out of the car. Then it suddenly struck me.

Minho was the son of the Choi empire, meaning that this house was his parents and his father knew me, the Jiho me. And we were hopping to the front door and I couldn't do anything about it at this point. I couldn't run, Minho was far stronger than me, and any attempt to get away would look to him as an other try to not get examined by the doctor.

In other words, I was screwed.

The front doors opened and we stepped (I hopped actually, but that is beside the point) into the great entrance hall of the Choi manor. There was a staircase located on the right of the almost square hall, rounding up to a balcony thingy on the back wall were there was only one door, probably leading to the rest of the first floor. The hall was in general a soft brown and beige marble, the favourite decorating stone of most rich families, the floor being big marble square stones.

Can you get Dr. Kim and tell him to come to the sitting room?” Minho asked a maid, who hurried of immediately.

Minho took his coat of and helped me out of mine and threw them on coat hangers beside the front doors, placing our bags underneath it.

It was silent while I waited for him, balancing on one leg, the other throbbed painfully. There were no other people in the hall besides us, but I knew that a maid or butler would appear if Minho only called or maybe lifted a hand or something. I had no idea what Minhos relationship with his parents was and I was scared of his father casually walking into the hall.

You don't have to look like that, you know,” Minho said, breaking the silence and shocking me slightly. “It's just a house. A little bit big maybe, but still a place where people live.”

For a few seconds I was confused at why he felt the need of explaining that, but then it dawned on me. He must have mistaken my restlessness for awe or even intimidated like most people were when they first stepped into a house like this.

I tried to smile reassuringly at him, warming up to him even more.

Don't worry about it,” I said.

He was silent for a while, looking up at the ceiling thoughtfully, and when he talked again his voice sounded softer. “Let's get you to the sitting room, you foot must really hurt...”

Yah, Choi Minho!”

Both of us looked up to the balcony which was now occupied by a stunningly beautiful woman around 20/25 years old. Her black hair was bounded together low, her long legs were wrapped in the tightest skinny jeans I had ever seen and a light blue with white polka dots blouse which fluttered when she hurried her way down the stairs.

Noona,” Minho said with restrained. “What are you doing home so early.”

Minho's sister, apparently, had reached the end of the staircase and came walking towards us, a smile on her face that said nothing but mischief. “Who is this young lady?” she asked in a well trained sugary tone, I recognized as one I used when I got unwanted attention at parties.

Next to me Minho groaned softly. “Noona, we were just going to the sitting room so Dr. Kim can look at her ankle.”

The eyes of the beautiful woman became round as she widened them in supposed to be shock, but she was to delighted with something to actually look shocked. “Your ankle? Why? What happened? Did you hurt it? Should I call somebody to help you walking? Or should I help you? Here, take my arm. You can lean on me while walking to the sitting room. Was it Minho's fault? Is that why he brought you here? How do you know him? He is nice to you, isn't he, otherwise I'll talk to him? Does he like you? Probably, otherwise he wouldn't have cared enough to take you here.”

While rambling, the woman had taken my arm and walked into a big cosy looking room. Cosy, because everything, even the low dark wooden table standing in the middle of a ring of dark blue couches, looked soft and warm. In the left wall was a huge fireplace. It made me wish that my house had a room like that. Minho's noona put me on one of the couches, which was indeed as soft as it looked, and flopped next to me.

Thee? Coffee? Warm milk?”

Juice is okay,” I said, slightly overwhelmed by the woman who was still looking at me with a creepy grin plastered on her face.

The woman in question ringed a bell on the wooden table and a maid appeared almost immediately.

Yes ma'am.”

Can you get us a can of orange juice from the kitchen?”

Of course ma'am.”

With a small bow, the maid disappeared again.

Noona!” An agitated Minho stepped forward. “Can you not do this, please. She is just going to be checked by a doctor and go home.

His noona shook her head at that and tsked. “No, can do, brother dear,” she said, with a look of disbelieve that seemed to say 'do you really not understand?'. “She'll have to stay over for dinner, of course.”

No!” To the surprise of all three of us, it was me who screamed out the no. Well, for me it wasn't so surprising, but it shocked me how desperate I sounded. “Uhm, I mean...” how was I going to get out of this? Both of the Choi siblings looked at me questionably. “I still have a project to finish with Key, and if I don't go to his house immediately after the end of school, he'll fry me.” Well, that wasn't a complete lie. Me and Key had to do a project together. T only had to be done after two weeks from no, thought.

Minho's noona sighed. “That's to bad. You'll have to stay for diner next time.”

Nobody answered her, but the last two words kept repeating in my head. Next time. I wasn't sure if I wanted to come back here again.

Not everything will go your way, you know.” Minho had decided to sit down on the couch opposite of the one me and his noona were sitting on. He locked gazes with me, asking silently if I was okay. I nodded unnoticed by his noona, feeling a warm feeling of care coursing through my body.

Now I think about it,” Minho's noona said, regaining my attention, “I don't know your name. I should know the name of my little brothers future girlfriend, right.”

Minho's noona smiled brightly at me, I blushed and Minho groaned again, sinking into the couch, looking like he wanted to disappear.

Lee Samantha,” I said, giing her the surname I used in school. “Nice to meet you.”

Choi Sooyoung,” she said, stretching her hand so I could shake it. “Call me unnie.”

I nodded unsure. I didn't even know her, but if she was Minho's sister. Speaking about Minho, he wasn't going to ask m to call him oppa, was he? I switched my gaze, fully aware that I looked a little scared.

What?” Minho frowned consciously.

You're not going to ask me to call you oppa, right?”

Minho looked stunned, but next to me Sooyoung unnie burst into a thunderous laugh. Minho's lower lip puckered into a small, super adorable (couldn't deny it) pout.

Looks like you caught a difficult one!” Sooyoung unnie cackled, completely happy, clapping her hands together.

Wait, you were!?” I asked confused. I didn't know if I offended him or not.

No, of course not,” Minho hastily denied, waving with his hands.

But he wouldn't mind.”

I yelped from the sudden sensation Sooyoung unnie's breath made on my ear when she breathed into it.

This time it was Minho who died from laughter, and I much I wanted to, I couldn't be completely mad at him for it. The yelp had sounded super funny and so not like me. Sooyoung unnie was a total different specimen, it seemed.

Stop laughing,” I spew at Minho. That was enough laughing on my card!

Minho tried to pull a straight face, but it didn't work really well, a grin breaking through within minutes, the awful bastard.

Sir, the doctor will be here in 20 minutes. He apologizes for the delay.”

The maid, who had spoken, already disappeared before I even noticed she started speaking. The maids in this house seemed like ghosts. How could anybody live here without having the feeling to be watched all the time. It was even scarier than in my own house.

Alright, I'll go back up,” Sooyoung unnie announced, getting back onto her feet. “I have to finish my presentation. Don't do anything that takes longer than 20 minutes, otherwise you'll be caught.” She went through the door, leaving her hard laugh behind.

It was hard to look at Minho now, because of what unnie said. I couldn't let the thoughts she planted in my brain form to images.

Your sister is, eh, nice,” I said, looking at my hands.

Don't mind her to much.” The smile as adamant in Minho's voice and I got a sudden urge to strangle the guy, who seemed to think the situation was funny instead of awkward. “She loves playing with peoples heads a little to much.”

And it was working.

Here, read this magazine, I'll go ask where the juice is,” Minho said after a few seconds silence. A fancy looking magazine fell into my lap and Minho's footsteps left the room.

Al thought I was thankful to Minho that he was considerate, now I felt lonely. Big rooms, always made me lonely, and this time it felt worse. Maybe, because I was new to the room, but the empty space seemed bigger than normal.

I decided to open the magazine to get my mind of it, flipping through the pages showing article after article about famous couples, rich bachelor man, gossip, gossip, gossip, gossip. The things housewives liked to read to make there life a little bit more interesting with the lives of others. I was already going to put the magazine away when my eye fell on something interesting. One name suddenly flashed out to me; 'Jung Ji-hoon'. I flipped back to the page where the name appeared and scanned the page. I had almost forgotten about the man who had helped me, even though I had been so eager to find out about him in the beginning, and looking at the blown op picture on the right page of the article, the man had the same features as the look-a-like beggar. The face was cleaner, shaved and you could see how well he was build in that expensive suit, but it became more clear it was the same man with every passing second I stared at the picture. The beggar who had helped me, and probably saved me from my own stupidity, the youngest and most successful director Jung corporation ever had.

The doctor arrived.”

Minho's voice ripped me out of my shock, but the stunned expression on my face didn't go away that fast, making me feeling really stupid when I looked up at him with my mouth half open and unblinking eyes.

______________________________________________________________________________________

So, I already finished this chap last week, before somebody went totally weird and subscribed to this story which hasn't been updated since februari last year (if I'm right) So here is my genious chapter that totally doesn't cover for a whole year (which it hasn't yet been!) but is really long for your enjoyment. I just want to note that I won't ever stop my first ever fic here on asianfanfics until it is completely done and I'll love you if none of you lovely subbies are goin to unsubscribe after noticing this story again.

Now. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

And a few minutes of silence for the loss our suju leader Leeteuk has had. If somebody derserves 2014 to be happier than he does. I'm with him in my thoughts.

<3