Just one smile can make you happy

Two lives

 

So, that's all tight up,” Ji-hoon looked at my arm that was wrapped in bandages now. The stranger had introduced himself as Jung Ji-hoon. It was weird how the gross man who scared the dead out of me on the abandoned street could look almost normal now. He was still gross, I guess, but that was only his clothes. His clothes looked like a beggars and he hadn't shaved for a while and indeed his hair looked like had been rolling in sand and hadn't washed his hair after, and . . . what was I saying again? Oh yeah, he felt safe. His stance wasn't like someone who had creepy thoughts and his smile was nice. His teeth weren't so yellow as I thought I had seen. He might even have been handsome if he shaved and but some clothes without holes and smudges. “You need to contact your family,” Ji-hoon went on, now looking straight at me. It didn't feel uncomfortable when he looked me straight in the eye. It was rather safe, actually. “I paid for the hospital bill, but they should know where you are. It's past diner time already.”

Past diner time!? “Oh my god,” I gasped. “Siwon is going to kill me!”

“Who?” Ji-hoon asked, raising his eyebrows.

“Uuhm,” I thought about how to explain who Siwon was to me, when it occurred to me what Ji-hoon said before 'diner time'. “You paid the bills?” I asked frowning.

Jung Ji-hoon nodded.

“How?” I blabbered, before realizing I was being really rude.

Ji-hoon chuckled. “With money,” he said. “Don't worry about it, I can come around, you know. Even when my clothes are like this. I guessed an high-schoolgirl wouldn't have enough money on her to pay hospital bills.”

He was right, I never took a lot money with me. Just enough for lunch and a little bit for small emergencies, not enough for an hospital bill.

“I'll pay you back,” I said determined. “Please, give me your phone number and address, so I can contact you.”

“You don't have to,” Ji-hoon said.

“But . . . ,” I stammered.

“Don't,” Ji-hoon held up his hand to stop me from talking. “Call that Siwon person and go home. Think of it as an gift from a lonely person who was bored.”

I frowned. This person was indeed weird, even if I started to trust him.

“You shouldn't frown so much,” Ji-hoon said gently.

It only made me frown more. I wanted to protest, but Ji-hoon looked at me like my old nanny would look when I was on the first branch of the tree she had forbidden me to climb when I was little.

“Now go on and call whoever takes care of you,” Ji-hoon said smiling. He motioned towards the reception.

“Okay,” I sighed.

 

Twenty minutes later Siwon came running into the lobby of the hospital. He looked as if he had run the marathon before coming here. I chuckled at the sight of him.

“Samantha,” the panting Siwon exclaimed when he saw me sitting in one of the plastic chairs of the waiting room. He strode towards me. “What the hell happened to you!” In a flash, he was standing right in front of me. He grabbed me by my shoulders and looked me up and down. He growled when he saw the bandage.

“It's nothing serious,” I assured him, but he didn't believe me.

“Nothing serious!?” Siwon said desperate. “You weren't home and you didn't pick up your cell, and then you suddenly call me to tell me I have to come get you from the hospital. Do you know how shocked I was!?” Siwons voice became louder and louder and ended up yelling.

“I'm sorry,” I squeaked. “Can you please let go of my arms, you're hurting me.”

“Ah...” Siwon let go of my arms. He put his left arm around my shoulders instead, so he could lead me towards the exit. I walked with him obediently.

Siwon stayed silent until we we're save and sound in the car. It was getting a little scary, because he was so silent. He seemed mad at me and I felt a little guilty.

He started to talk when we we're finally sitting in the car.

“Now tell me. What happened exactly?” He didn't look at me because he had to watch the road, but I could feel his concern.

“I lost my way,” I said quietly.

“What?”

“I lost my way,” I said this time louder.

“You lost your way?” Siwon said, clearly not believing me. “What about your arm then?”

“I probably got caught in something, but I don't remember,” I told him. “I was stressed out. I didn't know where I was and the battery’s of my phone died. I didn't feel it until Ji-hoon-shi pointed it out to me.”

“Ji-hoon?” Siwon asked.

Oops, I forgot that Ji-hoon was an untrustworthy stranger.

“It is the person who brought me to the hospital,” I said. I didn't want Siwon to no more, because he would definitely go and try to find that person. I wanted to find that person myself. He seemed interesting. “He saw that I was bleeding and helped me.”

“He was already gone when I came,” Siwon said.

I nodded. “He had to go.”

Siwon frowned. “Ji-hoon,” he mumbled. “I recall someone by that name, but it's probably someone else.”

“Who?” I asked. I sounded a little bit to eager, even in my own ears.

“Why do you want to know?” he asked suspicious now.

“Never mind,” I shrugged, even though I was really curious. “I don't really want to know.”

Stupid curiosity. Just because that man said he didn't want me to contact him again I wanted to know more. I was scared for a moment Siwon would ask questions, but luckily he just shrugged without saying anything.

The rest of the ride was silent. Even when Siwon parked the car and we went inside the house we didn't say anything. I wondered about what he was thinking.

“Go to bed, tomorrow is school,” Siwon said, before disappearing into the staffroom.

I made my way upstairs and fell down on my bed without changing. The tiredness had finally caught up with me.

 

The next day I woke up from the sound of my mobile phone. The bastard Eunyhuk sent me a text to ask me if I wanted to play basketball in the morning because they could use the gym. I sent him a back in which I cursed him for waking me up so damn early in the morning and told him I would see him in the afternoon so I could kick his , but that there was no way I would get up now to play basketball with him.

I groaned and threw my mobile on my night stand. It was six in the morning, but somehow I couldn't fall a sleep any more. With an other groan I got up to get dressed and eat. I already told Eunyhuk I wouldn't come to play basketball, so I could take my sweet time until I had to go to school.

My house was already awake at this time in the morning. My father woke up at five am, most of the time, for work, if he was even at home at all. So everyone was already awake (the staff woke up early even when my father wasn't home, so they wouldn't get out of rhythm).

“Good morning, miss,” a surprised maid said while we passed each other in the corridor. She bowed and I bowed back. “Siwon-sunbea is already in the kitchen, if you want to see him,” she told me.

“Thank you,” I smiled at her, before walking on, toward the kitchen.

Siwon was indeed in the normal kitchen with a cup of coffee.

“Good morning Samantha,” Siwon said surprised when I walked in. “You're early.”

“I couldn't sleep any more,” I told him honestly, sitting down at the already full table. Sometimes when I woke up a little to late and had to hurry to be on time for school, my food would already be cold, because the kook's made my breakfast together with that from my father.

“What are you going to do with your time?” Siwon asked interested. He had an habit of talking while eating. He said it was what he always did at home.

I thought about the question, while chewing slowly. “I guess I'm going to pick up Taemin to walk to school together,” I said.

Siwon nodded. “That's nice.”

 

“Ding dong” the bell of the house of the Lee's sounded nice and homey, in comparison to the bell at my mansion. That one was high and shrill and hurt you ears if you were in the hall when it ringed.

“Who's there?” the door was opened by my uncle. A handsome man with the same goofy smile as Jinki had sometimes. Chubby cheeks that Jinki and Taemin got from him were hidden but still there when he smiled. He showed me the goofy smile when he saw me. “Samantha, so nice to see you!” he exclaimed.

“Hello uncle,” I smiled. “It's good to see you too. Is Taemin still home? I hoped we could walk to school together.”

Uncle Lee nodded. “Come in, come in. He is still busy getting dressed, but he already ate so when he comes down you two can get going immediately.”

I was, as always, still surprised by the warm and happy welcome I got when seeing my uncle and aunt. Somewhere in my heart I was always prepared to see there accusing eyes, because I was the daughter of the man who broke all contact with his older brother. The moment I pushed the doorbell the fair, that they wouldn't let me in the house and sent me away to never come back, was there and was as always washed away by there kind smiles.

My aunt was in the kitchen eating breakfast while reading a magazine. When I walked in she looked up and smiled her loving smile. She didn't have a goofy smile, but a pretty mother smile which made my heart ache for more warmth and love.

“Samantha!” she exclaimed, running at me and giving me a bear hug. The childishness of her children didn't come from anywhere unknown. “I'm so happy to see you again! I'm so sorry we couldn't visit together with taemin and Jinki.”

“That doesn't matter at all, aunty. You know that,” I said. “I will soon stay for dinner again. I missed you guys a lot.”

“You should, you should,” Aunt said happily.

Right at that moment Taemin walked into the kitchen, dressed in his school uniform.

“Hey Taemin-ah,”I said. “Ready for school?”

“What are you doing here?” Taemin frowned.

“What!?” I said in disbelieve. “You're not happy I came to pick you up for school?” I asked.

“Well, I didn't expect it,” Taemin shrugged. He picked his bag op from one of the kitchen chairs and gave his mother a peck on the cheek. “I'm going.”

“Have a save trip,” aunty said.

My heart ripped a little from the display of love. This was harder than I had imagined it to be. Probably because I hadn't seen them together as a family in a long time. When they came to Korea ones in a while, I would see them just for small amounts of time and they didn't always come with all four of them. Seeing a loving mother and son like this made me remember my own parents.

“Samantha, are you coming?” Taemin asked, pulling me out of my daze. He was already in the corridor, looking back over his shoulder.

“Yes,” I said. “I'll be going then.” I bowed to my aunt and uncle. My aunt walked to me with a knowing smile.

“Have a save trip,” she said while pecking me on my cheek.

I felt the blush creeping onto my face and tried to hide it. As fast as I could I followed Taemin into the corridor.

 

MINHOPOV

 

Sitting in my car with a driver driving for me is boring as hell, especially today. I wanted to be at school faster and believed that we would go a lot faster if I was driving. To sad I didn't had my drivers licence yet. Samuel would never let me drive. My reason to be wanting to be at school faster was because I could see Samantha again. I didn't really want to admit it, but after yesterday, when I followed her into the library, I couldn't really deny it any more.

I almost jumped out of the car when Samuel stopped the car.

“Minho wait,” my brother yelled annoyed.

I turned around. I almost forgotten about him. My parents had decided (after a damn half year) that me an Minhwan should drive to school together.

“Why, can't you go in by yourself?” I asked.

“Just wait stupid frog,” Minhwan said while walking around the car. “Why can't we just walk in together? Do you hate me or something?” Minhwan looked sad.

“I'm sorry Hwannie,” I said, suddenly feeling guilty for forgetting my little brother. “I was just a little excited.”

“Excited for seeing your girlfriend?” Minhwan asked cheekily.

I stomped him in the shoulder while my face turned red. “She isn't my girlfriend,” I said. I actually felt a little disappointed while saying it.

“I'll cheer for you,” Minhwan said happy.

“Don't tell anybody,” I warned him.

“I won't,” Minhwan exclaimed.

I didn't really listen to his reasons why not, because I saw Samantha walking towards the gates just like us.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hellooo, I'm back and trying with idea of what I want write now.

I'm not saying I couldn't write, it's just that I didn't know how. My inspiration was gone and I didn't know how I wanted the story to go on further. Now I have a good idea thought, so I will update more. I can't promise you daily updates but I'll try my hardest to at least not go longer than1 and a half week without updating. These past months were to long, even for me. I really didn't like that I didn't know what to write.

 

Wellllll, what do you all think about Rain's appearance?? I can't believe that he still looks handsome like that (see picture: http://amplicate.com/media/topics/37/jung.jpg ) 0.0

Please comment over what you thought about this chapter and Minho acknowledging his feelings for Samantha

 

Who watched the MAMA 2012!? I did ( on the internet but still) It was kind of sad that leeteuk couldn't be there. And shinee's stage was AWESOME!!!!!!! smile smile. They were super serious. I can just go on talking about it but well. that will give a long long part of me fangirling over al of the people who where there. I loved it that Minho presented one of the awards ^^

They're so handsome. Taemin has grown to be a man seriously!

And Minho is just to cute <3 Plus he was really good. Normally I would find him a little awkward but is getting a lot better at anouncing

And he is just becoming handsomer each day <3

till next time

saranghae!!! <3