A Talk With Kamiko

Things I'm Not Supposed To Do

 

*Third Person POV*
 
Mystery (sans Minhee) wouldn't stop laughing but there was nothing funny about it to Minho. What the heck does that mean? Kakeru made Minhee into a woman? As far as I know, Minhee is still a...a...what I want to say should be obvious!

Even Hana, who's the most serious out of all of them, was holding her stomach in laughter. "You guys...wow...you believe that Minhee...Kakeru...haha..." was all Minho could understand. "Ah~ alright that's enough. Let's go."

"Wait! You can't say something like that and just leave like it's nothing!" 

"Yeah!" Eunhyuk-hyung cheered. "Tell us what you mean!"

"But telling you takes all the fun out of it" was Emi's answer. "There is a reason I say it like that after all."

"Emi-noona!" Minho pouted.

"Oh, for goodness sake, tell the boy before he starts whining." Kamiko told her, pushing her towards me. "I'll get a headache when people whine. You know that."

Emi sighed, "Yumi, you tell him."

"Me? Why me? Hana, you can do it right?"

"I have a schedule in thirty minutes. In fact, the only one available right now should be..." she trailed off and looked at Kamiko, who glared at her.

"Are you serious? I wanted to go home and sleep! Minho, you are cutting into my sleep and I don't like it."

Eunhyuk-hyung put an arm around her shoulders. "If it makes you feel better, I want to go along and hear too~" 

"That doesn't make me feel better. I appreciate the effort but you are nothing like sleep."

"Ah but I can help! See, when girls are with me they normally don't want to sleep," he winked at her and she made a disgusted face before walking away. "Minho!" Kamiko-noona yelled, "are you going or not?" 

Not aware he was supposed to follow her, Minho had a surprised look on his face before responding, "oh! Okay, I'm right behind you!"

A few minutes later, Kamiko and Minho were sitting at a table in a small little cafe while Eunhyuk got their drinks. "Minho, before I tell you anything about Minhee and Kakeru, I have a few conditions."

"What are the conditions?"

"One: you can't tell Minhee or Kakeru about anything I tell you today. Two: I have some questions that you must answer HONESTLY after I tell you. Three: interrupt and I have every right to either leave you here to go sleep at home or kill you. Whichever one I feel like at the time should it happen."

Minho wanted to ask if she meant the third one but didn't want to risk it. "Okay, I agree."

"Fine. Now I have to tell you fast before that annoying anchovy gets back." Kamiko had said that in an irritated tone yet she was smiling.
 
Minho laughed at her fake anger. "I'm ready to hear it noona."
 
"I'll start from the beginning. Minhee wasn't interested in joining our dance team at all. She didn't even have many friends in Japan because she only focused on school and being with her host family. Her little brother there reminded her of her own little brother in America so she spent all her free time with him.

However, Minhee didn't get along with the older brother. He used to go to school with us but was expelled after he was caught trying to steal chemicals from the science building and he was already suspected of being involved with some gang members in the area.

They were still a host family in the hopes that whoever they got could influence Ryuuichi, the oldest son, to go back to school but it backfired. He picked on Minhee when she moved in and would always steal her things or hide them. 

Minhee always wanted to say something but she couldn't because she didn't want to cause trouble. She let her host parents think she and Ryuuichi were on really good terms. 

To let out her frustration, Minhee likes to dance. You know that right?" Minho nodded and she continued. "Kakeru happens to be Ryuuichi's and Satoru's, his little brother, cousin. He went over to visit with his parents and heard music coming from the basement. That's where Kakeru first saw Minhee dance.

He told us he was so amazed by how into the dances she was and how she danced with everything she had. Kakeru couldn't take his eyes off her. He only realized her that he was watching her unannounced when his aunt called his name."

Minho raised an eyebrow at the way Kakeru and Minhee first met. It was almost the same way he met Minhee a month after recording that episode of Star King.
 
"Minhee looked up at him and Kakeru swears she turned into a tomato. She turned off the music and ran off embarrassed. When he asked his aunt about her later, he found out she goes to our school and he decided she had to be part of our dance group. At dinner, he tried talking to her but she barely said anything to him and would stare down at her plate.
 
Realizing that she's shy, Kakeru decided to become her friend first and then ask her to join the group so he asked to stay with them for a while since his parents were going on vacation soon anyway. It was perfect timing for him. When he lived there, he quickly noticed that Ryuuichi picked on Minhee but..."
 
Minho wondered why Kamiko was pausing. She seemed nervous for once, which is odd considering Kamiko is known to be comparable to Seungri of Big Bang and Gyuri of Kara when it comes to having lots of confidence.
 
"I can't tell you exactly what happened because only Minhee can tell you that. Well, it's more like only she has the right to. I like to and make jokes at her expense on shows but this is something even I can't say. What I can tell you is that Kakeru saved her life, literally. Because of that, Minhee trusted him so when she found out his initial intentions for being friends with her, she was crushed.
 
She forgave him because she knew that he really was her friend after all they've been through and how much he supported and cared for her. As proof, Minhee agreed to join the group but when we asked her to dance for us, she froze and got sick.
 
Minhee even cried because she couldn't dance in front of us and felt guilty. You know how different Minhee is on stage right? Kakeru is the one that helped her get there. She can do any dance now, including y dances which is why we joke that he made her into a woman.
 
Also, after what happened that night, Minhee had to leave her host family and Kakeru practically became her new family. The rest of us did too but it was mostly Kakeru that Minhee relied on. He encouraged her to go to Korea too. Minhee was originally going to stay and debut with the other girls in Japan but Kakeru told her to go."
 
"He was the best friend in Japan Minhee used to always mention huh?"
 
"He is the best friend in Japan Minhee still mentions. She just doesn't mention him to you that much."
 
"Why?"
 
"How do you feel now Minho?"
 
"What?"
 
"Are you jealous?"
 
"W-what? N-no..."
 
"You haven't spent any time with Minhee lately and yet you're in denial like she usually is."
 
"I'm not in denial..."
 
"You're jealous. You're comparing yourself to Kakeru and think that you can't compete with him."
 
*Minho POV*
 
Dang, how did she see through me so easily? Of course I'm jealous! Of course I'm comparing myself to him! And I definitely can't compete with him.
 
He's the reason for so many things in her life. Kakeru saved her life according to what Kamiko-noona said. He gave her the push she needed to perform in front of people and to go here to Korea. She's so successful now and it's partly because of his support.
 
I feel like...like I've done nothing for her compared to him.
 
"Minho, if you keep frowning for one more second, I will smack that frown right off your face."
 
I put my hands on my  cheeks to protect them. "You don't have to go that far!"
 
"I said if you keep frowning!"
 
"I'm not frowning now. See? I'm smiling! No frown here."
 
"What were you just thinking?"
 
"I was thinking that Kakeru seems like a great guy."
 
"ざっけなよ!"
 
 "What?"
 
"Don't screw with me!" 
 
"Eh?! I'm not!"
 
"You agreed to my conditions Minho. What was the second one?"
 
"Uh...after you tell me the story, answer your questions honestly?"
 
"Yes. Do you not know the meaning of honesty or something? Because I know that you were not thinking that Kakeru is a good guy. It might've crossed your mind but I'm completely and absolutely sure that you were freaking out over something else with your overactive mind."
 
"I..." Kamiko narrowed her eyes at him, daring him to lie again. "Okay! You were right. I was comparing myself to him and I can't compete. I really can't. I mean, look at how much he's done for her. What have I done for her?"
 
She stared at him blankly, making Minho uncomfortable. "Well I do have to admit that ignoring her after your first fight was a little ridiculous considering that her family called her during that time."
 
"They did?" Minho asked worried. "She didn't tell me..."
 
"It was so bad that Changmin was the one that comforted her. Kakeru took over after a while once he found out but she wanted you. You may think you haven't done anything for her but Minhee doesn't think that way...that's why I have to ask you."
 
"Ask me what?"
 
"What are your feelings for Minhee?"
 
"Huh?"
 
"And you have to tell me the truth."
 
"How I feel about Minhee...I...I honestly don't know."
 
"What a load of crap."
 
"Kamiko-noona!"
 
"You know how you feel. If you really don't, then you should or you're not a man."
 
He sighed, "I have been thinking about it lately though."
 
"You have? Yes! Progress!"
 
"Noona," he whined. "This is already hard enough to say. Please don't add onto it."
 
"Fine, I'll listen without commenting...for now."
 
Minho rolled his eyes but chuckled. "I don't know when but I started thinking about Minhee in a not-so-platonic way. But thinking about it...maybe I always thought of her in that way and pretended I didn't. Yet when it comes to her, I'm willing to do anything.
 
Her laugh is one of my favorite sounds in the world. One smile from her can brighten my day. When she cries, all I want to do is take her into my arms and do my best to make everything okay again. When she frowns, I automatically frown too because if she's unhappy, how can I be happy? Minhee...she somehow became so important to me." 
 
"Are you sure you don't know how you feel?"
 
"..." 
 
"Well?"
 
"I do know."
 
"And how do you feel?"
 
"I...I think I'm in love with her."