The K Drama

Things I'm Not Supposed To Do

 

A/N: There are multiple POVs in this chapter. I hope it's not too confusing! I have to admit I'm surprised I have so many chapters on this story now! Also it's almost been a month since I started writing it! Haha I should write something for the day it's officially one month XD
 
This might be my last update until then though...we'll see! I have a few tests coming up so wish me luck! There's someone else you'll be wishing luck at the end of the chapter as well! Hehe~
 
*Minhee POV*
 
I knocked on their dorm door for about five minutes before I heard something fall over from inside. "Kim Kibum!"
 
"I told you no, didn't I?!"
 
What are Key and Jonghyun fighting over? "And I told you I don't agree!"
 
"Fine, do what you want but I'm not talking to her!"
 
Eh? "Her?" Are they talking about me?! Jonghyun opened the door, panting. "Minhee, sorry you waited so long."
 
"Oh, don't worry about it...are you okay?"
 
"I'm fine, no thanks to the diva over there." As if he was proving just how diva he was, Key hmpmh'd at us and turned his head away dramatically. "Are you looking for Minho?"
 
"Yeah, is he here? I tried calling him on my way here but he didn't answer."
 
"Of course not. Why would he answer your call? I wouldn't." Key said.
 
"I thought you weren't talking to her."
 
"I'm not. I'm talking AT her."
 
Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Jonghyun shaking his head and throwing his hands up in despair. "Kibum, are you mad at me?" I asked him.
 
Key made a face, "no whatever made you think that?" he drawled sarcastically.
 
"Is this because of the scandal?"
 
"What else would it be unless you've done some other stupid thing?"
 
"Excuse me?" I know Key is a class A diva sometimes...but he doesn't have to be so rude. "You don't even know what's going on." Why do people keep acting as if they know everything today? First Krystal, now Key? What is it? Something to do with having an English stage name that starts with a K? 
 
"I have an idea! You even came over this morning with Changmin-hyung. Did you two have fun last night?"
 
"That is...disgusting and wrong on so many levels that I don't even want to go there. First of all, Changmin and I together...is just impossible. Second of all, I cannot believe that you just implied we did something. Third of all, you haven't asked me what really happened. Fourth of all, I see no reason why I have to tell you what happened because, frankly, it's none of your business which means you have no reason to be angry either."
 
"If that's how you feel, then get out."
 
"After I talk to Minho."
 
"He's not here."
 
"Are you lying to get me to leave?"
 
"I would lie if he were here...but he's not. He left earlier."
 
"Where did he go?"
 
"I'm not telling you."
 
Jonghyun waved his hand in front of my face to get my attention. "He went to SM."
 
"Seriously? Man...I was just there!"
 
"Yeah."
 
Key was glaring at Jonghyun so Jonghyun asked him, "what?"
 
"Why did you tell her?"
 
"Because you're over-reacting."
 
"I am not!"
 
"Okay, then tell her why you're mad."
 
"I don't want to."
 
"Because you know you're over-reacting."
 
"No, because..."
 
I decided to take that as my cue to leave. They were still arguing when I closed the front door after me. After that experience, I am so not thanking Key anymore for distracting Hana-unni this morning. Why is he so damn angry anyway? ...alright I do get why he's mad. He thinks the scandal is real so it looks like the tall freak and I kept it from Minho but I wouldn't do that! I trust Minho too much to do that and I like him too much to date anyone else anyway...
 
I got into another taxi and headed back to SM. I could feel my phone going off in my pocket but I had to ignore it. Hyomin-unni was going to kill me later but I won't be able to concentrate on anything if I don't see Minho right now. If Key knows and is this pissed off at me, how does Minho feel? ...why is he at SM anyway?
 
*Minho POV* 
 
Where is she? She told me to meet her on the office level...oh there! "Krystal! Over here!"
 
Krystal turned around and she smiled when she saw me. "Minho-oppa~" 
 
"Were you able to find them?"
 
"Yes! I gave Minhee back her phone. They seemed relieved."
 
"They?"
 
"Changmin and Minhee. They were together when I saw her."
 
"Oh..." I knew they were together already though...that phone call earlier let me know...why did they call me? It's as if Changmin-hyung knows I like her and wanted to flaunt his relationship with her in my face. All I could hear was her asking him not to do something and he gave in before hanging up on me. Just what were they doing?
 
"Did you want to talk to them too? They're probably still around. I saw Myungdae-oppa just around the corner." Before I could say anything, Krystal grabbed my hand and pulled me along. "See? He's talking to Hyomin-unni." Then she pushed me behind a vending machine and put her finger to my lips, "shh! I think they're talking about something important." she whispered.
 
Doesn't that mean we should walk away and come back later instead of hiding and eavesdropping? What kind of common sense does she have?
 
"This scandal might work out well for them you know," I heard Myungdae-hyung say.
 
Hyomin-noona laughed, "what in the world makes you think that?"
 
"Well they seemed to get along more than usual earlier. They came out of my office happier than before they went in didn't they?"
 
"Considering Minhee was crying before, I'd say but I still don't see what you mean."
 
"They might become a real couple after this. What if they were real already and are hiding it? Who knows if they aren't lying to us. I wouldn't put it past them. You know that Minhee likes to play mind games and I know very well that Changmin does too."
 
I couldn't hear what they said after that but even if they yelled it, I might not have heard it. My head was too busy wrapping itself around the last comment I heard. Even Myungdae-hyung thinks they could be dating...doesn't that mean that they are? I mean, if Myungdae-hyung thinks that way...
 
I was brought back out of my thoughts when they walked by and Hyomin-noona told Myungdae-hyung, "Fine, whatever. You can think that way if you'd like. If that's the case though...you might want to clean your office then. They did take a while talking earlier."
 
"Don't joke about that! My poor office...I just cleaned it the other day!"
 
Hyomin-unni took out her cell phone and was dialing a number, "if she doesn't answer soon..." Was she calling a Mystery-noona?
 
Anyway, Krystal moved from our hiding spot out into the hallway and giggled, "maybe we shouldn't look for them after all. From what Myungdae-oppa and Hyomin-unni were saying, we might interrupt something."
 
...I can't believe she just said that...but I have to admit...I was thinking somewhere along those same lines...as much as I don't want to. What were they doing in that office? What were they doing now? I want to know and I don't want to know. I wish this day didn't happen. I want to go back to yesterday when Minhee was standing in front of me smiling. 
 
I'd give anything to go back to that moment. Maybe...maybe if I had said something when she asked me if we're more than friends instead of freezing up, things would be different. 
 
That scandal could've been with me instead...her first scandal...I was supposed to be her first everything. Now Changmin-hyung has beaten me to one of them. 
 
*Krystal POV* 
 
I look over at Minho, who's still behind the vending machine and leaning against the wall. It's like he's in so much shock that if the wall weren't there to support him, he would fall over but I add onto it. "Changmin-oppa and Minhee look pretty cute together you know. The pictures on her phone are so sweet!"
 
I know it's hurts Minho-oppa everytime I say something about them but I have to do this to him. If I don't get his mind away from Minhee, I definitely won't have a chance. I don't know which will be more difficult though. Getting Minho to stop thinking about Minhee or getting him to see me as more than just a dongsaeng?
 
It really is a shame that Minhee realized her feelings for Minho-oppa so soon...she was right about a lot of things. That's what comes with being Minho's best friend I guess. She knows him better than anyone else...luckily she doesn't know herself as well as she knows Minho. 
 
If she knew about her feelings a long time ago like I had, then I'd be out of luck. I'm glad the two of them are dense as hell.
 
Minho hasn't said much still. He's just staring at the floor like an idiot. Does he like her that much? Why can't he see that I'm definitely a better match for him. He needs someone with more appeal. Minhee just doesn't have any. She's only popular because she's funny. Not because she's gorgeous or talented. She's funny, that's all. 
 
Then look at Minho. He's talented, y, and funny. Minho-oppa's Flaming Charisma and she's like a...a wet napkin. A boring wet napkin. She shouldn't be at Minho's side. 
 
She matches Changmin-oppa just fine though. Their stupid arguing all the time suits them. Stupid interaction between a stupid couple. They deserve each other. 
 
Changmin-oppa isn't that stupid though...I don't think so...but I guess for liking Minhee, he is stupid after all. What do they like about her anyway? 
 
I've just never liked her...then again, I met her after she became friends with Minho-oppa. He was the one that really introduced us. That could be the reason why I can't stand her.
 
I'm not normally like this...Iying like this to Minho-oppa and purposely hurting his feelings...I know it's wrong yet it feels so satisfying to know that with each passing minute, the way he sees Minhee is changing and I'm winning the so-called war we're in. What an easily influenced guy you are Minho-oppa. 
 
I barely have to fight and you're already wavering. This way, you'll be mine soon. 
 
*Minhee POV Again*
 
The taxi driver probably was more relieved than I was to arrive at SM since I kept fidgeting in the backseat but I couldn't help it. Key was so mad at me so I keep imagining how Minho feels.
 
It's sad that I kinda want him to be angry. If he's angry, it means he cares that Changmin and I are "dating." If he's happy for us...I don't know what I'd do...I'm pretty sure I'd want to hit him for being so oblivious but I was equally oblivious before so I can't judge.
 
As I get out of the taxi, someone yells for the taxi to wait. I look for the person to keep the door open for them and it's Minho...with Krystal. Why are they together?!
 
"Minhee-unni!" Krystal calls me happily. Such a fake... "What are you doing here? Changmin-oppa's not with you anymore?"
 
"What? Why would he be with me?"
 
"To support you during your scandal?" Minho said calmly. I can't read him for once. What's going on? "Or maybe you two spent enough time together for the day?"
 
"Minho, we need to talk."
 
"I can't right now. I'm taking Krystal to check out our school."
 
He won't even look me in the face. Looking straight ahead, he nudges Krystal to get in the taxi. I take hold of his arm to try to stop him, "can't it wait? You and I could even give her a tour together after we talk."
 
Minho looks down at my hand before abruptly shaking it off. "I don't think there's a reason for us to talk right now."
 
"Why are you acting like this?"
 
"I don't know. Why don't you tell me why you were practically begging Changmin-hyung not to do something earlier?"
 
"You heard that? The call went through?!"
 
Smiling bitterly, he pushed me away and said coldly, "I have to go."
 
"Minho!" I knocked on the taxi window but he ignored me and told the driver to leave. I reached out for the passenger seat door when I heard Hyomin-unni yell my name. Damn it, why does she have to see me now?!
 
She dragged me away and the taxi was able to leave. Out the back window, I noticed Krystal turn around and smirk at me. That smirk won't last for long, not if I can help it. For now though, I have to figure out a way to survive Hyomin-unni's wrath. 
 
I am so dead...