Scandal

Things I'm Not Supposed To Do

 

"ChangMinHee is Real!" 
 
"Two SM artists, Shim Changmin and Shin Minhee, seen together outside of work!" 
 
"Dating for Real? Shim Changmin and Shin Minhee"
 
"Morning Rendezvous for two well-known SM artists!"
 
"DBSK Member's Mystery Lover Revealed!"
 
There were articles like this all over the internet by lunchtime, which happened to be the time Key decided to go online and check out what the latest gossip was in K-pop. "You've got to be kidding me," he said and Jonghyun looked up from his cell phone. 
 
"What's up Kibum? Who's pissing you off now?"
 
"Shh! I'm trying to read."
 
"Read what?" Jonghyun got up and looked over Key's shoulder. "Oh sh-!"
 
Key had been reading the first article he saw. "ChangMinHee is Real - ChangMinHee fans can now rejoice! The two were spotted this morning and pictures were taken by a well-known celebrity photographer. He was even able to record part of their conversation for skeptics. You can clearly hear Changmin and Minhee arguing about what to eat for breakfast and bickering in that old-married-couple way they're famous for.  
 
In the pictures, the two look like a couple on their way to breakfast - which they are doing as proven by the recording - after an evening together. There is some speculation that Changmin and Minhee have been dating for months and use their DBSK-Mystery pairing as a way to gradually warm up the public to their relationship, given what happened with their fellow labelmate Kim Jonghyun."
 
"What the hell is this?" 
 
"Key, maybe you shouldn't read this..." Jonghyun said, worried about how over-protective the "eomma" of SHINee can get.
 
Kibum ignored Jonghyun and clicked on another article. "DBSK's Mystery Lover Revealed - Sources in Japan have been telling us for months that the maknae of DBSK has been dating on the sly and with the emergence of pictures of Shim Changmin with Shin Minhee, we finally feel confident in reporting the information from that source to our readers! 
 
Spotted early today, walking intimately in the early morning and on their way to get breakfast not too far from where the Mystery dorm is rumored to be in, it is clear that the two lovers spent the night together. Our source in Japan informed us - after the pictures got out - that Changmin is constantly seen with Minhee in Japan, including times of the day when it is obvious they are not together for work circumstances. In fact, it has been said that while Mystery was in Japan, Changmin would visit Minhee at their practices  and take her out for meal afterwards. 
 
Minhee and Changmin have been known to say that their relationship is not actually as bad as people think it is. 'Minhee and I don't really hate each other,' Changmin said during an interview once. 'We just pretend we do. We're actually close friends.' The public is now sure that the two are quite "close." So close in fact that should there be another Min entering the world, it wouldn't come as a surprise to our Japanese source as they say. The Rising God of the East Changmin does not rise alone from what we can tell."
 
Key glared at the computer screen and Jonghyun tried pulling him away. "You can't be mad over this. It's not like Minho and Minhee are dating."
 
"But he likes her!"
 
"He doesn't even know that!"
 
"But I do! Minho will be devastated!"
 
"Why will I be devastated?"
 
"Uh..." Kibum and Jonghyun both looked at each other panicking. "Taemin ate your lunch! That he did! He ate it all, that growing boy."
 
"Yes! That's it! No more food! So you should just go back to your room and wait for Key to make some more for you."
 
"Is that really it? That doesn't devastate me guys. Hey, what's on your laptop?"
 
Kibum leaped forward and shut it, clutching his laptop to his chest. "Nothing! It was nothing!"
 
"You guys are really suspicious right now. What's up with everyone today? First, Minhee came over and started saying all these things that make no sense. All she would tell me is that she would explain later and now you two are acting funny...what's going on?"
 
"Hold on!" Key held up a finger, "Minhee told you what?"
 
Jonghyun elbowed Key, "let it go."
 
"No!" he yelled. "I will not let this go! Just what does she think she's doing? Does that mean it's true?"
 
"What's true?" Minho watched them puzzled. "Seriously what's going on?"
 
"I'll tell you."
 
"Kibum," Jonghyun said in a warning tone.
 
"Don't you 'Kibum' me. I'm telling him. Better me than anyone else." Key put his laptop back down on the table, turned it on, and re-opened the articles he was looking at earlier. Minho sat down as soon as he read the titles and didn't look up from the screen until he finished reading each one. "This is what we were hiding from you."
 
"Changmin-hyung...and Minhee? Why..." Minho cleared his throat. "Why would you hide that from me? I'm...happy for them if it's true. Good for them. It's been a while since Changmin-hyung dated and Minhee hasn't dated anyone for as long as I've met her. I don't think she's ever dated and Changmin-hyung is a good guy to be her first boyfriend. Her first." 
 
He got up and kept mumbling something that sounded like "her first" all the way to his room. Jonghyun shook his head at Key. "What?"
 
"I don't think you should've done that."
 
"Why not? He has a right to know even if he doesn't know his feelings for Minhee yet."
 
"That's not the issue here! Even if he does know about his feelings and even if he didn't have any for Minhee, right now he feels betrayed by his best friends. If it's real...both of them kept it a secret from him."
 
"...I don't think it's true."
 
"If you didn't think it's true, then why did you show Minho the articles?"
 
"Because there's a chance they might be."
 
"Yeah...I thought so too."
 
*Minho POV* 
 
As an idol, I know that scandals are made up from the smallest of things and they can get blown out of proportion for no reason. A large majority of them are completely false. Actually, practically all of them are fake. I know all of this firsthand and yet...I believe those articles. 
 
I don't want to believe a single word but they're stuck in my head. Those pictures imprinted in my mind. I can't even close my eyes without seeing Changmin-hyung with his arm around Minhee, the two of them smiling like a real couple. 
 
Could they be together and I just never noticed? All those times they hit each other or Changmin-hyung pulls Minhee's hair...was that just how they hid the fact they wanted to touch each other? Maybe every time they said "I hate you" to the other one on TV was really "I love you."
 
They don't talk to anyone else the way they talk to each other so it might be possible...they're special to each other. But is it special in that way? A romantic way?
 
Could I be so blind as to miss that? Could Minhee and Changmin-hyung really be together? Is this what Minhee wanted to tell me about this morning? Is this what she wanted to explain to me later? Her and Changmin-hyung?
 
If that's the new beginning Minhee was talking about...I'd rather go back to yesterday. 
 
My cell phone rang and I thought it might be Minhee or Changmin-hyung but it was actually Krystal. What is she calling me for? "Yeoboseyeo? Krystal?"
 
"Hello Minho-oppa! How are you doing?"
 
"I'm fine...you?"
 
"I'm doing well. Actually I called you because I was trying to find Changmin-oppa."
 
"What for?"
 
"Oh Minhee came over this morning and she accidentally left her cell phone. He's been calling her non-stop and she's probably looking for it. I'm sure they'd both want her cell phone in secure hands. After all, don't want any more pictures of them getting out especially the ones I've seen right? I'm sure you've seen them too being so close to the two of them."
 
"Yeah, the pictures...I'll let them know about it. Bye." I hung up before she could say anything else. I know it's rude but I was in shock. 
 
Krystal said "before any more pictures" get out. There's more pictures of the two of them? On Minhee's cell phone? The same cell phone that matches mine? It must be real then...why else would Krystal be worried about the pictures on the cell phone? I bet she even knew about the two of them...Changmin-hyung and Minhee are dating...I can't believe it.