Chapter 15

Living Under the Same Roof with a Jock

Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god!! The three coupled up words kept constantly repeating, getting faster in Hyosung head with each second that past by and the closer Kikwang got. He’s coming this way! Not knowing what to do, she stumbled as she scrambled to turn around and act like she was occupied... Doing nothing. She decided to face the opposite way, facing the bus stop sign and busily stare down at the ground when in her mind, she knew he was going to be right there next to her any second now. Hyosung counted the seconds that passed by while she stood there. It felt like slow motion as the bus inched its way closer to where she was standing, and the birds chirps felt as if they were tweeting to a slow song. On the bright side, it was nice getting to feel the morning wind blow past her hair, making it separate from her face and freely dangle in the air.
Her ear senses perked up as the sound of Kikwang’s shoe steps falling right beside her entered her ears. She tried to stay still like before. Hyosung knew she was being silly and didn’t know why. I mean,  it has been two weeks already that we’ve been living together in the same house, bump into each other often so why I am I like this about merely crossing ways at the bus stop? This should be normal... But she couldn’t help the nervous feeling she felt. Maybe it’s because we’re in a different type of setting that has took place with two of us in it only two or three times before... Memories of the first two days that Hyosung went to school with Kikwang at her side at the bus stop started to play in her head. Remembering how he had let her use his arm for support flashed in her head and for some reason, she expected something to happen... Only, none of her anticipations were met.
The bus made a break at where they were standing and then Hyosung finally turned around since she had a reason to. Kikwang stepped onto it first and then walked all the way to the back and luckily for him, he found a seat while Hyosung wasn’t that lucky... Instead, she had to stand the whole way and was wondering if he might give up the seat for her, but he never did. The whole ride went by and he just sat there, either stone-faced or busy texting on his phone, not looking up at her once, making her feel resentment towards him. She sat there throughout the whole bus ride deep in angry thought.
Am I a WALL or something?! I mean, he doesn’t even acknowledge me there! I mean, I know I’m doing the same and well... You know what, I don’t even care anymore! HMMPH! I mean, he’s just a guy I live with and the eldest son of my mom’s best friend. Not to mention we go to the same school and share some of the same classes together and our rooms are right across from each other. Other than that... We barely know each other and have no reason to talk! Oh please... Who am I kidding? I mean, we have a lot in common so why won’t he talk to me?! What’s wrong with me?! Is being a nobody really that serious?! Ughhh!!
The bus driver announced the location that the bus had arrived to and Hyosung’s ears perked up, hearing that it was her destination. With relief about getting off the partially crowded bus, she walked over to the back door and waited for it to open. She didn’t even realize Kikwang was behind her until she was trying to slip back a strand of hair behind her ear and when doing so, a glimpse of his body structure got caught in her eyesight. Deciding it was nothing, she kept on walking but faster this time with him behind her, hands in his pockets and a smooth gait.

***

“Morning!” Ji Eun greeted Hyosung when they met in the courtyard.
“Morning to you too! Isn’t the weather really nice today?”
“I know right! The wind feels so nice, I want it to just stay like this,” Ji Eun sighed as she closed her eyes and felt the wind blow past her air. Then they opened again in curiousity. “Hey, I just realized... You’re quite early today!”
“Oh yeah... I ended up waking early.. I’m actually kind of excited for clubs.”
“Oh yeah!! Math starts for you today right?”
“Yep.”
“For me, it’s dancing. I can’t wait! I spent ages trying to pair up the best dancing outfit yesterday,” she continued babbling on about her looking forward to this new club. When she realized that she hadn’t let me talked much, she forced her lips to cease moving after asking, “So what other clubs have you joined besides math?”
“Not many... Just robotics, photography and some writers thing.”
“Woah Hyosung, that’s almost as many as me!” Ji Eun seemed impressed. “You’re becoming pretty involved you know,” she commended her friend.
Feeling the need to add a disclaimer, Hyosung said, “Well I don’t know if I would have even joined all those clubs all at once if it weren’t for Jonghyun and Sandara... They’ve had a huge impact on me that day,” she explained already starting to feel giddy as she imagined their reunion in her head. Would they save seats for her? However, even with these happy thoughts, a bad one had to appear and spoil her mood a tiny bit as the possibility of them also completely forgetting her came to mind. Even worse was that they did indeed remember her but displayed complete ignorance, wanting to have nothing to do with this quiet, shy nerdy type girl.
“Wow, it seems that you have made some really great friends!” Ji Eun went on and on, asking me about them.


***

Hyosung poked her head in through the door of 229, feeling rather awkward as heads turned and people’s eyes lay on her. She felt nervous and scared that she had come to the wrong room but felt rather relieved when she saw the smiling faces of Jonghyun and Sandara in the midst of all the unfamiliar faces, already sitting down. Feeling more sure that she had arrived at the right location, she let her body completely into the room and started walking slowly, buying time to find a seat. Hesitantly, her eyes fell to Sandara and Jonghyun again, who were looking at her.
Eh, they’re smiling, at me? She peered at them, trying to get a closer look and hoped that her eyes weren’t playing with her. Turning around and checking behind her, she saw no one else and came to realization. They really are  smiling at no other than me! Ooh, now they’re waving at me to come over!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry guys for not updating in a while :/ Well forever... My laptop got water damaged and it STILL hasn’t got replaced so basically, I’m sharing with my bros and I barely get time on the computer :/