Chapter 14

Living Under the Same Roof with a Jock

 

Dear Diary,
        Today, I just met the two friendliest people ever! I feel as if though I could relate to them in so many ways! I mean, to start off, all three of us have a major passion for math! I mean, I feel as if there aren’t enough of those people around. The girl I met is really pretty, has longish hair and such awesome style! Not to mention, she wears the cutest smile ever! Her name is Sandara. The boy I met goes by the name of Jonghyun and although he doesn’t squeal and talk as much as Sandara and I, he’s really nice and fun to be around. They were really kind to me and I don’t really know how to express my gratefulness... Except, this is normal right? Socializing and all? I have been so out of this type of world that I really don’t know how it feels like anymore! I mean, I barely talk at home and the only other person I share stuff with is Ji Eun. But then again... The snobs and jocks in our school don’t seem very inviting to a girl like me... Jonghyun and SanDara just make it so easy to open up! I can’t believe I haven’t met them before. Are there other people like this in this school? 
Aww, I have to go to sleep soon but I’ll keep you updated later. Annyeong!

             Till next time, Hyosung ♥

 

Hyosung put down her pen and closed her pink diary over it, deciding it was about time to go to sleep. After putting her diary away on the highest shelf in her closet, she went to bed with a light heart, not being able to put off her two new friends off her mind. Suddenly,  a question hit her. Do they really think of me as friends or was it just a one day deal? Only because they found me by myself? Not wanting to over think anything, she shook away the thoughts from her mind and closed her eyes, ready to fall into a deep unconscious state.


*** 1 week Later***

Buzzz!! She awoke with the ringing of her alarm and slammed a hand down on the off button. Groggily, she stretched while walking over to the curtains to separate them so the sunlight could reach the darkness of her room and overpower it.
Like she did every morning, she walked over to her electric outlet where her charger was connected to, also attached to her android phone. She pulled the cord off and brought it up in the air, pressing the touch buttons to enter the password when what met her at the screen met her eyes lit up in delight. There was a reminder waiting for her that said, “Math Team Starts Today, 2:30 PM in room 301.”
She had almost forgotten and suddenly, the day felt a lot brighter. Her eyes opened up more and her sleepy state was lessened. She ran to the bathroom, past Kikwang’s room in joy, excited for the afternoon that would be coming soon. The brush in her hands moved with rapid speed as she cleaned her teeth with toothpaste and then washed her face, toweling off before she left.
When she departed the tiny room where the toilet and shower stall were located for their use, she stopped dead in her tracks when her face met someone’s broad chest. She looked in surprise and saw Kikwang’s face but as expected, no words were exchanged between them while he refused to acknowledge her and  moved aside instead to let her through. Dazed, she walked back to her room. No matter how many times these types of occurrences happened, her heart beats would never stop going through the response of increasing in velocity everytime.
However, the moment was quickly forgotten and she pulled on her uniform and brushed through her hair, taking a little longer this time. She wanted to make a good first impression in front of her club members. She added a cute, bow clip to her loose hair and finished off the look with shine spray before dashing downstairs, hoping to finish all her breakfast for once.
“Wow, you’ve come down pretty early today!”
 “Umm... Yeah, I guess. Good Morning Mrs. Lee” Hyosung greeted her mother’s friend and then everyone else when she arrived at the breakfast table. The kitchen looked like one of those rooms in a family movie, with the bright sunlight shining in, the mother, well two mothers at the stove and the family centered around the table. There was yummy food everywhere and Hyosung settled herself down at a seat.
Her mother brought over a plate that had toast and sunny side on it, simple but yummy. “Thanks mom!” she said and started chewing away, glad that Kikwang wasn’t here to see her eat away like a pig. The fathers were pointing at something in the newspaper and talking about it and none of the boys were here which left a majority of the seats empty. As if on cue, Kikwang plopped down right in front of her, his uniform on and stuff already. His messy bed hair had transformed into a nice slick, shiny hair style and she could already smell his cologne from all the way here... Wrinkling her nose due to the scent of him, she finished eating the rest of her breakfast, but slower, non-pig style this time and then rose from her seat, eager to get out of his presence. Most of the time, she arrived to the breakfast table minutes after Kikwang left which she didn’t really mind but this wasn’t the case today as she hadn’t pressed the snooze button three times today.
Hyosung left the plate in the sink which the mothers ushered her to go without washing and they would take care of it. She gave in and walked back to the table where her chair was so she could pull off the strap of her bag from the chair and place it on her shoulder instead. For some reason, she could feel Kikwang’s eyes on her as she did this but she didn’t dare look down at him, in fear of him seeing her or even worse, their eyes meeting.
Watching her step in case she fell in front of Kikwang’s very eyes, she fled from the place and out the door into the morning sunshine which she could finally feel full on. It was unusually bright today... Maybe this is a good sign. She smiled to herself with the nice weather which had been on the rise on getting worse usually since it was fall, heading further into Winter but it turned out today was an exception.
She was walking with a big smile on her face, humming with the chirp of the birds until she reached the bus stop and stood there waiting for the XX31 bus to arrive. However, it felt as if it was taking longer than usual and she couldn’t stop glancing at her watch. It’s probably because I arrived at a different time that it seems like it’s taking longer so I’ll still get there on time, she ended her worries, returning back to her humming self. I finally got here before the early bird, Kikwang, at least.
While another six minutes passed, she stood there looking down at the concrete ground beneath her, leaning on the pole of the bus stop while wondering how math club would be. She imagined herself walking in and walking over to where Jonghyun and SanDara were sitting, if they were together that is. She hadn’t really seen them around the whole week, always keeping an eye out for them while she walked through the crowded hallways of the High School. With their being over thousands of students attending the school, it wasn’t even easy meeting up with Ji Eun unless they made a specific meeting place at an appointed time. Fortunately, she did get a lucky glance of SanDara’s smiling face the day before yesterday, but when she was unable to gain attention from her since it was loud in the cafeteria and the girl was merely passing by with her friends at her side.
She snapped out of her thoughts when she looked to the left and saw an approaching bus. Straightening up, she got ready to walk over a little over to the left where the bus would break itself when just as she started walking, her head went up and at the same time, a figure about the height of 5’6 entered her sight. It was walking towards her and she squinted to get a better look due to the distance separating them. Is that Kikwang? Seeing the figure’s hair sticking up in the air and his purple and white attire which belonged to a man, she was sure of it - it was him. The jerk who called her a nobody.