Chapter 5

Living Under the Same Roof with a Jock

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god! Those were the three words repeatedly going through Hyosung’s head as she sat, crouched down in front of the door with her back towards it.
Was that... Did I... Did I just see KIKWANG?! Oh my god. What the hell is he doing here?! Wait, what the hell? Am I pabo? Of course it’s alright for him to be here... It’s his house after all... Is it? Well, what else would explain it...?
She struggled to get her mixed thoughts in order as she tried to regain back her calm, cool and collected mind. Okay, relax Hyosung, this isn’t a big deal. You can do this.
“Sweetie, are you coming down?!” she could hear her mom calling from downstairs. Oh yeah... It’s time for dinner. But how am I supposed to go down there without him seeing me? Wait, this is stupid. He’ll end up seeing her anyway since they’re living in the same house! Living in the same house... Those words repeated in her head. Suddenly, it clicked in her head, becoming a reality. Oh my god... I’m going to be Living Under the Same Roof with a Jock!
Wow... So late to realize this... Suddenly, she snapped back onto her feet. I can’t just sit here and ponder this fact. Dinner awaits me! Before the adults could start calling for her again, she opened the door, as quietly as she could, trying not let it be audible to the ears of her floor neighbor.
Silently shutting it behind her, she tiptoed across the carpeted floor until she reached the top of the stairs before making a dash down them, in her cheetah mode.
“Oh, so you came,” the kind woman, or also known as, Kikwang’s mother stated when she finally saw the expected, teenage girl’s face appear before them. Hyosung stared at the long table, with a plethora of dishes on top of it. The yummy smells from the food had already reached her nose the second she stepped out of her room, and now was watering at the mere sight of it. Her parents, Kikwang’s parents and the the youngest son from each side, making it six people, had already occupied most of the seats around the table, leaving only two spots left. Choosing a random seat, she pulled up a chair next to her brother, who was already chomping away at his rice and side dish. The food must be really good if he’s eating like that.
Hyosung was putting food on her plate with Mrs. Lee pointing out some dishes she should try when Hyosung’s mother made her head go up, asking the question,  “Where is your son, if I may ask?”
“Oh, I called him down a while ago but I don’t know what’s taking him so long... I’ll go call him again,” and with that, she disappeared. The rest of the adults made small talk while Hyosung took small bites of her food, still pondering about what had happened a few minutes ago.
Was it really Kikwang? I mean... I only had a glance of the side of his face while he was still in the process of turning around before I revolted and dashed into my room. Did he see me? Oh my god. What if he did... Wait, I’m not even sure if it was Kikwang!
Concluding that it was most likely not Kikwang, and only a wild segment of her imagination, Hyosung quickly vanished the thought and continued eating. After all, it was  probably only a hallucination, since she had been fantasizing about living with Kikwang for so long. Even before she found out she was moving, she had always wondered about this possibility. And after she found out she would be moving, the daydreams about her and him living within the same household together increased even more. Although it was pretty silly, she had been secretly hoping throughout the whole week that the Junior or Senior she’d be living with would turn out to be Kikwang. However, the agony of the wait before she could find out if her dream came true was horrible, especially since she was unable to dig up any dirt from her mom, who was almost just as clueless about the kids as she was. All she had information on was about the parents of the crush, whom she barely had any interest for.
Hyosung was 99% ready for disappointment though since the chance of it not being Kikwang was pretty high. She may daydream a lot but she was aware of the fine line between fantasy and reality.
Eating away and disposing of the unlikely possibility, Hyosung started listening to the men’s conversation instead, who were talking about prices of something that she had no idea about when suddenly, her ear’s attention were caught by a voice of a woman instead who was saying, “Son, these are the housemates we’ve been telling you about. Meet the Jeon’s!”
Hyosung’s eyes shifted towards the front of the staircase where the voice came from in a flash of lightning. There stood Mrs.Lee and a another person she had to roll eyes up to get a full view of.
Her eyes went wide. The chicken leg she was chewing on fell from midair and dived into the plate, falling with a thud. was shaped in an o with her jaw hanging, leaving enough space for a wondering fly to flutter in. She gawked at the person standing in front of her, with his hands in his pockets and his eyes set on her. It was no other than... KIKWANG!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, thanks for all the sweet comments... Really appreciate non-silent readers ^^ They're like the fuel to anyone's writing :) I just hope I can keep going with more chapters... Anyway, thank you!! :D