Chapter 10

Living Under the Same Roof with a Jock




“So how was the move?” Ji Eun asked Hyosung with lighted up eyes as she took a seat down beside her during homeroom.
Before responding, Hyosung quickly rummaged through her bag in search of a book to cover while she spoke. “It was okay... Except for one thing.” Peering over her Vampire Diaries book, she spied the teacher busied in papers at her desk which meant that she was safe. Talking during homeroom instead of focusing on work or reading was strictly forbidden by the teacher but students still managed to talk anyway. Hyosung took an extra precaution by covering her lips with random notebooks, textbooks or other objects.
Ji Eun on the other hand didn’t bother to do so since she was less of a goody goody then her friend. Boldy turning her face to Hyosung, she spoke, “What is that thing?” Her eyes were filled with curiosity. “Wait, before that... Tell me who the boy you're living with is! Is he cute? Hot? Tell me!” she begged.
“Alright, alright” Hyosung calmed down her friend, fearing that the name that would come out of would cause squeals from Jieun’s mouth which would cause trouble.
“It’s...” Ji eun came closer, eager to hear who it was. “Kikwang,” Hyosung ended her sentence.
Immediately, Ji Eun was dangerously going, “Oh my go-!” Hyosung had put down her book to clasp her friend’s mouth before attention was drawn to the two of them.

“Shush!” she whispered to her friend. “I don’t want anyone to know. He’ll kill me if he finds out that I even told you.”
“What really? What kind of guy is he?” her friend 's eyes were wide, boiling with excitement. “I can’t believe you're living with the school’s most popular guy!” she whispered loudly. Hyosung looked around in case anyone was eavesdropping and relaxed a little when she saw everyone absorbed in other activities such as studying, reading, texting under the desk or having sneaky conversations.
“Don’t be so excited... He’s a total JERK!” Hyosung warned Ji Eun making the girl’s eyes go wide in surprise.
“Really?”
“ Yeah, I can’t believe that I even ever saw something in him. He didn’t even bother to say hi to his new housemate!”
“Wow... This came as a surprise.”
Hyosung let out a forced laugh. “No kidding. He thinks he’s so cocky and all that... It makes me want to vomit,” she stuck out her tongue in disgust. Getting so into the rant, she didn’t even realize that she wasn’t holding up the book in front of her face anymore.
“Wow, you seem to really dislike him.”
“Dislike is too weak of a word... I think I hate him! I can’t believe I’m stuck in the same house as him... Wait, make that same floor... His bedroom is right across from mines! And we have to share the same bathroom,” she sighed.
“Gosh, your parents set you up so close to each other?”
“Yeah... The parents are on the first floor, the kids are on the second, and the teenagers meaning us are on the third,” she informed.
“Wow, nice way of setting things up.”
“Not really...” Hyosung grumbled. “I’m stuck with a jerk. But I got to say... His mom is so nice!” her tune lightened with the last part. “She made me feel so at home and even decorated my room for me...”
“Wow really?! I’m so happy for you!” she smiled.
“I feel like she was too kind. It’s even better than my own room back at home. I hadn't even met her before yesterday but it feels like she really knows me just by the way she decorated everything. White laces everywhere,” her eyes got dreamy as she remembered the way her new bedroom looked like.
“That’s nice. You so got to invite me sometime!”
“Sure,” Hyosung agreed with a smile but then her face darkened. “Just hope the jerk’s not there... I don’t want him making you feel bad either.”
“You make him sound so mean... What did he ever do to you?”
“He called me a nobody!” she exclaimed, trying to held back her tears. She put up a good face in the morning but being reminded of the term made her feel down again. That was the last thing she wanted to be called. As if she didn’t already know how bland she was.
“Aww. He did?!” she put an arm around her friend. “It’s okay. Don’t mind him. But gosh... I knew  he was popular and all... But I didn’t think that there was such an obnoxious guy behind that image! He just seemed so... I don’t know. I thought he’d be different. Like there would be a deeper side to that type of personality he put on.”
“I know right...” Hyosung looked down. “I always thought there would be a different side to him as well... But turns out I was wrong. He’s just as stuck up and shallow minded as the rest of those jocks...” It wasn’t easy accepting the reality of this new truth.
During the middle of her thoughts, the bell suddenly rang making her have to dismiss them as she scrambled to get her book inside of her bag and got up with Ji Eun.
“Hey, don’t we have English right now?” Ji Eun asked Hyosung as they headed for the door.
“Yeah,” Hyosung answered. Her eyes suddenly got big as she realized what this meant. “That means we’re going to be in the same room as Kikwang for a whole 45 minutes...” she whispered. Boy, this will be something to look forward to... NOT!