Chapter 1

Living Under the Same Roof with a Jock

Riiing! Hyosung groaned once the alarm clock’s screeching cries for her to rise from her bed and a get move on reached her ears. She wasn’t particularly thrilled about another school day, especially after the previous one. Groggily, she forced her eyes to split open before slamming a fist down upon the off button attached to that annoying alarm clock of hers.
Wishing that she could press snooze once again which would have made it the fifth time that morning if she remembered correctly, Hyosung slowly walked over to the only bathroom in the house which she and her mom shared.
“Did you sleep well dear? Your eyes look pretty puffy right now,” her worried mother asked her when she was downstairs at the breakfast table, eating the cereal that was prepared.
“I’m fine mom...” she replied as usual when her mother asked questions like these, not wanting to have to explain.
“Alright dear...” her mom let go of the topic but Hyosung found it odd when she never felt the presence of her mom’s eyes leave her face. Looking up, her eyes fell upon the sight of her mom standing with her hands on the counter for support, staring intently into her eyes.
“Um mom... Not to be rude... But why are you staring at me?” she asked, feeling unconscious with even her mom’s eyes on her.
“Oh sorry dear... But I have something to tell you when you get back from school today. Come home early, okay?”
With the hearing of this, Hyosung couldn’t help but feel curious, “What mom?” especially since her mother rarely ever made a big deal about news like this. What was it that she couldn’t just say now?
“You’ll know later. It’s getting late so I suggest you hurry up and get to school.”
“Alright, alright...” she grumbled and finished up with her last bite, scrambling to get a sip of orange juice before grabbing her bag and running out the house and toward the bus stop.

***

“Boy you’re late,” her friend Jieun commented when Hyosung finally settled into her seat and starting running her hands through her bag, searching for her history notebook.
“Yeah... I woke up late,” she responded, flipping the pages to a fresh, sheet of paper and then started copying down the aim.
She could feel the eyes of her beloved friend peering at her face now, “Hey, were you crying?” she asked, causing heads to turn who had overheard them talking. She looked up in surprise only to shift her gaze quickly back down again when she felt her face start to get warm. She hated attention. It only made her feel uncomfortable.
Raising her open notebook up to cover her face, she shushed Jieun, “Speak lower! And yeah... I was crying... But is it really that obvious?”
“Yeah... Your eyes are kind of red and puffy...” Hyosung groaned at the hearing of this. What a way to start off the morning with bad things already happening.
“But why? Why were you crying...?” her friend asked her with a tone full of concern.
“I don’t want to talk about...” she ended and switched onto talking about the new song Big Bang was about to release instead.


***

The bell rang, signaling that the period was over and it was time to switch classes. Hyosung flinched when she suddenly caught sight of the usual five group of boys who caused an uproar among the girls five days a week as they made their way down the hallway, smiling and laughing at each other’s jokes. Her head immediately went down after she finally spotted Kikwang, whom she usually looked for when it was time to switch classes, getting excited over merely crossing paths with him as they passed each other.
Among the background noise of the other students in the crowded hallway, she hoped to not be spotted, keeping her head down while dragging Jieun with her toward English class when someone suddenly burst out, “Hey, it’s that girl from yesterday!”
She recognized the person’s voice as one of the jock’s boys. She looked up only to find one of the boys pointing at her. Oh why now?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Omo! I wake up in the morning to find 9 subscribers already with just the foreword?! You guys are seriously too trusting with my lacking writing skills... But thank you so much! Sorry if you hate author's messages but just felt like I had to get my gratefulness out there... I'll try to not disappoint you guys ^^

 But I feel as though I already have... With such a boring chapter and all already :/ Sorry :( I'm horrible, I know :/ I'll try harder though... ^^

 Ooh, BTW, are you guys okay with the chapter length? Or shall I make it longer? I tried to keep it short and to the point since I tend to go on and on with some of my other stories.. :/