Chapter 18

Living Under the Same Roof with a Jock

So here I was walking into Mcdonalds with my buds and all when the most astonishing sight reached my eyes. It was that girl who lived in the same house as me. I think her name is Hyosung or whatever. Anyways, she was sitting there talking to someone. When I got a better look... It turned out to be no other than that numbskull, Kevin
I couldn’t believe what my eyes was seeing. Seeing the girl in Mcdonalds was enough. I mean, who would have ever thought that she’d be caught in a place like this when she barely takes a foot out of her room most days except to go take up my bathroom time or freeload off our food? But... Not only is she here- here as clear as a bell, but she’s also here with Kevin?! Doesn’t she know the rumors about that blockhead yet? Or is she just too stupid as to neglect all that?
“Kikwang, where you staring at?” some kid interrupted my thoughts causing me to look up.  
“Huh?”
“We’ve been asking you what you want for like hours and you still haven’t even moved your mouth.”
Before Doo Joon could even get a glance at what I had been gawking at the whole time, I take his arm and start walking him away myself, turning his attention back to my face. “Sorry man, just been thinking... You really need a haircut you know?”
 He blinks. “I do? But it’s always been like this and you never said anything before...”
“ Ya, well I’m noticing now. Anyways, make that a mcflurry with oreos, arraso?”
“Kay, he wants a mcflurry guys!”


*** Moments Later***

 Everyone had finally received the drinks and other food items from the menu that they had ordered and now they were eating away. We had to push two huge tables together just to make the 12 of us fit. Six big bulky football players and another six of our beautiful and lovely cheerleaders.
However, it was hard to focus on goofing off with the guys. Instead of paying attention to, Junghyun and Dongwoon when they started having a burger eating contest, my eyes kept flickering to that girl and what got me mad was that she didn’t even notice me at all!  It seemed like she was having a real good time with that kid... Real good time.Too busy making all this cheesy looking eye contact with that boy to bother even taking in her surroundings for a split second. I’m not exactly sure why, but the way she looked down or away as if she was blushing made something inside of me boil. I’ve never seen her smile like that before... Maybe it’s because of how rude you are to her’ my conscious tells me but I shake it off, exchanging it for thoughts more suitable to my liking. How stupid of her to reveal her smile to a guy like him. Is she really that easy to sway?
My eyes fall upon another pair, a boy and a girl whom I didn’t really recognize walking up to the table. Hyosung and that Kevin kid slide down and leave space for them to sit down. The two boys sit on one side and the two girls on the other and as a team, the four spread out the food together and start eating, laughing here and there. It seems peaceful, and they seem to be having a genuine good time...


***

After sitting there watching the girl chat away with those two nobodies and that rascal Kevin, I don’t know how much longer I can take it. The blood reaching to my head is just about to reach it limits when she stands up just in time. They seem to be ready to leave and the four team up to clear up the table.
Just as they’re exiting the place, something inside of me urges me to stand up and before I know it, my knees are unbending and I’m elevated over everyone.
“Hey, you going to the bathroom or something bro?” Doo Joon asks.
“Nah... Just realized that I have to get home to do some stuff for my mom... Alright then cya later,” I slide my two shouldered book bag on my back and rush out of there, not bothering to pay attention to the murmer of goodbyes.
 I don’t know why I’m doing this but I get some weird instinct that- I freeze a few feet away from the bus stop as my eyes wonder if what its seeing is true. Hyosung’s there but with Kevin too... Their bodies are close, almost touching... Too close for it to be just a casual thing when there’s nobody watching to their knowledge. Where are those other two nobodies anyway?
I’m about to leave and turn back for Mcdonalds, saying that my mom didn’t need me anymore when I’m stopped by the sudden movement of the Bastard’s Kevin’s head tilting downwards toward Hyosung’s. His fingers going for her lips and all.