Chapter 3

Living Under the Same Roof with a Jock

Did she just hear what she thought she heard? The words, “Yo chill. She’s not my type... I’d never go out with her” wouldn’t stop repeating in Hyosung’s mind. The more she thought about it, the more her heart sank into sorrow even more.
“Hyosung, are you there?” Ji Eun snapped her fingers in front of her deep in thought friend’s face, bringing her back to Earth.
“Oh yeah, I’m sorry,” she apologized, cut off from the daze she was in. They were standing in the bus for a while now, holding onto the poles for a while now with Hyosung completely unaware of her surroundings.
“What were you thinking about?” her friend asked her in concern.
“Oh nothing really...” Hyosung replied deceivingly. She didn’t want her friend to know what was on her mind, especially with it being on Kikwang. Ji Eun had no idea about the feelings she bore for him.
“You sure? If what those low lives did today got to you, just brush it off. They’re just being real bi-” she stopped herself, realizing that she was going too far with her ranting. “Sorry, but just don’t let it get to you. It doesn’t matter, kay?”
Hyosung nodded her head in obedience, although snobby girls weren’t the main point of her worries.
“Hey, I have to go it’s my stop,” Ji Eun notified her before making her way through the crowd of people to get off.
Soon enough, it was Hyosung’s turn to get off as well. While she walked to her house, a thought suddenly occurred to her. Didn’t mom have something she was planning to say to me today?
Suddenly, she found herself walking faster, eager to find out what her mom had to say. After all, it wasn’t often that her mother delayed news like this and most of the time, it came out to be good things.
“Mom, I’m home!” she yelled as soon as she entered the house. Making sure to lock the door behind her, she made her way through the house, wondering why there was no response. Is she not home?
“Welcome home,” her mother suddenly popped out of nowhere.
“Oh there you are!”
“Yes dear. Don’t worry, I was just in the bathroom,” she ran her fingers through her daughter’s hair while smiling.
“So what did you have to say to  me today?” Hyosung asked, her curiosity starting to boil.
“Oh yeah,” she asked as if recalling what she had told me earlier. “Well, have a seat dear.”
“Okay,” I agreed, walking over to the kitchen counter and pulling up a seat as well as she did. “So what did you have to say?”
Her mother let out a chuckle as she could sense the obvious enthusiasm within her daughter. “Hey, calm down. Okay, I’ll tell you. Well...This may be kind of surprising and it just happened unexpectedly... But...” she stalled longer, making Hyosung want to explode.
“But...?”
“I’m not sure how you’ll handle this exactly. But... We’re moving!” she finally came out with the news.
Hyosung was about to open when someone else vocalized her thoughts instead. “We’re moving!?” She looked down to see her little, ten year old brother standing there next to them. There was a cookie in his hand, suggesting that he came over to grab a snack.
“Yes dears, we’re moving. I’m glad that Kang Han was here as well to hear so I wouldn’t have to repeat myself.”
“But where are we moving? What’s wrong with this house?” Hyosung asked for details. She didn’t expect the news to be something like this, expecting maybe going shopping or at most, on a short vacation somewhere.
“There’s nothing really wrong with this house,” her looked around. “But it’s getting kind of old don’t you think? It’s about time we move too. Our new house will be bigger, have three floors and our very own garage and backyard!” she exclaimed. Suddenly, the idea started growing on Hyosung. Wow, a new house. That would be nice compared to this small apartment. It wasn’t cramped considering that only four people lived inside of it. But a house with stairs, floors and a backyard sounded so much cooler.
“Yay!” her brother shouted in exclamation. “A backyard! Now I can run around and play football without having to go to the park all the time,” he grinned.
“But what are we gonna do in such a big house? We’re not all that many people...” Hyosung wondered.
“Well, the catch is... It’s not going to be just our family...”
“Huh?” Hyosung gawked.
“Well... We’re going to be living with another family under the same roof,” she filled us in after seeing her children’s puzzled faces.
“Another family?!” Hyosung was surprised with this new fact.
“What’s up with that mom?!” her brother exclaimed. “We’re going to be living with some strangers or something?!”
“Yes, but they’re not just strangers! They’re old family friends.”
“But why mom?” the mother’s daughter didn’t know how she felt about living under the same house with another family. Her privacy would be completely diminished!
“Because we figured that it be a lot easier to pay for the bills with both families contributing to them. Plus, it’s going to be a lot more fun this way!” she smiled with enthusiasm.
The sixteen year old baffled teen just sat there quietly, still full of mixed emotions. Not know what to ask, she continued asking more questions. “Are there any kids?”
“Yes, If I remember correctly, I think the family has two sons.”
“Sons?!” she clearly hadn’t been very fond of living with more boys in the house! It was already such a hassle with having Kang Han around and now two more boys within her surroundings?
“How old are they? Are they little?” she asked, clearly not looking forward to having to be around three brats running around at the same time. She shuddered in horror at the thoughts of them teaming up and pulling childish pranks and spraying her with water guns.
“Umm, I think one of them is about nine or ten-”
“Yes!” Kang Han interrupted his mother in mid sentence, clearly excited about the idea of a play mate.
Hyosung only groaned, “And the other is how old?” she asked.
“Umm... Well, I think he’s either a senior or junior in High school... In fact, he goes to your school!”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I didn't expect to update this often but seeing your comments and all just really drives me... Thank you so much for leaving them! :) Just hope that I can continue with this average rate of one chapter a day... :/ And once again... Sorry if my story is really boring you... I at writing well :/